Stewardofthemystery

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  114
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  969
  • Content Per Day:  2.95
  • Days Won:  2

Which brings us to the Lords 2 witnesses in Revelation 11:3 And I will give power unto my two witnesses, and they shall prophesy a thousand two hundred and threescore days, clothed in sackcloth.4 These are the two olive trees, and the two candlesticks standing before the God of the earth.”

Many believe the 2 witnesses, 2 Olive trees, or 2 candlesticks are 2 single individual men like Moses and Elijah. But when you understand the time of 1,260 days to be “symbolic of time,”then perhaps you’ll search it out.

This sign of God’s 2 witnesses prophesying 42 months is also shown in the 42 generations the law and the prophets did prophesy until John; as Jesus also confirmed. I went over this “sign of time” in other studies so I won’t get back into that right now.

But I will give you scriptural proof just who these 2 anointed witnesses of God are, if you can receive it.

Notice in Zechariah 4:3 the “two Olive trees” mentioned feed the Oil to the two candlesticks, which in turn lighten His 7 lamps. 

Zechariah 4:1-6 “And the angel that talked with me came again, and waked me, as a man that is wakened out of his sleep. 2 And said unto me, What seest thou? And I said, I have looked, and behold a candlestick all of gold, with a bowl upon the top of it, and his seven lamps thereon, and seven pipes to the seven lamps, which are upon the top thereof:3 And two olive trees by it, one upon the right side of the bowl, and the other upon the left side thereof.4

So I answered and spake to the angel that talked with me, saying, What are these, my lord?5 Then the angel that talked with me answered and said unto me, Knowest thou not what these be? And I said, No, my lord.

6 Then he answered and spake unto me, saying, This is the word of the Lord unto Zerubbabel, saying, Not by might, nor by power, but by my spirit saith the Lord of hosts.”

The angel answered Zechariahs question in verse 6 as to “who these 2 were,” but Zechariah missed it because he asks the angel again in verse 12; 

Zechariah 4:12And I answered again, and said unto him, What be these two olive branches which through the two golden pipes empty the golden oil out of themselves?

And the angel once again tells him these are the “two anointed ones” that stand by the Lord of the whole earth.

And these 2 anointed ones are God’s Word and Spirit, ( mentioned in verse 6) which feed the Oil (Spirit) to the 7 lamps.

But let’s take this mystery step by step …

First notice the two olive tree branches feed the oil to the 7 pipes, which in turn light the 7 lamps. (Zech 4:2)

Then notice in Zech 4:10 the angel tells Zechariah that those 7 lamps are the 7 eyes of the Lord.

Zechariah 4:10 “For who hath despised the day of small things? for they shall rejoice, and shall see the plummet in the hand of Zerubbabel with those seven; they are the eyes of the Lord, which run to and fro through the whole earth.”

Now before I go any further let me say this for sure, there is no literal flesh and blood man, or men who are in control of, or even feed the Oil (Holy Spirit) to the 7 eyes of the Lord. 

Notice here the 7 lamps are shown as the 7 spirits of God (7 eyes of the Lord)

Revelation 4:5 And out of the throne proceeded lightnings and thunderings and voices: and there were seven lamps of fire burning before the throne, which are the seven Spirits of God.

Now here again we are shown the 7 eyes (same as the 7 lamps, which are the 7 spirits of God)

Zechariah 3:9 “For behold the stone that I have laid before Joshua; upon one stone shall be seven eyes: behold, I will engrave the graving thereof, saith the LORD of hosts, and I will remove the iniquity of that land in one day.”

And again we see the angel talking about those 7 lamps (7 eyes / 7 spirits of God) whom the 2 anointed feed the Oil (Spirit) into.

Zechariah 4:10 “For who hath despised the day of small things? for they shall rejoice, and shall see the plummet in the hand of Zerubbabel with those seven; they are the eyes of the LORD, which run to and fro through the whole earth.”

And then finally we see the One stone (Precious Stone/Rock) on which those 7 eyes (7 spirits of God) would be inRevelation 5:6 

“And I beheld, and, lo, in the midst of the throne and of the four beasts, and in the midst of the elders, stood a Lamb as it had been slain, having seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven Spirits of God sent forth into all the earth.”

So you see it is the Lord's Word and Spirit (2 anointed ones) that feed the oil to lighten the 7 lamps ( 7 eyes / 7 spirits of God).

And so who bears witness in heaven? The Father, the Word, and the Holy Spirit. And here we see the One stone that would bear witness of Himself (Word) along with the Fathers (Spirit) who would also bear witness of Him.

John 8:18 “I am one that bear witness of myself, and the Father that sent me beareth witness of me.” 

And those who are born of Him also have this same witness dwelling in themselves. 

1 John 5:10 “He that believeth on the Son of God hath “the witness in himself:”

Jesus Christ is the true and faithful witness that dwells “in”all his anointed saints, and that is how the Father speaks His words to the world, by Christ dwelling in His saints; or God’s Word and Spirit “in”us. (2 witnesses are in us)

We see this in Isaiah 59:21 “As for me, this is my covenant with them, saith the Lord; My spirit that is upon thee, and my words which I have put in thy mouth, shall not depart out of thy mouth, nor out of the mouth of thy seed, nor out of the mouth of thy seed's seed, saith the Lord, from henceforth and for ever.”

These are those who have the testimony of Jesus Christ “in” them, for the testimony of Jesus Christ is the Spirit of prophecy.

God said in Isaiah 8:16 that He would bind up the Testimony and seal the law in His disciples. This is like the sign of the law and prophets that prophesied for 42 generations leading up to Jesus Christ. 

And the sign of the 2 witnesses being killed, is the sign of the saints who have the Lords 2 witnesses dwelling “in them” being killed. 

To be continued...

• Thumbs Up 2

Now, let’s move on to other questions that may arise about the 2 witnesses, such as verse 5….

Revelation 11:5 “And if any man will hurt them, fire proceedeth out of their mouth, and devoureth their enemies: and if any man will hurt them, he must in this manner be killed.” 

The answer to this mystery is shown inJeremiah 5:14 “Wherefore thus saith the Lord God of hosts, Because ye speak this word, behold, I will make my words in thy mouth fire, and this people wood, and it shall devour them.”

In Revelation 11:6 we read “These have power to shut heaven, that it rain not in the days of their prophecy: and have power over waters to turn them to blood, and to smite the earth with all plagues, as often as they will.” 

We know men, “by God’s power” have done such things in the scriptures, but there again, only God can do these things by way of His Word and Spirit working “in” those men. Like Jesus said, it is the Father who does the works.

We see in Revelation 11:7 “And when they shall have finished their testimony, the beast that ascendeth out of the bottomless pit shall make war against them, and shall overcome them, and kill them.” (he kills the saints)

We see this same language used here inRevelation 12:17 “And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ.” 

The woman represents the spiritual Israel of God, or the spiritual seed of Christ, (Body of Christ) which is made up of many members (saints). Also notice that verse says they “have the testimony of Jesus Christ” so they have the Lords witness “in” themselves.

Also in Revelation 11:7 we are told the beast would overcome them, and kill them, which is also shown in scripture.

Revelation 13:7 “And it was given unto him to make war with the saints, and to overcome them: and power was given him over all kindreds, and tongues, and nations. 

This killing of the saints was also shown in Daniel 7:21”

I beheld, and the same horn made war with the saints, and prevailed against them;” And also here in Daniel 8:24 “And his power shall be mighty, but not by his own power: and he shall destroy wonderfully, and shall prosper, and practise, and shall destroy the mighty and the holy people.”

And then also in Revelation 11:8 we read “And their dead bodies shall lie in the street of the great city, which spiritually is called Sodom and Egypt, where also our Lord was crucified.” 

This verse may be harder for people to grasp, but we know thus far we are talking about a group of people (saints being killed), and we are also talking about a “spiritual place” called Sodom and Egypt.

As we know the Lord was not crucified literally in Sodom or Egypt; but this is also symbolic. Spiritually speaking, the Lord compared Jerusalem and it’s people to Sodom in Isaiah 1:10, and also in Jeremiah 23:14. 

So let’s confirm by scripture the Lords people (saints) as being killed, and their bodies as lying in the streets.

Isaiah 51:23 “But I will put it into the hand of them that afflict thee; which have said to thy soul, Bow down, that we may go over: and thou hast laid thy body as the ground, and as the street, to them that went over.”

Same wording here in Psalm 79:2-3 2The dead bodies of thy servants have they given to be meat unto the fowls of the heaven, the flesh of thy saints unto the beasts of the earth.3 Their blood have they shed like water round about Jerusalem; and there was none to bury them.” 

And that is the same wording we see in Revelation 11:9 “and shall not suffer their dead bodies to be put in graves”

Just as Christ was crucified for the sins of the world, and we also with Him are “crucified to the world”. 

Galatians 6:14“But God forbid that I should glory, save in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom the world is crucified unto me, and I unto the world.” So spiritually speaking we are also “dead to the world”.

Back in Revelation 11:9 we read “And they of the people and kindreds and tongues and nations shall see their dead bodies three days and an half,…”

This is also hard for some to grasp, but to the world we are already dead, because we do not “live” after the lusts of the flesh like them.

Just as we are told in Romans 8:13“For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do put to death the deeds of the body, ye shall live.” So again, spiritually speaking we are “dead” to the world.

This sign of time 3 days and a half was also shown in Hosea 6:2 “After two days will he revive us: in the third day he will raise us up, and we shall live in his sight.” 

So again Hosea was not talking about a literal 3 days and a half, or else that prophecy would have been fulfilled 3 and a half days after Hosea uttered those words. Again the language is very symbolic and must be discerned by the Spirit.

In Revelation 11:10 “And they that dwell upon the earth shall rejoice over them, and make merry, and shall send gifts one to another; because these two prophets tormented them that dwelt on the earth.

This is the sign of how God’s Word and Spirit (which is Light) torments the children of darkness (seed of evil doers) because it bears witness of their sins. 

Here we see the evil spirits fearing that torment by the Sons (Word of God) presence. Mark 5:7 “And cried with a loud voice, and said, What have I to do with thee, Jesus, thou Son of the most high God? I adjure thee by God, that thou torment me not.”

So that’s why the world would be merry and rejoicing over the removal of those 2 witnesses (law and testimony) in their lives; because those 2 witnesses bear witness to their conscience that sin is evil.

Even in this day and age we are seeing how Gods words and commandments are being removed from public places and in society. The truth is being cast aside to the ground and trampled on like the street, and lawlessness is being embraced by many over that of righteousness.

Jesus told us the world would “rejoice” during this time, but we would be in sorrow.

This trampling under foot God’s Word of Truth is also shown here in Hebrews 10:29 Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden underfoot the Son of God”. 

And in Daniel 8:12 “And an host was given him against the daily sacrifice by reason of transgression, and it cast down the truth to the ground; and it practised, and prospered.” 

“It” in that verse is the spirit of a lie working in many deceivers. “It” is what bruises the head of the serpent and the heads of his seed. But that is for another study.

And so lies were forecast to practice and prosper in this world, and the Truth and God’s people would to be trampled on “like” the streets. This sign also has to do with the wearing out of the saints, and scattering the power of the holy people, as we see below.

Daniel 7:25 “And he shall speak great words against the most High, and shall wear out the saints of the most High, and think to change times and laws: and they shall be given into his hand until a time and times and the dividing of time.”

Daniel 12:7 “And I heard the man clothed in linen, which was upon the waters of the river, when he held up his right hand and his left hand unto heaven, and sware by him that liveth for ever that it shall be for a time, times, and an half; and when he shall have accomplished to scatter the power of the holy people, all these things shall be finished.

This spiritual war against God’s people and against the testimony of Jesus Christ is also shown in the war against the Lamb inRevelation 17:14 “These shall make war with the Lamb, and the Lamb shall overcome them: for he is Lord of lords, and King of kings: and they that are with him are called, and chosen, and faithful.” 

So this is not just talking about a physical war on the saints, but a “spiritual war”that takes place in the hearts and minds of the saints.

Remember our battle is not against flesh and blood, but rather spiritual wickedness.

And then finally in Revelation 11:11-1211 And after three days and an half the spirit of life from God entered into them, and they stood upon their feet; and great fear fell upon them which saw them.12 And they heard a great voice from heaven saying unto them, Come up hither. And they ascended up to heaven in a cloud; and their enemies beheld them.”

This is the sign of the dead in Christ being raised up first. 1 Thessalonians 4:16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:” 

And then notice the wording in the next verse in 1 Thessalonians 4:17 “Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.”

Did you catch that? The same wording in Rev. 11:12 and in 1 Thess. 4:17 is shown in both accounts of being caught up “in the clouds”.

Notice Paul said the dead in Christ shall rise first, and then notice the timing of when the 2 dead witnesses ascended up. It is right before the 7thangel (last trump) sounded in Revelation 11:15.

So I believe this is showing the ressurection of the saints, who have God’s 2 anointed witnesses “in” them; which is God’s Word and Spirit.

Peace and God bless

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  46
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  0

Hello,

I also believe the two witnesses will not be individuals but rather PEOPLE GROUPS...Your article sums it up very well!!

the battle rages til the lion roars!!

Clarence

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  153
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  5,881
  • Content Per Day:  2.47
  • Days Won:  1

It's sad when you can't even except 1260 days as 1260 days.Its like your telling people they can't believe anything the Lord says.Not even a simple number such as 1260 .

Revelation 11

. But exclude the outer court; do not measure it, because it has been given to the Gentiles. They will trample on the holy city for 42 months. And I will appoint my two witnesses, and they will prophesy for 1,260 days, clothed in sackcloth.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,031
  • Content Per Day:  3.33

5 hours ago, Stewardofthemystery said:

Now, let’s move on to other questions that may arise about the 2 witnesses, such as verse 5….

Revelation 11:5 “And if any man will hurt them, fire proceedeth out of their mouth, and devoureth their enemies: and if any man will hurt them, he must in this manner be killed.” 

The answer to this mystery is shown inJeremiah 5:14 “Wherefore thus saith the Lord God of hosts, Because ye speak this word, behold, I will make my words in thy mouth fire, and this people wood, and it shall devour them.”

In Revelation 11:6 we read “These have power to shut heaven, that it rain not in the days of their prophecy: and have power over waters to turn them to blood, and to smite the earth with all plagues, as often as they will.” 

We know men, “by God’s power” have done such things in the scriptures, but there again, only God can do these things by way of His Word and Spirit working “in” those men. Like Jesus said, it is the Father who does the works.

We see in Revelation 11:7 “And when they shall have finished their testimony, the beast that ascendeth out of the bottomless pit shall make war against them, and shall overcome them, and kill them.” (he kills the saints)

We see this same language used here inRevelation 12:17 “And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ.” 

The woman represents the spiritual Israel of God, or the spiritual seed of Christ, (Body of Christ) which is made up of many members (saints). Also notice that verse says they “have the testimony of Jesus Christ” so they have the Lords witness “in” themselves.

Also in Revelation 11:7 we are told the beast would overcome them, and kill them, which is also shown in scripture.

Revelation 13:7 “And it was given unto him to make war with the saints, and to overcome them: and power was given him over all kindreds, and tongues, and nations. 

This killing of the saints was also shown in Daniel 7:21”

I beheld, and the same horn made war with the saints, and prevailed against them;” And also here in Daniel 8:24 “And his power shall be mighty, but not by his own power: and he shall destroy wonderfully, and shall prosper, and practise, and shall destroy the mighty and the holy people.”

And then also in Revelation 11:8 we read “And their dead bodies shall lie in the street of the great city, which spiritually is called Sodom and Egypt, where also our Lord was crucified.” 

This verse may be harder for people to grasp, but we know thus far we are talking about a group of people (saints being killed), and we are also talking about a “spiritual place” called Sodom and Egypt.

As we know the Lord was not crucified literally in Sodom or Egypt; but this is also symbolic. Spiritually speaking, the Lord compared Jerusalem and it’s people to Sodom in Isaiah 1:10, and also in Jeremiah 23:14. 

So let’s confirm by scripture the Lords people (saints) as being killed, and their bodies as lying in the streets.

Isaiah 51:23 “But I will put it into the hand of them that afflict thee; which have said to thy soul, Bow down, that we may go over: and thou hast laid thy body as the ground, and as the street, to them that went over.”

Same wording here in Psalm 79:2-3 2The dead bodies of thy servants have they given to be meat unto the fowls of the heaven, the flesh of thy saints unto the beasts of the earth.3 Their blood have they shed like water round about Jerusalem; and there was none to bury them.” 

And that is the same wording we see in Revelation 11:9 “and shall not suffer their dead bodies to be put in graves”

Just as Christ was crucified for the sins of the world, and we also with Him are “crucified to the world”. 

Galatians 6:14“But God forbid that I should glory, save in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom the world is crucified unto me, and I unto the world.” So spiritually speaking we are also “dead to the world”.

Back in Revelation 11:9 we read “And they of the people and kindreds and tongues and nations shall see their dead bodies three days and an half,…”

This is also hard for some to grasp, but to the world we are already dead, because we do not “live” after the lusts of the flesh like them.

Just as we are told in Romans 8:13“For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do put to death the deeds of the body, ye shall live.” So again, spiritually speaking we are “dead” to the world.

This sign of time 3 days and a half was also shown in Hosea 6:2 “After two days will he revive us: in the third day he will raise us up, and we shall live in his sight.” 

So again Hosea was not talking about a literal 3 days and a half, or else that prophecy would have been fulfilled 3 and a half days after Hosea uttered those words. Again the language is very symbolic and must be discerned by the Spirit.

In Revelation 11:10 “And they that dwell upon the earth shall rejoice over them, and make merry, and shall send gifts one to another; because these two prophets tormented them that dwelt on the earth.

This is the sign of how God’s Word and Spirit (which is Light) torments the children of darkness (seed of evil doers) because it bears witness of their sins. 

Here we see the evil spirits fearing that torment by the Sons (Word of God) presence. Mark 5:7 “And cried with a loud voice, and said, What have I to do with thee, Jesus, thou Son of the most high God? I adjure thee by God, that thou torment me not.”

So that’s why the world would be merry and rejoicing over the removal of those 2 witnesses (law and testimony) in their lives; because those 2 witnesses bear witness to their conscience that sin is evil.

Even in this day and age we are seeing how Gods words and commandments are being removed from public places and in society. The truth is being cast aside to the ground and trampled on like the street, and lawlessness is being embraced by many over that of righteousness.

Jesus told us the world would “rejoice” during this time, but we would be in sorrow.

This trampling under foot God’s Word of Truth is also shown here in Hebrews 10:29 Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden underfoot the Son of God”. 

And in Daniel 8:12 “And an host was given him against the daily sacrifice by reason of transgression, and it cast down the truth to the ground; and it practised, and prospered.” 

“It” in that verse is the spirit of a lie working in many deceivers. “It” is what bruises the head of the serpent and the heads of his seed. But that is for another study.

And so lies were forecast to practice and prosper in this world, and the Truth and God’s people would to be trampled on “like” the streets. This sign also has to do with the wearing out of the saints, and scattering the power of the holy people, as we see below.

Daniel 7:25 “And he shall speak great words against the most High, and shall wear out the saints of the most High, and think to change times and laws: and they shall be given into his hand until a time and times and the dividing of time.”

Daniel 12:7 “And I heard the man clothed in linen, which was upon the waters of the river, when he held up his right hand and his left hand unto heaven, and sware by him that liveth for ever that it shall be for a time, times, and an half; and when he shall have accomplished to scatter the power of the holy people, all these things shall be finished.

This spiritual war against God’s people and against the testimony of Jesus Christ is also shown in the war against the Lamb inRevelation 17:14 “These shall make war with the Lamb, and the Lamb shall overcome them: for he is Lord of lords, and King of kings: and they that are with him are called, and chosen, and faithful.” 

So this is not just talking about a physical war on the saints, but a “spiritual war”that takes place in the hearts and minds of the saints.

Remember our battle is not against flesh and blood, but rather spiritual wickedness.

And then finally in Revelation 11:11-1211 And after three days and an half the spirit of life from God entered into them, and they stood upon their feet; and great fear fell upon them which saw them.12 And they heard a great voice from heaven saying unto them, Come up hither. And they ascended up to heaven in a cloud; and their enemies beheld them.”

This is the sign of the dead in Christ being raised up first. 1 Thessalonians 4:16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:” 

And then notice the wording in the next verse in 1 Thessalonians 4:17 “Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.”

Did you catch that? The same wording in Rev. 11:12 and in 1 Thess. 4:17 is shown in both accounts of being caught up “in the clouds”.

Notice Paul said the dead in Christ shall rise first, and then notice the timing of when the 2 dead witnesses ascended up. It is right before the 7thangel (last trump) sounded in Revelation 11:15.

So I believe this is showing the ressurection of the saints, who have God’s 2 anointed witnesses “in” them; which is God’s Word and Spirit.

Peace and God bless

2 hours ago, SACREDWARRIOR said:

Hello,

I also believe the two witnesses will not be individuals but rather PEOPLE GROUPS...Your article sums it up very well!!

the battle rages til the lion roars!!

Clarence

5 hours ago, Stewardofthemystery said:

Which brings us to the Lords 2 witnesses in Revelation 11:3 And I will give power unto my two witnesses, and they shall prophesy a thousand two hundred and threescore days, clothed in sackcloth.4 These are the two olive trees, and the two candlesticks standing before the God of the earth.”

Many believe the 2 witnesses, 2 Olive trees, or 2 candlesticks are 2 single individual men like Moses and Elijah. But when you understand the time of 1,260 days to be “symbolic of time,”then perhaps you’ll search it out.

This sign of God’s 2 witnesses prophesying 42 months is also shown in the 42 generations the law and the prophets did prophesy until John; as Jesus also confirmed. I went over this “sign of time” in other studies so I won’t get back into that right now.

But I will give you scriptural proof just who these 2 anointed witnesses of God are, if you can receive it.

Notice in Zechariah 4:3 the “two Olive trees” mentioned feed the Oil to the two candlesticks, which in turn lighten His 7 lamps. 

Zechariah 4:1-6 “And the angel that talked with me came again, and waked me, as a man that is wakened out of his sleep. 2 And said unto me, What seest thou? And I said, I have looked, and behold a candlestick all of gold, with a bowl upon the top of it, and his seven lamps thereon, and seven pipes to the seven lamps, which are upon the top thereof:3 And two olive trees by it, one upon the right side of the bowl, and the other upon the left side thereof.4

So I answered and spake to the angel that talked with me, saying, What are these, my lord?5 Then the angel that talked with me answered and said unto me, Knowest thou not what these be? And I said, No, my lord.

6 Then he answered and spake unto me, saying, This is the word of the Lord unto Zerubbabel, saying, Not by might, nor by power, but by my spirit saith the Lord of hosts.”

The angel answered Zechariahs question in verse 6 as to “who these 2 were,” but Zechariah missed it because he asks the angel again in verse 12; 

Zechariah 4:12And I answered again, and said unto him, What be these two olive branches which through the two golden pipes empty the golden oil out of themselves?

And the angel once again tells him these are the “two anointed ones” that stand by the Lord of the whole earth.

And these 2 anointed ones are God’s Word and Spirit, ( mentioned in verse 6) which feed the Oil (Spirit) to the 7 lamps.

But let’s take this mystery step by step …

First notice the two olive tree branches feed the oil to the 7 pipes, which in turn light the 7 lamps. (Zech 4:2)

Then notice in Zech 4:10 the angel tells Zechariah that those 7 lamps are the 7 eyes of the Lord.

Zechariah 4:10 “For who hath despised the day of small things? for they shall rejoice, and shall see the plummet in the hand of Zerubbabel with those seven; they are the eyes of the Lord, which run to and fro through the whole earth.”

Now before I go any further let me say this for sure, there is no literal flesh and blood man, or men who are in control of, or even feed the Oil (Holy Spirit) to the 7 eyes of the Lord. 

Notice here the 7 lamps are shown as the 7 spirits of God (7 eyes of the Lord)

Revelation 4:5 And out of the throne proceeded lightnings and thunderings and voices: and there were seven lamps of fire burning before the throne, which are the seven Spirits of God.

Now here again we are shown the 7 eyes (same as the 7 lamps, which are the 7 spirits of God)

Zechariah 3:9 “For behold the stone that I have laid before Joshua; upon one stone shall be seven eyes: behold, I will engrave the graving thereof, saith the LORD of hosts, and I will remove the iniquity of that land in one day.”

And again we see the angel talking about those 7 lamps (7 eyes / 7 spirits of God) whom the 2 anointed feed the Oil (Spirit) into.

Zechariah 4:10 “For who hath despised the day of small things? for they shall rejoice, and shall see the plummet in the hand of Zerubbabel with those seven; they are the eyes of the LORD, which run to and fro through the whole earth.”

And then finally we see the One stone (Precious Stone/Rock) on which those 7 eyes (7 spirits of God) would be inRevelation 5:6 

“And I beheld, and, lo, in the midst of the throne and of the four beasts, and in the midst of the elders, stood a Lamb as it had been slain, having seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven Spirits of God sent forth into all the earth.”

So you see it is the Lord's Word and Spirit (2 anointed ones) that feed the oil to lighten the 7 lamps ( 7 eyes / 7 spirits of God).

And so who bears witness in heaven? The Father, the Word, and the Holy Spirit. And here we see the One stone that would bear witness of Himself (Word) along with the Fathers (Spirit) who would also bear witness of Him.

John 8:18 “I am one that bear witness of myself, and the Father that sent me beareth witness of me.” 

And those who are born of Him also have this same witness dwelling in themselves. 

1 John 5:10 “He that believeth on the Son of God hath “the witness in himself:”

Jesus Christ is the true and faithful witness that dwells “in”all his anointed saints, and that is how the Father speaks His words to the world, by Christ dwelling in His saints; or God’s Word and Spirit “in”us. (2 witnesses are in us)

We see this in Isaiah 59:21 “As for me, this is my covenant with them, saith the Lord; My spirit that is upon thee, and my words which I have put in thy mouth, shall not depart out of thy mouth, nor out of the mouth of thy seed, nor out of the mouth of thy seed's seed, saith the Lord, from henceforth and for ever.”

These are those who have the testimony of Jesus Christ “in” them, for the testimony of Jesus Christ is the Spirit of prophecy.

God said in Isaiah 8:16 that He would bind up the Testimony and seal the law in His disciples. This is like the sign of the law and prophets that prophesied for 42 generations leading up to Jesus Christ. 

And the sign of the 2 witnesses being killed, is the sign of the saints who have the Lords 2 witnesses dwelling “in them” being killed. 

To be continued...

To attribute a metaphorical or allegorical meaning to any one's words needs a reason. If is clearly states it, or if the literal meaning creates absurdities, then the allegorical can be considered. But Revelation 11 not only does not produce absurdities, does not indicate that it needs the allegorical, and fit the rest of the book perfectly if taken literally, that any other approach seems to me to be a wilful attempt to change the meaning.

The Book of Revelation is about the "REVEALING" of Jesus and the circumstances surrounding this heavily prophesied event. Jerusalem is the center of attention for the Messiah is prophesied to touch down on Mount Olives. It is also the center because Daniel's predictions put an imposter in the Temple at Jerusalem. This Imposter - the Beast - is both world political and world religious dictator and it is fitting that a WITNESS of a similar event be on hand to warn (i) the world of impending judgment, and (Ii) warn Israel of the consequences of putting a Gentile Caesar into the Holy of Holies. This is especially pertinent when it is discovered that the Greek word for "WITNESS" means somebody who was present when certain things happened. It does NOT mean preaching the gospel .

This fact, and others, require that the Two Witnesses be men who are alive, who have not died yet, but who have seen (i) universal world judgment and (ii) judgment on Israel. Only two men fulfill this recipe. Enoch was WITNESS to the evil which pervaded the whole earth and the prophecy of impending universal judgment, and Enoch never died. This makes him the only candidate who was WITNESS and who will only die once (Heb.9:27). Elijah WITNESSED Israel's idolatry and was taken up alive to heaven. He is the only person who saw Israel's judgment for 1260 days (no rain), stood for God's Covenant and did not die.

Here are some facts to show that everything is literal.
The Beast will reign from the Temple for 42 months
The Beast is empowered by ten Gentile kings. The Outer Court will be the scene of Gentile politics
The Two Witnesses need the protection of fire to survive persecution
The Two Witnesses prophesy - a human endeavor
The Temple will be standing. See 2nd Thessalonians 2
The Beast is real and literal
The Abyss from which the beast comes is a literal place - Hades
Jerusalem is where our Lord was crucified (v.8) is literal Jerusalem

I propose that the LITERAL meaning be adhered to in Revelation 11 to get what God wanted to transmit.

I propose it has a “deeper spiritual meaning” that can only discerned by the Holy Spirit.

1 Corinthians 2:10-11

King James Version

10 But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God.

11 For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God.”

1 hour ago, Shilohsfoal said:

It's sad when you can't even except 1260 days as 1260 days.Its like your telling people they can't believe anything the Lord says.Not even a simple number such as 1260 .

Revelation 11

. But exclude the outer court; do not measure it, because it has been given to the Gentiles. They will trample on the holy city for 42 months. And I will appoint my two witnesses, and they will prophesy for 1,260 days, clothed in sackcloth.

When you come to understand the beginning point of that prophecy, and the end point, then you will come to understand that the time of 42 months cannot possibly be a literal 1,260 days.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  153
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  5,881
  • Content Per Day:  2.47
  • Days Won:  1

18 minutes ago, Stewardofthemystery said:

When you come to understand the beginning point of that prophecy, and the end point, then you will come to understand that the time of 42 months cannot possibly be a literal 1,260 days.

But I understand the literal 1260 days just as it is written.There is no need to make up stories about 1260 days.It is simply 1260 days.

Edited by Shilohsfoal
  • Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, Shilohsfoal said:

But I understand the literal 1260 days just as it is written.There is no need to make up stories about 1260 days.It is simply 1260 days.

Believe what you will.

• 2 months later...

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  179
  • Content Per Day:  0.13

On 6/22/2023 at 1:49 AM, Stewardofthemystery said:

What a good couple of posts, Thank you for the time and effort.

I have a slightly different conclusion and I would like to share with you some of my revelation. To understand Zechariah better we need to start in Revelation. Revelation 11 we are told that the two witnesses are the two lampstands and the two olive trees. I don't know why, but people always overlook this. We are clearly told who the two witnesses are right here. They are the two lampstands and the two olive trees. scripture gives us the answer to this. Revelation 1 we are told the seven churches are the seven lampstands. The word church might not be the best translation here. A group of believers would help us to understand Zechariah better. who are the two olive trees? In Romans 11:17 we are told that gentiles are the wild olive branches and the Jews are the natural branches, again all believers.

On 6/22/2023 at 1:40 AM, Stewardofthemystery said:

I don't think Zechariah missed it. The angel simply did not answer his first question. Notice he actually asks two different questions. Who are the olive trees and he asks who are the olive branches. The angel tells him who the olive branches are, they are the two who are anointed to serve the Lord of all the earth. Lets go back to Romans. We are told, we are the branches and we get our nourishment from the root. In other words God is the trunk and we are the branches. The olive tree is a picture of Gods holy family. His anointed ones surrounding him. All believers Jews and gentiles. I think when we look at the olive tree we see a heavenly picture, because the anointed ones are surrounding God. When we look at the lampstand we see an earthly picture, because we are a light to the world.

The golden pipes coming out of the olive tree represents and endless supply of the Holy spirit going down to the to the lampstand, we are to be the light of the world, but notice, in Zechariah there is only one lampstand, the birth of the church has not happened yet. Look at this. In Zechariah we see the plumb line in Zerubbabel's hand. Here we see the birth of the temple . The start of temple worships, the Law and commandments and when John writes, He is writing just after the destruction of the temple and its now time for the second lampstand to come into picture. the second witness and that is of Jesus Christ. We are Gods witnesses all who believe, we are the two anointed ones, we are the olive branches

On 6/22/2023 at 1:40 AM, Stewardofthemystery said:

So my conclusion is different. I believe we are the two anointed ones and Gods 7 spirits/Holy Spirit is poured into us.

Isaiah gives us what these 7 spirits of the Holy Spirit are in chapter 11. The spirit of the Lord, the spirit of wisdom, the spirit of understanding, the spirit of council, the spirit of power, the spirit knowledge and of fear.

The picture in Zechariah is a wonderful picture of Gods family and his holy spirit being poured out to his people

• Thumbs Up 1