JohnD

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  290
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Days Won:  0

Oversight, I'm not seeing that in scripture for Jesus stated "the father is greater than he was and the Jews who was God chosen people/nation never thought Almighty God to be the Messiah. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  300
  • Content Per Day:  0.18

The phrase is best translated "I will be whatever I will be."  This nuance has 3 implications:

(1)''I will be whatever I will be for you" but I reserve the right to be expressed in different imagery for peoples of other cultures."

"Are you not like the Ethiopians to me, O people of Israel, says the Lord?  Did I not bring Israel up from the land of Egypt, but also the Philistines from Caphtor (in Crete) and the Arameans from Kir (in Iraq)?"

(2) "Naming me can be trap because it might create the impression that you understand my essence."

''Why do you (Jacob) ask me my name (Genesis 32;29)?"                                                                                                                            "For my thoughts are not your thoughts, nor are my ways thoughts are not your ways, says the Lord (Isaiah 55:8)."(3) "Know me not as an abstract concept but by my gracious acts I have performed for my people throughout history."

(3) "Know me not as an abstract concept, but in terms of what I have done for my people and what I can do for you"

So God tells Moses to tell the Israelites: "The God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob has sent me to you (Exodus 3:15)."

• Thumbs Up 2

• 3 weeks later...

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  192
  • Content Per Day:  0.40

"I am who (I) am", "I will become what I choose to become", "I am what I am", "I will be what I will be", "I create what(ever) I create", or "I am the Existing One".

God can be anything He desires.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  126
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,086
  • Content Per Day:  0.57
  • Birthday:  09/15/1956

I'll ask him when I get there.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,242
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

John 8 Jesus claimed to be I AM of Ex. 3 and Rev. 1,.    He is the Word Who existed with the Father before all worlds and Who Is the Eternal God.  YHWH.  

Joh 8:56  Your father Abraham leaped for joy that he should see My day, and he saw, and rejoiced.

Joh 8:57  Then the Jews said to Him, You do not yet have fifty years, and have You seen Abraham?

Joh 8:58  Jesus said to them, Truly, truly, I say to you, Before Abraham came to be, I AM!

• Thumbs Up 2

3 hours ago, Daniel Marsh said:

I'll ask him when I get there.

God can appear as a man, He can appear as a rock, He can appear to Abraham in a tent doorway, and being omnipresent in the spirit, he can be with us and know our every thought and deed.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,242
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

While I agree that we can't put our Creator in a box, He has expressly appeared to us in 3 persons as Father, Son and Holy Spirit, separate but One Eternal God in 3 persons.  

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,853
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  3

On 10/5/2023 at 11:46 AM, Truswell said:

"I am who (I) am", "I will become what I choose to become", "I am what I am", "I will be what I will be", "I create what(ever) I create", or "I am the Existing One".

God can be anything He desires.

Interesting, all that in the statement: I Am that I Am. But he still went ahead and identify himself as the God of Abraham and Isaac and Jacob...who had made Covenants with all of them. 

He let them know that he is only for them and for no one else. And the time had come to make good to his promise to Abraham and Isaac and Jacob. To Moses he said that he will be the one to deal with Faraoh and he does not need an army. He is going to do it without the help of anyone. 

42 minutes ago, Willa said:

While I agree that we can't put our Creator in a box, He has expressly appeared to us in 3 persons as Father, Son and Holy Spirit, separate but One Eternal God in 3 persons.  

Not in the scriptures. The Father is the Father. Jesus called him the Heavenly Father because He was in Heaven. And the Heaven was opened and a voice was heard, "this is my son" and the Holy Spirit from the open Heaven identify for whom these words were spoken when he descended on Jesus only. And John gave the testimony that the Holy Spirit was descended only on Jesus. 

And what followed; the Holy Spirit took Jesus to the dessert and the Devil in due time tried to tempt Jesus with the prophetic statements about the Messiah of God. 

Jesus accepted that those prophetic statements the Devil recited which were written about the Messiah that were written about him. Jesus knew who he was and what lies ahead of him. Jesus knew all about his mission and that he would die on the Cross and he had accepted it, when he showed up at the Jordan River so he can be empowered from above for the mission that was ahead of him which began right at the time when Heaven opened and the Holy Spirit from the Heavenly Father came upon him to quide him and begin his mission. Jesus agreed to what the Father had plan for him. At that time he denied the earthly things of having a wife and a family and having a house to live in and any other material things.

When the two disciples of John asked him where do you live? Jesus said come and see.

Jesus did not take them to any house but to where he was sleeping, Jesus was homeless at that time and he was sleeping in the open, without a roof over his head.

Edited by Your closest friendnt

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  241
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  6,946
  • Content Per Day:  3.27
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

1 hour ago, Willa said:

32 minutes ago, Your closest friendnt said:

Not in the scriptures. The Father is the Father. Jesus called him the Heavenly Father because He was in Heaven. And the Heaven was opened and a voice was heard, "this is my son" and the Holy Spirit from the open Heaven identify for whom these words were spoken when he descended on Jesus only. And John gave the testimony that the Holy Spirit was descended only on Jesus. 

@Your closest friendnt Are you denying the Trinity? This question is being asked due to the reporting of this post.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Your closest friendnt said:

Interesting, all that in the statement: I Am that I Am. But he still went ahead and identify himself as the God of Abraham and Isaac and Jacob...who had made Covenants with all of them. 

He let them know that he is only for them and for no one else. And the time had come to make good to his promise to Abraham and Isaac and Jacob. To Moses he said that he will be the one to deal with Faraoh and he does not need an army. He is going to do it without the help of anyone. 

And what followed; the Holy Spirit took Jesus to the dessert and the Devil in due time tried to tempt Jesus with the prophetic statements about the Messiah of God. 

Jesus accepted that those prophetic statements the Devil recited which were written about the Messiah that were written about him. Jesus knew who he was and what lies ahead of him. Jesus knew all about his mission and that he would die on the Cross and he had accepted it, when he showed up at the Jordan River so he can be empowered from above for the mission that was ahead of him which began right at the time when Heaven opened and the Holy Spirit from the Heavenly Father came upon him to quide him and begin his mission. Jesus agreed to what the Father had plan for him. At that time he denied the earthly things of having a wife and a family and having a house to live in and any other material things.

When the two disciples of John asked him where do you live? Jesus said come and see.

Jesus did not take them to any house but to where he was sleeping, Jesus was homeless at that time and he was sleeping in the open, without a roof over his head.

I sometimes think of the American President.

He is
Head of State
Chief Executive
Commander in Chief
Head of Government
Chief Diplomat
Manager of the Economy
Ceremonial Head of State

But is ONE President.

God is "Father, Son and Holy Spirit."

Jesus the "I AM" is "God with us." (The mighty God. See Isaiah 9:6 and elsewhere.)

Edited by Truswell
  • Loved it! 1
  • Praise God! 1