IGNORED

What makes an atheist so confident in his knowledge and why they are so passionate in shattering someone's faith in GOD

Tony17

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,027
  • Content Per Day:  4.41
  • Days Won:  0

5 hours ago, com7fy8 said:

if he or she claims to be an "atheist" . . . for all I know, the person is lying!

I've done that with people where I tell them "nah, you're not an atheist... you just think you are because the enemy of your should is bring thoughts to your mind in the first person that says I'm an atheist"

4 hours ago, com7fy8 said:

You have been sure of things that have been proven wrong . . . right? Why were you so confident?

Because they would like to see Jesus... you know, down at the coffee shop or someplace where they can sit down and talk to Him in person like they would with anybody else.

That's the only "proof" many will accept.  Many of these folks have had bad experiences with fake christians who did them dirty so that's one of the main excuses for not believing in God since many of their children live like the devil...

This is a pretty compelling excuse because one would think that if Jesus is real then why do those that claim to be followers of Jesus living in sin?  (the usual suspects doing this, such as the OSAS people, the reformed theology people, and of course the catholics)

It would help greatly if those calming to be Christians and are still living in sin to not go around telling people they are Christians because they really aren't and they are bringing reproach upon the Lord and the Body of Christ.

For many of these atheists it's hard to see the for for all the trees.

Edited by Stan Murff

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  3,349
  • Content Per Day:  7.58
  • Days Won:  1

9 minutes ago, Stan Murff said:

Because they would like to see Jesus... you know, down at the coffee shop or someplace where they can sit down and talk to Him in person like they would with anybody else.

That brings to mind the movie The Encounter.

Some will accept, some will reject, some will live and others die.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  41
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  873
  • Content Per Day:  0.45

"What makes an atheist so confident . . . ?

Well, if I find out a preacher is fake . . . and if I'm looking for an excuse - -

But what if I find out my money is counterfeit? I might not be willing to accept that any and all money is fake, just because I got some :) After all, I might want to believe there is real money which I can use to do what I want >

Money has no conscience. So, I can be quite willing to believe in real money, in spite of the counterfeits; but I can be very ready to welcome an excuse to believe there is no real Christianity which has better values than I do.

Some people have the ability to find the fakes, so they can have their excuse. 

Also, a real Christian can be quiet (1 Peter 3:4), peaceful and kind to everyone . . . someone an atheist can't use for pleasures and political agendas. And that quietness might seem boring and lonely.

The atheist can deeply fear being quiet, because loneliness and boredom and depression can attack and molest the person while he or she starts to get quiet. There is no safety and rest in quiet without Jesus Christ's almighty peace to guard and keep a person. But with Jesus caring for us and teaching us >

"you will find rest for your souls." (in Matthew 11:28-30)

And God's love is more quiet and gentle and perfectly pleasant than human infatuation and romantic pleasures . . . not at all boring and lonely.

So, if God has not proven Himself in a person . . . fakes can seem like pretty good evidence and excuses for someone to do as he or she pleases.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  962
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,716
  • Content Per Day:  5.04
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

4 hours ago, com7fy8 said:

The atheist can deeply fear being quiet, because loneliness and boredom and depression can attack and molest the person while he or she starts to get quiet. There is no safety and rest in quiet without Jesus Christ's almighty peace to guard and keep a person. But with Jesus caring for us and teaching us >

Sure there is quiet and rest and peace among atheists. It's a whole lot easier as an atheist to be at peace than it is for a Christian having been called by God into His service.  

To not know of  any such thing as spiritual warfare is an ignorance that is  bless. Being Christian is a whole lot of work that  the atheist has no part in and can instead rest day after day, in quiet, unaware of the labor of Christianity for those called into service in the army of Jesus. While the yoke of Christ may be light it is a yoke. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  418
  • Content Per Day:  0.20

On 9/1/2023 at 1:31 PM, Tony17 said:

We know atheists don't believe in god and the bible clearly tells us not to argue with a fool, but today I decided to look online for the reasons why they don't believe in GOD.

Here is a line of reasoning that we could use in helping others (like the agnostics) reach a conclusion . You could first ask: Did the universe have a beginning? Most would agree that it did. Then ask: Was that beginning without any cause, or was it caused? Most people sense that the beginning of the universe was caused. This leads to the final question: Was the beginning caused by some thing eternal or by some One eternal? With the issues thus presented clearly and logically, many can be led to conclude: There must be a Creator! That being so, should not meaning in life be possible?

Do some of you other simple ways to reason with agnostics or atheists?

26 minutes ago, BibleStudent100 said:

Here is a line of reasoning that we could use in helping others (like the agnostics) reach a conclusion . You could first ask: Did the universe have a beginning? Most would agree that it did. Then ask: Was that beginning without any cause, or was it caused? Most people sense that the beginning of the universe was caused. This leads to the final question: Was the beginning caused by some thing eternal or by some One eternal? With the issues thus presented clearly and logically, many can be led to conclude: There must be a Creator! That being so, should not meaning in life be possible?

Do some of you other simple ways to reason with agnostics or atheists?

Hi, While that may lead  to evolution various theories and the beginning of earth and galaxies being perhaps some 15 billion or more years ago, I do not see where it shares of Jesus the creator of all that has been created. Seems to lack definition of God, leaving open any and all theories of gods.

Seems to me one might as well simply declare the gospel of Jesus outright, knowing that some plant, some tend, and some will be part of the harvesting, but that it is God alone that opens the eyes, the mind and spirit to awareness of God, Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.

Make the gospel presentation simply and pray to God for the awakening the removal of the scales before the atheist's eyes. 

It might be that an awakening will never happen in one's presence, or it maybe that awakening will occur often in one's presence. For that is of God and of God's will and timing alone.

I suggest that there is no failure in any presentation of the gospel of Jesus, there is only  both the privilege and duty to present it.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  279
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  13,127
  • Content Per Day:  9.65
  • Days Won:  149

1 hour ago, Neighbor said:

I suggest that there is no failure in any presentation of the gospel of Jesus, there is only  both the privilege and duty to present it.

I wholeheartedly agree, but there's a lot of sadness over words that condemn instead of words that save, even though they are the same words.  I don't want to be the guy mentioned when that person who persisted in finding reason to doubt right up until death is brought forward. My hope is the words the Father gives us have the opposite result.  God's salvation is wonderful unless it is rejected.That's the part of this I hate.

It can be doubly difficult to reason with anyone who's entire family is atheist, and who is steeped in atheist/humanist/naturalist thought. 

Really all the arguments used generally get us nowhere because they think they have something substantial to make claims on. These battles are not lost or won ever, they just go on and on, unless a person who insists there is no God or a supernatural gets a wake up call of some kind, and that's up to God because when a person chooses to close God off, God might honor that choice for good, and this is what they think they want.

• Interesting! 1

3 minutes ago, Starise said:

Really all the arguments used generally get us nowhere because they think they have something substantial to make claims on. These battles are not lost or won ever, they just go on and on, unless a person who insists there is no God or a supernatural gets a wake up call of some kind, and that's up to God because when a person chooses to close God off, God might honor that choice for good, and this is what they think they want.

While each encounter may seem not to go anywhere, I  suggest it is not a stalemate at all. I say that as an atheist turned about, by God, who now remembers all those individuals that tried to share of Jesus' gospel message with me personally. Several of them were long dead by the time God answered the prayers of many of them.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  279
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  13,127
  • Content Per Day:  9.65
  • Days Won:  149

22 minutes ago, Neighbor said:

While each encounter may seem not to go anywhere, I  suggest it is not a stalemate at all. I say that as an atheist turned about, by God, who now remembers all those individuals that tried to share of Jesus' gospel message with me personally. Several of them were long dead by the time God answered the prayers of many of them.

In the end though, was it talking with these people, or was it God reaching in to you? Apparently you didn't care to listen to any of those people for a long time. It seems to be that only in looking back at those you spoke with do you remember their input at all.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  418
  • Content Per Day:  0.20

1 hour ago, Neighbor said:

eems to me one might as well simply declare the gospel of Jesus outright, knowing that some plant, some tend, and some will be part of the harvesting, but that it is God alone that opens the eyes

Amen, brother!