IGNORED

Another Question from an unbelieving Jew...

JohnD

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  910
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,666
  • Content Per Day:  2.01
  • Days Won:  9

2 minutes ago, kwikphilly said:

Blessings Brother....

Do we answer the question?God Answers them that are Asking .... But who asks?

The Answer of course is Jesus but unless they themselves are seeking God with all of their hearts instead of following the instructions of their rabbis ,teachers,parents or whomever then what? We have God's Word,you quoted above what should stand out to every Jew" what is this New Covenant?" "How Will you Forgive my iniquities?"

They seem to simply refuse to look for themselves and just do as they're told and I really can relate to that myself,having been raised in the same way....Faith Comes by Hearing the Word of God,all of God's Word is about Jesus- they are not looking for God or Messiah Jesus Would Reveal Himself ( that's what I Believe)for He is the Way,the Truth and the Life,no one can come to Him Except through our Lord and Savior

With love in Christ, Kwik

A very good word, Sister!

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Praise God! 1

I have encountered much opposition by those who refuse to look at the texts of their own Tanakh (Old Testament scriptures). 

It was those very scriptures that Yeshua the Messiah and the Messianic Covenant (New Covenant / New Testament) come from. 

Whenever the scriptures are mentioned or are quoted in the New Testament (Brit Chadasha) they refer to the Tanakh (which were the only

scriptures extant at the time) as authoritative.

Even when I quote verbatim the Tanakh, the opposition resorts to obfuscation or subterfuge like claiming the texts are misinterpreted. But I

simply quoted their texts from their Chabad online Tanakh (including the above quote).

The text states that YHVH will form a new covenant unlike the old covenant formed at Mount Sinai which the people broke.

Unlike the old covenant, YHVH will identify himself

Unlike the old covenant, YHVH will put his instruction (HIS torah which is unlike the torah of the old covenant) on the hearts of those in the new covenant with him

Unlike the old covenant, YHVH will forgive the sins of those in covenant with him forever

And the suffering servant of Isaiah 52:13-53:12 is the one who paid the price to make this new covenant possible.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 2
  • Praise God! 1

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  308
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,150
  • Content Per Day:  4.59
  • Days Won:  327

18 minutes ago, JohnD said:

A very good word, Sister!

Indeed,it's God's Word in your OP.....:amen:

So many times I look back and remember " Do this,do that,this is required of you,this is not permitted" And when ,as a little child,I would question what the Bible actually said I was told that I shouldn't be reading the Bible but the "catholic missile"because I couldn't understand it!!!

It just reminds me of what Jews are instructed - Talmud,Midrash.    Halakah(I forget how to spell it)

But yes,I encounter the same subterfuge & obfuscation....and the funny thing is it's never their own revelation but another's interpretation that was taught them!I was taught many things that were misinterpretations,until I started diligently seeking God's Truth it was not yet Revealed,the Eyes of my heart simply were closed because my whole heart was not in actively,sincerely ,seeeking God   It is a heart condition,isn't it?🤔

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  56
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,610
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  11

3 hours ago, JohnD said:

How can God tell the Jews he will never break covenant with them and then make a new covenant with Jesus?

God didn’t break covenant with the Jewish people.

They broke covenant with God.

Jeremiah (Yirimyahu) 31:

30 Behold, days are coming, says the Lord, and I will form a covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah, a new covenant.

להִנֵּ֛ה יָמִ֥ים בָּאִ֖ים נְאֻם־יְהֹוָ֑ה וְכָֽרַתִּ֗י אֶת־בֵּ֧ית יִשְׂרָאֵ֛ל וְאֶת־בֵּ֥ית יְהוּדָ֖ה בְּרִ֥ית חֲדָשָֽׁה:

31 Not like the covenant that I formed with their forefathers on the day I took them by the hand to take them out of the land of Egypt, that they broke My covenant, although I was a lord over them, says the Lord.

לאלֹ֣א כַבְּרִ֗ית אֲשֶׁ֚ר כָּרַ֙תִּי֙ אֶת־אֲבוֹתָ֔ם בְּיוֹם֙ הֶֽחֱזִיקִ֣י בְיָדָ֔ם לְהֽוֹצִיאָ֖ם מֵאֶ֖רֶץ מִצְרָ֑יִם אֲשֶׁר־הֵ֜מָּה הֵפֵ֣רוּ אֶת־בְּרִיתִ֗י וְאָֽנֹכִ֛י בָּעַ֥לְתִּי בָ֖ם נְאֻם־יְהֹוָֽה:

32 For this is the covenant that I will form with the house of Israel after those days, says the Lord: I will place My law in their midst and I will inscribe it upon their hearts, and I will be their God and they shall be My people.

לבכִּ֣י זֹ֣את הַבְּרִ֡ית אֲשֶׁ֣ר אֶכְרֹת֩ אֶת־בֵּ֨ית יִשְׂרָאֵ֜ל אַֽחֲרֵ֨י הַיָּמִ֚ים הָהֵם֙ נְאֻם־יְהֹוָ֔ה נָתַ֚תִּי אֶת־תּֽוֹרָתִי֙ בְּקִרְבָּ֔ם וְעַל־לִבָּ֖ם אֶכְתֳּבֶ֑נָּה וְהָיִ֚יתִי לָהֶם֙ לֵֽאלֹהִ֔ים וְהֵ֖מָּה יִֽהְיוּ־לִ֥י לְעָֽם:

33 And no longer shall one teach his neighbor or [shall] one [teach] his brother, saying, "Know the Lord," for they shall all know Me from their smallest to their greatest, says the Lord, for I will forgive their iniquity and their sin I will no longer remember.

לגוְלֹ֧א יְלַמְּד֣וּ ע֗וֹד אִ֣ישׁ אֶת־רֵעֵ֜הוּ וְאִ֚ישׁ אֶת־אָחִיו֙ לֵאמֹ֔ר דְּע֖וּ אֶת־יְהֹוָ֑ה כִּֽי־כוּלָּם֩ יֵֽדְע֨וּ אוֹתִ֜י לְמִקְּטַנָּ֚ם וְעַד־גְּדוֹלָם֙ נְאֻם־יְהֹוָ֔ה כִּ֚י אֶסְלַח֙ לַֽעֲו‍ֹנָ֔ם וּלְחַטָּאתָ֖ם לֹ֥א אֶזְכָּר־עֽוֹד:ח֙ לַֽעֲו‍ֹנָ֔ם וּלְחַטָּאתָ֖ם לֹ֥א אֶזְכָּר־עֽוֹד:

Amen.  The millennium will be a WONDERFUL time, I do believe. 1149B82D-0FB6-40E8-A6D1-29E1DC0CE54C.gif.fdbfcae8e90e35c8621092b3cb2185c9.gif

• Praise God! 2

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  208
  • Topics Per Day:  0.36
  • Content Count:  3,519
  • Content Per Day:  6.07
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  04/01/2024

9 hours ago, JohnD said:

I have encountered much opposition by those who refuse to look at the texts of their own Tanakh (Old Testament scriptures). 

It was those very scriptures that Yeshua the Messiah and the Messianic Covenant (New Covenant / New Testament) come from. 

Whenever the scriptures are mentioned or are quoted in the New Testament (Brit Chadasha) they refer to the Tanakh (which were the only

scriptures extant at the time) as authoritative.

Even when I quote verbatim the Tanakh, the opposition resorts to obfuscation or subterfuge like claiming the texts are misinterpreted. But I

simply quoted their texts from their Chabad online Tanakh (including the above quote).

The text states that YHVH will form a new covenant unlike the old covenant formed at Mount Sinai which the people broke.

Unlike the old covenant, YHVH will identify himself

Unlike the old covenant, YHVH will put his instruction (HIS torah which is unlike the torah of the old covenant) on the hearts of those in the new covenant with him

Unlike the old covenant, YHVH will forgive the sins of those in covenant with him forever

And the suffering servant of Isaiah 52:13-53:12 is the one who paid the price to make this new covenant possible.

"But to this day whenever Moses is read, a veil [of blindness] lies over their heart; but whenever a person turns to the Lord, the veil is taken away." 1 Cor 3:15-16

And this veil affects others too, like those involved with homosexuality - even to the point they will say, "Homosexuality is a gift from God" in the face of all the plain scriptures to the contrary!

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  208
  • Topics Per Day:  0.36
  • Content Count:  3,519
  • Content Per Day:  6.07
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  04/01/2024

55 minutes ago, Slibhin said:

Are you saying my last post is a straw man fallacy?  I don't think that applies as I was pointing out that various groups look at plain scripture and interpret them to support their construct - this is because a veil lies over their heart preventing them from seeing the truth.

The premise is:

Many Orthodox Jews are adamant that Jesus in no way could be the Christ, therefore scripture means something other than that - a veil lies over their heart.

Many homosexuals are adamant that their practice is a gift from God, therefore scripture means something other than that - a veil lies over their heart.

LOL, Slibhin.

Redirection from what the Tanakh clearly states about the New Covenant of God

to prop up the Old Covenant that was entirely dependent upon the people not breaking it.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  4,139
  • Content Per Day:  1.42
  • Days Won:  0

On 5/5/2023 at 2:27 AM, JohnD said:

How can God tell the Jews he will never break covenant with them and then make a new covenant with Jesus?

God didn’t break covenant with the Jewish people.

They broke covenant with God.

Jeremiah (Yirimyahu) 31:

30 Behold, days are coming, says the Lord, and I will form a covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah, a new covenant.

You are correct in that God never broke His Covenant with Israel, but wrong about there being a New Covenant, even though the Prophets "called it a New Covenant" knowing Israel got lost in the Moses Law Covenant, which was not the original Covenant between Abraham and God. 

The PROMISE was the original covenant, the Law of Moses was only added 430 years after "THE PROMISE" and we know Abraham was made righteous by faith alone, not by any law.

Gal. 3:16 Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He saith not, And to seeds, as of many; but as of one, And to thy seed, which is Christ.

17 And this I say, that the covenant, that was confirmed before of God in Christ, the law, which was four hundred and thirty years after, cannot disannul, that it should make the promise of none effect.

18 For if the inheritance be of the law, it is no more of promise: but God gave it to Abraham by promise.

19 Wherefore then serveth the law? It was added because of transgressions, till the seed should come to whom the promise was made; and it was ordained by angels in the hand of a mediator.

The Promise was the original covenant so in essence Jesus can't really be a New Covenant, but in order to communicate with "men" who only understood The Law, it needed to be called a "New Covenant" even though it was the original covenant, and thus not new at all, its older than the Law of Moses. 

So, New Covenant is indeed a misnomer. The Promise to Israel was never broken therefore by God because He sent Jesus who died for Israel's sins, and our sins. Thus God fulfilled His promise to Israel, but Israel has to accept that atonement, as a nation, in order to bring in the Kingdom Age, no other Nation is called unto service save Israel, we are all called by God as individuals. Israel has a purpose/calling that is without repentance, in other words God will save Israel for His own glorious name. He says this in Ezekiel 36.

Ezekiel 36:17 Son of man, when the house of Israel dwelt in their own land, they defiled it by their own way and by their doings: their way was before me as the uncleanness of a removed woman. 18 Wherefore I poured my fury upon them for the blood that they had shed upon the land, and for their idols wherewith they had polluted it:19 And I scattered them among the heathen, and they were dispersed through the countries: according to their way and according to their doings I judged them.

20 And when they entered unto the heathen, whither they went, they profaned my holy name, when they said to them, These are the people of the Lord, and are gone forth out of his land. 21 But I had pity for mine holy name, which the house of Israel had profaned among the heathen, whither they went. 22 Therefore say unto the house of Israel, thus saith the Lord God; I do not this for your sakes, O house of Israel, but for mine holy name's sake, which ye have profaned among the heathen, whither ye went.

23 And I will sanctify my great name, which was profaned among the heathen, which ye have profaned in the midst of them; and the heathen shall know that I am the Lord, saith the Lord God, when I shall be sanctified in you before their eyes. 24 For I will take you from among the heathen, and gather you out of all countries, and will bring you into your own land.

25 Then will I sprinkle clean water upon you, and ye shall be clean: from all your filthiness, and from all your idols, will I cleanse you. 26 A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh. 27 And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them. 28 And ye shall dwell in the land that I gave to your fathers; and ye shall be my people, and I will be your God.

29 I will also save you from all your uncleannesses: and I will call for the corn, and will increase it, and lay no famine upon you. 30 And I will multiply the fruit of the tree, and the increase of the field, that ye shall receive no more reproach of famine among the heathen. 31 Then shall ye remember your own evil ways, and your doings that were not good, and shall lothe yourselves in your own sight for your iniquities and for your abominations.

32 Not for your sakes do I this, saith the Lord God, be it known unto you: be ashamed and confounded for your own ways, O house of Israel.

God brings Israel unto repentance for His own glorious and holy name !! Amen. 

Israel will be given all of the land promised unto them originally, from the river Euphrates to the Wadi in Egypt. This will only happen however after Jesus' return and at his 1000 year reign. Amen.