IGNORED

A dark period was prophesied by Jesus, a time of spiritual famine and of hearing the words of God

Stewardofthemystery

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  114
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  969
  • Content Per Day:  2.94
  • Days Won:  2

13 hours ago, DeighAnn said:

11For with stammering lips and another tongue will he speak to this people. (NO DOUBT you are aware of MOSES or are you??)

Did you get that?  THEY DIDN'T LIKE IT EITHER.  THEY WOULD NOT HEAR.  THEY WANTED TO DO IT THEIR WAY BUT THEIR WAY DOESN'T TURN OUT VERY WELL, DOES IT?

THE ATTITUDE OF THOSE WHO WERE TAUGHT BY THE PRECEPTS OF MEN

REPEATED IT BACK IN A MOCKING WAYS

13But the word of the LORD was unto them precept upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, and there a little;

AND THOSE WHO DO MOCK IT, AND DO NOT LEARN THE WORDS OF GOD IN THE MANNER PRESCRIBED, DON'T FIND THE REST, THEY DON'T FIND THE REFRESHING

BUT WHAT HAPPENS TO THEM IS WHAT IS HAPPENING TO YOU RIGHT NOW

that they might go, and fall backward, and be broken, and snared, and taken.

But don't trust me, GO SEEK THIS TRUTH OUT FOR YOURSELF. 

And as soon as you do, do the right thing and ERASE THIS THREAD.   YOU should have PM'd me rather than have FALSELY accused me of having been taught by the precept of MEN.  

Are you aware of a guy named Paul?

1 Corinthians 14:21-22

King James Version

21 In the law it is written, With men of other tongues and other lips will I speak unto this people; and yet for all that will they not hear me, saith the Lord.

22 Wherefore tongues are for a sign, not to them that believe, but to them that believe not: but prophesying serveth not for them that believe not, but for them which believe.”

• Haha 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  57
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,768
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  0

It will be a pretty terrible time, when the light of the Lord is not available to man (John 9:5).

I believe this is when the great tribulation time comes upon us all.

John 9:5 As long as I am in the world, I am the light of the world. 

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,628
  • Content Per Day:  1.16

21 hours ago, Stewardofthemystery said:

There is a reason you disagree…

Verily, verily, I say unto thee, We speak that we do know, and testify that we have seen; and ye receive not our witness.

a) LOL!  DeighAnn is right. 

b) Jesus was speaking o0t Nicodemus, a Jewish teacher.  Extrapolating a single verse and misapplying it proves nothing.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  153
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  5,881
  • Content Per Day:  2.47
  • Days Won:  1

58 minutes ago, luigi said:

It will be a pretty terrible time, when the light of the Lord is not available to man (John 9:5).

I believe this is when the great tribulation time comes upon us all.

John 9:5 As long as I am in the world, I am the light of the world. 

Who said the Lord isn't going to be available to man?

19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

6 minutes ago, Shilohsfoal said:

Who said the Lord isn't going to be available to man?

19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

For those of us who believe in a great tribulation (also referred to as the Day of the Lord), when even family members will be turning in other family members unto their deaths (Mark 13:12);--it then appears that Love (aka the Lord) is not around. And when love is not around, then great darkness is upon the nations, until the light returns at the end of the great tribulation period, and the light is seen upon the saints (Isaiah 60:1-3).

Mark 13:12 Now the brother shall betray the brother to death, and the father the son; and children shall rise up against their parents, and shall cause them to be put to death.

Isaiah 60:1 Arise, shine; for thy light is come, and the glory of the Lord is risen upon thee. 2 For, behold, the darkness shall cover the earth, and gross darkness the people: but the Lord shall arise upon thee, and his glory shall be seen upon thee. 3 And the Gentiles shall come to thy light, and kings to the brightness of thy rising.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  153
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  5,881
  • Content Per Day:  2.47
  • Days Won:  1

Just now, luigi said:

For those of us who believe in a great tribulation (also referred to as the Day of the Lord), when even family members will be turning in other family members unto their deaths (Mark 13:12);--it then appears that Love (aka the Lord) is not around. And when love is not around, then great darkness is upon the nations, until the light returns at the end of the great tribulation period, and the light is seen upon the saints (Isaiah 60:1-3).

Mark 13:12 Now the brother shall betray the brother to death, and the father the son; and children shall rise up against their parents, and shall cause them to be put to death.

Isaiah 60:1 Arise, shine; for thy light is come, and the glory of the Lord is risen upon thee. 2 For, behold, the darkness shall cover the earth, and gross darkness the people: but the Lord shall arise upon thee, and his glory shall be seen upon thee. 3 And the Gentiles shall come to thy light, and kings to the brightness of thy rising.

Brother turns against brother in Israel as the Israeli governments mark is given to the Israeli people.This time period lasts 3.5 years.

The great tribulation takes place at the end of the 3.5 years .At that time the saints are delivered and the dead in Christ rise. The wicked are destroyed by fire.

24 minutes ago, Shilohsfoal said:

Brother turns against brother in Israel as the Israeli governments mark is given to the Israeli people.This time period lasts 3.5 years.

The great tribulation takes place at the end of the 3.5 years .At that time the saints are delivered and the dead in Christ rise. The wicked are destroyed by fire.

There are many of us who believe the great tribulation (aka the Day of the Lord), will be global (Revelation 3:10), and not just in Israel. The plagues in Revelation chapters 8 and 9, see the rise of the beast from the bottomless pit (Revelation 17:8), aka the sea in Revelation 13:1. The beast shall be given a mouth, and allotted 42 months (Revelation 13:5). These 42 months, are those 3.5 years in which the whole world who are not written in the lambs book of life shall worship the beast and its mouth (Revelation 13:4 & 8), while the saints who do not worship the beast will experience great tribulation and death (Revelation 13:10). For the dead in Christ to rise first, they do have to die first.

Revelation 3:10 Because thou hast kept the word of my patience, I also will keep thee from the hour of temptation, which shall come upon all the world, to try them that dwell upon the earth.

Edited by luigi

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  6,301
  • Content Per Day:  3.64

57 minutes ago, Stewardofthemystery said:

Are you aware of a guy named Paul?

1 Corinthians 14:21-22

King James Version

21 In the law it is written, With men of other tongues and other lips will I speak unto this people; and yet for all that will they not hear me, saith the Lord.

22 Wherefore tongues are for a sign, not to them that believe, but to them that believe not: but prophesying serveth not for them that believe not, but for them which believe.”

How disappointing, but sheds much light on the 'fruit' 

and as far as

"influencing people by having a respected reputation i.e. one built on a solid "track-record."....

somethings to possibly or possibly not meditate upon

1 Thess 5

8But let us, who are of the day, be sober, putting on the breastplate of faith and love; and for an helmet, the hope of salvation.

9For God hath not appointed us to wrath, but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ,

10Who died for us, that, whether we wake or sleep, we should live together with Him.

11Wherefore comfort yourselves together, and edify one another, even as also ye do.

12And we beseech you, brethren, to know them which labour among you, and are over you in the Lord, and admonish you;

13And to esteem them very highly in love for their work's sake. And be at peace among yourselves.

14Now we exhort you, brethren, warn them that are unruly, comfort the feebleminded, support the weak, be patient toward all men.

15See that none render evil for evil unto any man; but ever follow that which is good, both among yourselves, and to all men.

16Rejoice evermore.

17Pray without ceasing.

18In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.

19Quench not the Spirit.

20Despise not prophesyings.

21Prove all things; hold fast that which is good.

22Abstain from all appearance of evil.

23And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.

and Lk 12

41Then Peter said unto him, Lord, speakest thou this parable unto us, or even to all?

42And the Lord said, Who then is that faithful and wise steward, whom his lord shall make ruler over his household, to give them their portion of meat in due season?

43Blessed is that servant, whom his lord when he cometh shall find so doing.

44Of a truth I say unto you, that he will make him ruler over all that he hath.

45But and if that servant say in his heart, My lord delayeth his coming; and shall begin to beat the menservants and maidens, and to eat and drink, and to be drunken;

46The lord of that servant will come in a day when he looketh not for him, and at an hour when he is not aware, and will cut him in sunder, and will appoint him his portion with the unbelievers.

47And that servant, which knew his lord's will, and prepared not himself, neither did according to his will, shall be beaten with many stripes.

48But he that knew not, and did commit things worthy of stripes, shall be beaten with few stripes. For unto whomsoever much is given, of him shall be much required: and to whom men have committed much, of him they will ask the more.

49I am come to send fire on the earth; and what will I, if it be already kindled?

50But I have a baptism to be baptized with; and how am I straitened till it be accomplished!

3618. oikodomeó 
Strong's Concordance
oikodomeó: to build a house
Original Word: οἰκοδομέω
Part of Speech: Verb
Transliteration: oikodomeó
Phonetic Spelling: (oy-kod-om-eh'-o)
Definition: to build a house
Usage: I erect a building, build; fig. of the building up of character: I build up, edify, encourage.
HELPS Word-studies
3618 oikodoméō (from 3624 /oíkos, "a house" and domeō, "to build") – properly, to build a house (home, edifice); (figuratively) to edify – literally, "build someone up," helping them to stand (be strong, "sturdy").

3560. noutheteó 
Strong's Concordance
noutheteó: to admonish, exhort
Original Word: νουθετέω
Transliteration: noutheteó
Phonetic Spelling: (noo-thet-eh'-o)
Definition: to admonish, exhort
Usage: I admonish, warn, counsel, exhort.
HELPS Word-studies
3560 nouthetéō (from 3563 /noús, "mind" and 5087 /títhēmi, "to place") – properly, to place the mind, i.e. reasoning with someone by warning (admonishing) them.

3560 /nouthetéō ("admonish through instruction") especially appeals to the mind, supplying doctrinal and spiritual substance (content). This "exerts positive pressure" on someone's logic (reasoning), i.e. urging them to choose (turn to) God's best.

[This root (nouthe-) does not strictly mean "chastise," though this can be involved – i.e. with needed admonishing, correcting, exhortation, etc.]

53 minutes ago, DeighAnn said:

How disappointing, but sheds much light on the 'fruit' 

and as far as

"influencing people by having a respected reputation i.e. one built on a solid "track-record."....

somethings to possibly or possibly not meditate upon

1 Thess 5

8But let us, who are of the day, be sober, putting on the breastplate of faith and love; and for an helmet, the hope of salvation.

9For God hath not appointed us to wrath, but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ,

10Who died for us, that, whether we wake or sleep, we should live together with Him.

11Wherefore comfort yourselves together, and edify one another, even as also ye do.

12And we beseech you, brethren, to know them which labour among you, and are over you in the Lord, and admonish you;

13And to esteem them very highly in love for their work's sake. And be at peace among yourselves.

14Now we exhort you, brethren, warn them that are unruly, comfort the feebleminded, support the weak, be patient toward all men.

15See that none render evil for evil unto any man; but ever follow that which is good, both among yourselves, and to all men.

16Rejoice evermore.

17Pray without ceasing.

18In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.

19Quench not the Spirit.

20Despise not prophesyings.

21Prove all things; hold fast that which is good.

22Abstain from all appearance of evil.

23And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.

and Lk 12

41Then Peter said unto him, Lord, speakest thou this parable unto us, or even to all?

42And the Lord said, Who then is that faithful and wise steward, whom his lord shall make ruler over his household, to give them their portion of meat in due season?

43Blessed is that servant, whom his lord when he cometh shall find so doing.

44Of a truth I say unto you, that he will make him ruler over all that he hath.

45But and if that servant say in his heart, My lord delayeth his coming; and shall begin to beat the menservants and maidens, and to eat and drink, and to be drunken;

46The lord of that servant will come in a day when he looketh not for him, and at an hour when he is not aware, and will cut him in sunder, and will appoint him his portion with the unbelievers.

47And that servant, which knew his lord's will, and prepared not himself, neither did according to his will, shall be beaten with many stripes.

48But he that knew not, and did commit things worthy of stripes, shall be beaten with few stripes. For unto whomsoever much is given, of him shall be much required: and to whom men have committed much, of him they will ask the more.

49I am come to send fire on the earth; and what will I, if it be already kindled?

50But I have a baptism to be baptized with; and how am I straitened till it be accomplished!

3618. oikodomeó 
Strong's Concordance
oikodomeó: to build a house
Original Word: οἰκοδομέω
Transliteration: oikodomeó
Phonetic Spelling: (oy-kod-om-eh'-o)
Definition: to build a house
Usage: I erect a building, build; fig. of the building up of character: I build up, edify, encourage.
HELPS Word-studies
3618 oikodoméō (from 3624 /oíkos, "a house" and domeō, "to build") – properly, to build a house (home, edifice); (figuratively) to edify – literally, "build someone up," helping them to stand (be strong, "sturdy").

3560. noutheteó 
Strong's Concordance
noutheteó: to admonish, exhort
Original Word: νουθετέω
Transliteration: noutheteó
Phonetic Spelling: (noo-thet-eh'-o)
Definition: to admonish, exhort
Usage: I admonish, warn, counsel, exhort.
HELPS Word-studies
3560 nouthetéō (from 3563 /noús, "mind" and 5087 /títhēmi, "to place") – properly, to place the mind, i.e. reasoning with someone by warning (admonishing) them.

3560 /nouthetéō ("admonish through instruction") especially appeals to the mind, supplying doctrinal and spiritual substance (content). This "exerts positive pressure" on someone's logic (reasoning), i.e. urging them to choose (turn to) God's best.

[This root (nouthe-) does not strictly mean "chastise," though this can be involved – i.e. with needed admonishing, correcting, exhortation, etc.]

Let no man “deceive himself.” If any man among you seemeth to be wise in this world, let him “become a fool,” that he “may be wise.”

Isaiah 29:13-14

King James Version

13 Wherefore the Lord said, Forasmuch as this people draw near me with their mouth, and with their lips do honour me, but have removed their heart far from me, and their fear toward me “is taught by the precept of men:”

14 Therefore, behold, I will proceed to do a marvellous work among this people, even a marvellous work and a wonder: for “the wisdom of their wise men shall perish, and the understanding of their prudent men shall be hid.”

Matthew 15:3-9

King James Version

3 But he answered and said unto them, Why do ye also transgress the commandment of God by your tradition?

4 For God commanded, saying, Honour thy father and mother: and, He that curseth father or mother, let him die the death.

5 But ye say, Whosoever shall say to his father or his mother, It is a gift, by whatsoever thou mightest be profited by me;

6 And honour not his father or his mother, he shall be free. Thus have ye made the commandment of God of none effect by your tradition.

7 Ye hypocrites, well did Esaias prophesy of you, (Isaiah 29:13)saying,

8 This people draweth nigh unto me with their mouth, and honoureth me with their lips; but their heart is far from me.

9 But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines “the commandments of men.”(taught by the precept of men..Isaiah 29:13)

Prophecy…

Isaiah 29:14

King James Version

14 Therefore, behold, I will proceed to do a marvellous work among this people, even a marvellous work and a wonder: for the wisdom of their wise men shall perish, and the understanding of their prudent men shall be hid”

1 Corinthians 1:19-21

King James Version

19 For it is written, (Isaiah 29:14) I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent.

20 Where is the wise? where is the scribe? where is the disputer of this world? hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world?

21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe.”

Prophecy….Isaiah 29:14…

At that time Jesus answered and said, I thank thee, O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because thou hast “hid these things from the wise and prudent,”and hast revealed them unto babes.
In that hour Jesus rejoiced in spirit, and said, I thank thee, O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, that thou hast “hid these things from the wise and prudent,” and hast revealed them unto babes: even so, Father; for so it seemed good in thy sight.”