IGNORED

So at what stage are you with smoking?

farouk

POLL: Smoking: did you manage to quit?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. So, at what stage are you with the smoking?

• Yes I did!
    • No, but I'm almost there
    • Not yet and I'll likely smoke for longer
    • Never started

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closes on 07/24/2024 at 01:22 AM

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  6,558
  • Content Per Day:  12.21
  • Days Won:  31

Any more of ppl's stories, quitting, etc.?

Guest AFlameOfFire
3 hours ago, farouk said:

@AFlameOfFire Thanks for your comment; great that you did manage to quit. Maybe you understand also what was meant - in discussion with @Anne2 - by not letting others guilt-manipulate you.

I wasn't really surrounded by those who professed Christ guilting me over it since some of them at the time smoked too. So that was really the last thing that would ever come my way by any of them. We would sit around smoking cigarettes and talk Jesus Christ. Puffing away in our rooms full of smoke as if smoking peace pipes in our own little ritual. 

I wouldn't call every person who is trying to reason with someone for their own benefit over a thing that is obviously bad for you in a bad light. Nor as being a person responisble for any guilt felt on our own part or that they are larger contributors in manipulation.  Personally, I know there is more self justification, manipulation and guilt tactics that come by addicts then with those who are not in an addiction.

Anyone can say to anyone at any given time,  that we should "put this off, or "put that away from us" and that will rarely be taken kindly when we are a servant of it.  And in that mindset we may perceive it as someone trying to make us feel guilty or manipulating us but I don't think that is always the case. 

My two pennies for what they might be worth.

Edited by AFlameOfFire

1 minute ago, AFlameOfFire said:

I wasn't really surrounded by those who professed Christ guilting me over it since some of them at the time smoked too. So that was really the last thing that would ever come my way by any of them. We would sit around smoking cigarettes and talk Jesus Christ. Puffing away in our rooms full of smoke as if smoking peace pipes in our own little ritual. 

I wouldn't call every person who is trying to reason with someone for their own benefit over a thing that is obviously bad for you in a bad light. Nor as being a person responisble for any guilt felt on my part or that they are larger contributors in manipulation.  Personally, I know there is more self justification, manipulation and guilt tactics that come by addicts then with those who are not in an addiction.

Anyone can say to anyone at any given time,  that we should "put this off, or "put that away from us" and that will rarely be taken kindly when we are a servant of it.  And in that mindset we may perceive it as someone trying to make us feel guilty or manipulating us but I don't think that is always the case. 

My two pennies for what they might be worth.

@AFlameOfFire Thanks a lot for your sensible comment as a former smoking woman.

Did you consider the poll response options, the way?

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  3,349
  • Content Per Day:  7.72
  • Days Won:  1

When you reach the stage where you actually want to be a non smoker instead of just a smoker that isn't smoking you will find a way to succeed and be free of smoking. 

Same is true of alcohol and drugs, and even destructive habits.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  404
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  0

5 hours ago, farouk said:

Any more of ppl's stories, quitting, etc.?

Do you smoke farouk?

Guest AFlameOfFire
1 hour ago, farouk said:

@AFlameOfFire Thanks a lot for your sensible comment as a former smoking woman.

Did you consider the poll response options, the way?

Farouk, I didnt take the poll by clicking on anything in it.  I dont particpate in poll taking, I never have, And I will typically avoid threads with polls if you are asking where my response to those options are. I just come because I was invited over so I thought nothing about participating a little without having to touch on the options given me.

If its necessary that I respond to the actual poll options I can ask to get my posts deleted if it is a requirement to respond on this thread. Thats no problem at all just let me know.

6 hours ago, Duck said:

Do you smoke farouk?

See top response in the poll...

6 hours ago, AFlameOfFire said:

Farouk, I didnt take the poll by clicking on anything in it.  I dont particpate in poll taking, I never have, And I will typically avoid threads with polls if you are asking where my response to those options are. I just come because I was invited over so I thought nothing about participating a little without having to touch on the options given me.

If its necessary that I respond to the actual poll options I can ask to get my posts deleted if it is a requirement to respond on this thread. Thats no problem at all just let me know.

@AFlameOfFire Hey no prob; thanks for your comments; your comments always welcome.

7 hours ago, FJK said:

When you reach the stage where you actually want to be a non smoker instead of just a smoker that isn't smoking you will find a way to succeed and be free of smoking. 

Same is true of alcohol and drugs, and even destructive habits.

@FJK Thanks for your comment.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,247
  • Content Per Day:  3.32
  • Days Won:  30

On 10/11/2023 at 7:25 AM, farouk said:

Thanks, @Willa, for your poll participation; I think you said you've been quit for a long time, right? :)

=I quit in 1967

• Thumbs Up 1