• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  88
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,276
  • Content Per Day:  0.61
  • Days Won:  0

Just now, Sparks said:

I feel sad about people believing that evolution theory is true without evidence.  The current understanding evolution theory is a misunderstanding.  Smart people who are blinded.

Yes, but understand, that information is only relevant to Christians. It is pointless to approach a non-believer with this angle. The Bible is to them as the Koran is to you. No argument will convince. People only listen to what they consider authoritative. The Gospel must reach them first. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,031
  • Content Per Day:  1.31
  • Days Won:  3

2 minutes ago, Sparks said:

I am not sure. People just go with the background hum.  Its a type of hypnosis being broadcast from all angles, to the point that people accept evolution theory without really ever looking into it, or questioning it.  They do what the crowd does, and the crowd is usually not thinking.

With that I completely agree. Well said.

BTW, that's why I'm not a fan of pure democracy, AKA mobocracy.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  28
  • Content Count:  6,163
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  8

Just now, Scott Free said:

Yes, but understand, that information is only relevant to Christians. It is pointless to approach a non-believer with this angle. The Bible is to them as the Koran is to you. No argument will convince. People only listen to what they consider authoritative. The Gospel must reach them first. 

You act a if evolution theory is valid, and we Christians are just missing the point because we are not smart enough to understand it's complexity.

In reality, anyone who looks into evolution theory at any depth sees its a dud.  Why not do that, yourself?

17 minutes ago, Still Alive said:

It always cracks me up when someone defends their position with phrases like "we know so much more in modern times".

Yeah, after the transfiguration of the resurrection all of us now will look like a bunch of Neanderthals sharpening rocks and sticks. Even the Bible will be relieved as primitive and elementary. No one has cause to boast.

Edited by Scott Free
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Sparks said:

Electronics has a real evolution, powered by intelligent design.

I see your point. For simplicity it can be said electronics appeared spontaneously from our imagination. The reality is all the materials and possesses where already present on the earth. It took intelligence to mold it onto a form useful to our will.  

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  3,031
  • Content Per Day:  1.31
  • Days Won:  3

49 minutes ago, Sparks said:

You act a if evolution theory is valid, and we Christians are just missing the point because we are not smart enough to understand it's complexity.

In reality, anyone who looks into evolution theory at any depth sees its a dud.  Why not do that, yourself?

When I used to argue this stuff a lot I used to say the problem with evolution is for them, life is like space aliens seeing a '57 chevy rusting away in a field, and saying the rust is what created it. The car is vastly simpler than even a single cell, yet we know it was created because we know the creator (man). It would be preposterous to say the tubes in the radio evolved from rust. Of course, if you don't know or believe in the creator, it's all you got.

Edited by Still Alive
  • Thumbs Up 1

16 hours ago, RV_Wizard said:

God provides us with what we need to know.  He explained the origin of the universe around us and of our origins as humans.  Jesus had all the answers and He assured us that the Scriptures were accurate

Well, we can take away from the Bible that the Earth is a flat table held up by columns or suspended under a dome of water. How about the giant leviathan that resides in the sea? Do you teach these things as well? If not, why?

Edited by Scott Free

• Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  28
  • Content Count:  6,163
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  8

42 minutes ago, Scott Free said:

I see your point. For simplicity it can be said electronics appeared spontaneously from our imagination. The reality is all the materials and possesses where already present on the earth. It took intelligence to mold it onto a form useful to our will.  

I think a better point is that electronics didn't evolve on it's own and that 'evolution,' in this case, simply describes the betterment of technology as the inventors find better methods and solutions.  Unlike evolution theory, electronics improves over time because intelligence is behind it.

I notice you make various points, but never really answer questions.

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  41
  • Content Count:  6,636
  • Content Per Day:  1.07
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/28/1957

1 hour ago, Sparks said:

If you have countered me in some way, bravo.  But I admit, I am not following your post, especially when you post in other languages.  It's also TL;DR, but thanks for the post.

If you don't think the passage from Romans works, I don't know what to say.  It worked for me and many others, as in millions.  :emot-nod:

Shalom, Sparks.

I'll keep this short, then. It amounts to two things:

First, "salvation" and "saved" are the wrong words. The words we should focus on are "God's justification" of an individual. THAT is how the Bible authors refer to the process of reconciling man with God.

Second, "salvation" is actually referring to God's RESCUE of His people, primarily the children of Israel, including the Jews (the children of Judah), and the "remnant" from all peoples. He will perform this RESCUE through His Messiah ("Christ") to be King, Yeeshuwa` ("Jesus") from Natsareth, the Heir Apparent of David when He is sent back.

• Interesting! 1

Just now, Sparks said:

I notice you make various points, but never really answer questions.

Yeah, this thread is a way for me to formulate a response to non-believers who are told to accept the creation stories as literal as condition of faith for salvation. This is a safe place to get positive feed back. Still a work in progress.