• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  27
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,738
  • Content Per Day:  2.44
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

Whether you can or cannot lose your salvation is kind of irrelevant. As theres no practical application.

Because someone else's heart is between them and God, if they once claimed Christ and don't know, how they got there and whether they're saved or not doesn't matter, and the answer is the same no matter what, pray for them, witness to them etc.

As far as how do you know your saved...your works will show your faith. If you truly are a follower of Christ your actions will show it.

No, your works don't save you. But they are a natural byproduct of faith. That doesn't mean you don't still sin, but sin should bother you more and more the closer you come to Jesus, and doing good and witnessing should become easier and easier every day.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 1
  • Thanks 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  2,249
  • Content Per Day:  1.88
  • Days Won:  20

Great question @backontrack and of course you will get a different response from every single person.

Jesus spoke about those who blaspheme the Holy Spirit in Mark 3:28-29 and that those who do this will not be forgiven and are in danger of eternal damnation. He goes on to say that person has an unclean spirit. Blaspheme means to speak evil about.  I believe that if one denies the power of the Holy Spirit and turns away from the Holy Spirit they also denying the Father and Son.  That person is turning their back on all God has done in their lives.  They no longer believe God the Spirit lives in them and deny him.  I have no idea if you can deny, come back, deny, come back, and so on.  Born again believers know the Spirit is inside of them, guiding, leading, teaching and comforting so to deny him after he has lived with them is pretty bad.  Kind of like being unfaithful in a marriage but there can be reconciliation and forgiveness in that instance.  Jesus says the one who blasphemes the Spirit is "in danger of eternal damnation".  He does not say that person is damned forever, so I like to think he knows the heart of the fool who speak evil and denies then comes back repentant.  He is God so I never put him in a box of my thinking.  He can and will do as he pleases in everything no matter what I think.

The Holy Spirit is breathed by the Father into us when we knowingly accept Jesus as our savior and are baptized into the kingdom of God as his children.  The Holy Spirit is God in us and He works in us and through us on this planet. He is as much God as the Father and the Son so by speaking evil about Him is speaking evil against them also. Wishy-washy Christians are a real mess and the Lord has a hard time using them for saving lost souls which is what we are transformed to do on earth. 

Basically, my answer your question is, "Only God knows if a person can lose their salvation" and he also knows the truth inside the heart of each and every one of us.  He knows how foolish we are.  He knows how bad we are.  He knows how selfish we are. He knows our every thought.  He knows whether we deserve salvation and be able to receive this gift worthily.  He knows if we should be cut down and thrown into the fire. He knows if we will be saved for all eternity.  Sorry, I have no cut and dried answer.

• Interesting! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Content Count:  6,985
  • Content Per Day:  12.25
  • Days Won:  31

3 minutes ago, debrakay said:

Great question @backontrack and of course you will get a different response from every single person.

Jesus spoke about those who blaspheme the Holy Spirit in Mark 3:28-29 and that those who do this will not be forgiven and are in danger of eternal damnation. He goes on to say that person has an unclean spirit. Blaspheme means to speak evil about.  I believe that if one denies the power of the Holy Spirit and turns away from the Holy Spirit they also denying the Father and Son.  That person is turning their back on all God has done in their lives.  They no longer believe God the Spirit lives in them and deny him.  I have no idea if you can deny, come back, deny, come back, and so on.  Born again believers know the Spirit is inside of them, guiding, leading, teaching and comforting so to deny him after he has lived with them is pretty bad.  Kind of like being unfaithful in a marriage but there can be reconciliation and forgiveness in that instance.  Jesus says the one who blasphemes the Spirit is "in danger of eternal damnation".  He does not say that person is damned forever, so I like to think he knows the heart of the fool who speak evil and denies then comes back repentant.  He is God so I never put him in a box of my thinking.  He can and will do as he pleases in everything no matter what I think.

The Holy Spirit is breathed by the Father into us when we knowingly accept Jesus as our savior and are baptized into the kingdom of God as his children.  The Holy Spirit is God in us and He works in us and through us on this planet. He is as much God as the Father and the Son so by speaking evil about Him is speaking evil against them also. Wishy-washy Christians are a real mess and the Lord has a hard time using them for saving lost souls which is what we are transformed to do on earth. 

Basically, my answer your question is, "Only God knows if a person can lose their salvation" and he also knows the truth inside the heart of each and every one of us.  He knows how foolish we are.  He knows how bad we are.  He knows how selfish we are. He knows our every thought.  He knows whether we deserve salvation and be able to receive this gift worthily.  He knows if we should be cut down and thrown into the fire. He knows if we will be saved for all eternity.  Sorry, I have no cut and dried answer.

Hi @debrakay For the true believer, Romans 8 and John's First Epistle have some very assuring verses indeed.

Also, Philippians 1.6 is very heartening: "He that hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ".

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Thanks 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  302
  • Content Per Day:  0.45
  • Days Won:  0

2 hours ago, FreeGrace said:

Please see my previous post about the issue.  No one is caused to believe by prayer.  God doesn't work that way.  And no verse says it.

From an objective point of view it is not possible to see into another persons mind to establish if they are saved or not. Fruits are a different matter.  But if someone says God saved them you aren't in a position to claim otherwise and you don't get to tell God how to perform His salvation.  There are an untold number of testimonies out there that have people saying God saved them when they had no interest in God or the Bible etc.  I'm sure you would be happy to extend charity to them just like they would to you and not question your salvation just because you did it in a Gospel ABC manner.  Otherwise, I'm afraid you are engaging in occultic telepathic psychic powers.

• Interesting! 1

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,301
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

20 hours ago, backontrack said:

What constitutes salvation and how do you know you are saved, some say once saved always saved, some say you can lose ones salvation and

some say there is no such thing as salvation and no hell and no life after death.

Faith, in the Word. Belief.  No works. (salvation faith)

Faith comes by hearing, the Word.
The Word is God, from the beginning.

As a believer I will be conformed to the image of God, by God.
God's job, in me.

I can lose my salvation if it was up to me. But it ain't, praise God..

Do you have the desire to tell others the good (eternal) news you have received from some other faithful believer sharing the gospel. Sharing your heart's change is evidence of a new man/woman/mind. The gospel reveals you are lost, a sinner, before you can ever realize you need to be saved, or tell others.

"I am not ashamed: for I know whom I have believed, and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I have committed unto him against that day"

1858200-Charles-H-Spurgeon-Quote-Have-you-no-wish-for-others-to-be-saved.jpg.f1f04b87d43d632f9541cf33324c5c1f.jpg

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Brilliant! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,076
  • Content Per Day:  0.62
  • Birthday:  07/07/1955

SALAVATION  ---  GODS  WAY 

1 CORINTHIANS 15:34  awake to righteousness and sin not  for some have not the knowledge of  GOD  I speak this to your shame 

PSALM 119:155  SALVATION   is far from the wicked for they seek not thy statutes 

COLOSSIANS 1:21  and you that were sometime alienated and enemies in your mind by wicked works yet now hath  HE  reconciled 

--1:22-- in the body of  HIS  flesh  through death to present you holy and unblameable and unreproveable in  HIS  sight 

--1:23--   IF  YOU   --CONTINUE--  in the faith grounded and settled and be not moved away  --  from the hope of the gospel  --  which you have heard and which was preached to every creature which is under heaven whereof I paul am made a minister

2 PETER 2:22  but it is happened unto them according to the true proverb -- the dog is returned to his own vomit  --  and the sow  -- THAT  WAS  WASHED  -- TO  HER  WALLOWING  IN  THE  MUD

LOVING  THE  LORD  JESUS  CHRIST

• Thanks 1

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  745
  • Topics Per Day:  1.26
  • Content Count:  3,922
  • Content Per Day:  6.64
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  02/18/1956

20 hours ago, backontrack said:

What constitutes salvation and how do you know you are saved, some say once saved always saved, some say you can lose ones salvation and

some say there is no such thing as salvation and no hell and no life after death.

The evidence of salvation is in the condition of the heart TODAY.

Hebrews 3:

12 Beware, brethren, lest there be in any of you an evil

heart of unbelief in departing from the living God; 

13 but exhort one another daily, while it is called Today,

lest any of you be hardened by the deceitfulness of sin. 

14 For we have become partakers of Christ if we hold fast

the beginning of our confidence to the end

(Matthew 24:13 But he who endures to the end shall be saved.)

15 while it is said:

Today, if you will hear His voice,
Do not harden your hearts as in the rebellion.

Whose voice is directing your thoughts and actions TODAY?

Matthew 6:34 Take therefore no thought for the morrow:

for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself.

Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.

• Thanks 1

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  976
  • Topics Per Day:  0.36
  • Content Count:  13,933
  • Content Per Day:  5.08
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

One is saved when they are born anew via the specific call from the Holy Spirit to the individual saved by God, enabling the individual's  heart (And mind) to be changed, turned about from sin against God to worship of Him in the name of Yeshua,  as made possible by the Holy Spirit.

Man does not save himself from God's just wrath, it is of God alone and His mercy from everlasting to everlasting. He saves whom He will when He wills in the manner He wills, all foreknown and predestined. And no that does not make the individual saved a robot, not at all.

why it is said that some even have been struck dumb and blind while walking down the road during a mission to rail against God's son, and were turned about

I know another that had no interest whatsoever in God and was turned about by an angel before they could end their own life. All happening because of God's faithfulness to answer prayer of those that believe on his Son as their Lord. No matter how long it may take to see it,  He remembers, He has already answered, and it will be done, for it already has been set. It was always to be.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  4,641
  • Content Per Day:  7.99

2 hours ago, Mr. M said:

Of course the individual is accountable and ultimately responsible, but when a friend or loved one has hardened their heart against the Gospel, no amount of reasoning, guilt, shame or fear of torment will change that. We pray to the only One who can change a heart to receive the conviction of the Holy Spirit. Prayer is the only remedy we can call upon on behalf of another and is essential for their change of heart because:

Proverbs 16:1 The preparations of the heart in man, and the answer of the tongue, is from the Lord.

[H4633] maarak=preparation, arrangement, disposition

Again, praying will not cause anyone to believe.  Because belief comes from the heart (Rom 10:10) and God does not force anyone to believe.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  4,641
  • Content Per Day:  7.99

1 hour ago, Dave-regenerated said:

From an objective point of view it is not possible to see into another persons mind to establish if they are saved or not. Fruits are a different matter.  But if someone says God saved them you aren't in a position to claim otherwise and you don't get to tell God how to perform His salvation.

I know EXACTLY what the Bible says about how to GET SAVED.  Paul's answer to the jailer gives the straight answer.  Acts 16:31

1 hour ago, Dave-regenerated said:

There are an untold number of testimonies out there that have people saying God saved them when they had no interest in God or the Bible etc.  I'm sure you would be happy to extend charity to them just like they would to you and not question your salvation just because you did it in a Gospel ABC manner.  Otherwise, I'm afraid you are engaging in occultic telepathic psychic powers.

One's testimony doesn't trump what Scripture says.  Many of the testimonies you note are driven by emotions, and not facts.

The ONLY WAY to determine is one is saved is by alignment with the Bible.  If it aligns, then we can know they ARE saved.  But if the testimony doesn't align with the Bible, either they have forgotten what they had done if long ago, or they never did what the Bible SAYS one MUST DO.  Acts 16:30,31