Mike Mclees

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  158
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  1,915
  • Content Per Day:  0.80
  • Days Won:  0

Have you ever wondered How the Lord sees His modern-day church looking down from above being a multitude of systems, orders, denominations, beliefs, ideals, doctrines, and many mixed with worldliness ? How will He know who His true bride is? Will he have a favorite? How will you know which church to attend? This might be the most difficult time of your life. Of course we want the church that makes us feel the most idealistically comfortable. 

Has Christianity become just another religion amongst many? Should we be Catholic or Protestant? Is this not confusion? I Do not believe he will find His bride in any of this, But He will find His bride amongst them. So yes choose your church wisely letting the Holy Spirit be your guide. Know this that we are first His bride personally.  God bless 

Edited by Mike Mclees
  • Loved it! 1

• Mike Mclees changed the title to The valley of confusion

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  3,349
  • Content Per Day:  7.73
  • Days Won:  1

Don't seek out a Church with itching ears, one that tells you what you want to hear to make you feel good about living a prodigal life in place of a righteous one.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  958
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,646
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

1 hour ago, Mike Mclees said:

Have you ever wondered How the Lord sees His modern-day church looking down from above being a multitude of systems, orders, denominations, beliefs, ideals, doctrines, and many mixed with worldliness ? How will He know who His true bride is? Will he have a favorite? How will you know which church to attend? This might be the most difficult time of your life. Of course we want the church that makes us feel the most idealistically comfortable. 

Has Christianity become just another religion amongst many? Should we be Catholic or Protestant? Is this not confusion? I Do not believe he will find His bride in any of this, But He will find His bride amongst them. So yes choose your church wisely letting the Holy Spirit be your guide. Know this that we are first His bride personally.  God bless 

Hi,

Answers to the questions asked:

No.

He knows.

Yes likely he will.

The Holy Spirit has always directed (Me) to the right place for the right time to be there. I expect He always will.

Again no.

When called go. No, it is not confusion.

Yeshua has always known His bride for it was betrothed him by His Father from before the beginning;  it is predestined, foreknown, and He loses not a one given Him by His Father.

I do not select "my" church at all. God does. He has selected local bodies of His Son's church for me through the agency  of God the Holy Spirit.

In short there is no Valley Of Confusion, for me at least, but instead there is a banquet laid out for me to be comforted at and fed well, though I too may  walk in the Valley of the Shadow of death....

No reason exists for me to fear evil, but every reason to rejoice now as well as for the tomorrows to come. 

May God bless you  and many that come here to WCF greatly as well; "Unity  in the majors, liberty in the minors".

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,051
  • Content Per Day:  3.31
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, Mike Mclees said:

I think you have touched a hot issue. A study of the new Testament will show what God wants with His "Ekklesia". I'm going to use that Greek word because in the "Valley of Confusion" some people think  "Church" is a building and  some think it is a "Denomination". Once the facts are examined, I think you will even doubt the validity of a carefully chosen Assembly.

When man started to multiply after the Deluge, he developed his own religion. The result was Babel - which means "confusion"! Let's test and see if man has not taken the Ekklesia and made it a "confusion".

The Ekklesia is a New Creature with no past (2nd Cor.5:17). It knows no race and/or tadition (Gal.3:28, Col.3:11). What then is a - Presbyterian, or a Messianic Jew? Is this not a confusion
- The Ekklesia exists  because a grain of "Wheat" fell into the earth and died (Jn.12:24). That is, its birth is in death, and all its members are IN Christ and CAME OUT of Christ. Every Believer has ONE Head, One Master and One SUPPLY, and was BORN of One Spirit. So, from where do all the exotic names come from? Is this not a confusion?
- The stated way of building up men and women to the standard of Christ in Ephesians 4 is (i) to keep the established UNITY, (ii) receive Gifts from the ascended Lord, (iii)use these gifts to supply what the head has supplied by speaking. In 45 years I have been allowed to speak in less than 6 Assemblies. How will the Ekklesia be built - by rock music?
- God requires that we live by faith. he only gave the Ekklesia THREE SIGNS; (i) Baptism, (ii) The Lord's Commemorative Table, and (head-covering for women when they pray or prophesy in the meeting. All three are energetically resisted
- The Lord gave ONE ASSEMBLY for ONE LOCATION. He promised "Elders" to that LOCALITY. Multiple Houses where to be used as meeting places.     

- One Eldership was required. No Name was given. In the average city of 500,000 plus people, up to 200 Meetings exist, each avoiding the others, and each having it own name and own Elders. The Bible knows ONE Assembly per Locality with One Eldership. The Confusion is COMPLETE!
- But no! Hebrews Chapter 5 going into 6 accuses the Hebrews of immaturity because they still are not settled on the foundational things of the Church and its Head - Jesus. On this Forum nearly no deep things are discussed. The majority of themes are foundational in nature and there are nearly as many opinions as Believers.
- The Ekklesia sets great worth on sound doctrine. Assemblies regularly split because of doctrine. Universities split into multiple universaties. 1st Corinthians Chapter 1 and 3 say that if you split, though you are correct - YOU ARE CARNAL
- In Revelation Chapters 2 and 3, our Lord toured His Ekklesia. Of SEVEN, two are praised and the rest are rebuked. The major sign of the end of the age is APOSTACY in the Church - What a confusion?

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  201
  • Topics Per Day:  0.36
  • Content Count:  3,464
  • Content Per Day:  6.20
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  04/01/2024

2 hours ago, Mike Mclees said:

Your view is shared by a number on here, as I'm sure you know! And there are a few threads related to this going on here now (again, as you may know).

I was lamenting to a close brother the state of the church a while back. This brother listened and then replied, "Do you not think the Lord knew about all this mess we've made when He said He would build His ekklesia? He is well able and sees what we don't - a glorious church without spot or wrinkle!" I realized at that point that I was seeing with my eyes and not my spirit of faith.