• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,002
  • Content Per Day:  0.64
  • Days Won:  0

On 4/26/2023 at 3:50 PM, Keras said:

Ezekiel 37:1-14 prophesies the Spiritual regeneration of the House of Israel, verse 14 says the Lord will send His Spirit upon them. As He does to us believers in Jesus. 

I know that the prevailing view is that the passage is not about actual
resurrection, but I think scripture as a whole clearly shows otherwise.

In verse 12 God says:

'O my people, I will open your graves, and cause you to come up out of your graves,
and bring you into the land of Israel'

Verse 14 also declares

"...and I shall place you in your own land.."

The two verses are clearly connected,
the whole passage is about the total restoration of Israel,
from even death. Jeremiah 30:9 and Psalm 16:10-11 foretell of David's
actual resurrection, Ezekiel 37:24 therefore is about an actual resurrected David
and the Messiah as Shepherd.

What promise of resurrection was Paul referring to in Acts 26:5-8?
[note also Acts 23:6-8]

[Isaiah says "Israel's dead men shall rise,
together with my dead body shall they arise"
That is Isaiah speaking, prophetically, but it is Isaiah and not God directly speaking of resurrection. Other such passages are Job 19:25-26 and Psalm 16:10-11, Daniel 12:2 specifically prophesies about resurrection, but there is only one place in the old testament where God Himself promises resurrection to Israel as a whole:
Ezekiel 37:12]

Clearly Ezekiel 37:12 is the promise of resurrection Paul speaks of in Acts 26,
because there is no other such promise of resurrection directly from God to the nation of Israel.

The dispute between Pharisee and Sadducee was the resurrection.
When a Pharisee read passages such as Ezekiel 37 they thought it was about actual resurrection, the Sadducees did not. Acts 23:8.

We see that even since Paul's time there were those who wanted to insist that
passages such as Ezekiel 37, and Isaiah 26:19 were not about actual resurrection.

Paul was a Pharisee Acts 23:5, the fact that Christ rose from the dead
proved that Paul's view was correct, there will be an actual resurrection of the dead,
therefore passages about resurrection are about actual resurrection.

We can very safely conclude that Paul believed that Ezekiel 37:12 was a promise from God Himself to the fathers, concerning actual resurrection.

Because that is what the passage as a whole is describing, resurrection:
'can these bones live?'

"Thus says the Lord God:
I will cause breath to enter into you and you shall live"

"And I will lay sinews upon you,
will bring up flesh upon you, and cover you with skin,
and put breath in you and you shall live;
and you will know that I am the Lord"

'Come from the four winds, Oh breath of life,
and breath upon these slain that they may live'

'And they stood upon their feet
an exceedingly great army'

"O my people, I will open your graves,
and bring you up out of your graves,
and bring you into the land of Israel'

And ye shall know that I am the Lord,
when I have opened your graves,
O my people, and brought you up out of your graves"

"And shall put my spirit in you,
and you shall live, and I shall place you in your own land"

Only if we take verse 14 out of the context of the previous
13 verses can we say it is not about actual resurrection.

Thankfully there is scripture that enforces the correct
understanding of the passage, namely Acts 23:5-8 together with
Acts 26:6-8, Paul is clearly referring to Ezekiel 37:12
as 'the promise made of God unto the fathers', concerning resurrection.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  1,002
  • Content Per Day:  0.64
  • Days Won:  0

On 4/26/2023 at 1:48 PM, Charles R. Sabo said:

That nuclear exchange of Ezekiel 39:6 will occur within the first week of the seven-year Seventieth Week of Daniel. Nuclear war is coming. 

"And I will send a fire on Magog"

Ezekiel 39:6 declares that God will send a fire on Magog.

How you get nuclear exchange from that is unclear.

Clearly even in Ezekiel 38 it's not just 'Gog and Magog'
but also "Persia, Ethiopia, and Libya.. Gomer, Togarmah...
and many people with you"  Ezekiel 38:5-7

It's many nations, and many people with you,
which fits with Revelation 20 perfectly,
it's the majority of the world going to battle
the camp of the saints.

"The land of unwalled villages,
all of them dwelling without bars or gates"

The camp of immortal saints, dwelling safely in the woods,
or wherever they want.

Both accounts have them attacking in the same way,
by 'going up on the breath of the earth' Revelation 20:9
'as a cloud to cover the land'. Ezekiel 38:9

We can understand that as many airplanes.
Obviously what the world would try to do is nuke
the camp of the saints, but God sends a greater fire down
from above even the airplanes.

And please don't forget the first point made,
Ezekiel 38:8,11 does not describe the Israel of our times,
it simply is not the 'land of unwalled villages'
they are not 'brought back from the sword'
Israel is one place in the world where armed solders
patrol the streets and roof tops,
and there are military checkpoints all over the place.

And so whatever Gog and Magog come to attack
is clearly not the Israel of our times.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 3 months later...

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  6,495
  • Content Per Day:  12.21
  • Days Won:  31

On 4/27/2023 at 9:46 PM, Tristen said:

You said, “There are those of us, who have been well educated and gifted by the Holy Spirit to understand the difference between allegory and literal words within the scriptures

Just to give you perspective – to me, you are just some random person on the internet. I have no reason to trust you as an authority regarding anything. Therefore, I am only interested in the quality of your arguments. Self-declarations of expertise are entirely irrelevant to me.

I am obligated to God to “Test all things; hold fast what is good” (1 Thessalonians 5:21) – that includes everything you have to say.

Because many of you do not understand the difference, you are motivated to argue, rather than pray, research, and learn

In terms of rational quality, you have applied two logic fallacies in this statement. The first is Adhominem – that is, arguing the point on the basis of something personal about the opponent. The second is an Appeal to Motive – trying to undermine the opposing position by presuming to know their motives, rather then addressing the arguments.

The Bible is not entirely literal in everything that is disclosed

Agreed.

If you do not have the proper education, you will misinterpret these highly complex passages

Firstly - God can teach anyone who has the Holy Spirit.

1 John 2:20 - But you have an anointing from the Holy One, and you know all things.

Second – The Bible is God’s Word to humanity. Not just those Gnostics who presume themselves to have some special knowledge hidden from the rest. The Bible was written in human language, to be understood by humans at every level.

Therefore, God can reveal anything to anyone through His Word – regardless of one's level of “education”.

I learned many years ago to deep dive into God's word, using hermeneutics properly, as the Holy Spirit guided me in my research

That’s great – But that doesn’t mean we all have to accept what you say without question. We are each accountable to God. I fear and respect God too much to put my trust in any fallen human. No-one gets to simply assume our trust – no matter how “educated”.

Not everyone has the knowledge, therefore those that simply read the words and assume all is literal will have extremely misguided interpretations

Are you the God who knows every heart? If not, how do you know what we “assume”?

And if you think a conclusion is “misguided”, then go ahead and make your argument. Simply declaring yourself to be “educated and gifted” does not count as an argument.

Let the educated teach the uneducated, rather than argue

You mean, ‘You “teach” everyone who disagrees with you, and they should simply accept what you say because you are "educated" and they are "uneducated"'.

This is not a Biblical approach. Everyone can do research and learn from the Bible – especially Christians who have the Holy Spirit to guide us.

We respect those whom God has anointed as teachers over us. But you have not earned any right to presume teaching authority over anyone here. You are just another member. You are both welcome and encouraged to participate. But you have no earned right to try and control the opinions and expressions of others.

I do apologize to anyone offended by my passion for God's word

No apology necessary.

Can we all just read someone's opinion, then let it go?

You are welcome to do so.

This is a forum where we can discuss and debate issues – so that we might all grow in knowledge. Each of us plays a different role in the Body of Christ – so each of us has something to offer the church. You are free to participate however you please.

God has given you the learned, and you must decipher who is and who isn't

God has given us the Holy Spirit, and the rest of the Body of Christ, for the joint edification of each other.

God does not respect our qualifications. Neither should we simply accept an opinion as true on the basis of the presenter’s qualifications.

Again, we are admonished by God to, “Test all things; hold fast what is good” (1 Thessalonians 5:21).

Pick your education from well-learned teachers, and not be influenced by the unlearned.

It is always wise to be cautious about who we let speak into our lives, but God can use anyone to teach us – for “there is no partiality with God” (Romans 2:11). No fallible human has the right to declare themselves the unchallenged voice of God in our life – just because they claim to have some higher level of “education”. The Pharisees in the Bible were the most highly educated people of the time, and also those who fought the most vehemently against Jesus.

@Tristen "Prove all things", etc., from 1 Thess. 5, is indeed a good principle to apply! :)

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  153
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  5,881
  • Content Per Day:  2.47
  • Days Won:  1

On 4/30/2023 at 6:24 PM, Desopixi Seilynam said:

"And I will send a fire on Magog"

Ezekiel 39:6 declares that God will send a fire on Magog.

How you get nuclear exchange from that is unclear.

Clearly even in Ezekiel 38 it's not just 'Gog and Magog'
but also "Persia, Ethiopia, and Libya.. Gomer, Togarmah...
and many people with you"  Ezekiel 38:5-7

It's many nations, and many people with you,
which fits with Revelation 20 perfectly,
it's the majority of the world going to battle
the camp of the saints.

"The land of unwalled villages,
all of them dwelling without bars or gates"

The camp of immortal saints, dwelling safely in the woods,
or wherever they want.

Both accounts have them attacking in the same way,
by 'going up on the breath of the earth' Revelation 20:9
'as a cloud to cover the land'. Ezekiel 38:9

We can understand that as many airplanes.
Obviously what the world would try to do is nuke
the camp of the saints, but God sends a greater fire down
from above even the airplanes.

And please don't forget the first point made,
Ezekiel 38:8,11 does not describe the Israel of our times,
it simply is not the 'land of unwalled villages'
they are not 'brought back from the sword'
Israel is one place in the world where armed solders
patrol the streets and roof tops,
and there are military checkpoints all over the place.

And so whatever Gog and Magog come to attack
is clearly not the Israel of our times.

The Israel of our time is the beast.

The saints in that land that do not worship the beast and will soon die for their testimony of Jesus will reign with Christ in that land.

Daniel 7

24 And the ten horns out of this kingdom are ten kings that shall arise: and another shall rise after them; and he shall be diverse from the first, and he shall subdue three kings.

25 And he shall speak great words against the most High, and shall wear out the saints of the most High, and think to change times and laws: and they shall be given into his hand until a time and times and the dividing of time.

26 But the judgment shall sit, and they shall take away his dominion, to consume and to destroy it unto the end.

27 And the kingdom and dominion, and the greatness of the kingdom under the whole heaven, shall be given to the people of the saints of the most High, whose kingdom is an everlasting kingdom, and all dominions shall serve and obey him.

After the beast is destroyed,the saints recieve the promised land.All of it from Euphrates to the Nile.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  72
  • Content Count:  550
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  2

Gog and Magog: symbols of all pagan nations. The names are taken from

Ez 38,1-39,20 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Content Count:  6,602
  • Content Per Day:  1.07
  • Birthday:  10/28/1957

On 4/19/2023 at 9:29 PM, Charles R. Sabo said:

Ezekiel 38:4 And I will turn you back, and put hooks into your jaws, and I will bring you forth, and all your army, horses and horsemen, all of them clothed with all sorts of armor, even a great company with bucklers and shields, all of them handling swords: The encounter that Gog is being turned back from is located within Daniel 11:40-43. As I had explained from Ezekiel 29-30, the end-times judgment against Egypt is weaved within Ezekiel 29:8-16, 30:1-9, and 30:12-19. Gog of the land of Magog is the “king of the north” within Daniel 11:40-45.

And the Egyptians will I give over into the hand of a cruel lord; and a fierce king shall rule over them, says the Lord, the Lord of hosts. (Is. 19:4)

To keep this timeline of events consistently moving to the last judgment spoken of in Isaiah 19:1, the timing of Isaiah 19:4 coincides with the end-times events. The fierce king, who will rule over them, will be Antichrist. The Lord gives the Egyptians over into his hand. That would seem to imply that there is to be a conflict, which will cause them to resist being ruled over by Antichrist.

40 And at the time of the end shall the king of the south push at him: and the king of the north shall come against him like a whirlwind, with chariots, and with horsemen, and with many ships; and he shall enter into the countries, and shall overflow and pass over. (Dan. 11:40)

And at the time of the end” is clearly the time period being referred to here as the time of the end of the current age, or dispensation. We must realize that the prophecies in Daniel 11 are working on a timeline. With verses 11:36-39 referring to the Antichrist of the Seventieth Week of Daniel, then we must conclude that the “time of the end” is during this time as well. The exact timing of this battle, between the king of the north and king of the south, cannot be determined based on information that has been given as of yet. Once certain prophecy has been fulfilled, in these end times, the timing may start to become clearer.[2]

Daniel 11:40 has been misinterpreted by most theologians. They seem to fail to use proper pronoun-to-noun references, in order to determine who Daniel is referring to in this prophecy. If one refers to the pronoun “him” in the phrase “shall the king of the south push at him,” we need to refer to the previous noun in verses 11:36-39. Since Daniel uses pronouns in verses 36-39 that refer to the first noun mentioned in verse 36, we must refer to that noun also. Verses 11:36-39 refer to “the king,” who has been determined by most theologians to be Antichrist. With this being understood, one can then plug “Antichrist” in place of the pronoun “him” in verse 40 (shall the king of the south push at Antichrist).[3] 

The next phrase that follows is where many will stumble upon “and the king of the north shall come against him.” Using the same pronoun-to-noun referencing, one should understand that the “king of the north” shall come against the “king of the south.” If we search back through the entirety of Daniel 11, we will find that Daniel only refers to the “king of the south” and “king of the north” initially, then he uses pronouns to reference back to them. Never will we see Daniel referring to them, at any time, as just a “king;” he only calls them king of the south, or king of the north. With that understanding, Daniel did not call this king of the north as just the “king,” nor did he refer back to the pronoun used previously, as he did in the first phrase that referred back to verses 11:36-39. If Daniel meant for this “king of the north” to be Antichrist, he would have used the pronoun “he,” or called him “king” only (and he shall come against him, or, and the king shall come against him). Instead, Daniel calls him “king of the north” which refers to the king from a northern empire. The king of the north, historically, has been an Aramean king from the Seleucid Dynasty. Because the timeclock has fast-forwarded to the “time of the end,” the location that the king of the north rules over is more difficult to determine.[4]

The Antichrist will send his “king of the north” to inflict war on the king of the south, which is Egypt. The same pronoun referencing occurs within Daniel 11:41-42, which points to the king of the north, who was the last noun mentioned in verse 11:40. He shall stretch forth his hand also upon the countries: and the land of Egypt shall not escape” (Dan. 11:42). With Daniel 11:42 implying that Egypt shall not escape, that confirms what Isaiah says here in 19:4, when the Lord will “give over into the hand” of the Antichrist, or “cruel lord.” Ezekiel 30:3-6 indicates that Egypt will fall by the sword during the same time of decimation, where they will eventually become desolate in verse 30:7;  The king of the north does the police work for the Antichrist. The Antichrist is the “fierce king” who “shall rule over them.”[5]   

Shalom, Charles R. Sabo.

You were doing fine until you got to this section. Daniel 11 has been COMPLETELY fulfilled. It is NOT a prophecy about the "end times." It was a prophecy about the times from the last rulers of Persia (modern Iran) to the time of the Messiah.

It is not my website at all, nor am I affiliated with them, but you may want to review the proofs of this at Here a little there a little. (Please be aware that this is not a secure link.) Between the Ptolemies of Egypt and the Seleucid Empire's rulers, which include Antiochus IV "Epiphanes," all of these prophecies were fulfilled. Even the later verses are shown to be fulfilled by Rome's Caesar Augustus and Herod the Great, leading up to the continuation in Daniel 12 when the Messiah arrives and then a brief glimpse at the resurrections He will provide. Only these resurrections are about OUR future.

Daniel 9 is also misunderstood by many prophecy buffs. It is not a future "Antichrist" who fulfills Daniel 9:27; it was the MESSIAH of Daniel 9:26 who fulfilled this verse!

Bringing you up to speed, "the prince that shall come" in verse 26 is NOT the "Antichrist." It was the Roman general and future Caesar, Titus, who was responsible for the destruction and decimation of Jerusalem and the Temple in 70 A.D. It was HIS people, the Roman armies (out of control), and the zealots' reactionary response that led to the burning and looting of the Temple so that "not one stone was left upon another."

From a Hebrew grammarly perspective, the "prince" is the second noun in a noun construct state, "`am nagiyd" ("people of-prince") that renders the word incapable of being the subject in verse 27. In English translation, "of-[the]-prince" is a prepositional phrase, and the "prince" is the object of the preposition "of." Therefore, it cannot be the subject of the sentence that is ON-GOING into verse 27. (Verse 27 has NO subject nouns within the verse associated with its verbs.) One must GO BACK farther into verse 26 to find the subject of the verbs in verse 27, and that must be "Mashiyach" or "Messiah."

Thus, it is the MESSIAH who "shall confirm the covenant with many for one week." This refers to the DAVIDIC Covenant with which His birth was announced by the SAME messenger, Gavri'eel, in Luke 1:30-33:

Luke 1:30-33 (KJV)

30 And the angel said unto her,

"Fear not, Mary: for thou hast found favour with God. 31 And, behold, thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and bring forth a son, and shalt call his name JESUS. 32 He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David: 33 And he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end."

He is also the One who "in the midst of the week" "shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease," by being the LAST Sacrifice that God would accept!

Hebrews 10:1-18 (KJV)

1 For the law having a shadow of good things to come, and not the very image of the things, can never with those sacrifices which they offered year by year continually make the comers thereunto perfect. 2 For then would they not have ceased to be offered? because that the worshippers once purged should have had no more conscience of sins. 3 But in those sacrifices there is a remembrance again made of sins every year. 4For it is not possible that the blood of bulls and of goats should take away sins.

5 Wherefore when he cometh into the world, he saith,

"Sacrifice and offering thou wouldest not, but a body hast thou prepared me: 6 In burnt offerings and sacrifices for sin thou hast had no pleasure. 7 Then said I,

"'Lo, I come (in the volume of the book it is written of me,) to do thy will, O God.' "

8 Above when he said, "sacrifice and offering and burnt offerings and offering for sin thou wouldest not, neither hadst pleasure therein"; which are offered by the law; 9 Then said he, "Lo, I come to do thy will, O God." He taketh away the first, that he may establish the second. 10 By the which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ ONCE FOR ALL.

11 And every priest standeth daily ministering and offering oftentimes the same sacrifices, which can never take away sins: 12 But this man, after he had offered ONE SACRIFICE FOR SINS FOR EVER, sat down on the right hand of God; 13 From henceforth expecting till his enemies be made his footstool. 14 For by one offering he hath perfected for ever them that are sanctified. 15 Whereof the Holy Ghost also is a witness to us: for after that he had said before,

16 "This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days," saith the Lord, "I will put my laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I write them";

17 And

"their sins and iniquities will I remember no more."

18 Now where remission of these is, THERE IS NO MORE OFFERING FOR SIN.

He is also the One who "for the overspreading of abominations (in the actions of the Pharisees and Sadducees and Levites and Priests)," "shall make it desolate, even until the consummation." The "overspreading of abominations" are found in the majority of Matthew 23. Then, Yeeshuwa` ("Jesus") said,

Matthew 23:37-39 (KJV)

37 "O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, thou that killest the prophets, and stonest them which are sent unto thee, how often would I have gathered thy children together, even as a hen gathereth her chickens under her wings, and ye would not! 38 Behold, your house is left unto you DESOLATE. 39 For I say unto you, Ye shall not see me henceforth, till ye shall say,

"'Blessed is he that cometh in the name of the LORD.'"

And, this last sentence is a quote from Psalm 118:26:

Psalm 118:22-26 (KJV)

22 The stone which the builders refused is become the head stone of the corner.
23 This is the LORD'S doing; it is marvellous in our eyes.
24 This is the day which the LORD hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.
25 Save now (Hebrew: Howshiyaach naa' = Greek: Hoosanna = English: "Rescue-us now!"), I beseech thee, O LORD: O LORD, I beseech thee, send now prosperity.
26 Blessed be he that cometh in the name of the LORD (Hebrew: Baruwkh habaa' b-shem YHWH): we have blessed you out of the house of the LORD.

And, as I've said before, these first two words are seen in the plural, "Baruwkhiym habaa'iym," at all the airports and seaports in israel today! They translate to "Welcome, comers!"

sign_welcome1.jpg.24d3648c4641c2c408218148354d3b70.jpg

Therefore, Yeeshuwa` was telling them that they as a nation wouldn't see Him again until they could WELCOME Him "in the name" or "on the authority" of YHWH God; that is, as God's Messiah!

And, true to the prophecy, "that determined shall be poured upon the desolate" until He returns. This is the REAL "tribulation" or the "Time of Jacob's Trouble." The seven years merely SANDWICH between the two halves this current time in which we live.

Ezekiel 38:4 And I will turn you back, and put hooks into your jaws, and I will bring you forth, and all your army, horses and horsemen, all of them clothed with all sorts of armor, even a great company with bucklers and shields, all of them handling swords: The encounter that Gog is being turned back from is located within Daniel 11:40-43. As I had explained from Ezekiel 29-30, the end-times judgment against Egypt is weaved within Ezekiel 29:8-16, 30:1-9, and 30:12-19. Gog of the land of Magog is the “king of the north” within Daniel 11:40-45.

And the Egyptians will I give over into the hand of a cruel lord; and a fierce king shall rule over them, says the Lord, the Lord of hosts. (Is. 19:4)

To keep this timeline of events consistently moving to the last judgment spoken of in Isaiah 19:1, the timing of Isaiah 19:4 coincides with the end-times events. The fierce king, who will rule over them, will be Antichrist. The Lord gives the Egyptians over into his hand. That would seem to imply that there is to be a conflict, which will cause them to resist being ruled over by Antichrist.

40 And at the time of the end shall the king of the south push at him: and the king of the north shall come against him like a whirlwind, with chariots, and with horsemen, and with many ships; and he shall enter into the countries, and shall overflow and pass over. (Dan. 11:40)

And at the time of the end” is clearly the time period being referred to here as the time of the end of the current age, or dispensation. We must realize that the prophecies in Daniel 11 are working on a timeline. With verses 11:36-39 referring to the Antichrist of the Seventieth Week of Daniel, then we must conclude that the “time of the end” is during this time as well. The exact timing of this battle, between the king of the north and king of the south, cannot be determined based on information that has been given as of yet. Once certain prophecy has been fulfilled, in these end times, the timing may start to become clearer.[2]

Daniel 11:40 has been misinterpreted by most theologians. They seem to fail to use proper pronoun-to-noun references, in order to determine who Daniel is referring to in this prophecy. If one refers to the pronoun “him” in the phrase “shall the king of the south push at him,” we need to refer to the previous noun in verses 11:36-39. Since Daniel uses pronouns in verses 36-39 that refer to the first noun mentioned in verse 36, we must refer to that noun also. Verses 11:36-39 refer to “the king,” who has been determined by most theologians to be Antichrist. With this being understood, one can then plug “Antichrist” in place of the pronoun “him” in verse 40 (shall the king of the south push at Antichrist).[3] 

The next phrase that follows is where many will stumble upon “and the king of the north shall come against him.” Using the same pronoun-to-noun referencing, one should understand that the “king of the north” shall come against the “king of the south.” If we search back through the entirety of Daniel 11, we will find that Daniel only refers to the “king of the south” and “king of the north” initially, then he uses pronouns to reference back to them. Never will we see Daniel referring to them, at any time, as just a “king;” he only calls them king of the south, or king of the north. With that understanding, Daniel did not call this king of the north as just the “king,” nor did he refer back to the pronoun used previously, as he did in the first phrase that referred back to verses 11:36-39. If Daniel meant for this “king of the north” to be Antichrist, he would have used the pronoun “he,” or called him “king” only (and he shall come against him, or, and the king shall come against him). Instead, Daniel calls him “king of the north” which refers to the king from a northern empire. The king of the north, historically, has been an Aramean king from the Seleucid Dynasty. Because the timeclock has fast-forwarded to the “time of the end,” the location that the king of the north rules over is more difficult to determine.[4]

The Antichrist will send his “king of the north” to inflict war on the king of the south, which is Egypt. The same pronoun referencing occurs within Daniel 11:41-42, which points to the king of the north, who was the last noun mentioned in verse 11:40. He shall stretch forth his hand also upon the countries: and the land of Egypt shall not escape” (Dan. 11:42). With Daniel 11:42 implying that Egypt shall not escape, that confirms what Isaiah says here in 19:4, when the Lord will “give over into the hand” of the Antichrist, or “cruel lord.” Ezekiel 30:3-6 indicates that Egypt will fall by the sword during the same time of decimation, where they will eventually become desolate in verse 30:7;  The king of the north does the police work for the Antichrist. The Antichrist is the “fierce king” who “shall rule over them.”[5]   

Shalom, Charles R. Sabo.

You were doing fine until you got to this section. Daniel 11 has been COMPLETELY fulfilled. It is NOT a prophecy about the "end times." It was a prophecy about the times from the last rulers of Persia (modern Iran) to the time of the Messiah.

It is not my website at all, nor am I affiliated with them, but you may want to review the proofs of this at Here a little there a little. (Please be aware that this is not a secure link.) Between the Ptolemies of Egypt and the Seleucid Empire's rulers, which include Antiochus IV "Epiphanes," all of these prophecies were fulfilled. Even the later verses are shown to be fulfilled by Rome's Caesar Augustus and Herod the Great, leading up to the continuation in Daniel 12 when the Messiah arrives and then a brief glimpse at the resurrections He will provide. Only these resurrections are about OUR future.

Daniel 9 is also misunderstood by many prophecy buffs. It is not a future "Antichrist" who fulfills Daniel 9:27; it was the MESSIAH of Daniel 9:26 who fulfilled this verse!

Bringing you up to speed, "the prince that shall come" in verse 26 is NOT the "Antichrist." It was the Roman general and future Caesar, Titus, who was responsible for the destruction and decimation of Jerusalem and the Temple in 70 A.D. It was HIS people, the Roman armies (out of control), and the zealots' reactionary response that led to the burning and looting of the Temple so that "not one stone was left upon another."

From a Hebrew grammarly perspective, the "prince" is the second noun in a noun construct state, "`am nagiyd" ("people of-prince") that renders the word incapable of being the subject in verse 27. In English translation, "of-[the]-prince" is a prepositional phrase, and the "prince" is the object of the preposition "of." Therefore, it cannot be the subject of the sentence that is ON-GOING into verse 27. (Verse 27 has NO subject nouns within the verse associated with its verbs.) One must GO BACK farther into verse 26 to find the subject of the verbs in verse 27, and that must be "Mashiyach" or "Messiah."

Thus, it is the MESSIAH who "shall confirm the covenant with many for one week." This refers to the DAVIDIC Covenant with which His birth was announced by the SAME messenger, Gavri'eel, in Luke 1:30-33:

"Fear not, Mary: for thou hast found favour with God. 31 And, behold, thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and bring forth a son, and shalt call his name JESUS. 32 He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David: 33 And he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end."

He is also the One who "in the midst of the week" "shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease," by being the LAST Sacrifice that God would accept!

1 For the law having a shadow of good things to come, and not the very image of the things, can never with those sacrifices which they offered year by year continually make the comers thereunto perfect. 2 For then would they not have ceased to be offered? because that the worshippers once purged should have had no more conscience of sins. 3 But in those sacrifices there is a remembrance again made of sins every year. 4For it is not possible that the blood of bulls and of goats should take away sins.

"Sacrifice and offering thou wouldest not, but a body hast thou prepared me: 6 In burnt offerings and sacrifices for sin thou hast had no pleasure. 7 Then said I,

"'Lo, I come (in the volume of the book it is written of me,) to do thy will, O God.' "

8 Above when he said, "sacrifice and offering and burnt offerings and offering for sin thou wouldest not, neither hadst pleasure therein"; which are offered by the law; 9 Then said he, "Lo, I come to do thy will, O God." He taketh away the first, that he may establish the second. 10 By the which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ ONCE FOR ALL.

11 And every priest standeth daily ministering and offering oftentimes the same sacrifices, which can never take away sins: 12 But this man, after he had offered ONE SACRIFICE FOR SINS FOR EVER, sat down on the right hand of God; 13 From henceforth expecting till his enemies be made his footstool. 14 For by one offering he hath perfected for ever them that are sanctified. 15 Whereof the Holy Ghost also is a witness to us: for after that he had said before,

16 "This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days," saith the Lord, "I will put my laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I write them";

17 And

He is also the One who "for the overspreading of abominations (in the actions of the Pharisees and Sadducees and Levites and Priests)," "shall make it desolate, even until the consummation." The "overspreading of abominations" are found in the majority of Matthew 23. Then, Yeeshuwa` ("Jesus") said,

37 "O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, thou that killest the prophets, and stonest them which are sent unto thee, how often would I have gathered thy children together, even as a hen gathereth her chickens under her wings, and ye would not! 38 Behold, your house is left unto you DESOLATE. 39 For I say unto you, Ye shall not see me henceforth, till ye shall say,

25 Save now (Hebrew: Howshiyaach naa' = Greek: Hoosanna = English: "Rescue-us now!"), I beseech thee, O LORD: O LORD, I beseech thee, send now prosperity.
26 Blessed be he that cometh in the name of the LORD (Hebrew: Baruwkh habaa' b-shem YHWH): we have blessed you out of the house of the LORD.

And, as I've said before, these first two words are seen in the plural, "Baruwkhiym habaa'iym," at all the airports and seaports in israel today! They translate to "Welcome, comers!"

Therefore, Yeeshuwa` was telling them that they as a nation wouldn't see Him again until they could WELCOME Him "in the name" or "on the authority" of YHWH God; that is, as God's Messiah!

And, true to the prophecy, "that determined shall be poured upon the desolate" until He returns. This is the REAL "tribulation" or the "Time of Jacob's Trouble." The seven years merely SANDWICH between the two halves this current time in which we live.

Shalom, Charles R. Sabo.

17 And

Shalom, Charles R. Sabo.

17 And

Shalom, Charles R. Sabo.

17 And