• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  3,349
  • Content Per Day:  7.90
  • Days Won:  1

7 minutes ago, Retrobyter said:

I don't know ....... Biden gets lost walking down the sidewalk!

I doubt Biden is the one actually calling the shots, someone is telling him what to do and when to do it.

Not to say he doesn't absolutely believe in what he's doing, just that he really isn't the one making the decisions about what he does and when.

That's what makes the war situation so serious and unpredictable, no one knows what the interests of those really in charge are.

That;s how it looks to me, I could be wrong.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,594
  • Content Per Day:  1.07
  • Birthday:  10/28/1957

40 minutes ago, Slibhin said:

If only childish insults could in some way affect reality.

Shalom, Slibhin.

No, no childish insult. I've seen the video!

37 minutes ago, Slibhin said:

If only childish insults could in some way affect reality.

Slibhin, that's actually kind of true.

He's often seen, and caught on video, of wandering off aimlessly and needing to have someone catch him and direct him to where he should be going.

He's at an age and physical condition where his mental faculties are deteriorating significantly and very noticeably.

Good to see you posting, may your day be filled with joy.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,209
  • Content Per Day:  0.38
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/10/1947

2 hours ago, FJK said:

I doubt Biden is the one actually calling the shots, someone is telling him what to do and when to do it.

Not to say he doesn't absolutely believe in what he's doing, just that he really isn't the one making the decisions about what he does and when.

That's what makes the war situation so serious and unpredictable, no one knows what the interests of those really in charge are.

That;s how it looks to me, I could be wrong.

I agree with you entirely.   

Personal experience has taught me not to trust our government about ANYTHING.

Exactly WHO is pulling Biden's strings is a matter of which I am not informed.   Unfortunately the situation isn't unpredictable, not unpredictable at all - at least as far as American involvement is concerned.  It's very predictable.

THE ONLY solution we seem to have for foreign affairs is to throw money or bullets at the problem.  We've been doing that since 1945 and have lost EVERY war since that time.  It doesn't work, but our leaders in Washington never "get it".

I once served in the Navy.  While I don't have much interest in the Ukraine affair I am deeply concerned about those who go down to the sea in our ships.  I know what it's like to be miles from home at sea with enemy missiles aimed at your ship.  It's not a movie.  It's not fun.  I don't want any of our boys to die in a conflict that could be avoided by peaceful means.  The situation makes me sick.  THIS IS NOT A GAME.

I note that certain persons with limited appreciation of things like to quote scripture to address serious matters.  The LAST THING the US government worries about is scripture quoting religious fanatics.   Our own citizens are on the back burner, our own future is at stake AND ONE THING I'VE LEARNED is that Bible thumping people rarely lend a physical hand to correct things gone wrong.  

This is not to say God can't speak encouragement through His Word.  He certainly does, but reiteration of verses won't solve problems.   Sooner or later one has to roll up one's sleeves and WORK it out.

None of these scripture quoting people seem to have a grasp on the importance of PEACE, global peace, international peace, domestic peace and peace with our fellow man as well as peace with God.  All they can do is babble.   They drive me nuts because of all men they are the least able to appreciate reality and God's hand in it.

that's me, hollering from the choir loft...

Edited by choir loft
  • Well Said! 1

Guest AFlameOfFire
On 9/23/2023 at 7:39 AM, FJK said:

War is never predictable, either in its timing or in its outcome.

Yeah, Jesus said there will be wars and rumors of the same. So both should be expected.

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  4,264
  • Content Per Day:  2.93

2 hours ago, FJK said:

Slibhin, that's actually kind of true.

He's often seen, and caught on video, of wandering off aimlessly and needing to have someone catch him and direct him to where he should be going.

He's at an age and physical condition where his mental faculties are deteriorating significantly and very noticeably.

Good to see you posting, may your day be filled with joy.

Trump is not looking much better. He seems to be losing his mind as well. Both of these guys should be put to pasture.

6 minutes ago, teddyv said:

Trump is not looking much better. He seems to be losing his mind as well. Both of these guys should be put to pasture.

We have a great choice of candidates for times such as these, don't we?

Personally I don't think it will make much real difference in outcomes, we have entered times where events will be driving men rather than men driving events.  The road we take may seem different, but the destination we arrive at will be the same.

Guest AFlameOfFire
19 hours ago, The_Patriot21 said:

Why is this not in the conspiracy section.... because that is where it belongs. 

Oooh china's gonna invade. We're gonna run out of toilet paper (again) blah blah blah.

Oh yeah, and I have no real sources I can share so your just gonna have to take my word for it.

Yeah...I'll believe it when I see it. Meanwhile I'm not going to go out and fear buy. Because you know what, first off I trust God.

Second off a wise person keeps a few extras on hand at all times just to be safe. If you don't then your part of the program, because even if this is true everyone waiting until the last minute to buy stuff like toilet paper, will just make a disaster worse.

And we know  Jesus said that there will be wars and rumors of wars, and things can be tight in those times as we have seen in the past. I agree that its always good to have at least have a stash of the very basics (at least)

I am glad I stocked up on Celtic sea salt (did you catch the prices of Celtic sea salt over at Amazon)? 1 pound of it is over $50, starts at $62 a pound, $77 a pound, and $89 a pound. Just for Sea salt. (Not the stripped, Morton salt with added iodine)

At first I had thought, wow, I had only paid $6 a pound for it when I last purchased it a couple of years ago. I purchased over 5 pounds of it (for even less than that). You can buy 5 pounds of it today at the more discounted price of  $200 . 

When preparing for hyperinflation folks do not need to panic buy, but gradually set aside the basics before they cannot get them affordably any more. There is something more permanent (or rather long lasting) in a hyperinflation scenario, then a virus or some war. No nation wants to become Venezuela 2.0 either.

And at first I thought, maybe this is hyperinflation? With this Sea salt thing, afterall, we know thats a very real possibility with all the printing of money. But I think could have assumed wrong.  The high prices (from what I heard and makes some sense) as far as the Celtic sea salt goes as to why that was flying off the shelves in huge amounts (in Japan even) pertains more to the nuclear waste dump into the ocean. It began just prior to Japan releasing its treated radioactive waste water from that Fukushima plant incident into the ocean. 

Salt is good to have, and if its like the only thing you have in store for taste, or for minerals something like Celtic sea salt is good to have put away before its infused with that nuclear waste water. I believe the people of Japan have stocked up. 

I use Redmonds real salt which is supposed to be from some ancient bed more then that one, and if people begin to step back from sea salt because of the waste water dump, I would think the price of that too will end up rising to accomade everyone.

I will admit, if I had living children I could add our stash of toilet paper into our will, so my children could leave it to my grandchildren Haha

@AFlameOfFire, what makes Celtic sea salt different, and presumably better, than other sea salts?

Guest AFlameOfFire
3 hours ago, FJK said:

@AFlameOfFire, what makes Celtic sea salt different, and presumably better, than other sea salts?

Its just the brand I use, I do have various brands of them. Ever do a taste test between salts? The taste of Celtic sea salt is more preferable to me, even the wetness of it is kind of cool. I have Himalayan salt also but that has this grit in it that just doesn't dissolve and so I do not prefer that salt. Its like they left sand in with the salt or something. We make homemade electrolytes and drink  a shot glass of it and its "grit city" (gross). These salts are supposed to have more minerals than the typical Morton's table salt with added iodine, but who really knows? Never had it tested to prove the claims to tell.

I do alot of homemade cooking, and a lot of recipes will tell you not to use salt with iodine in it (or tap water also) for whatever each reason is. So I just don't, but I don't question everything as I ought to maybe, but if I did so I would never have time for more important things.

For the most part we use Redmonds salt, looks like pink himalayan but there is no grit left in it like the other one, so I do like it better. I just do not prefer Mortons salt (at all). I grew up on it, and while growing up I never really tasted anything outside of what I was familiar with, but now that I have I don't prefer that salt anymore.

Edited by AFlameOfFire