• Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,281
  • Content Per Day:  7.99
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

Seeing how togues is verbal communication this:
John 7:45 (KJV)

[45] Then came the officers to the chief priests and Pharisees; and they said unto them, Why have ye not brought him?

[46] The officers answered, Never man spake like this man.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  958
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,651
  • Content Per Day:  5.04
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

On 5/26/2023 at 6:27 PM, PATrobas said:

There is no Biblical record of Him ever exercising that gift.

Him meaning Yeshua, I ask is there Biblical record of anyone speaking as in  "tongues" prior to Pentecost? 

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  54
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  178
  • Content Per Day:  0.49
  • Days Won:  0

12 minutes ago, Neighbor said:

Him meaning Yeshua, I ask is there Biblical record of anyone speaking as in  "tongues" prior to Pentecost? 

The sign gifts of the Spirit were/are given to the church for its edification. However, Is. 28:11 is quoted in 1 Cor. 14:21 "In the law it is written, With men of other tongues and other lips will I speak unto this people; and yet for all that will they not hear me, saith the Lord." but this wasn't the gift of tongues but rather the Assyrians coming to invade Israel for their unbelief and they didn't understand the foreign language. They (Israel) were "unbelievers." So Paul goes on then to explain and compare Israel with those who refuse to believe the Gospel, " Wherefore tongues are for a sign, not to them that believe, but to them that believe not:"

So, in answer to your question, No, I don't believe there is.

11 hours ago, hand of blessing said:

Also, Jesus did not travel very far away from his home country, 

Perhaps so, perhaps not. Are we not totally without information as to His whereabouts for a lengthy period of his time, the time between  His youth and His three year ministry? Where was he for about 17+ or -  years? 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,955
  • Content Per Day:  0.26
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, Neighbor said:

Some argue that Hannah Samuel the Prophet's mother spoke or prayed in tongues:

And it came to pass, as she continued praying before the LORD, that Eli marked her mouth. Now Hannah, she spake in her heart; only her lips moved, but her voice was not heard: therefore Eli thought she had been drunken. And Eli said unto her, How long wilt thou be drunken? put away thy wine from thee. And Hannah answered and said, No, my lord, I [am] a woman of a sorrowful spirit: I have drunk neither wine nor strong drink, but have poured out my soul before the LORD. - 1Sa 1:12-15 

For he that speaketh in an [unknown] tongue speaketh not unto men, but unto God: for no man understandeth [him]; howbeit in the spirit he speaketh mysteries. ... For if I pray in an [unknown] tongue, my spirit prayeth, but my understanding is unfruitful. What is it then? I will pray with the spirit, and I will pray with the understanding also: I will sing with the spirit, and I will sing with the understanding also. - 1Co 14:2, 14-15 KJV

Edited by Jedi4Yahweh
  • Interesting! 1

Just now, Jedi4Yahweh said:

Some argue that Hannah Samuels the Prophet's mother spoke or prayed in tongues:

And it came to pass, as she continued praying before the LORD, that Eli marked her mouth. Now Hannah, she spake in her heart; only her lips moved, but her voice was not heard: therefore Eli thought she had been drunken. And Eli said unto her, How long wilt thou be drunken? put away thy wine from thee. And Hannah answered and said, No, my lord, I [am] a woman of a sorrowful spirit: I have drunk neither wine nor strong drink, but have poured out my soul before the LORD. - 1Sa 1:12-15 

Hi, An interesting possibility, thanks for sharing of it.

27 minutes ago, Neighbor said:

Hi, An interesting possibility, thanks for sharing of it.

However upon thinking just a bit and looking at commentaries I don't see where  "some" would come up with that conclusion, - unless they were really stretching to  force fit a conclusion they wanted it to fill.

It certainly wasn't edifying for Eli. He did not understand the movements nor the contortions at all. So that purpose of "tongues " was not in play as it was to be at Pentecost.

That she may have had the experience of the Holy Spirit upon her person may have been a unique experience to her I suppose.  She spoke her heart to God,as she did her lips moved is all I read, anything else would be for me speculation.

Since her lips moved, perhaps she was mouthing words in a manner deliberately keep Eli at a loss to understanding her plea to God.

Interesting, eh! But without some corroboration elsewhere I cannot  use it, not as a standalone reveal.

As an aside: I find my lips move as I read if my heart gets deeply into a subject being read about. I slooow down as I read along, kinda thinking word by word rather than taking in paragraphs at a time.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,628
  • Content Per Day:  1.15

4 hours ago, enoob57 said:

Seeing how togues is verbal communication this:
John 7:45 (KJV)

[45] Then came the officers to the chief priests and Pharisees; and they said unto them, Why have ye not brought him?

[46] The officers answered, Never man spake like this man.

John 7:45-47, "Finally the temple guards went back to the chief priests and the Pharisees, who asked them, “Why didn’t you bring him in?” “No one ever spoke the way this man does,” the guards replied.  “You mean he has deceived you also?” the Pharisees retorted."

You have clearly taken a single verse out of context and given a mistaken understanding of what it says.  Since they were supposedly deceived they understood what He had said.

This has nothing to do with speaking in tongues.

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  8
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

The  Biblical  story  of   Hanna   is  so  amazing  for me and  it touches my heart;  Hanna was barren and could not bear children for the Lord had shut up her womb.

Hanna’s inability to bear children was such heartbreak,  anguish,  affliction  and  distress  for  her  that  she  would  go  to  the  temple  many  times  and  rise  up  in  the  temple  weeping,  crying  and  sorrowful,   she was in bitterness of soul and prayed unto the LORD,  and wept and wept
and  she  was  so  hurt  that  she  even  refused  to  eat  food.

she would pray silently moving her lips in prayer,  but  God  had  a  plan  to  bring  the  prophet  Samuel  through  Hanna.
He  opened her  womb  and  her  sorrow,   pain,  anguish  and  affliction  she  felt  was  turned  to  rejoicing.

Hanna  was  a  Polygamous  woman  married  to  a  man  named  Elkanah  who  had  two  wives   -     Hannah  and  Peninnah:
But we  notice  something  here,  in the Translation in        1Sam  1:   6 - 7
:6.......  And  her  adversary also provoked  her  sore,   for to make her fret
:7.......    so  she,     (  her  adversary )   -        provoked her;    therefore  she  wept,   and  did  not  eat.

In verses   :6  -  :7         -     Is  the  Translation attempting to  say  that  the  other  wife,  the  second  wife  of  Elkanah,  named  Peninnah  -    was  someone  that  Hanna  perceived  as  a  female  adversary  unto  her  and  that  Hannah  felt  that  this  second  wife  was    “   provoking  Hanna  “    -     and aggravating,  persecuting  and  a  torment  unto  Hanna,  causing  Hanna to  feel  all  these  hurtful  feelings    ?

Please  notice
The  King James  Version  says

1Sa 1:6      And   her   adversary  also  provoked  her  sore,   for to make her fret, womb.    :7    so  she  provoked  her;  therefore she wept,  and did not eat.

The  Catholic  Douay  Rheims Version  says
1Sa 1:      Her   rival  also  afflicted  her,  and  troubled  her  exceedingly,  insomuch that she upbraided her
:7    she  provoked  her:   but Anna wept, and did not eat.

Do the manuscripts truly say that the other  wife,  the  second  wife  of  Elkanah,  named  Peninnah  -    was  someone  who was an  ENEMY,   a   RIVAL   acting  as  a  female  adversary,   provoking  Hanna  “    persecuting  and  tormenting Hanna ?

The  Translations do portray the other wife here  as  a  horrible evil  enemy  and  tormenter as  a  second  wife  who was   Her  ADVERSARY,,  Her    Opponent,,  Her    Challenger,,  Her    Antagonist,,   Her    Rival   and   Her    Persecutor     “
We do see the    “    TRANSLATIONS   “     attempting  to  invent and insert an imaginary   boogie  -  woman  in the background who is the other wife of the husband by altering and completely changing the passage.  

This is supposed to be based on the pretext   and  alleged  reason of the reader suspecting that  Hannah was being antagonized, tormented and persecuted because another woman  / wife and her children      {  HER  adversary }     had received more possessions and property than Hannah had received.  

Hannah is filled with jealousy, hatred, anger, rage  and  bitterness   /  resentment :    that she is enraged and infuriated to the point of starving herself to death because her husband is an evil polygamous who only cares about his other wife.

But   let’s  look  at  verse   -    :6     .......   And  her   adversary   also  provoked   her   sore

This is exactly what the Hebrew Manuscripts say  -  exactly  word  for  word.
:6         וכעסתה       And  her anger       -           צרתה        her  anguish,   -   affliction   -  distress       -
גם־כעס      also   grief    /  sorrow     -       בעבור    because      -     הרעמה     she  troubled    -
כי־סגר    since  that  shut       -        יהוה    Jehovah  /  Yahwhea     -
בעד     for         -       רחמה׃    her   womb

:6    manuscript    meaning
AND  HER  ANGER  HER  ANGUISH,  AFFLICTION  DISTRESS  GRIEF   SORROW   BECAUSE  SHE  TROUBLED  SINCE  THAT  SHUT  YAHWHEA   FOR   HER   WOMB

But the translation says   -      -      :6.......  And  HER  adversary also provoked her sore, for to make her fret, because the LORD had shut up her womb
But  the manuscripts say nothing about Hanna being upset, hurt and in sorrow because the other wife was an  adversary  provoking  her in torment and sorrow

:7        וכן       And  so      -    יעשׂה    she  did    -       שׁנה   year   -      בשׁנה    by   year    -      מדי   -    too  much    -
עלתה    rise   up    -     בבית    in   the  house      -        יהוה     of   Yahwhea
-     כן      so      -    תכעסנה        grievous   sorrow     -      ותבכה     weeping      -
ולא   and  not    -     תאכל׃   did  eat

:7     AND  SO  SHE  DID  YEAR  BY   YEAR   TOO  MUCH  RISE   UP   IN   THE  HOUSE  OF   YAHWHEA                                                         SO  GRIEVOUS   SORROW  WEEPING  AND  NOT  DID  EAT

But the translation says   -      -      :7.......   so    SHE   {   HER   adversary  }     provoked her     ;        therefore she wept, and did not eat.

Again the manuscripts say nothing about Hanna having  an  adversary who  is  provoking her  in  torment  and  sorrow

Let’s  look  at  the  two  words  that  the  translations  use
adversary   and  provoked

Notice  this  Hebrew word     “      tsârâh   -      צרתה     “       =        is  used     “   73  total times………    “     -      in the entire Manuscripts  this   word   always  has the exact  meaning  of   -    anguish,   -   affliction   -  distress   -   tribulation    -    trouble     and  one single time   -  and      ONE   TIME   ONLY   -       the translators change this word  into   “    ADVERSARY    “
the  72  other times,    they translate this word   always as    “  anguish,   -   affliction   -  distress   -   tribulation    -    trouble  .  “
They needed  his  polygamous  wife  Hannah  to  have  a  horrible  evil  enemy  and  tormenter,  another  second  wife    who was her   “    Her    ADVERSARY,    Her    Opponent,   Her   Challenger,   Her   Antagonist,    Her   Rival   and  Her   Persecutor     “
Never is this Hebrew word   “      tsârâh   -      צרתה     “       ever, ever, ever again  by  the  TRANSLATORS    -    used as the word    -    ADVERSARY  of the “   73  total times  except in verse   -      :7

Also  the  word    -    “   PROVOKED   “     that the translators attempt to insert into the passage is the  Hebrew word   כַּעַס     -     ka‛as     /   kah'-as
Meaning    -  =            Anger,  angry,  grief,  indignation,  provocation,    sorrow,  spite, wrath.
https://www.blueletterbible.org/lexicon/h3512/kjv/wlc/0-1/
to  despond;   causatively,  to  deject:  —   be  broken,   be  grieved,   make  sad.
But  the  description  in  the  chapter  gives  not  single  narrative that  Hanna was feeling  provocation  and suffering because she was  angry or jealous of the other wife  -    -  this  is  assumed  by  the  translators     -  
FROM   THEIR  OWN  PERSONAL  FEELING.
NOTHING  IN  THE  MANUSCRIPTS   NOR  THE  PASSAGE  IS  INDICATING  FEELINGS  OF  HURT                                                           BECAUSE  OF  A  POLYGAMOUS   FAMILY  SITUATUION……..
1Sa 1:16        for out of the abundance of my complaint and   “   GRIEF     כַּעַס     -     ka‛as    “have I spoken
Psa 112:10       The wicked shall see it, and be grieved     “   GRIEF     כַּעַס     -     ka‛as    “
Pro 17:25     A foolish son is a       “   GRIEF     כַּעַס     -     ka‛as    “to his father
Ecc 1:18       For in much wisdom is much grief
Ecc 2:23       For all his days are sorrows, and his travail         “   GRIEF     כַּעַס     -     ka‛as    “
Ecc 7:3       Sorrow is better than laughter: for by the sadness of the countenance the heart is made better
Ecc 11:10      Therefore remove     “  SORROW     כַּעַס     -     ka‛as    “        from thy heart

Psa 112:10  The wicked shall see it, and be     “  GREIVED     כַּעַס     -     ka‛as

All  of these  words   -     anguish,   -   affliction   -  distress   -   tribulation    -    trouble  grief  
All  of  these  words  can  easily  be  results  of   PROVICATION   and  a  result  of  being   PROVOKED  
But the scriptures  clearly are not saying that  Hanna  was  “     PROVOKED   “     by  the second  wife  acting  as  an  ADVASARY

1Sa 1:4  And when the time was that Elkanah offered, he gave to Peninnah his wife, and to all her sons and her daughters, portions: 
 :5  But UNTO  HANNAH  HE  GAVE  A  WORTHY  PORTION;  for  HE   LOVED   HANNAH:      -     but the LORD had shut up her womb. 
But we find   that  her husband  deeply and lovingly  loved her and  has  a  loving relationship  and that after the prophecy and she conceives shortly thereafter

1Sa 1:26  And she said, Oh my lord, as thy soul liveth, my lord, I am the woman that stood by thee here, praying unto the LORD. 
 :27  For this child I prayed; and the LORD hath given me my petition which I asked of.
Hannah goes home continuing to live to live a happy live in the Lord  -   a life of a polygamous Godly  wife who bears a son who is the Prophet Of  God    Samuel, born out of polygamous  Godly  marriage.

The translations interject and just out of the blue  -  out of nowhere invent a  characterization  and  portrait,   painting    the   second  wife as  a  horrible evil  enemy  and  tormenter as  a  second  wife  who was   Her  ADVERSARY,    Her    Opponent,,  Her    Challenger,,   Her    Antagonist,,    Her    Rival   and   Her    Persecutor     “
 Attempting  to  invent and insert  an  imaginary  boogie  -  woman  in  the  background   DEEP  IN  THE  SHADOWS    -      the other wife of the husband,    by altering and completely changing the passage.      Hannah was being antagonized, tormented and persecuted because another  woman  / wife  and  her  children      {  HER  adversary }     had received more possessions and property than Hannah had received.    Hannah is filled with jealousy, hatred, anger, rage and  bitterness  /  resentment :  
  that she is enraged and infuriated to the point of starving herself to death because her husband is an evil polygamous who only cares about his other wife.  But the message of the original message is absolutely nothing like the translation portrays
1Sa 1:20      after Hannah had conceived, that she bare a son, and called his name Samuel, saying,                                                    BECAUSE   I  HAVE  ASKED HIM  OF  THE  LORD. 

:26     I  AM  THE  WOMAN  THAT  STOOD  BY  THEE  HERE,   PRAYING  UNTO  THE  LORD. 
 :27         FOR  THIS  CHILD  I  PRAYED;   AND  THE  LORD  HATH  GIVEN  ME  MY  PETITION  WHICH  I  ASKED  OF  HIM: 

Verse    -     :6    
AND  HER  ANGER  HER  ANGUISH,  AFFLICTION  DISTRESS  GRIEF   SORROW   BECAUSE  SHE  TROUBLED  SINCE  THAT  SHUT  YAHWHEA   FOR   HER   WOMB

Verse    -     :7    
AND  SO  SHE  DID  YEAR  BY   YEAR   TOO  MUCH  RISE   UP   IN   THE  HOUSE  OF   YAHWHEA                                                         SO   GRIEVOUS   SORROW  WEEPING  AND  NOT  DID  EAT

The manuscripts say absolutely nothing about  an  imaginary  boogie  woman  in the  shadows  or the background  acting  as a second  wife  in  a  polygamous  marriage  who  is   antagonizing and provoking Hanna  -  this is inserted and added into the translation by altering and changing the original message of the manuscript.

:5  But unto Hannah he gave a worthy portion; for he loved Hannah: but the LORD had shut up her womb. 

This is nothing but more  anti  - polygamy  propaganda  that  is  found  inserted,  interwoven,  interjected and  weaved  through the entirety of the translations  that do not reflect the original message of the manuscripts by changing and altering the original manuscript message.
WHAT  THE  TRANSLATIONS  ATTEMPT  TO  INTERJECT  IS  THAT  -     WE ARE SUPPOSED TO PRETEND AND WISH AND IMAGINE AND PLAY  THE  NARRATIVE  THAT  GOD  FROWNS  AND  WINKS  AND   “    SECRETLY   “   SCOWLS AND   -   FLASHES  HINTS  AND  BLURRY   CUE  CARDS   AND    “    VAGUE SUGGESTIONS   “   AND   FUZZY  NEGATIVE _  TIP –  OFFS  _      ABOUT  IT  -   
THIS IS WHAT THE  TRANSLATORS  IMPOSE AND INJECT INTO THE TRANSLATIONS AS THEY  COMPLETELY  MODIFY  AND  CHANGE  THE  PASSAGES  FROM  WHAT  THE  ORIGINAL  SAYS.  __
There simply  are  no  manuscripts  for this  faith  system,  that  interject      IMAGINATIVE    FROWNS  AND  WINKS  AND   “    SECRET  “   SCOWLS AND   -   FLASHES  HINTS  AND  BLURRY   CUE  CARDS   AND    “    VAGUE SUGGESTIONS   “   AND   FUZZY  NEGATIVE _  TIP –  OFFS  _      ABOUT  A  NARRATIVE  THAT
ARE   COMPLETELY   OUT   OF   CONTEXT    -   in fact  the  opposite  exists  throughout  the  manuscripts  in   a  Pro  Polygamy  manuscripts  message  and  consistency  and   conformity  in  every  possible  way  -                                        in the original manuscript    - the  translation  always  deviates  away  from  the  manuscripts  original  message …

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  8
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

we direct you 

https://electxrextheelectriclion.nfshost.com/

Edited by hand of blessing