Where is the faith?

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  114
  • Topics Per Day:  0.33
  • Content Count:  970
  • Content Per Day:  2.83
  • Days Won:  2

One of the most controversial topics I have found in my internet travels is the topic of being “made free from sin” by the Son of God.  I believe the reason it is so controversial is because it is personal.  It causes one to examine themselves, and this can make people feel uncomfortable because they are still living in sin.  And so they from the position of being a sinner try to defend their position, as they also try to cast doubt on God’s words and Christ’s ability to actually “make you free from sin” by having faith in Jesus Christ.

Many have been taught that you will always sin, so sin we will, and sin we must.  But this is coming from the position of “doubt” because it “doubts” the words of Jesus Christ that the Son can make you free from sin.  And it also “doubts” the words of the apostles that says those who are born of God’s Spirit will no longer live in sin.  This position of “doubt” also rejects the testimony of Paul who also says you can be “made free from sin.”

I have heard many say, well I still sin and I don't know anybody who does not sin.  So basically what they are saying is, God’s words can't be true based on what they see in themselves and in others'own sinful condition.  This of course is not a good practice to judge God’s words to be in error just because of what one sees in others, and also in themselves.  This is not “faith” in what God’s Word says is true, this is called “doubt.”  So how can one be made whole if they “doubt” the words of Jesus Christ?  And is faith believing in what you see?

Oftentimes when Jesus was about to heal someone he would ask, “do you believe?”  And after Jesus saw their faith, he would say “your faith has made you whole”.  So how can anyone ever be made free from sin if they “doubt” the words of the Son of God, who said He can make you free?  Anyone who “doubts” the words of Jesus Christ does not really have faith in Jesus Christ do they?

Many say they believe in the many miracles Jesus performed, they say they believed he raised the dead, they say they believe he healed all manner of disease and infirmities.  They say they believe Jesus cast out devils, and Jesus turned the water into wine, and they say they believe Jesus walked on water, and that Jesus himself was raised from the dead.  But when it comes to believing that Jesus Christ can actually make you free from sin as Jesus said, then enters doubt and they don't believe. 

Do you actually believe the God who made the heavens and the earth, and everything therein cannot make you free from sin?  Has God’s power diminished over time, or is it rather that man’s faith in the healing power of God has been diminished over time?  I believe it is man’s faith in God that has been diminished.

You and I cannot make ourselves a new man in Christ, but God can.  You and I cannot make ourselves free from the bondage of sin, but the Son of God can, and will, if you will only BELIEVE!

Jesus was once asked, who then can be saved?  Jesus replied, with men it is impossible, but with God all things are possible.  So don’t look at yourself and others and say this is not possible.  But look to God and Jesus Christ, who can make all things possible.

Jesus asked the question, will the Son of man find faith when he returns?  So don’t doubt the power of God in Jesus Christ, but have faith!

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  203
  • Topics Per Day:  0.36
  • Content Count:  3,476
  • Content Per Day:  6.17
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  04/01/2024

44 minutes ago, Stewardofthemystery said:

Jesus replied, with men it is impossible, but with God all things are possible.  So don’t look at yourself and others and say this is not possible.  But look to God and Jesus Christ, who can make all things possible.

Jesus asked the question, will the Son of man find faith when he returns?  So don’t doubt the power of God in Jesus Christ, but have faith!

As with everything regarding our faith, it is about looking to and trusting Him!  No one is able of themselves - all we can do is like when the children of Israel were bitten by deadly snakes. Just like it says in the verses right before well-known John 3:16 . . . Look at the Brass Serpent being lifted up and you will live!  That's it and that's all that is needed - just the very act of looking away unto Him is an exercise of faith!

A number that I meet with have for years been considering the question of "Will I find faith on the earth when I return?" I used to look at it as something huge that He was looking for - now I think it's more a matter of whether we were "faithful in a FEW things." (as per Matt 25)

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  743
  • Topics Per Day:  1.33
  • Content Count:  3,893
  • Content Per Day:  6.95
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  02/18/1956

19 hours ago, Stewardofthemystery said:

18 hours ago, Vine Abider said:

A number that I meet with have for years been considering the question of "Will I find faith on the earth when I return?" I used to look at it as something huge that He was looking for - now I think it's more a matter of whether we were "faithful in a FEW things." (as per Matt 25)

A living faith moves us to diligently seek Him,

and work through Him

what is well pleasing in His sight!

Hebrews 11:

6 But without faith it is impossible to please Him, 

for he who comes to God must believe that He is,

and that He is a rewarder of those

who diligently seek Him.

Hebrews 13:21 Make you perfect in every good

work to do his will, working in you

that which is well pleasing in his sight,

through Jesus Christ;

to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen.

Edited by Mr. M
cosmetic
  • Praise God! 1

19 minutes ago, Vine Abider said:

As with everything regarding our faith, it is about looking to and trusting Him!  No one is able of themselves - all we can do is like when the children of Israel were bitten by deadly snakes. Just like it says in the verses right before well-known John 3:16 . . . Look at the Brass Serpent being lifted up and you will live!  That's it and that's all that is needed - just the very act of looking away unto Him is an exercise of faith!

I once witnessed to one of my neighbors about the saving Grace found in Jesus Christ.  My neighbor told me he believed in Jesus, but he said he didn’t believe everything the words of God say is true in the Holy Bible.

I then tried to explain to him how he really didn’t believe in Christ, because he didn’t believe in the Word of God, that speaks “every word”that comes from the mouth of God.

To believe in Jesus Christ is to also believe in every word of God.

But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by “every word”that proceedeth out of the mouth of God
  • Thumbs Up 2

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  203
  • Topics Per Day:  0.36
  • Content Count:  3,476
  • Content Per Day:  6.17
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  04/01/2024

7 minutes ago, Stewardofthemystery said:

To believe in Jesus Christ is to also believe in every word of God.

Yes, as He is the Word become flesh!  "Lord help my unbelief!'

28 minutes ago, TheBlade said:

I believe we must take God at His word so maybe we do the same with people and not add or speculate? " So basically what they are saying ". :) Lets not speak for them. 

I agree with some things you said but no all. Just because some believer might not agree with you about sin does not mean its because they are living in sin. That's something God's not going to reveal to you. 

Its so easy to talk about say "faith". Like going to the Gym ever day you have to work your faith. So speak word of life to them.  

Actually many I have debated over the years confess they are still living in sin, some even confessing they willfully sin all the time.  They argue against the words of Jesus and the apostles about being made free from sin.

Just imagine if after Jesus had said “be ye perfect as your Heavenly Father is perfect” That one of His disciples had replied “not so Jesus, you can’t make us perfect!” 🙈

I think they may have gotten a “ get thee behind me Satan!” Like Jesus did with Peter.

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,245
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

3 hours ago, Stewardofthemystery said:

One of the most controversial topics I have found in my internet travels is the topic of being “made free from sin” by the Son of God. 

I think we should define what sin is to have a discussion of being made free from.

• Thanks 1

• Steward

• Group:  Steward
  • Followers:  110
  • Topic Count:  10,465
  • Topics Per Day:  1.25
  • Content Count:  27,787
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  129
  • Birthday:  09/21/1971

1 hour ago, Stewardofthemystery said:

Just imagine if after Jesus had said “be ye perfect as your Heavenly Father is perfect” That one of His disciples had replied “not so Jesus, you can’t make us perfect!” 🙈

I think they may have gotten a “ get thee behind me Satan!” Like Jesus did with Peter.

The better translation would be "Be ye blameless (complete) as your Heavenly Father is blameless. (complete)"  Just so you know.

A friend of mine wrote an interesting Midrash on this particular passage if you're interested.

@other one  The issue when talking about sin ... is how John addressed it in 1 John.

1Jn 1:7  But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus his Son cleanses us from all sin.
1Jn 1:8  If we say we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.
1Jn 1:9  If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
1Jn 1:10  If we say we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.

Be blessed,

George

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1
  • Well Said! 1
  • Thanks 1

• Followers:  27
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,712
  • Content Per Day:  2.45
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

If your argument is if we are saved then we stop sinning, then we're all going to hell. Because none of us are without sin. 

Even stating we are no longer sinning because we're christians is two sins, the sin of pride and the sin of lying. 

Make that 3 as George pointed out, were calling God a liar. That's a pretty big no no.

We will become sinless once we join Christ in heaven. Until then we are simply forgiven, and that's good enough for me.

After all, can anyone state that God's grace isn't good enough for them?

• Thumbs Up 1