IGNORED

Is praying to other saints considered a form of idolatry?

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  10
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0

I will end the topic with this

When we pray to [Mary], we are adhering with her to the plan of the Father, who sends his Son to save all men. Like the beloved disciple we welcome Jesus’ mother into our homes, for she has become the mother of all the living. We can pray with and to her - The Catechism of the Roman Catholic Church.

That's what they believe.

But the Bible says this : “There is one God and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus” - 1 Timothy 2:5.

I didn't find anywhere in the Bible that mentions anyone asking someone in heaven to pray for him or her.

There is not explained how can saints hear our prayers when god is the only one omnipresent.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,499
  • Content Per Day:  1.47

26 minutes ago, Tony17 said:

I will end the topic with this

When we pray to [Mary], we are adhering with her to the plan of the Father, who sends his Son to save all men. Like the beloved disciple we welcome Jesus’ mother into our homes, for she has become the mother of all the living. We can pray with and to her - The Catechism of the Roman Catholic Church.

That's what they believe.

But the Bible says this : “There is one God and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus” - 1 Timothy 2:5.

I didn't find anywhere in the Bible that mentions anyone asking someone in heaven to pray for him or her.

There is not explained how can saints hear our prayers when god is the only one omnipresent.

They ask her to pray for them.

To quote

"Holy Mary pray for our sinners now, and at the hour of our death."

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  431
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Birthday:  08/31/1950

5 hours ago, Tony17 said:

I'm not catholic but I stumbled upon many articles regarding whether praying to Mary and other saints is an act of idolatry. Some say yes and some say no. Matthew 4:10 says "Worship the Lord your God, and serve him only." Doesn't this mean praying to saints is idolatry?

quite frankly,yes,

the dead in Christ (saints) sleep,they cannot hear or see you that includes mary. we are asked by God to make all our requests and petitions to Him.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  300
  • Content Per Day:  0.18

Tony, you apparently are unaware of the biblical basis cited by Catholics for prayer to deceased saints.  Do you even want to learn what this evidence is?

Are deceased saints still members of the Body of Christ?  If so, why assume that they can no longer pray for us in response to our request that they do so?  That doesn't make them "mediators" in any sense different from our intercessory prayers, now does it?

A Catholic told me his wife had congestive heart failure.  So he took her to the tomb of a saint in Italy and asked for prayer for her healing and the requested miraculous healing occurred!  So, Tony, have you or any evangelical you know experienced healing of congestive heart failure in response to prayer?

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Content Count:  1,027
  • Content Per Day:  4.47

12 hours ago, Tony17 said:

I'm not catholic but I stumbled upon many articles regarding whether praying to Mary and other saints is an act of idolatry. Some say yes and some say no. Matthew 4:10 says "Worship the Lord your God, and serve him only." Doesn't this mean praying to saints is idolatry?

Yes, it's not only idolatry but it's also necromancy (occult activity) which the Lord says is grievous sin.

And since demons are answering back rather than the departed souls, one opens themself up to demonic oppression or even demonic possession when trying to contact the dead (those that have died physically and have been separated from this world)

• Thumbs Up 3

10 hours ago, JimmyB said:

Jesus told His disciples to pray directly to God.  “This, then, is how you should pray: “‘Our Father in heaven, hallowed be your name..." Matthew 6:9.

Exactly!

Some folks just don't follow Jesus.

9 hours ago, Anne2 said:

"Holy Mary pray for our sinners now, and at the hour of our death."

That's occult activity to try and talk to mary or anyone that has passed from this life and is no longer on earth.

This opens the door to demonic activity of those that engage in doing this.... which actually explains a lot about catholics.

I have family members that converted to catholicism and they are as nutty as one can get.  Freaky deaky!

6 hours ago, Deadworm said:

Tony, you apparently are unaware of the biblical basis cited by Catholics for prayer to deceased saints.  Do you even want to learn what this evidence is?

Are deceased saints still members of the Body of Christ?  If so, why assume that they can no longer pray for us in response to our request that they do so?  That doesn't make them "mediators" in any sense different from our intercessory prayers, now does it?

A Catholic told me his wife had congestive heart failure.  So he took her to the tomb of a saint in Italy and asked for prayer for her healing and the requested miraculous healing occurred!  So, Tony, have you or any evangelical you know experienced healing of congestive heart failure in response to prayer?

You do know demons do signs and wonders for the purpose of deceiving people to keep them on the wrong track right?

Please show in God's Word where Jesus and/or His Apostles taught us to pray to the dead (those that have passed from this life)

The reason you cannot find this in scripture is because the Lord and His Apostles never once taught this because it simply is NOT of God.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  3,349
  • Content Per Day:  7.63
  • Days Won:  1

When I was a little boy I was in a Catholic church once with my aunt (scary, scary place).  From what I remember about it there were statues and such all over the place and people would bow down and pray to them.

It seemed strange to me and somewhat mysterious at the time but I was just a little boy then.

Now that I'm an adult and look back on it, the second commandment comes to mind.

• Thumbs Up 2

You had more spiritual sense as a little boy than many adults do right now!

That would have been the Holy Spirit letting you know that place was freaky and not right.