• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  11,054
  • Content Per Day:  6.49
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

Perhaps Selah is suggesting that it is not over yet. That many yet may enter into Christ.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  56
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,610
  • Content Per Day:  2.41
  • Days Won:  11

12 minutes ago, Marathoner said:

Certainly. Those who do not believe have already been judged.

Not yet. :)  Maybe this can be discussed on another thread so as not to derail this one further.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  72
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,291
  • Content Per Day:  7.10
  • Days Won:  99

21 minutes ago, Alive said:

Perhaps Selah is suggesting that it is not over yet. That many yet may enter into Christ.

Our sister isn't incorrect. Of course not --- but neither am I. We know this judgement of the Lord I refer to: all men have sinned. They love darkness, and not the Light. :)

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  667
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  0

23 hours ago, Neighbor said:

Hi all,Look at the total disagreement that is expressed on this board about most everything having to do with faith in Jesus.

I'll bluntly state that if about half the people here tried to influence my child I'd be totally ticked off.

We all have so many variances in our understanding our own thoughts and convictions, a group presentation about Jesus to a child here would be reason for a child to run away from the chaos and discord of the adults.

so what to do?  How about very first thing stating-  Hi you say you are 13 and want to know more about Jesus. That is good, let's ask about your family and parents first.

What do they share with you?

Might we include them in any conversation  about my Lord and savior Jesus so that they  too are involved, for your sake and mine and theirs too. Let's have a family involvement for it is improper for me to presume they  do not mind my talking to their child without their involvement.-

In doing that can the child still fake being a parent too? Yes of course, but it is a best attempt at bringing not only the child into awareness, but also very importantly the parents or guardian.

This idea that a Christian is entitled to steal away a child to Jesus is way wrong headed thinking!!! Instead, demanding nicely that a parent be involved also shows the child a distinct difference between the internet world of predators and the brethren in Christ Jesus. That being we want to train up the child to not be going out from under his own parents guidance as a start.

If one cannot get parental consent and involvement one is lacking in faith of Jesus by the Holy Spirit to bring into the fold the parents too. Sometimes one must presume that  the Holy Spirit will do the work in another way than by you/me! To think it must be me, and I must do it my way, going around a parent-whoa no way. Bad move!

You try to turn my child without talking with me first and as part of  all discussion and you would do so at great risk and deservedly so. That definitely includes school teachers and school administrators as well as Church Sunday school teachers.

Christians need to have the confidence in the Holy Spirit's ability to do things most properly, even  as the world sees it. Otherwise Christians are to be seen by the world as being just  predators too.  That does not make for a grand testimony when instead the Christian could have simply said  to a child; great where is your mom , dad or guardian  let's all talk together.

Ok, I was going to completely disagree with your assessment of witnessing to kids, but, after thinking about your post, I won't do that. Depending on the age of the child, namely a very young child, all they need to know is that 'Jesus loves them this I know, for the Bible tells me so', and let Jesus take care of the rest.  If we cannot at least do that, then we have some explaining to do at the Bema Seat of Christ.

To the older kids who are capable of responding to the love of Jesus, and the drawing of the Hold Spirit ministering to them, I would speak of the Gospel of how Jesus can come into their life and how they can experience the love of Jesus. IF parents have issues with that, then the parents have the problem, not us. IF the parents forbid us to share Jesus with their kids, then yes, we back off and pray that Jesus would send other laborers to minister to those kids. Jesus is not bound by such constraints put on us, and He can get those kids into the right place at the right time to hear the gospel.

Regarding the disagreements in this forum, it is an 'Iron sharpens Iron' thing that is happening here. My attitude is that Worthy members don't have to be right to be my friend . . . LOL. Several have influenced me over the years, and my appreciation for other members and their situations has 'broadened' my understanding outside my small circle of brothers and sisters in my local church. Many times I do not agree with them, but, I can at least understand them, and then I can go to the Bible and confirm what I believe and why.

Regarding Worthy members sharing Jesus with my kids, I would welcome 90+ percent of them doing so. Regarding 'how' they live the new life in Jesus . . . . end time theology . . .  and being ok with obvious violations of scriptures . . . not so much of a high percentage.

Grace and Peace . . . Ray . . . 

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  233
  • Content Per Day:  0.57
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/20/1957

I would always respond to anyone, any age, that sought to know Christ with the gospel message.

Been doing that for years as a pastor and before that street preaching.

We have to be like Jesus and take the gospel to the world.  Matt. 28:19-20