• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,267
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

On 9/8/2023 at 5:01 AM, Starise said:

19 hours ago, Sower said:

Noah "Hutch" W. Hutchings (Southwest Radio Church)

Hutchings became well known in Christian communication circles for his in-depth books, commentaries, and radio programs on Bible prophecy. He always opened each radio program with the tagline,

“God Is Still on the Throne, and Prayer Changes Things.”

He is and they do.

I would like to add one more verse, Starise, to your list of prayer verses if that's OK.

And this is the confidence that we have toward him,
that if we ask anything according to his will he hears us.

And if we know that he hears us in whatever we ask, we know that we have the requests that we have asked of him.

Thanks, Starise

I would like to add one more verse to your list that I saw in another thread.

"But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him"

A promise worth noting!...:)

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Worthy Ministers

20 hours ago, Marathoner said:

My girlfriend came into the living room with a terrified look on her face. "God is calling you!," she cried out. "God is calling you! I'm going to lose you!", and she ran out of the room weeping. 

She was right on both accounts.

Awesome testimony, Marathoner, and so cool how God works, and his timing.
I wondered about your girl friend, did she ever come to the knowledge of the gospel?

Great reply..

On 9/6/2023 at 8:07 PM, Marilyn C said:

I have always believed in God, being brought up in a Christian home, however, when I was a teenager I went forward to the front in a Billy Graham Crusade. This however was more head knowledge and it wasn`t till in my late 20`s that I really gave my heart to the Lord in earnest. 

I was similar being raised for 30 yrs in the RCC with much head knowledge, yet lost for never hearing the TRUE gospel, then in my early 30's hearing a gospel verse that was planted in my heart/mind. At the same day my wife received the light also, and we were watered by faithful believers and God's salvation mercy prevailed. Great start in our marriage/life as young believers together. Thanks Marilyn for your testimony...
Perhaps viewers/seekers will get curious and be drawn by the word.

"The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance"        2 Peter 3:9

repentance; an event in which an individual attains a divinely provided new understanding of their behavior and feels compelled to change that behavior and begin a new relationship with God.            (Heb 6:1; Acts 20:21).

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  72
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,258
  • Content Per Day:  7.09
  • Days Won:  99

1 hour ago, Sower said:

Awesome testimony, Marathoner, and so cool how God works, and his timing.
I wondered about your girl friend, did she ever come to the knowledge of the gospel?

Great reply..

I have no idea. 

• Thanks 1

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  279
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  13,108
  • Content Per Day:  9.69
  • Days Won:  149

On 9/10/2023 at 4:59 PM, Sower said:

"But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him"

Thanks @Sower

What do you think the rewards are?

TBH, Jesus is enough of a reward for me.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  267
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,225
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

7 hours ago, Starise said:

Thanks @Sower

So true Sower,

However, you may not have realised that the `crowns` one receives from the Lord working through us, are the very ones we give to Him. How would we feel if we had NOTHING to give back to Him.

`The 24 elders fall down before Him who sits on the throne and worship Him who lives forever and ever, and cast their crowns before the throne...` (Rev. 4: 10)

• Thumbs Up 1

On 9/12/2023 at 12:26 PM, Starise said:
On 9/10/2023 at 3:59 PM, Sower said:

Thanks @Sower

If I receive anything from God for my actions stated in that verse above, they will be very good,  beyond my understanding. God's ways are not man's ways.

Think on the verse. It says I must believe, BY FAITH, that HE IS, and that I must also BELIEVE   HE REWARDS those that diligently SEEK HIM.    I DO. 

Therefore;

Yes I am also very grateful for my existence, my salvation, my family and their salvation. Thank you Jesus. Yes, that is a given, and would be more than I deserve. But I also believe God desires to show his love for us, to interact with us as any father does with his children, watching them receive of his 'gifts', his rewards and blessings, that he wants/expects us to . It is all throughout scripture where he proclaims it, and I receive joy in knowing that all I do receive comes from above.
And so much I cannot understand why so much favor.

Read proverbs and see so often where it says, "if we do this, then God will do that"
We reap what we sow, and-but, God also chastizes those whom he loves.
Blessings and rewards for our actions :unsure:  (Maybe the best rewards, ya think?)
And for me (also) to be honest, I always look forward to my abba's expressions of  love, however he decides what would be best for a reward/blessing, a true blessing.
Yet even scripture says God blesses those who simply obey him, who blesses others, who love him, who blesses Israel, etc.   So many blessings.

Yet I cannot understand why, why such great favor, a sinner like me.
I exist. Thank you Lord. God died that I might live. Thank you Lord. I have been blessed with children and their spouses and grand children, believers all. Thank you God, though art always, worthy to be praised.

. Proverbs 17, 1 was my first purposed to memorize verse;...

"Better a dry crust with peace and quiet than a house full of feasting, with strife"

The greatest blessing/reward may be having to do without. Can be losing a job, or a friend. And unknown to me, in some future there is a better job with greater opportunities, a new Christian friend with better influence, having to pick up and move our home and then finding a church where we found our first spiritual family, and  have been there for over 40+ yrs.  You never know till years later how God has blessed us mightily.

It's the little things, the true blessings/rewards, that actually are the biggest rewards, that affect the every day mindset of being,   being,   in the joy in/with the spirit of God, moment to moment. My health, home and happiness, yes, happiness, our family of believers all with health and homes with indoor plumbing and running water, with full bellies, worshiping in the open our God whom we believe, in a country with freedom and liberty. God has blessed America!

So, what do I think the rewards are? Anything and every thing that is GOOD!

"Every good and perfect gift is from above,

coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights,

who does not change like shifting shadows"!

I'm the richest man I know.
                        (I'm bragging on my Abba:) again...

Thanks Starise, and please excuse the delay, had to pass on some blessings.
  They keep piling up.

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,322
  • Content Per Day:  7.99
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

We ask things sometimes amiss... knowing the truth leads us to waiting upon The Lord:
1 Corinthians 2:9 (KJV)

[9] But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.

• Thumbs Up 1