• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  279
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  13,083
  • Content Per Day:  9.76
  • Days Won:  149

14 minutes ago, Scott Free said:

By the way, Adam is compared to Jesus not Lazarus. Jesus did not just pop out of the ground to an unsuspecting audience. He was a special birth designed to create a new race of beings.

This has a spiritual connotation.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,027
  • Content Per Day:  4.78
  • Days Won:  0

12 hours ago, Scott Free said:

Just plopping everything down ready made seems kind of lazy. 

I never heard the Lord being described as lazy before!

Since He's all powerful and all knowing, I doubt he needs to exercise.

• Well Said! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  88
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,276
  • Content Per Day:  0.62

1 minute ago, Stan Murff said:

I never heard the Lord being described as lazy before!

Since He's all powerful and all knowing, I doubt he needs to exercise.

lol

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  268
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Birthday:  10/27/1990

I mean for me twisting the genesis account to fit what modern scientists say, btw today now having a very clear bias, is unwise. Bible says it happened in days it happened in days. The scientists have to be mistaken, whether it is a genuine mistake or willfull clouding of the truth is anyone's guess.

Edited by Mozart's Starling
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  1,027
  • Content Per Day:  4.78

It's possible that it just looks like it took billions of years because that's how long it takes for it all to come together.... and then the Lord decided "meh, I'll just do this in a few days instead"

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  85
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Birthday:  03/24/1981

Hey @Scott Free,

Really appreciate your post, and your attempt at re-interpretation of Genesis 1. However, I have to disagree with your post, because the passages about the days of creation in Genesis 1 are actually pretty specific, and clearly at variance, in their specifics, with the known geological timescales of the fossil record.

Let me give you some examples:

On 9/9/2023 at 4:16 PM, Scott Free said:

3) Water world forming volcanic plates(algae/flora created, plate tectonics begin).

The actual text describing the third day of creation is as follows:

11 Then God said, “Let the land produce vegetation: seed-bearing plants and trees on the land that bear fruit with seed in it, according to their various kinds.” And it was so. 

Genesis 12 goes on to say that God did this. Note the words "seed-bearing". Seeds start to appear in the fossil record about 350 million years ago. This would overlap massively with Days 4 and 5.

In short, I think your explanation neither follows the actual text in the bible, nor adequately explains how it can be harmonised with what we know about nature in the fossil record.

4) The clearing of the atmosphere(second light - carbon capture by algae and tectonics, carbon cycle begins)

This clearly started far, far before seed-bearing plants. However, let's look at the text itself from the Bible:

And God said, “Let there be lights in the vault of the sky to separate the day from the night, and let them serve as signs to mark sacred times, and days and years,  and let them be lights in the vault of the sky to give light on the earth.” And it was so.  God made two great lights—the greater light to govern the day and the lesser light to govern the night. He also made the stars.  God set them in the vault of the sky to give light on the earth,  to govern the day and the night, and to separate light from darkness. And God saw that it was good.

It sure sounds like this was the creation of the Moon (far before the clearing of earth's atmosphere.) For the avoidance of doubt though, the oxygenisation of the atmosphere was ~2.5Bn years ago, long before there were trees on land (400MYa). Indeed, it would have had to have been before there were trees on land - trees don't respire with Methane!

5) Aquatic life and dinosaurs are created

Again, let's look at the bible text here:

And God said, “Let the water teem with living creatures, and let birds fly above the earth across the vault of the sky.”  So God created the great creatures of the sea and every living thing with which the water teems and that moves about in it, according to their kinds, and every winged bird according to its kind.

This would take us 150Mya - when the earliest fossil birds appear - as a minimum. But if you count cetaceans as living creatures in the water, it would take up to around 60MYa.

1 hour ago, IgnatioDeLoyola said:

However, I have to disagree with your post

Thanks, for the information. I have been waiting for someone to respond like that. God seems to be viewing the ultimate potential, not the actual process employed to achieve it. While, our ability to have an accurate view is beyond our present capabilities. The faith expressed toward God's agency is more important than the minutia of the creation scheme devised.

Edited by Scott Free

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  271
  • Content Per Day:  0.39
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, Scott Free said:

the actual process employed to achieve it. While, our ability to have an accurate view is beyond our present capabilities.

Science is incapable of ever knowing what process was responsible for the history of life of earth.   It's impossible to ever know and it will therefore be forever a mystery.  Science can't even be certain about WHAT happened, let alone know HOW it happened. 

1 hour ago, Buzzard3 said:

Science is incapable of ever knowing what process was responsible for the history of life of earth.   It's impossible to ever know and it will therefore be forever a mystery.  Science can't even be certain about WHAT happened, let alone know HOW it happened. 

Exactly, scientific conjecture has to be verifiable, opposed to ours which is faith based. What is important is that we put our faith in God. While avoiding thinking that the Bible's authority is at stake because a perception differs from or own. We are told not to be quarrelsome. Have confidence, we do not need their validation.

Edited by Scott Free
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  271
  • Content Per Day:  0.39
  • Days Won:  1

25 minutes ago, Scott Free said:

scientific conjecture has to be verifiable

A lot of evolutionists state that it's a FACT that the history of life on earth proceeded according to the neo-Darwinian theory of evolution.  They can't prove that it's a fact, but that doesn't stop them claiming that it is.  It's that sort of disingenuous nonsense that has led me to view evolution science with a great deal of suspicion.