IGNORED

Why does the bible says to bury our dead and about cremation ?

grumix8

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.21
  • Days Won:  58

I buried my father last week.

The only thing we knew was what clothes he wanted to be buried in and where he wanted to be buried. No cremation.

The funeral home was helpful and did not try and con us into expensive stuff. 

My personal view is that i want a green burial...always wanted one even before they existed. Embalming is disgusting to me. 

As for burial versus cremation? I do not think it does matters to the Lord. The God who created the universe is quite capable of resurrecting bodies from ashes, dust, seafloor, digested in shark stomachs, blown up, fried in volcanoes etc.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  6,301
  • Content Per Day:  3.64
  • Days Won:  0

8 hours ago, Neighbor said:

We do? Oh no!

BUT the most PERFECT version of ourselves, so don't worry.  

A spiritual body is imperishable.  Right now we live in a corruptible body, on a corrupted earth, with disease and all manner of sin, and all the rest.  NONE of that will be in our next world/age or body.   

AND if you look at ALL THE ANGELS who have ever been sent to the earth they are ALL FAIRLY YOUNG.  I THINK that we will all be around 33, same as the age of Christ when He died, but that stuff is all just speculation so take it with a grain...

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, ayin jade said:

As for burial versus cremation? I do not think it does matters to the Lord. The God who created the universe is quite capable of resurrecting bodies from ashes, dust, seafloor, digested in shark stomachs, blown up, fried in volcanoes etc.

37And that which thou sowest, thou sowest not that body that shall be, but bare grain, it may chance of wheat, or of some other grain:

38But God giveth it a body as it hath pleased him, and to every seed his own body.

When I read 'bare grain' I think strand of DNA. Who knows now?  But we'll see soon. 

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  952
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,573
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

14 minutes ago, DeighAnn said:

BUT the most PERFECT version of ourselves, so don't worry.  

A spiritual body is imperishable.  Right now we live in a corruptible body, on a corrupted earth, with disease and all manner of sin, and all the rest.  NONE of that will be in our next world/age or body.   

AND if you look at ALL THE ANGELS who have ever been sent to the earth they are ALL FAIRLY YOUNG.  I THINK that we will all be around 33, same as the age of Christ when He died, but that stuff is all just speculation so take it with a grain...

Ah I am so relieved, wait age 33, well that wasn't an especially good year either  I went from long hair to oh oh when did I go bald?

All angels that are ever seen are fairly young appearing, huh? The one I especially remember was one that took on the appearance of a man  of some authority in my life, an older man with a voice that commanded respect, perhaps in his 70's or 80's. Some few years after his appearance  I received a little photo from my mother of her stepfather. I had known him simply as Bar, an authoritative man that  loved me, but also was rigid in my obeying him when he guided me as a child.

Yep I was stunned, absolutely stunned, to see the picture in my hand of the angel that had visited me and turned me  about  to Jesus with  serious warning to me.

So all angels that appear seem young?  Well, not based upon my own personal experience.

6 minutes ago, Neighbor said:

Ah I am so relieved, wait age 33, well that wasn't an especially good year either  I went from long hair to oh oh when did I go bald?

All angels that are ever seen are fairly young appearing, huh? The one I especially remember was one that took on the appearance of a man  of some authority in my life, an older man with a voice that commanded respect, perhaps in his 70's or 80's. Some few years after his appearance  I received a little photo from my mother of her stepfather. I had known him simply as Bar, an authoritative man that  loved me, but also was rigid in my obeying him when he guided me as a child.

Yep I was stunned, absolutely stunned, to see the picture in my hand of the angel that had visited me and turned me  about  to Jesus with  serious warning to me.

So all angels that appear seem young?  Well, not based upon my own personal experience.

I must be mistaken.  Please accept my apology.  

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  952
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,573
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

4 hours ago, DeighAnn said:

I must be mistaken.  Please accept my apology.  

No apology needed. I am intrigued by your  post with your thoughts expressed. It also reminded me of just how old I am today and how far back in time it was that I went bald.

Plus  to recall my  joy at being turned about by the Holy Spirit, thanks for tripping my mind back to that amazing to me time. God is awesome!

• Praise God! 2