IGNORED

Tattoo Removal ~ ~ Ethics of Tattoo Removal ~ ~ Is it more Painful than Tattoos, And is it something a Christian at heart should Prayerfully Consider ? ? ?

believeinHim

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,236
  • Content Per Day:  0.39
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/10/1947

On 7/13/2023 at 9:18 PM, farouk said:

@NConly I do think that Christians should really be left alone by others to decide whether any of their own tattoos should be removed, right?

Some really conservative folk seem to have a lot of zeal against other ppl's tattoos.

Conservative religious types have just as much zeal as those who mark themselves with skin illustrations. 

You seem to be saying that conservative church types don't have a right to express their opinions.

If so, then neither do you.

that's me, hollering from the choir loft...

• Thanks 1

• 4 months later...

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  6,827
  • Content Per Day:  12.21
  • Days Won:  31

On 7/12/2023 at 6:13 PM, Debp said:

Often the gang members have many, many tattoos.... sometimes covering all of the face and neck.   So for regular employment, it's necessary to remove them.

Hi @Debp I think it's the nature of particular tattoos that can prove to be a hindrance to employment, rather than simply being tattooed, right?

FYI:

..in the rural Bible Belt. Just about every person in three of the four sides of my family (bio parents, step parents) have multiple tattoos. Most of them are biblical (crosses between the shoulder blades are the most common ones) getting tattoos when your old enough is pretty much expected in the family.

source: reddit

(expressed slightly ironically, maybe)

Corgiverse

a job requirement. .. Every single nurse I know w the exception of the older lady who precepted me (but she’s like 60 so she gets a pass ) has tattoos.

reddit dot com

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,033
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,413
  • Content Per Day:  1.80
  • Days Won:  92

28 minutes ago, farouk said:
On 7/12/2023 at 3:13 PM, Debp said:

Often the gang members have many, many tattoos.... sometimes covering all of the face and neck.   So for regular employment, it's necessary to remove them.

Hi @Debp I think it's the nature of particular tattoos that can prove to be a hindrance to employment, rather than simply being tattooed, right?

When I talked about gang members needing to get their tattoos removed in order to find employment:   I mean some gang members tattoo every inch of their face, every half inch.   So how can they find employment unless they remove those tattoos.

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Debp said:

When I talked about gang members needing to get their tattoos removed in order to find employment:   I mean some gang members tattoo every inch of their face, every half inch.   So how can they find employment unless they remove those tattoos.

@Debp Oh indeed if they are facial, then 'in your face' tattoos are indeed 'over the top', right?

You mentioned also, back just a bit:

A former neighbor, a young lady, had all of her arms and all of her legs totally covered with tattoos.    I didn't understand why she would want to totally cover herself but that was her choice.

(Arms and legs can of course be covered.......)

• Thumbs Up 1

Thanks, @Debp, for your 'like'.

Back a bit: "I guess some people can become addicted to getting tattooed."  

The undoubted profusion of tattoos isn't necessarily that one person will have lots of tattoos; instead, it's so often that so many ppl seem just to want to make sure sooner or later that they receive at least a little bit of ink, having likely wanted it for a long time and having given a great deal of thought to it as the mature personal, committed development that it maybe represents.

(Sometimes the desired little bit of ink is faith-based.)

FYI:

Heather A. said:

I waited 5 years before getting it. .. Reno also has a lot of tattoo places. Carson City has a few. Most people travel to Reno or Las Vegas for it. .. I have 1 tattoo and I got it in Reno. .. I do have a cross tattoo.

christianityboard dot com

Paula Castle took up tattooing after being made redundant from a sales job ..."I really did not want to do it. ...But I’m a bit of an all or nothing person so I said ‘yes’ and really pushed myself and I’ve not stopped...About 97% of my clients are female and that is universal across the board."

James McCarthy, Mirror dot co dot uk

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  441
  • Topics Per Day:  0.28
  • Content Count:  3,248
  • Content Per Day:  2.06

There is a guy that I like who has tattoos. I don't like for myself, but I would not want him to remove them. At the same time, I would not want anyone else to add anything to them. When I meet people, I like them for who they are when I meet them.

I don't ever want people to change who they are. This man has tattoos, and I like him just the way he is, at least surface appearance, and he is also super talkative, which is good for me, because I can not talk around a guy at all. Everything ends up having to be written. Albeit, I admit, I'm intimidated as all get out right now :th_praying::emot-nod:

• Thanks 1

On 12/21/2023 at 9:32 PM, believeinHim said:

There is a guy that I like who has tattoos. I don't like for myself, but I would not want him to remove them. At the same time, I would not want anyone else to add anything to them. When I meet people, I like them for who they are when I meet them.

I don't ever want people to change who they are. This man has tattoos, and I like him just the way he is

Hi @believeinHim

Everyone is different.

Some ppl regret their tattoos.

Others don't.

Some ppl see it as a priority to remove their tattoos, however painfully or costly.

Others definitely don't.

Some Christians are determined never to get a tattoo.

Others pursue tattoo parlor appointments with enthusiasm.

FHII said:

I was told it was addictive, but for me it was not. .. I don't regret it..  Probably 75% of the congregation have tattoos, including myself and the Pastor .. I am not ashamed of it, but it has no bearing on my salvation.  .. We got a lot of folks inked in our Church. Myself, the Pastor, his daughter and grand daughter included. Now, even my wife

Hi @Thewhitedove Did you see this other thread that someone started about tattoo removal?

I think it all shows that everyone is different.

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  441
  • Topics Per Day:  0.28
  • Content Count:  3,248
  • Content Per Day:  2.06

On 12/24/2023 at 4:42 AM, farouk said:

Hi @believeinHim

Everyone is different.

Some ppl regret their tattoos.

Others don't.

Some ppl see it as a priority to remove their tattoos, however painfully or costly.

Others definitely don't.

Some Christians are determined never to get a tattoo.

Others pursue tattoo parlor appointments with enthusiasm.

FHII said:

I was told it was addictive, but for me it was not. .. I don't regret it..  Probably 75% of the congregation have tattoos, including myself and the Pastor .. I am not ashamed of it, but it has no bearing on my salvation.  .. We got a lot of folks inked in our Church. Myself, the Pastor, his daughter and grand daughter included. Now, even my wife

I just don't think they look good on women. I have a scar above my right eyebrow, that is bugging me and thought about how I would go about getting it tattood over with the color of my eyebrows. I don't know if they can tattoo over a scar.

And that is completely different than a woman getting a tattoo. The two are just not the same thing.

On 12/21/2023 at 9:32 PM, believeinHim said:

I don't ever want people to change who they are. This man has tattoos, and I like him just the way he is, at least surface appearance, and he is also super talkative, which is good for me, because I can not talk around a guy at all. Everything ends up having to be written. Albeit, I admit, I'm intimidated as all get out right now :th_praying::emot-nod:

@believeinHim So has he in any case ever shown even the slightest interest in removing his tattoos?