IGNORED

Tattoo Removal ~ ~ Ethics of Tattoo Removal ~ ~ Is it more Painful than Tattoos, And is it something a Christian at heart should Prayerfully Consider ? ? ?

believeinHim

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  431
  • Topics Per Day:  0.28
  • Content Count:  3,218
  • Content Per Day:  2.08
  • Days Won:  0

21 hours ago, farouk said:

@believeinHim So has he in any case ever shown even the slightest interest in removing his tattoos?

He works at the grocery store. Loll. I haven't spoken to him, but I know that he recognizes my family. 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  67
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,135
  • Content Per Day:  0.36
  • Birthday:  05/25/1970

On 7/9/2023 at 6:16 PM, choir loft said:

Do not ...  put tattoo marks on yourselves. I am the LORD." (Leviticus 19:28)

TATTOOS are forbidden by God!!!

They are even forbidden by Islam (Sahih Bukhari - hadith literature). Muslims don't care about that either.

Does anybody care?   Of course not.  christians especially disregard Biblical standards of being separate from the world.  All they are concerned with are their bogus mythical doctrines.

Should a christian who no longer gives allegiance to the world have their tattoo marks removed?   Absolutely yes.   Jesus said it's better to enter heaven with missing body parts than to suffer death at the hand of God.  (Mark 9)   Read the book.

Do churchy types really care about religious restrictions any more?  Certainly not.   Today licentious attitudes reign supreme  in our faux-churches.  There's no difference between a tattooed choir member than a member of a typical street gang.  Why?  Because Christ calls each of us to come out of the world (1 Corinthians 6:17), but typical church members do not consider the LAW to be of use.

THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A LICENSE TO SIN.

If being a Christian makes one different than the world, then displaying skin illustrations is something that should be denied and removed.

that's me, hollering from the choir loft.....

But what if they're not that bad and they got em when they weren't even saved? We had a girl in church who had her arms covered in tattoos. She just wore long sleeves. You didn't see it. And she was letting them be removed, but that costed thousands. I don't think that you have to remove them. It's sin to let your kids starve because you want to look nice 

Edited by Renskedejonge

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  1,219
  • Content Per Day:  0.38
  • Birthday:  10/10/1947

11 hours ago, Renskedejonge said:

But what if they're not that bad and they got em when they weren't even saved? We had a girl in church who had her arms covered in tattoos. She just wore long sleeves. You didn't see it. And she was letting them be removed, but that costed thousands. I don't think that you have to remove them. It's sin to let your kids starve because you want to look nice 

Those who hate God's LAW will ALWAYS redefine what is or is not a SIN.

This is especially true with church folks who aren't taught the LAW any more (in centuries past they were) and who believe they are a law unto themselves.

I've witnessed to Christ in biker bars.  Theirs is an attitude both refreshing and lacking in hypocrisy.  They KNOW what SIN is and they KNOW they're guilty of breaking the law.  One gets no argument from them except perhaps to be shown the door when they become impatient.  

Christians and Jews will justify themselves all day and night ... and on the next morning they'll still be guilty as hell.  Both believe their traditions will save them and both are as lost as the boys in the biker bars....except that the religious types refuse to admit to it.

It is said that one evidence of the End Times will be lawLESSness.  This does not fully refer to violence, but also that of disdain for God's Holy LAW.  Christians and a growing number of JEWS today dishonor disrespect and ignore the LAW.  BOTH uphold their invented traditions and claim they'll be saved by them.  They will not.

Case in point here is the marking of one's skin - tattoos.  They are forbidden.  Excuses, human tradition and popularity of the marks will NEVER make it lawful.

What IS done is that of hiding the marks.....just as Eve and Adam tried to hide their SIN from God. (Genesis 3:7)

Condoning tattoos is not justification for getting them and keeping them.  Will tattooed people now dictate to God what is or is not SIN?

It seems they do.

that's me, hollering from the choir loft...

On 12/28/2023 at 2:08 PM, choir loft said:

Those who hate God's LAW will ALWAYS redefine what is or is not a SIN.

This is especially true with church folks who aren't taught the LAW any more (in centuries past they were) and who believe they are a law unto themselves.

I've witnessed to Christ in biker bars.  Theirs is an attitude both refreshing and lacking in hypocrisy.  They KNOW what SIN is and they KNOW they're guilty of breaking the law.  One gets no argument from them except perhaps to be shown the door when they become impatient.  

Christians and Jews will justify themselves all day and night ... and on the next morning they'll still be guilty as hell.  Both believe their traditions will save them and both are as lost as the boys in the biker bars....except that the religious types refuse to admit to it.

It is said that one evidence of the End Times will be lawLESSness.  This does not fully refer to violence, but also that of disdain for God's Holy LAW.  Christians and a growing number of JEWS today dishonor disrespect and ignore the LAW.  BOTH uphold their invented traditions and claim they'll be saved by them.  They will not.

Case in point here is the marking of one's skin - tattoos.  They are forbidden.  Excuses, human tradition and popularity of the marks will NEVER make it lawful.

What IS done is that of hiding the marks.....just as Eve and Adam tried to hide their SIN from God. (Genesis 3:7)

Condoning tattoos is not justification for getting them and keeping them.  Will tattooed people now dictate to God what is or is not SIN?

It seems they do.

But if they did that when they weren't saved and don't have money to get them removed I don't believe they are obliged to have them removed. One guy was tattooed up and when he got baptized the demon tattoo on his back was gone miraculously and the rest was still there.

Edited by Renskedejonge

4 hours ago, Renskedejonge said:

But if they did that when they weren't saved and don't have money to get them removed I don't believe they are obliged to have them removed. One guy was tattooed up and when he got baptized the demon tattoo on his back was gone miraculously and the rest was still there.

The miraculous tattoo removal you mention sounds like a TV commercial to support some iterate evangeli$t.   Most stories like this are bogus - fake.

If there is supporting documentation, photographic proof or perhaps a testimony from the man's mother I'd consider it plausible. However, this isn't likely to appear anywhere.

According to the LAW expressed in Leviticus one should not tattoo the skin. (Leviticus 19:28)

Bear in mind that spiritual rebirth doesn't necessarily impact the flesh.  We all die in the flesh ... and to some extent are called to deny it in our normal Christian life, by the LAW.  

Most Christians don't pay any attention to the LAW anyway  ... and then wonder why they suffer afflictions and diseases and trials.  Stupid is as stupid does.

For anyone who eats and drinks without recognizing the body eats and drinks judgment on himself. That is why many among you are weak and sick, and a number of you have fallen asleep. (1 Corinthians 11:29-30)

Do what you will.

Believe what you want to believe. (Prov 14:15)

Let your ears be tickled by every lie of the world. (2 Tim 4:3)

When we suffer because we deny God's LAW, He laughs at our misfortunes.  (Job 9:23)

But God isn't willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.  (2 Peter 3:9)

REPENT and be saved.   

Edited by choir loft

56 minutes ago, choir loft said:

The miraculous tattoo removal you mention sounds like a TV commercial to support some iterate evangeli$t.   Most stories like this are bogus - fake.

If there is supporting documentation, photographic proof or perhaps a testimony from the man's mother I'd consider it plausible. However, this isn't likely to appear anywhere.

According to the LAW expressed in Leviticus one should not tattoo the skin. (Leviticus 19:28)

Bear in mind that spiritual rebirth doesn't necessarily impact the flesh.  We all die in the flesh ... and to some extent are called to deny it in our normal Christian life, by the LAW.  

Most Christians don't pay any attention to the LAW anyway  ... and then wonder why they suffer afflictions and diseases and trials.  Stupid is as stupid does.

For anyone who eats and drinks without recognizing the body eats and drinks judgment on himself. That is why many among you are weak and sick, and a number of you have fallen asleep. (1 Corinthians 11:29-30)

Do what you will.

When we suffer because we deny God's LAW, He laughs at our misfortunes.  (Job 9:23)

But God isn't willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.  (2 Peter 3:9)

REPENT and be saved.   

Yes repent and be saved and don't get another one, but it doesn't say: let your kids starve and take the food money to pay a fortune to some laser guy to get them removed.

Edited by Renskedejonge

13 minutes ago, Renskedejonge said:

Yes repent and be saved and don't get another one, but it doesn't say: let your kids starve and take the food money to pay a fortune to some laser guy to get them removed.

Neither does it justify GETTING MORE TATTOOS in contradiction of God's Holy LAW.

Why are you so adamant to defend SIN?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,605
  • Content Per Day:  1.07
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/28/1957

42 minutes ago, choir loft said:

Do what you will.

REPENT and be saved.   

Shalom, choir loft.

I think you're expressing too much concern over the Mosaic Law, and not enough on "love your brother as yourself," which is what the MESSIAH OF GOD taught us to do.

Granted. Too many Christians put too little value on the Law.

Even if one does not keep them to be justified by God, they are still a "good idea!" When I became a Messianic Jew, I stopped eating pork products: hams including honey hams, bacon, pork chops, etc., including things many don't realize are made with pork, such as baked beans (with bacon bits added), some gelatins, and common meats, such as bologna, sausages, bratwurst, many hot dogs, ribs, pulled meats at a restaurant, jowls, roasts, etc.

Pigs and boars and hogs are all "rooters"; that is, they dig with their snouts into the dirt and mud for grubs and worms and whatever else they can find to eat, and they will often pick up parasites that can live in their muscles (which are used for meat), and then they can be consumed by humans and develop into parasites within the digestive tract of the human body. Everyone used to know, at least, about tapeworms, but there are many more parasites than those! Even in a clean environment, pigs are pigs, and they WILL find a way to consume things that aren't good for them or for us. Many cooking sprays are made with lard from pig fat, although the better ones are made from fish oils.

Another group of unclean animals are seafoods that most don't realize can be bad for them if caught in the wild: things like snails, escargot, crabs, crayfish (crawdaddies), shrimp, prawn, Ebi, Scampi, lobsters, catfish, etc. All of these are "bottom-feeders"; that is, they are omnivores that clean up the organic debris from dying fish off the bottom of the rivers, lakes, seas, and oceans or decaying plant matter on land. They do their jobs well and keep the water clean, but they are not necessarily safe to eat.

All of these were prohibited in the Mosaic Law. I believe it was God's way of PROTECTING the children of Israel from the harmful organisms that often accompanied the meats from these creatures.

Today, we use stringent dietary laws and inspections that weed out most of the harmful infestations in such meats, WHEN farm produced. So, much that is sold under FDA standards will not be harmful and are safe to eat, but no one can guarantee that the meats that stores and restaurants provide consumers are 100% free of such parasites when they are commonly found in such meats. And, much of the food served in restaurants may be imported from other countries which don't have such stringent laws.

That's why I say that the Law can be a very good idea to follow!

HOWEVER, it is equally WRONG to say that one MUST obey the Law to be justified by God. The Law was given to be a SCHOOL MASTER (A TEACHER) to teach us that NO ONE CAN KEEP THE WHOLE LAW! And, if one offends in one point, he (or she) is GUILTY OF ALL, because the SAME GOD who said, "Thou shalt not kill," is the SAME GOD who said, "tithe off the mint and cumin!" When you offend HIM in the small matters, you also offend Him as though in the weightier matters, as well! It is all ONE LAW, broken down into 613 (not just 10) commandments.

God had to do the IMPOSSIBLE for us! He stepped in and sent His Son as the Sacrifice for the sin of every human being who has ever lived.

Animal sacrifices are nothing but REMINDERS for us of what the Messiah suffered on the cross.

(In the Old Testament, they were FORESHADOWING EVENTS that pictured what the Messiah would do when He came as the Messiah ben Yosef - the Suffering and Dying Messiah - in their future.)

One MUST realize that this portion is ALSO TRUE!

Hope this helps.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  88
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,276
  • Content Per Day:  0.62

On 7/8/2023 at 9:38 PM, believeinHim said:

Christian at heart consider Tattoo Removal

A local university hospital did a study on tattoos and found a 80% chance of current or past drug use. Consequently they decided to no longer hire people with tattoos. Everything speaks. It is stigmatic, but can be used as a conversation starter to proclaim your hearts conversion.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,605
  • Content Per Day:  1.07
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/28/1957

54 minutes ago, choir loft said:

Neither does it justify GETTING MORE TATTOOS in contradiction of God's Holy LAW.

Why are you so adamant to defend SIN?

Shalom, choir loft and @Renskedejonge.

Rather than remove the tattoo, why not USE the tattoo as a symbol of that from which the LORD has saved you? Unless it is too offensive to display publicly, one can USE such a tattoo as a lead into witnessing to a person! Turn it into a POSITIVE!

That's what God has done with ALL our sins! They have become a TRIBUTE to what the Messiah has done on the cross!

• Thumbs Up 1