• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  153
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  5,881
  • Content Per Day:  2.47
  • Days Won:  1

2 hours ago, The Light said:

And you failed to address the harvest in Revelation 14 that shows that the righteous are gathered first. There is more than one harvest as proven by the Word of God.

Jesus said the harvest takes place at the end.Not before then end.

The coming of the son of man will be like the days of Noah when the flood came and took all the weeds away.Those who are saved are left on the earth like Noah was .

I expect some will claim they will be rapture right up to the day they are cast into a fire.

Edited by Shilohsfoal

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,078
  • Content Per Day:  1.11
  • Days Won:  0

3 hours ago, Shilohsfoal said:

Jesus said the harvest takes place at the end.Not before then end.

Which harvest takes place at the end. The rapture of the Church? No, that happens before the seals are opened.

The coming of the son of man will be like the days of Noah when the flood came and took all the weeds away.Those who are saved are left on the earth like Noah was .

Noah was in the ark 6 days before the flood. That should tell you something. 

But the very day Lot left Sodom destruction came. So how did Lot leave BEFORE the destruction?

I expect some will claim they will be rapture right up to the day they are cast into a fire.

I expect 5 foolish virgins will not be ready when the bridegroom arrives.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, The Light said:

Which harvest takes place at the end. The rapture of the Church? No, that happens before the seals are opened.

But the very day Lot left Sodom destruction came. So how did Lot leave BEFORE the destruction?

There you go .

Well,you must not be of the good seed because if you were,you would have to wait till the harvest.

The kingdom of heaven explained.

24 Another parable put he forth unto them, saying, The kingdom of heaven is likened unto a man which sowed good seed in his field:

25 But while men slept, his enemy came and sowed tares among the wheat, and went his way.

26 But when the blade was sprung up, and brought forth fruit, then appeared the tares also.

27 So the servants of the householder came and said unto him, Sir, didst not thou sow good seed in thy field? from whence then hath it tares?

28 He said unto them, An enemy hath done this. The servants said unto him, Wilt thou then that we go and gather them up?

29 But he said, Nay; lest while ye gather up the tares, ye root up also the wheat with them.

30 Let both grow together until the harvest: and in the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, Gather ye together first the tares, and bind them in bundles to burn them: but gather the wheat into my barn.

The wheat gathered into his barn is his church.His gathering,His assembly.

3 hours ago, The Light said:

Jesus talked about all the wicked people being taken away first.Over and over again.

Here he explains how two will be in a field,the wicked are taken away and the righteous left.

37 But as the days of Noah were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

38 For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark,

39 And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

40 Then shall two be in the field; the one shall be taken, and the other left.

41 Two women shall be grinding at the mill; the one shall be taken, and the other left.

It wasn't Noah who knew nothing.It was all the people outside of the ark who knew nothing and were taken away by the flood.Noah and his family  were left on the earth after the wicked were taken away.

Mathew 5:5

Blessed are the meek, for they will inherit the earth.

Hallelujah 

Edited by Shilohsfoal

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,078
  • Content Per Day:  1.11

13 hours ago, Shilohsfoal said:

Jesus talked about all the wicked people being taken away first.Over and over again.

Here he explains how two will be in a field,the wicked are taken away and the righteous left.

37 But as the days of Noah were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

38 For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark,

39 And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

40 Then shall two be in the field; the one shall be taken, and the other left.

41 Two women shall be grinding at the mill; the one shall be taken, and the other left.

It wasn't Noah who knew nothing.It was all the people outside of the ark who knew nothing and were taken away by the flood.Noah and his family  were left on the earth after the wicked were taken away.

Mathew 5:5

Blessed are the meek, for they will inherit the earth.

Hallelujah 

Here comes the flood. You got Noah in the ark and people outside. Who do you think was yelling don't leave me here. Who do you think stayed there and suffered the consequences of the flood waters. Who was safely in the ark, left the surface of the earth, and was taken to clouds higher than the mountains?

When Lot left Sodom and destruction came. Who stayed for the destruction and who was taken out of Sodom?

• Thumbs Up 1

57 minutes ago, The Light said:

Here comes the flood. You got Noah in the ark and people outside. Who do you think was yelling don't leave me here. Who do you think stayed there and suffered the consequences of the flood waters. Who was safely in the ark, left the surface of the earth, and was taken to clouds higher than the mountains?

When Lot left Sodom and destruction came. Who stayed for the destruction and who was taken out of Sodom?

they knew nothing about what would happen until the flood came and took them all away.

Jesus said himself that them who knew nothing were the ones taken away.

Mathew 24:38-39

For in the days before the flood, people were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, up to the day Noah entered the ark;and they knew nothing about what would happen until the flood came and took them all away. That is how it will be at the coming of the Son of Man

Now who are you saying knew nothing about what would happen,Noah?

You honestly believe Noah was ignorant about what was about to happen and the flood came and took him away?

Talk about getting it backward.

It wasn't Noah who was ignorant and it wasn't Noah who was taken away by the flood.Noah continued to live a long life on planet earth after the flood had come and took the wicked people away.

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,331
  • Content Per Day:  2.81

33 minutes ago, Shilohsfoal said:

they knew nothing about what would happen until the flood came and took them all away.

Jesus said himself that them who knew nothing were the ones taken away.

Mathew 24:38-39

For in the days before the flood, people were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, up to the day Noah entered the ark;and they knew nothing about what would happen until the flood came and took them all away. That is how it will be at the coming of the Son of Man

Now who are you saying knew nothing about what would happen,Noah?

You honestly believe Noah was ignorant about what was about to happen and the flood came and took him away?

Talk about getting it backward.

It wasn't Noah who was ignorant and it wasn't Noah who was taken away by the flood.Noah continued to live a long life on planet earth after the flood had come and took the wicked people away.

You are right the ones who despise God will know nothing.

( just like in Noah's time) but the ones who love and follow God have been given signs to look for.

2 hours ago, NConly said:

You are right the ones who despise God will know nothing.

( just like in Noah's time) but the ones who love and follow God have been given signs to look for.

And they which know nothing will be taken away just like the days of Noah

they knew nothing about what would happen until the flood came and took them all away.

Two people will be in a field,one is taken and the other left.Two people working in a mill,one will be taken and the other left.

Just like the days of Noah,it will be those who know nothing that will be taken away.

Not the righteous.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,416
  • Content Per Day:  8.22

On 8/18/2023 at 11:47 AM, Babbler said:

Jesus said he would come on the last day. He is not coming twice. True Christians want to stay to proselytize and lead people to Christ and to save them from the All Consuming Fire. 

The term "last day" can refer to several things.  At the Second Advent, which is at the end of the 7 year Tribulation, that will be the "last day" of normal life, because at His return, all believers will receive resurrection bodies, which are immortal.  And all believers will either reign with, or serve Him in His Millennial Kingdom.  So there will be supernatural events during the MK, given the resurrection bodies of believers.

And He does "come twice".  He came the first time to earth as a baby, to become the Suffering Servant and Savior.  He will come again as King of kings and Lord of lords, at the end of the Tribulation.

Heb 9:28 notes that He will come twice. 

so Christ was sacrificed once to take away the sins of many; and he will appear a second time, not to bear sin, but to bring salvation to those who are waiting for him.

The OP doesn't address the title of this thread, which is whether the rapture occurs or not.  Most evangelicals believe in "the rapture", which refers to Christ coming "in the clouds" in the air with all the dead saints already in heaven and gives them resurrection bodies, and all the living believers on earth will be "changed in the twinkling of the eye", meaning they will also receive immortal glorified bodies.  And then Jesus will take them all back up to heaven.  This supposedly takes place just before the Great Tribulation.

However, there are NO verses that say that Jesus takes resurrected believers anywhere.  It is an assumed idea.  As Heb 9:28 says, Jesus will "come a second time" and that obviously refers to the Second Advent, at the end of the Tribulation.

All NT references to the "coming of Jesus" refers to the Second Advent.  There is no visit between the first and second advents.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  180
  • Content Per Day:  0.13

On 8/23/2023 at 8:47 AM, The Light said:

Oh. That old out context verse when Jesus was praying about the disciples who needed to remain on the earth to deliver the Gospel.

Yeah. Great out of context verse.

John 17:15-20

My prayer is not that you take them out of the world but that you protect them from the evil one.  They are not of the world, even as I am not of it.  Sanctify them by the truth; your word is truth. As you sent me into the world, I have sent them into the world.  For them I sanctify myself, that they too may be truly sanctified My prayer is not for them alone. I pray also for those who will believe in me through their message,

Jesus said, my prayer is not for them alone, meaning more then the twelve. How many more? All who believe in their message, that's all believers

If you don't mind explaining to me how it is taken out of context. I would love to know

• Praise God! 1