• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  905
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,646
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

3 minutes ago, JohnD said:

Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I AM hath sent me unto you.

It is this portion of Exodus 3:14 that gets the attention of what Jesus claimed about himself:

John 8:58–59 (KJV)
58 Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I AM.
59 Then took they up stones to cast at him: but Jesus hid himself, and went out of the temple, going through the midst of them, and so passed by.

There are several such I AM statements in the Gospels. But one in particular is obscured by translation interference... 

John 8:24 (KJV)
24 I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins.

"he" is not in the Greek text and is added for "grammatical clarity" (or so they say).  But this traditions of man tampering with the passage obscures the

fact that Jesus said that if you do not believe that I AM, you will die in your sins.

If you do not believe that I AM YHVH... you will die in your sins.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1
  • Well Said! 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Topic Count:  905
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,646
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

Once we learn that Jesus is LORD Yahweh, Jehovah, YHVH... all the biblical clues pointing to this fact are clear.

Philippians 2:10–11 (KJV)
10 That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;
11 And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord {LORD}, to the glory of God the Father.

Nehemiah 9:6 (KJV)
6 Thou, even thou, art LORD alone; thou hast made heaven, the heaven of heavens, with all their host, the earth, and all things that are therein, the seas, and all that is therein, and thou preservest them all; and the host of heaven worshippeth thee.

Put another way...

Isaiah 44:24 (KJV)
24 Thus saith the LORD, thy redeemer, and he that formed thee from the womb, I am the LORD that maketh all things; that stretcheth forth the heavens alone; that spreadeth abroad the earth by myself;

The New Testament clarifies that this lone Creator of all things created in the beginning is Jesus:

John 1:3 (KJV)
3 All things were made by him {God the Word} ; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

Colossians 1:16 (KJV)
16 For by him {Jesus} were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:

Thus Jesus is YHVH the LORD.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1
  • Well Said! 1
  • Praise God! 1

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  126
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,086
  • Content Per Day:  0.57
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/15/1956

https://www.evangelic.net/wp-stuff/uploads/Jesus_is_YAHWEH-sm.jpg

Edited by Daniel Marsh
  • Thanks 1
  • Praise God! 1

https://lordswayministriesinternationaldotcom.files.wordpress.com/2016/01/scriptures-on-oneness-001.jpg?w=960&h=260&crop=1

• Praise God! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  743
  • Topics Per Day:  1.36
  • Content Count:  3,893
  • Content Per Day:  7.12
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  02/18/1956

On 7/12/2023 at 7:02 PM, JohnD said:

Exodus 3:13–15 (KJV)
13 And Moses said unto God, Behold, when I come unto the children of Israel, and shall say unto them, The God of your fathers hath sent me unto you; and they shall say to me, What is his name? what shall I say unto them?
14 And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I AM hath sent me unto you.
15 And God said moreover unto Moses, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, The LORD God of your fathers, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob, hath sent me unto you: this is my name for ever, and this is my memorial unto all generations.

This passage names God YHVH and defines the name YHVH.

The statement of eternality (existence without beginning or end and utterly dependent upon nothing other than self).

The statement is also devoid of tense (meaning it is all three past, present, future in application):

• I AM BECAUSE I AM
  • I WAS BECAUSE I WAS
  • I WILL BE BECAUSE I WILL BE

Expressed in the Greek in this manner:

Revelation 1:8 (KJV)
8 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.

John 6:

32 Then Jesus said to them, Most assuredly, I say to you,

Moses did not give you the bread from heaven,

but My Father gives you the true bread from heaven. 

33 For the bread of God is He who comes down from heaven

and gives life to the world.

34 Then they said to Him, Lord, give us this bread always.

35 And Jesus said to them, I am the bread of life. 

He who comes to Me shall never hunger, and he who

believes in Me shall never thirst.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  743
  • Topics Per Day:  1.36
  • Content Count:  3,893
  • Content Per Day:  7.12
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  02/18/1956

On 7/12/2023 at 7:17 PM, JohnD said:

The New Testament clarifies that this lone Creator of all things created in the beginning is Jesus:

John 1:3 (KJV)
3 All things were made by him {God the Word} ; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

Colossians 1:16 (KJV)
16 For by him {Jesus} were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:

Thus Jesus is YHVH the LORD.

Genesis 1:

3 Then God said, “Let there be light”; and there was light. 

4 And God saw the light, that it was good; and God divided the light from the darkness.

John 1:

3 All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made. 

4 In Him was life, and the life was the light of men. 

5 And the light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it.

9 That was the true Light which gives light to every man coming into the world.

John 8:12 Then Jesus spoke to them again, saying, I am the light of the world.

He who follows Me shall not walk in darkness, but have the light of life.

John 9:5 As long as I am in the world, I am the light of the world.

Jesus is in the world, as long as there are those who are faithful to Him.

Matthew 5:14-16 You are the light of the world. A city that is set on a hill

cannot be hidden. Nor do they light a lamp and put it under a basket, but on a lamp stand,

and it gives light to all who are in the house. Let your light so shine before men, 

that they may see your good works and glorify your Father in heaven.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 1

• 1 month later...

• Group:  Non-Trinitarian
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  222
  • Content Per Day:  0.18

On 7/12/2023 at 9:02 PM, JohnD said:

Exodus 3:13–15 (KJV)
13 And Moses said unto God, Behold, when I come unto the children of Israel, and shall say unto them, The God of your fathers hath sent me unto you; and they shall say to me, What is his name? what shall I say unto them?
14 And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I AM hath sent me unto you.
15 And God said moreover unto Moses, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, The LORD God of your fathers, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob, hath sent me unto you: this is my name for ever, and this is my memorial unto all generations.

This passage names God YHVH and defines the name YHVH.

The statement of eternality (existence without beginning or end and utterly dependent upon nothing other than self).

The statement is also devoid of tense (meaning it is all three past, present, future in application):

• I AM BECAUSE I AM
  • I WAS BECAUSE I WAS
  • I WILL BE BECAUSE I WILL BE

Expressed in the Greek in this manner:

Revelation 1:8 (KJV)
8 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.

God does not have a name as us needed to tell each other a part.he has no form   .All of his names are immutable attributes as power of God .  The tongue of God the power to create and destroy. 

Another I AM example not as popular 

John 18:1-4 When Jesus had spoken these words, he went forth with his disciples over the brook Cedron, where was a garden, into the which he entered, and his disciples. And Judas also, which betrayed him, knew the place: for Jesus ofttimes resorted thither with his disciples. Judas then, having received a band of men and officers from the chief priests and Pharisees, cometh thither with lanterns and torches and weapons. Jesus therefore, knowing all things that should come upon him, went forth, and said unto them, Whom seek ye?

Looking to the answer for God the "I am" the power of God not seen  literally moved them and went  backwards . . the spirit of judgement signified by the tribe of Dan. . the breaking of the neck like that of Judas when he hung himself as a witness of his guilty ,  the field of blood  

Genesis 49:17 Dan shall be a serpent by the way, an adder in the path, that biteth the horse heels, so that his rider shall fall backward.

John 18:5-9  They answered him, Jesus of Nazareth. Jesus saith unto them, I am he. And Judas also, which betrayed him, stood with them. As soon then as he had said unto them, I am he, they went backward, and fell to the ground.Then asked he them again, Whom seek ye? And they said, Jesus of Nazareth.Jesus answered, I have told you that I am he: if therefore ye seek me, let these go their way:That the saying might be fulfilled, which he spake, Of them which thou gavest me have I lost none.

He asked them a second time to show the power of the tongue life and death and released the believers the work of the gospel . 

• Interesting! 1

• Topic Count:  43
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  3,349
  • Content Per Day:  7.90
  • Days Won:  1

When we label God by putting a name on him and we limit what we can know about him and what kind of relationship we can have with him.

• Thumbs Up 1