• Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,499
  • Content Per Day:  1.46
  • Days Won:  0

1 minute ago, enoob57 said:

You will when His Word is fulfilled...
Isa 65:17, 1Cor 13:8, Rev 21:1-5

The only control satan has is this world and the things within it... that is why God has done as Scripture says He will do...

Traditions were handed down by the Apostles..... Botth in word of mouth, and written.

2 Thes. 2:13 But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth:
14  Whereunto he called you by our gospel, to the obtaining of the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ.
15  Therefore, brethren, stand fast, and hold the traditions which ye have been taught, whether by word, or our epistle.

The Quartodeciman was one such issue. Traditions handed down. It was not about the Sabbath day, it was not about real presence, and not real presence. It was about when to break the fast concerning the feast of Passover.

Quartodecimanism was mainly popular in Asia Minor, Jerusalem and Syria,

Polycrates emphatically stated that he was following the tradition passed down to him:

We observe the exact day; neither adding, nor taking away. For in Asia also great lights have fallen asleep, which shall rise again on the day of the Lord's coming ... Among these are Philip, one of the twelve apostles, who fell asleep in Hierapolis; and his two aged virgin daughters, and another daughter, who lived in the Holy Spirit and now rests at Ephesus; and, moreover, John, who was both a witness and a teacher, who reclined upon the bosom of the Lord, and, being a priest, wore the sacerdotal plate. All these observed the fourteenth day of the Passover according to the Gospel, deviating in no respect, but following the rule of faith. And I also, Polycrates, the least of you all, do according to the tradition of my relatives, some of whom I have closely followed. For seven of my relatives were bishops; and I am the eighth. And my relatives always observed the day when the people put away the leaven. I, therefore, brethren, who have lived sixty-five years in the Lord, and have met with the brethren throughout the world, and have gone through every Holy Scripture, am not affrighted by terrifying words. For those greater than I have said 'We ought to obey God rather than man.'

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,434
  • Content Per Day:  8.00
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

In the formation of Scripture till the finish of said Scripture that of Revelation in which now what is written is sealed... there is no further Revelatory Scripture from God

Rev 22:18-19

18 For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book:

19 And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.
KJV

Nowhere does it say this of traditions of men but of Scripture itself

2 Tim 3:15-17

15 And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.

16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

17 That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.
KJV

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7

2 minutes ago, enoob57 said:

In the formation of Scripture till the finish of said Scripture that of Revelation in which now what is written is sealed... there is no further Revelatory Scripture from God

Thess. is just that.

2 Th 2:15  Therefore, brethren, stand fast, and hold the traditions which ye have been taught, whether by word, or our epistle.

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,434
  • Content Per Day:  8.00
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

1 hour ago, Anne2 said:

Thess. is just that.

2 Th 2:15  Therefore, brethren, stand fast, and hold the traditions which ye have been taught, whether by word, or our epistle.

As the New Testament was being formed at the writing of this -(context)- at that time: whether by Word as the message of the Gospel was being preached and the Scripture was being formed by letter circulated among the churches... To use it as further communications as to the tradition as continually coming is to pull it from proper context and grammatically committing eisegesis upon the passage... Look it's really simple to understand God's intention upon this:

2 Tim 3:15-17

15 And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.

16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

17 That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.
KJV
clearly God has put forth the medium upon which man shall rely, grow, and complete himself... to lead people toward the traditions apart from Scripture is to join oneself against God's intended medium (Scripture) and place tradition of man to trust equally as Scripture! All that is necessary to find God's voice in this is to read John 17...

• Group:  Non-Trinitarian
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  222
  • Content Per Day:  0.17

4 hours ago, Anne2 said:

Traditions were handed down by the Apostles..... Botth in word of mouth, and written.

2 Thes. 2:13 But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth:
14  Whereunto he called you by our gospel, to the obtaining of the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ.
15  Therefore, brethren, stand fast, and hold the traditions which ye have been taught, whether by word, or our epistle.

The Quartodeciman was one such issue. Traditions handed down. It was not about the Sabbath day, it was not about real presence, and not real presence. It was about when to break the fast concerning the feast of Passover.

Hi What real presence? That which works in those yoked with Christ believers ?

It became about traditions 2 kinds  . . Satan would make it all one in the same .

But no man can serve two teaching masters .

Tradition whether of dying mankind men earthly inspired of the devil  or  like rain inspired from above of eternal God .

Those who followed the traditions of dying mankind called a law of father" I heard it through the fathers grapevine" as oral tradition

Gods tradition as a written law not subject to change by the oral traditions of men. 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7

3 hours ago, garee said:

Hi What real presence? That which works in those yoked with Christ believers ?

It became about traditions 2 kinds  . . Satan would make it all one in the same .

But no man can serve two teaching masters .

Tradition whether of dying mankind men earthly inspired of the devil  or  like rain inspired from above of eternal God .

Those who followed the traditions of dying mankind called a law of father" I heard it through the fathers grapevine" as oral tradition

Gods tradition as a written law not subject to change by the oral traditions of men. 

The thing with tradition in the time of Christ, they were attempting to make it law. Usurping the authority of the high priest as judges. We calling it law from the bench, from activist Judges today. Instead of adjudicating law from the legislature, they make law in the lower courts. Of course it it makes it to the supreme court their decisions get overturned. Nothing was law without the consent of the high priest. The Sadducees and Pharisees could not agree, these disagreements were disputable matters, which were neither illegal, nor settled as law.

Deut 17:8 If there arise a matter too hard for thee in judgment, between blood and blood, between plea and plea, and between stroke and stroke, being matters of controversy within thy gates: then shalt thou arise, and get thee up into the place which the LORD thy God shall choose;
9  And thou shalt come unto the priests the Levites, and unto the judge that shall be in those days, and enquire; and they shall shew thee the sentence of judgment:
10  And thou shalt do according to the sentence <06310> , which they of that place which the LORD shall choose shall shew thee; and thou shalt observe to do according to all that they inform thee:

11  According to the sentence,<06310> of the law which they shall teach thee, and according to the judgment which they shall tell thee, thou shalt do: thou shalt not decline from the sentence which they shall shew thee, to the right hand, nor to the left.
12  And the man that will do presumptuously, and will not hearken unto the priest that standeth to minister there before the LORD thy God, or unto the judge, even that man shall die: and thou shalt put away the evil from Israel.
13  And all the people shall hear, and fear, and do no more presumptuously.

#6310 in verse 10 and 11 is literally "mouth", hence oral. This was the seat of Moses.

After the temple was destroyed, and Rome established the Sanhedrin at Yavneh, it was made up of the Pharisees, not priests. That is when their traditions became called oral law.

The priests were involved in all the courts. From lowest to highest

Deut 21: 5  And the priests the sons of Levi shall come near; for them the LORD thy God hath chosen to minister unto him, and to bless in the name of the LORD; and by their word shall every controversy and every stroke be tried

Edited by Anne2

• Group:  Non-Trinitarian
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  222
  • Content Per Day:  0.17

7 hours ago, Anne2 said:

The thing with tradition in the time of Christ, they were attempting to make it law. Usurping the authority of the high priest as judges. We calling it law from the bench, from activist Judges today. Instead of adjudicating law from the legislature, they make law in the lower courts. Of course it it makes it to the supreme court their decisions get overturned. Nothing was law without the consent of the high priest. The Sadducees and Pharisees could not agree, these disagreements were disputable matters, which were neither illegal, nor settled as law.

Deut 17:8 If there arise a matter too hard for thee in judgment, between blood and blood, between plea and plea, and between stroke and stroke, being matters of controversy within thy gates: then shalt thou arise, and get thee up into the place which the LORD thy God shall choose;
9  And thou shalt come unto the priests the Levites, and unto the judge that shall be in those days, and enquire; and they shall shew thee the sentence of judgment:
10  And thou shalt do according to the sentence <06310> , which they of that place which the LORD shall choose shall shew thee; and thou shalt observe to do according to all that they inform thee:

11  According to the sentence,<06310> of the law which they shall teach thee, and according to the judgment which they shall tell thee, thou shalt do: thou shalt not decline from the sentence which they shall shew thee, to the right hand, nor to the left.
12  And the man that will do presumptuously, and will not hearken unto the priest that standeth to minister there before the LORD thy God, or unto the judge, even that man shall die: and thou shalt put away the evil from Israel.
13  And all the people shall hear, and fear, and do no more presumptuously.

#6310 in verse 10 and 11 is literally "mouth", hence oral. This was the seat of Moses.

After the temple was destroyed, and Rome established the Sanhedrin at Yavneh, it was made up of the Pharisees, not priests. That is when their traditions became called oral law.

The priests were involved in all the courts. From lowest to highest

Deut 21: 5  And the priests the sons of Levi shall come near; for them the LORD thy God hath chosen to minister unto him, and to bless in the name of the LORD; and by their word shall every controversy and every stroke be tried

The time of Christ the anointing Holy Spirit of God begins in Genesis. "Let there be" 

I think you meant the 33  year time period the son of man Jesus performed the will of the father.

Oral traditions that make the written tradition of God. .  the letter of the the law as it is written to no effect ."Did God really say you will surely die"  

Christ is the high priest  the Pharisees with Sadducees made the word of God (letter of the law to no effect  Same kind of deception coming fr0m the father of lies as in the Garden "Did God say"???

The seat of Moses is founded on the written law (God's living word )which Christ teaches us according to the judgment revealed, thou shall do: thou shalt not decline from the written sentence which they shall show as it is written.

From my experience many desire to make it about Moses and the not that which is used as the a written law or called the letter of the law   

Peter is deceived again and again in that way of walking by sight after the things seen and not after the unseen things of God coming from a Pharisee Sadducee background.

Just being reinstated from denying Christ 3 times .

Peter got his jealous eyes off Christ who worked in Jesus. . . in effect saying "what about me" . You said you loved me ??

Then Peter went to town and spread another lie as a oral traditons  of men (I heard it through the grapevine) .

jesu reveled the lie and said If every time he had to rebuke a lie of the evil one as a oral tradition of men we would need a bigger world to hold the volumes upon volumes  .

One example,  as it is written I would think would be enough . Looks like John had no problem .

Wonder why John is not the man the Catholic build their faith on? Why our brother in the Lord Peter?  

John 21:22-25 Jesus saith unto him, If I will that he tarry till I come, what is that to thee? follow thou me. Then went this saying abroad among the brethren, that that disciple should not die: yet Jesus said not unto him, He shall not die; but, If I will that he tarry till I come, what is that to thee? This is the disciple which testifieth of these things, and wrote these things: and we know that his testimony is true. And there are also many other things which Jesus did, the which, if they should be written every one, I suppose that even the world itself could not contain the books that should be written. Amen.

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  279
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  13,128
  • Content Per Day:  9.64
  • Days Won:  149

The Difficult Sayings Of Jesus- Please. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  7,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  3

On 9/5/2023 at 6:30 PM, Starise said:

Here is a more complete text from Matthew 5. This was about adultery.

Adultery

27 “You have heard that it was said, ‘You shall not commit adultery.’[e] 28 But I tell you that anyone who looks at a woman lustfully has already committed adultery with her in his heart. 29 If your right eye causes you to stumble, gouge it out and throw it away. It is better for you to lose one part of your body than for your whole body to be thrown into hell. 30 And if your right hand causes you to stumble, cut it off and throw it away. It is better for you to lose one part of your body than for your whole body to go into hell.

@Starise, The words above in Matthew 5:29,30 are not a truth copy of the words of Jesus. 

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  279
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  13,128
  • Content Per Day:  9.64
  • Days Won:  149

51 minutes ago, Your closest friendnt said:

@Starise, The words above in Matthew 5:29,30 are not a truth copy of the words of Jesus. 

Please post the version you are reading, so we can compare.