• Topic Count:  2,267
  • Topics Per Day:  0.50
  • Content Count:  4,392
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  04/11/1947

Monday 8-21-23 2nd. Day Of The Weekly Cycle, Elul 4 5783, 62nd Summer Day

Continued From:

The basic key to identifying a true Church of God, one which truly follows Christ, is the same key we must use to identify a true "Christian.' They are one and the same.

The apostle Paul made it quite clear in Romans. He wrote, "For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh, they are really primarily concerned about this fleshly existence, but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit. For to be carnally minded is death, but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.

"Because the carnal mind is ENMITY against God; for it is not subject to the LAW of God, neither indeed can be. So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God."

Paul goes on, explaining this mystery, "But ye are NOT in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the SPIRIT OF GOD DWELL IN YOU. Now if any man have not the Spirit of God, he is none of his (Rom.8:5-9).

What is it that SEPARATES the true Christian from a false Christian, or an unbeliever? The Spirit of God!

What is it that SEPARATES a true body of believers and Christians, who comprise a true |Church of God,' from a FALSE Church, one which merely "professes" Christ, and looks righteous on the outside only?

The Spirit of God!

Any Church where the Spirit of God is not in evidence, where it is missing, cannot be a true Church of God! On the other hand, any Church where the true Spirit of God is manifest and in evidence must be a true Church of God!

How, then, can we recognize the Spirit of God?

God's Spirit accomplishes two things in our lives. First, as Jesus said, "And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you forever, even the Spirit of truth" (John 14:16-17). God's Spirit is the Spirit of TRUTH. It is violently opposed to any and all error and will not embrace error! When a person who has God's Spirit comes across error, he will flee from it; he will repent of it and abhor it like a filthy, detestable, abominable thing!

Jesus declared, "Howbeit when he, the Spirit of TRUTH, is come, he will GUIDE YOU INTO ALL TRUTH: for he shall snot speak of himself, but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak; and he will shew you things to come' (John 16:13).

God's Spirit will guide us into truth and out of error. It will open our eyes to understand NEW TRUTH from God. It will reveal to us the hidden, wonderful mysteries locked in the Word of God. And it will reveal to us 'things to come" -- that is, the FUTURE, as we have need to know it!

It will unlock the meaning of hidden Bible prophecies to us -- prophecies in the book of Daniel, Revelation, and the other prophets!

To be continued.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 1

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  22
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  0

They would teach this as the foundation

Acts 3:19-23, “Repent therefore and turn back, for the blotting out of your sins, in order that times of refreshing might come from the presence of the Master, and that He sends יהושע Messiah, pre-appointed for you, whom heaven needs to receive until the times of restoration of all matters, of which the Mighty One spoke through the mouth of all His set-apart prophets since of old. For Mosheh truly said to the fathers, ‘יהוה your Mighty One shall raise up for you a Prophet like me from your brothers. Him you shall hear according to all matters, whatever He says to you. And it shall be that every being who does not hear that Prophet shall be utterly destroyed from among the people.”

Deuteronomy 18:18-19, “I (YHWH) will raise up for them a Prophet (Yahshua/Jesus) like you from among their brothers, and I will put My words in His mouth, and He will tell them everything I command Him. Whoever will not listen to My words, which He speaks in My Name, I will judge him for it.”

"listen" is word #8085 - שָׁמַע
shama` {shaw-mah'}

Brown-Driver-Briggs (Old Testament Hebrew-English Lexicon)
A primitive root; to hear intelligently (often with implication of attention, obedience, etc.; causatively to tell, etc.)

Hebrew Word Study (Transliteration-Pronunciation Etymology & Grammar) - 1) to hear, listen to, obey

Edited by Truth Seeker 71
  • Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  22
  • Content Per Day:  0.08

Here are some words from that one spoken of in Deut 18:18-19

John/Yahanan 8:31, "...If you continue in My doctrine, then you are truly My disciples."

Mat 28:20, “Teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you. And lo, I am with you always, to the end of the age."

Mat 24:35, “Heaven and earth may pass away, but My teachings will not pass away.”

John/Yahanan 14:26, "But the Comforter – the Holy Spirit which YHWH will send in My Name will teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatever I (Yahshua/Jesus) have said to you."

John/Yahanan 6:63, "It is the Spirit that gives life; the flesh is useless. The words (Instructions) that I (Yahshua/Jesus) speak to you, they are Spirit, and they are life everlasting."

John/Yahanan 12:48, "He who rejects Me, and does not follow My words has One Who judges him. The word that I have spoken, the same will be used to judge him in the last day."

John/Yahanan 5:24, "Most certainly I tell you, he who hears my word, and believes him who sent me, has eternal life, and doesn't come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life."

John/Yahanan 5:28-30, “Do not be astonished at this-for the hour is coming in which all who are in the graves will hear His voice, and will come forth. Those who have practiced righteousness will be resurrected in order to live; and those who have practiced wickedness will be resurrected in order to be damned."

Luke 6:46, "And why call Me; Ruler! Ruler! and do not the things which I say?"

Edited by Truth Seeker 71
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  6,301
  • Content Per Day:  3.60

1 hour ago, Walter and Deborah said:

God's Spirit is the Spirit of TRUTH. It is violently opposed to any and all error and will not embrace error! When a person who has God's Spirit comes across error, he will flee from it; he will repent of it and abhor it like a filthy, detestable, abominable thing!

And on some days just makes one very very sad

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  962
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,713
  • Content Per Day:  5.04
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

I suggest that I can be "true" at any church body whatsoever that God leads me to, further that I need not search but instead follow God's leading to where He will have me be.

God uses even that which may be intended as evil for good for those that believe on Yeshua as their Lord, God, and savior.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  68
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  2,235
  • Content Per Day:  1.35
  • Birthday:  03/25/1961

You left out about "error" some treat it like the saying beauty is in the eye of the beholder. It happened here already.

If we make a statement like "Any Church where the Spirit of God is not in evidence, where it is missing, cannot be a true Church of God! On the other hand, any Church where the true Spirit of God is manifest and in evidence must be a true Church of God!"

Then as I have even asked the Father "I need chapter and verse for that". Now what is AWESOME is the Father smiles because I am doing what He told me to do "test every spirit". Then He "always" gives the scripture. 

Now that sweet sweet "holy Spirit" I agree but many do not believe in Luke 11 13 and "have you received the holy Spirit since you believed" and have never asked Him about it.  Those gifts are not flowing yet they say they are the true Church. 

I rather go to Church that is alive where the Holy Spirit can move as He wants where the gifts are freely shown be that Word of Faith or Charismatic, AOG, Pentecostal etc. Now that being said if say a Baptist Church that didn't believe in gifts, speaking in tongues so forth yet Christ find you.. I think that is a true Church for its exactly where He found me. Haha over 50 years later I still have the little book they gave me "The Four Spiritual Laws". I was very young yet I would be made to go by my mom and you knew the holy Spirit was there because I would speak evil I would sit there flip off the pastor. If the sweet sweet holy Spirit was not there then what ever he said was just information just words but oh no they cut like a knife. 

I like what Neighbor said. thank you

Edited by TheBlade
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,302
  • Content Per Day:  1.71

On 8/21/2023 at 11:59 PM, Walter and Deborah said:

The basic key to identifying a true Church of God, one which truly follows Christ, is the same key we must use to identify a true "Christian.' They are one and the same.

Yes one has to compare do there words match their deeds.

Unfortunately it takes time to listen and to see whether this happens.

For a church there are a few hints or signs to look out for.

How welcoming are they  if as a new comer no one or very few people speak to you, that is a sign of a church that is straying from the Bible.

Do they have a visible missionary interest?

What is there interest in local charities?

How willing is the preacher/leadership to answer questions?

Example, an eldership is accused of abusing another child, how would that be dealt with?

What is the ethnic mix of your area, is this reflected  in the church?

The bi gest sign of course is whether the preaching is systematically going through a biblical book.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  6,608
  • Content Per Day:  12.15
  • Days Won:  31

6 hours ago, Who me said:

How welcoming are they  if as a new comer no one or very few people speak to you, that is a sign of a church that is straying from the Bible.

Example, an eldership is accused of abusing another child, how would that be dealt with?

The bi gest sign of course is whether the preaching is systematically going through a biblical book.

I guess another way of summarizing the need for love and faithful doctrine is 'depth'..............

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  2,267
  • Topics Per Day:  0.50
  • Content Count:  4,392
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  04/11/1947

7 hours ago, Who me said:

Hello, Who Me, Amen, Brother, There is but only one true doctrine, which belongs to The Father, and it is called The Church Of God.

Love, Walter And Debbie

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,060
  • Content Per Day:  0.62
  • Birthday:  07/07/1955

NOT  INHERIT  THE  KINGDOM  OF  GOD

GALATIANS 5:19  now the works of the flesh are manifest which are these adultery -- fornication -- uncleanness -- lasciviousness

--5:20--  IDOLATRY -- witchcraft -- hatred -- VARIANCE -- emulations -- wrath -- strife -- seditions -- heresies -- 

--5:21--  envyings -- murders -- drunkenness -- revelings -- and such like of the which I tell you before as I have also told you in time past that ---  they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of  GOD ---

PSALM 119:36  incline my heart unto thy testimonies and not to covetousness 

EZEKIEL 33:31  and they come unto thee as the people cometh and they sit before thee as  MY  people  --- and they hear thy words  ---  BUT  THEY  WILL  NOT  DO  THEM  ---  FOR  WITH  THEIR  MOUTH  THEY  SHOW  MUCH  LOVE  ---  BUT  THEIR  HEART  GOETH  AFTER  THEIR  COVETOUSNESS ---

EPHESIANS 5:5  for this you know that no whoremonger  ---  nor unclean person  ---  NOR  COVETOUS  MAN   *** WHO  IS  AN  IDOLATER***  hath any inheritance in the kingdom of  CHRIST  AND  OF  GOD ---

GALATIANS 1:10 for do I now persuade men or  GOD  or do I seek to please men for if I yet pleased men I should not be the servant of  --CHRIST--

--1:11-- but I certify you brethren that the gospel which was preached of me is not after men

MARK 8:35  for whosoever will save his life shall lose it but whosoever shall lose his life ---  FOR  MY  SAKE  AND  THE  GOSPELS  THE  SAME  SHALL  SAVE  IT ---

--8:36-- for what shall it profit a man if he shall gain the world and lose his own soul

--8:37-- or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul

--8:38--  whosoever therefore shall be ashamed of  ME  and  MY  words in this adulterous and sinful generation  ---  of him also shall the  SON  OF  MAN  be ashamed when he cometh in the glory of   HIS   FATHER   with the holy angels

JOHN 6:63   it is the spirit that quickeneth the flesh profiteth nothing the words that I speak unto you  ---  they are spirit and they are life  ---

JOHN 5:34  but I receive not testimony  --from man--  BUT  THESE  THINGS  I  SAY  THAT  YOU  MIGHT  BE  SAVED 

LOVING  THE  LORD  JESUS  CHRIST