IGNORED

Why was Solomon’s Godly Wisdom Not enough to prevent him from sinning by marrying “Non-Hebrew” women? And What should he probably have asked God for in addition to his request for Godly Wisdom that might have prevented him from sinning?

bartmac123

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  210
  • Topics Per Day:  0.36
  • Content Count:  3,531
  • Content Per Day:  6.05
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  04/01/2024

9 hours ago, com7fy8 said:

Yes, I have thought of the same question.

I think he was given wisdom to stay on the right path. After all, his own good example would be included in ruling the people with wisdom.

And at first possibly he did rule with good example. But once the temple and other things were done, couldn't he have let up because things weren't so challenging?

And wasn't it after David was so proven and successful, that then he got slack and did what he did to Uriah and took Bathsheba?

Things could have  become so easier, and they got to be above question, maybe. And then was when they could depend less on the LORD. They needed to enjoy their opportunity to rest . . . but in the LORD.

Even once things might not have been so challenging > having done all, they should have stood.

"Therefore take up the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand." (Ephesians 6:13)

Women are a supreme temptation . . . only through God can this temptation be successfully resisted I think.  God created woman to very complimentary and appealing to man, and the devil knows how to use that!

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,320
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

I would think the problem was pride.  Thinking more of oneself than is reality.  It has taken down a large number of folks.    It took down Satan.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  41
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  873
  • Content Per Day:  0.45
  • Days Won:  0

pleasure and pride

He could not distinguish love for a person, from love for the pleasural sensations he could use her to get.

Plus, there was the pride of more or less being able to have any woman he wanted.

Yeah, right . . . I can see it, now. Each day kings in certain countries could pick the women they wanted from their harems. And I think it was like this, for Solomon. 

It wasn't a matter of developing and testing each person for her ability to relate in love. But it was quick-fix seeing what he wanted and getting it.

So, yeah, God made women so marvellously, but men need to be able to handle it.

After all, a lady is designed for the care and comfort of her new so tender baby, not only for physically pleasing a guy . . . I see, at this point :)

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  126
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,092
  • Content Per Day:  0.56
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/15/1956

On 7/20/2023 at 10:37 AM, bartmac123 said:

Why was Solomon’s Godly Wisdom Not enough to prevent him from sinning by marrying “Non-Hebrew” women? To elaborate, if Solomon had so much Godly Wisdom then he should have been Wise enough to know that marrying “Non-Hebrew” women would be disastrous. 

And What should he probably have asked God for in addition to his request for Godly Wisdom  that might have prevented him from sinning?

To have his prostrate removed.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  316
  • Content Per Day:  1.01
  • Days Won:  3

I’d say its a case of “its easier to give advice than take it.” 

Many marvel at the wisdom of Solomon and want his wisdom, I prefer Jesus, “Christ, in whom all the storehouses of wisdom ans knowledge are therein.” (Colossians 2:2-3)

In short Solomon is but a man, Jesus is the Son of Man and Son of God, God in the flesh, so we ought to fix our eyes on Him. (Hebrews 12:2).