• Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,405
  • Content Per Day:  0.91
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  05/14/1951

11 hours ago, tatwo said:

abcdef...

One should be confident in their belief...you "appear" to be. As I have said before...we are all entitled to determining our own beliefs...I "believe" that I will no longer go around and around with you on this subject from this point forward. Some of this has been good...however it has now become the folly of children.

Tatwo...:) 

I had a good discussion with you. I don't think that it was unproductive.

I thought that we were just getting to the good parts after stating our positions.

Just remember this, that when you see Jerusalem falling to the 6th trumpet forces that are presently coming across the Euphrates River, that you are witnessing the end of the story of the 2 witnesses and that the resur/rapt is about to happen. 

May God bless you my brother.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  646
  • Content Per Day:  0.71

23 minutes ago, abcdef said:

May God bless you my brother.

Thank you abcdef...the same back to you bro.

Tatwo...:)

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  153
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  5,881
  • Content Per Day:  2.43
  • Days Won:  1

It is presently raining in Lebanon,syria,turkey,Jordan, Iraq and Iran

These have power to shut heaven, that it rain not in the days of their prophecy: and have power over waters to turn them to blood, and to smite the earth with all plagues, as often as they will.

• Group:  Diamond Member

5 hours ago, Shilohsfoal said:

It is presently raining in Lebanon,syria,turkey,Jordan, Iraq and Iran.

Yes, it still rains in those nations.

But you are thinking of material rain and not thinking of what the symbolism of the rain is.

What does the rain mean in symbolic terms?

Have you ever heard the song, "There share be showers of blessings"?

To the desert regions rain is life, water from the heavens, the water of life.

--

What are the waters that keep us alive spiritually? The river of Life that flows from the fountain of God? Jer 17:13, Jer 2:13.

Then our rain to keep our spirits alive in our living relationship with God/Jesus is the blessings of the Holy Spirit.

--

We today get the spiritual rain from 2 primary sources, love and the scriptures, just as they have for centuries through time.

The 2 witnesses have the power to show God's love and the scriptures of life or they can withdraw the scriptures of life that point to Jesus' love and eternal life.

Who was given the scriptures and holds to them even to this day? Israel, not 2 people, but the children of Israel, the nation.

----

The abilities of the 2 witnesses are all related to the scriptures and seeking a living relationship with God/Jesus and His love.

The plagues are painful sores on the souls of people for the sin of rejecting the scriptures. There is no relief for their guilt and heartbreak. No escape from their hell on earth. (Also see Rev 16:1-2)

The waters turned to blood shows the corruption of the flow of the river of life from God's throne, the blessings that keeps all creation alive, good and evil. (Also see Rev 16:4-5)

----- 

The 2 witnesses are the children of Israel who hold scriptures, the Law and the Prophets. 

When the children of Israel are diminished and destroyed, then the scriptures, that hold the witness of Jesus and the eternal life living relationship with God are diminished and destroyed.

Satan hates Israel. He wants to destroy Israel, God's eternal love, and the scriptures that show the way, the rain that keeps the soul alive.

That is why he has always wanted to destroy Israel. 

But when people diminish Israel, then they destroy the very gospel that is the relief and spiritual joy that their soul seeks for, needs.

Their wounds and sores from sin and guilt could be healed, but they have set out to destroy the only source of that healing.

5 hours ago, Shilohsfoal said:

These have power to shut heaven, that it rain not in the days of their prophecy: and have power over waters to turn them to blood, and to smite the earth with all plagues, as often as they will.

It does not say, that it does not rain, during the entire time of the 2 witnesses,  it says they they have the power during that time, if they wish to use it.

4 hours ago, abcdef said:

Yes, it still rains in those nations.

But you are thinking of material rain and not thinking of what the symbolism of the rain is.

What does the rain mean in symbolic terms?

Have you ever heard the song, "There share be showers of blessings"?

To the desert regions rain is life, water from the heavens, the water of life.

--

What are the waters that keep us alive spiritually? The river of Life that flows from the fountain of God? Jer 17:13, Jer 2:13.

Then our rain to keep our spirits alive in our living relationship with God/Jesus is the blessings of the Holy Spirit.

--

We today get the spiritual rain from 2 primary sources, love and the scriptures, just as they have for centuries through time.

The 2 witnesses have the power to show God's love and the scriptures of life or they can withdraw the scriptures of life that point to Jesus' love and eternal life.

Who was given the scriptures and holds to them even to this day? Israel, not 2 people, but the children of Israel, the nation.

----

The abilities of the 2 witnesses are all related to the scriptures and seeking a living relationship with God/Jesus and His love.

The plagues are painful sores on the souls of people for the sin of rejecting the scriptures. There is no relief for their guilt and heartbreak. No escape from their hell on earth. (Also see Rev 16:1-2)

The waters turned to blood shows the corruption of the flow of the river of life from God's throne, the blessings that keeps all creation alive, good and evil. (Also see Rev 16:4-5)

----- 

The 2 witnesses are the children of Israel who hold scriptures, the Law and the Prophets. 

When the children of Israel are diminished and destroyed, then the scriptures, that hold the witness of Jesus and the eternal life living relationship with God are diminished and destroyed.

Satan hates Israel. He wants to destroy Israel, God's eternal love, and the scriptures that show the way, the rain that keeps the soul alive.

That is why he has always wanted to destroy Israel. 

But when people diminish Israel, then they destroy the very gospel that is the relief and spiritual joy that their soul seeks for, needs.

Their wounds and sores from sin and guilt could be healed, but they have set out to destroy the only source of that healing.

It does not say, that it does not rain, during the entire time of the 2 witnesses,  it says they they have the power during that time, if they wish to use it.

So you say the two witnesses don't have the power to seal up the heavens so that it doesn't rain.That is a direct contradiction of scripture.

As long as it is still raining in the middle east(and it is), the two witnesses have no arrived .

Guest AFlameOfFire
14 hours ago, abcdef said:

I agree with you, it says they have the power to shut heaven if they will to use that power to do so that it rain not in their days.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  350
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  7,554
  • Content Per Day:  2.69

1 hour ago, AFlameOfFire said:

I agree with you, it says they have the power to shut heaven if they will to use that power to do so that it rain not in their days.

Lately, I have been mentioning Biblical patterns, precedence, shadows, and types in another thread. The prototype of the patriarch Elijah, how he shut the rain off through God, certainly fits one of the Two Witnesses. Then, we have a couple more thought-provoking things.

As with everything else Biblical, this verse is controversial:

Malachi 4:5 Behold, I will send you Elijah the prophet before the coming of the great and dreadful day of the LORD:

It is controversial because some scholars believe John the Baptist fulfilled Elijah's role. The explanation is too long, so I will skip it, except that John might have been Elijah had Israel accepted their Messiah. But that did not happen.

Who appeared with Jesus at His transfiguration, certainly, there is significance to who was present and what they were discussing. What are the qualifications to be a witness, and of what? I suspect the Law and the Prophets. Grace will not be preached in the Tribulation; it is the kingdom of Heaven preached.

I will not pin the tail on the donkey I suspect might be the Two Witnesses. But I highly suspect Elijah could be one of them. Since they are not named, there is a reason scripture omits it.

It is an interesting topic of discussion.

It's not that hard to stop it from raining in the middle east these days and fire can come out of quite a few peoples mouths to devour their enemies.

It's not uncommon.

I just had a conversation last night with someone about these witnesses who come in Jesus name.Jesus spoke of them in the gospel.

Guest AFlameOfFire
26 minutes ago, Dennis1209 said:

Lately, I have been mentioning Biblical patterns, precedence, shadows, and types in another thread. The prototype of the patriarch Elijah, how he shut the rain off through God, certainly fits one of the Two Witnesses. Then, we have a couple more thought-provoking things.

As with everything else Biblical, this verse is controversial:

Malachi 4:5 Behold, I will send you Elijah the prophet before the coming of the great and dreadful day of the LORD:

It is controversial because some scholars believe John the Baptist fulfilled Elijah's role. The explanation is too long, so I will skip it, except that John might have been Elijah had Israel accepted their Messiah. But that did not happen.

Who appeared with Jesus at His transfiguration, certainly, there is significance to who was present and what they were discussing. What are the qualifications to be a witness, and of what? I suspect the Law and the Prophets. Grace will not be preached in the Tribulation; it is the kingdom of Heaven preached.

I will not pin the tail on the donkey I suspect might be the Two Witnesses. But I highly suspect Elijah could be one of them. Since they are not named, there is a reason scripture omits it.

It is an interesting topic of discussion.

I have seen many discussions between them, they are show as two men/prophets and according to their own law Jesus says

John 8:7 It is also written in your law, that the testimony of two men is true.

Then the two that I believe represent the law and the prophets

Luke 9:30 And, behold, there talked with him two men, which were Moses and Elias

And again here after the Lord ascended shows two standing by them now

Acts 1:10 And while they looked stedfastly toward heaven as he went up, behold, two men stood by them in white apparel.

What do you think James telling those who he is writing to here given the two witness are shown having the power to do this?

James 5:17 Elias was a man subject to like passions as we are, and he prayed earnestly that it might not rain:  and it rained not on the earth by the space of three years and six months.

James 5:18 And he prayed again, and the heaven gave rain, and the earth brought forth her fruit.

That heaven could be shut up by Elias (who was just man) and the power of his prayer.

I know what you mean by too long, because I have piles of things on how it could possibly be understood, all of which will confirm up to a certain point, but not for certain as far as I can prove it out.

And Elisha come after Elijah, and so if you look at John as the Elijah to come 

It quotes

Mal 4:6 And he shall turn the heart of the fathers to the children, and the heart of the children to their fathers

But leaves out

....lest I come and smite the earth with a curse.

And then where Elias (or Elijah) or the power that is always referred to is shown here that smiting the earth is shown behind them here

Rev 11:6 These have power to shut heaven, that it rain not in the days of their prophecy: and have power over waters to turn them  to blood, and to smite the earth with all plagues, as often as they will.

And where two of them might agree on earth, maybe they are awesome prayer partners in these things?:laugh:

• Group:  Diamond Member

18 hours ago, Shilohsfoal said:

So you say the two witnesses don't have the power to seal up the heavens so that it doesn't rain.That is a direct contradiction of scripture.

No, I didn't say that.

I said that, it does not say, that it does not rain for the entire time of the 2 witnesses.

It says that they have to power to stop the rain when they want to.

Just because they have the power to do it, doesn't mean that they will do it.

They will just do it when they want to.

As long as it is still raining in the middle east(and it is), the two witnesses have no arrived .

You said the the 2 witnesses were American generals who were in charge and that their orders to "fire" were the orders to "open fire" on the enemies.

How do the 2 generals stop the rain from falling?