• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  743
  • Topics Per Day:  1.33
  • Content Count:  3,893
  • Content Per Day:  6.95
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  02/18/1956

21 minutes ago, Marilyn C said:

I am part of the `new man,` no male or female, but like Christ, (new man).

But then I think you may be the `gentle maid` if you see yourself as the `bride.` 

Mmmmmm

2 Co 11:2 For I am jealous for you with godly jealousy.

For I have betrothed you to one husband, that I may

present you as a chaste virgin to Christ. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  203
  • Topics Per Day:  0.36
  • Content Count:  3,476
  • Content Per Day:  6.17
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  04/01/2024

36 minutes ago, Marilyn C said:

I am part of the `new man,` no male or female, but like Christ, (new man).

But then I think you may be the `gentle maid` if you see yourself as the `bride.` 

Mmmmmm

14 minutes ago, Mr. M said:

Oh boy, does this ever have the potential to blow-up this thread's topic!!:blow-up:

Marilyn - is there a separate thread on this topic already out there?  If not, are you open to starting one? (and if you do, please tag me so I can participate)

• Haha 1

• Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  267
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,226
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

35 minutes ago, Mr. M said:

The apostle Paul is saying that to HIS disciples. He says he wants to present them to the Lord, pure. 

However, it is NOT Paul who will present US to the Lord but the Lord Himself.

`Now to Him who is able to keep you from falling and PRESENT YOU faultless before the presence of His glory with exceeding joy...` (Jude 24)

26 minutes ago, Vine Abider said:

Oh boy, does this ever have the potential to blow-up this thread's topic!!:blow-up:

Marilyn - is there a separate thread on this topic already out there?  If not, are you open to starting one? (and if you do, please tag me so I can participate)

Hi VA,

Which topic - the `bride in a bloody battle,` as Ad Hoc is suggesting? or the `bride` as who, what, when, where?

I did not want to get this topic off course but just reply to Ad Hoc`s errors.

1 hour ago, Vine Abider said:

Exactly! I read a book once that explored the "what if" of Adam not sinning.  But as I recall, the author (DeVern Fromke - heard of him?) demonstrated that in the way it happened, that this would show the depths of God's love in the redemptive work of Christ. So therefore it needed to happen.  (Can we perhaps say it was intended to happen? the answer is above my pay grade)

And, of course, there's that mysterious verse in Rev 13:8, "The Lamb having been slain from the foundation of the world."  Will we ever fully wrap our minds around that!?!?

Back on track. I see that God in His omniscience knew that man would sin, for the moral character is developed by experiences of choices. eg, faithfulness is obviously over time and subject to temptations.

God also knew that before He created man in His image, that He, God would have to undergird man`s sin. Thus, it was a forgone conclusion that God would have to become man and be the sacrifice to pay for mankind`s sin. 

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  203
  • Topics Per Day:  0.36
  • Content Count:  3,476
  • Content Per Day:  6.17
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  04/01/2024

24 minutes ago, Marilyn C said:

Hi VA,

Which topic - the `bride in a bloody battle,` as Ad Hoc is suggesting? or the `bride` as who, what, when, where?

I did not want to get this topic off course but just reply to Ad Hoc`s errors.

Ha!  You choose (if you are so inclined). I'd like to see some back & forth on this topic with you and @AdHoc included!

53 minutes ago, Vine Abider said:

Ha!  You choose (if you are so inclined). I'd like to see some back & forth on this topic with you and @AdHoc included!

As Ad Hoc brought up the `bloody battle` we are supposed to fight, perhaps he can start a thread and elaborate. 

I`m off to a friend`s place for a couple of days, but may start something after that.

Thanks for asking.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  958
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,677
  • Content Per Day:  5.04
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

12 hours ago, AdHoc said:

I sometimes waste a few moments to think what it would have been if Adam had not eaten from that Tree. There would have been dominion without redemption. But the thought is academic. As I said in a previous post. Christ on Golgotha is the single most wondrous act ever recorded. It displayed God at His best, displayed how immovable the councils of God are and the boundless love of Jesus for His Father. It displayed a whole list of superlatives.

Hi, Do you also wonder ( I do) why  did not Satan entice  Eve to eat of the tree of life first?

Just think what  partaking first of that tree's fruit (Eternal Life) then of the other tree's fruit (Knowledge) would have done to change the course of history, past present and future.  To lose innocence, embrace evil which could not be done in a state of innocence, while also gaining eternity in the flesh, wow what a nightmare.

Seems that would have foiled God in a way that would be a very different challenge to Him then has occurred through eating of knowledge of good an evil. So to me it seems Satan's plan was not to have man to rule over, but was/is instead to abuse God through acts of revenge.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  958
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,677
  • Content Per Day:  5.04
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

12 hours ago, Vine Abider said:

And, of course, there's that mysterious verse in Rev 13:8, "The Lamb having been slain from the foundation of the world."  Will we ever fully wrap our minds around that!?!?

Romans 8:28 -30 covers it sufficiently for me. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  244
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  7,005
  • Content Per Day:  3.28
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

8 minutes ago, Neighbor said:

Hi, Do you also wonder ( I do) why  did not Satan entice  Eve to eat of the tree of life first?

That wouldn't have been contrary to God's Will at that point as Adam was not given a prohibition on he and Eve eating from it.

Satan's pride, and its jealous offshoot, was only interested in getting Adam and Eve to disobey God, thereby destroying the perfect relationship they had with their Creator, which Satan, as Lucifer began to envy. 

Eze 28:13-15  You were in Eden, the garden of God; Every precious stone was your covering: The sardius, topaz, and diamond, Beryl, onyx, and jasper, Sapphire, turquoise, and emerald with gold. The workmanship of your timbrels and pipes Was prepared for you on the day you were created.  (14)  "You were the anointed cherub who covers; I established you; You were on the holy mountain of God; You walked back and forth in the midst of fiery stones.  (15)  You were perfect in your ways from the day you were created, Till iniquity was found in you.

• Interesting! 1