• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  114
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  969
  • Content Per Day:  2.94
  • Days Won:  2

31 minutes ago, Solus Christus said:

Do you mean practicing sin? There is a difference between practicing sin and stumbling in sin:

Anyone born of God refuses to practice sin, because God’s seed abides in him; he cannot go on sinning, because he has been born of God.” (1 John 3:9) 

Practice means to make practice of and get good at it (“practice makes perfect”) and justifying it >saying it’s not sin which is an insult towards Jesus who died for those sins; it’d like saying, nah.. God you didn’t need to die for that. 

But all of us stumble in sin or as it really means in the Greek “missing the mark” like archery at a bullseye, the arrow missing the bullseye. For that there is forgiveness:

And if anyone sins, we have an Advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous. And He Himself is the propitiation for our sins, and not for ours only but also for the whole world.” (1 John 2:1-2)

The issue is the attitude of the heart. A practitioner of sin goes Romans 6 and justifies sin till they reach the final stage of not calling it sin which calls God a liar and tramples on Jesus’ blood and sacrifice. A stumbler in sin or one who sins but confesses the sin, acknowledging Jesus died for it has the right attitude, they missed the mark and ask for forgiveness. 

Tell me, how many times can a virgin commit fornication before she is no longer considered to be a virgin?

For I am jealous over you with godly jealousy: for I have espoused you to one husband, that I may present you as a chaste virgin to Christ”
  • Oy Vey! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  65
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  2,216
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/25/1961

3 hours ago, Stewardofthemystery said:

I don’t know the heart of the man, God knows.  I don’t know if this “believer”is truly born again of the Spirit or not, only God knows.

I personally believe that a lot of Church goers that struggle with sin may think they are born again, but are not.  Which is why they can’t overcome the temptation of sin.

Without being born again of the Spirit no man will be able to overcome sin.

If you believed the first part of what you said you would have never said the 2nd part. The 2nd part is you looking at flesh not the heart. A verse in Heb used many times to cause His Children to stumble or they don't fully understand it. Its verse like this where we need to know just who God was talking to. See in Pauls day after being saved (Jews) they would sin then try to go back and offer a sacrifice for that sin. The sweet sweet holy Spirit said.. there is no more sacrifice for that sin. Christ can not die again and to do this puts Christ to open shame. Things said here.. we think just because we personally believe it.. not lying not misleading.. yet it can cause His kids to stumble. 

There is no sin Christ missed. Some its clear they are not strong in the faith and are still babes in Christ not here to offend. I am secure in my faith. I can boldly say there is no sin I can do that He never died for. That does not mean I can freely go out and sin because He already died for it. Paul talked about this.. remember GOD FORBID! 

We tend to only look at this moment.. so last week when you were strong in the lord..you prayed you studied you were out there witnessing.. then you fall stumble into sin... really struggling to get out. The enemy comes rushing in.. see you were never saved.. if you were you would have never sinned. So we look at GOD as a man that forgets everything yesterday and only this moment is true. No He is out side of time.. there is no sin that has the power to undo what only a GOD made new. No sin causes the new man to vanish.. it can't sin.. that is who you really are not this flesh.

No one here that disagrees with the OP wants to freely sin.. nor stay in some sin.. can be stuck in some sin yet fighting to get out.. its wonderful that some never face this.. most of us do. 

• Thanks 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  316
  • Content Per Day:  1.14
  • Days Won:  3

2 hours ago, Stewardofthemystery said:

Tell me, how many times can a virgin commit fornication before she is no longer considered to be a virgin?

For I am jealous over you with godly jealousy: for I have espoused you to one husband, that I may present you as a chaste virgin to Christ”

You did not even answer my question if you are referring to practicing sin..

Sigh. 

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  114
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  969
  • Content Per Day:  2.94
  • Days Won:  2

5 minutes ago, Solus Christus said:

You did not even answer my question if you are referring to practicing sin..

Sigh. 

He that committeth “sin”is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.

How many sins do you need to commit before you receive the wages of “sin?”

For the wages of “sin”is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.”

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Content Count:  14,242
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

9 hours ago, farouk said:

the Lord as we by His grace keep "looking unto Jesus, the Author and Finisher of our faith" (Hebrews 12.2).

The key is to look unto Jesus, focus on Him and not our problems, just as Peter was able to walk on water as long as he focused on Jesus.

G872   (Thayer)

ἀφοράω. aphoraō

Thayer Definition:  1) to turn the eyes away from other things and fix them on something

G872   (Word Study)

ἀφοράω. aphoráō; contracted aphorṓ, fut. apópsomai, from apó (G575) an intens., and horáō (G3708), to look.

To look away steadfastly or intently toward a distant object. Metaphorically, to behold in the mind, to fix the mind upon (Php 2:23; Heb 12:2).

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 1
  • Thanks 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  6,398
  • Content Per Day:  12.16
  • Days Won:  31

20 hours ago, Willa said:

The key is to look unto Jesus, focus on Him and not our problems, just as Peter was able to walk on water as long as he focused on Jesus.

G872   (Thayer)

ἀφοράω. aphoraō

Thayer Definition:  1) to turn the eyes away from other things and fix them on something

G872   (Word Study)

ἀφοράω. aphoráō; contracted aphorṓ, fut. apópsomai, from apó (G575) an intens., and horáō (G3708), to look.

To look away steadfastly or intently toward a distant object. Metaphorically, to behold in the mind, to fix the mind upon (Php 2:23; Heb 12:2).

@Willa Good post...........

We are not going to be lost then saved then lost again, etc. The key is to keep trusting in faith in the finished work of Christ. Romans 8 is a great encouragement to the true believer.

• This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  1,045
  • Content Per Day:  0.62
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/07/1955

AND  JESUS  TAUGHT 

JAMES 4:16  but now you rejoice in your boastings -- all such boasting is evil--

--4:17--  THEREFORE -- to him that knoweth to do good  -- and doeth it not -- to him it is sin --

PSALM 119:36 incline my heart unto thy testimonies and not to covetousness

EZEKIEL 33:31  and they come unto thee as the people cometh and they sit before thee as  MY  people and --they hear thy words  ---  but  they will not do them  ---  for with their mouth they show much love  ---  but their heart goeth after their covetousness --

PSALM 10:3  for the wicked boasteth of his hearts desire and blesseth the covetous --- whom  THE  LORD  ABHORRETH ---

GOD  KNOWS  THE  HEART 

MATTHEW 15:10  AND  HE  CALLED  THE  MULTITUDE  AND  SAID  UNTO  THEM  ---  HEAR  AND  UNDERSTAND -- 

--15:11--  not that which goeth into the mouth defileth a man  ---  but that which cometh out of the mouth  --- THIS  DEFILETH  A  MAN ---

JOHN 7:16  JESUS answered them and said  ---  MY  doctrine is not mine but  HIS  that sent me 

--7:17-- IF -- any man will do  HIS  will he shall know of the doctrine --- whether it be of  GOD  or whether I speak of myself --

--7:18-- HE  THAT  SPEAKETH  --OF  HIM  SELF  SEEKETH  HIS  OWN  GLORY --- BUT  HE  THAT  SEEKETH  HIS  GLORY  THAT  SENT  HIM  --- THE  SAME  IS  TRUE  AND  NO  UNRIGHTOUSNESS  IS  IN  HIM--

ISAIAH 42:8  I  AM   THE  LORD   that is  MY  name and  MY  glory --- will  I  not give to another --- neither  MY  praise to graven images 

JOHN 6:63  IT  IS  THE  SPIRIT  THAT  QUICKENETH  --THE  FLESH  PROFITETH  NOTHING-- THE  WORDS  THAT  I  SPEAK  UNTO  YOU  ---THEY  ARE  SPIRIT---AND  THEY  ARE  LIFE--

LOVING  THE  LORD  JESUS  CHRIST  

• Thanks 1