IGNORED

12 Reasons I Know that I am Eternally Secure (I am a Child of God)!

Vine Abider

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  349
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,505
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

50 minutes ago, Ray12614 said:

This does help. I have heard about the 69th and 70th week, but, never had looked into it. I will now, and I believe you have pointed me in the right direction.

Thank you for your direction regarding this and other issues at hand in our current times we live in.

grace and Peace . . . 

Ray . . . 

Addendum: No events or signs will precede the church's Rapture; theologians call this "the doctrine of imminency." The apostle Paul indicated he thought it could occur during his lifetime by using the personal pronoun "we."

1 Thessalonians 4:17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

Many prophetic scriptures point to the nearness of the seven-year Tribulation. Few Christians would debate that the Tribulation is not close at hand, based on how the world will be at the end of this age, with events and alignments staging (a convergence of everything prophetic in our generation never before seen).

Therefore, if one holds a pretribulation view as I do, our snatching away precedes the Tribulation, yes, escapism.

Revelation 3:10 Because thou hast kept the word of my patience, I also will keep thee from the hour of temptation, which shall come upon all the world, to try them that dwell upon the earth.

We cannot know the day or hour but can see the season and nearness. Imagine what a glorious day this will be:

1 Thessalonians 4:16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:

Every generation has looked forward to this. We have every reason to believe the glorious appearance of our Savior will happen in our lifetime.

“Caught up together with them in the clouds.” The secular world will not see through these clouds, the Lord will be masked. The world will wonder where millions disappeared. I have wondered if the entire world will be cloud-covered at this event. Or, will it be Christ’s Shekhinah glory as other biblical examples?

• This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,027
  • Content Per Day:  4.54
  • Days Won:  0

16 hours ago, Jaydub said:

Kinda sounds like Catholics purgatory

That's what they are teaching now and it's false doctrine!

If it's true, then we can all enjoy the pleasures of life... spend a little time in sinners jail, then spend the rest of eternity with Jesus!

This kind of false doctrine has the same effect as teaching annihilationism which is, why bother living for the Lord in the first place?

Clearly, the devil is behind both of these false doctrines as neither are supported by scripture.  

Edited by Stan Murff

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  202
  • Topics Per Day:  0.36
  • Content Count:  3,473
  • Content Per Day:  6.19
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  04/01/2024

5 hours ago, Stan Murff said:

That's what they are teaching now and it's false doctrine!

If it's true, then we can all enjoy the pleasures of life... spend a little time in sinners jail, then spend the rest of eternity with Jesus!

This kind of false doctrine has the same effect as teaching annihilationism which is, why bother living for the Lord in the first place?

Clearly, the devil is behind both of these false doctrines as neither are supported by scripture.  

Not true (as it applies to this conversation).  Please address my last post to you.

• Thumbs Up 1

17 hours ago, Vine Abider said:

"And throw the worthless slave into the outer darkness; in that place there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth."  Matt 25:30

You probably see that as hell, but I see it as a result of judgement for the children of God (he was an unfaithful servant), just like in 1st Corinthians 3:15 where everything they've done is burnt up, but they themselves are saved.

When the future gets here, we'll see that is not what the Lord is doing with those who live in sin claiming to be Christians.

See, you do actually believe it doesn't matter if one lives in sin which is what all this purgatory business is about... giving someone opportunity to atone for their own sins after leaving this life which is works based and not taught in scripture.

Ignoring the whole counsel of the Lord is how error comes forth and is a trick of the devil.  So, good luck with all that!  Spoiler alert... it does not end well.

Meanwhile, you have a right to your opinion based on a select few scripture as cherry pickers do to advocate for their eisgesis.

Edited by Stan Murff

3 minutes ago, Stan Murff said:

When the future gets here, we'll see that is not what the Lord is doing with those who live in sin claiming to be Christians.

Good luck with all that... meanwhile, you have a right to your opinion based on a select few scripture as cherry pickers do to advocate for their eisgesis.

Ignoring the whole counsel of the Lord is how error comes forth and is a trick of the devil.  So, good luck with all that!  Spoiler alert... it does not end well.

There we go again with the "cherry picking" ad hominin accusation.  Remember the Lord said to remove the log in our own eye first.

So do you think the stance of possibly loosing one's salvation, after becoming a born-again child of God, is one that has a lot of fear to it?

6 minutes ago, Vine Abider said:

There we go again with the "cherry picking" ad hominin accusation. 

Lots of folks are ignoring all the things the Lord said about salvation in His Word explaining away things that don't fit with their preconceived ideas.

You have every right to form your opinion based on a select few verses.  It's a free country so have the right to believe whatever it is you'd like to believe!

I won't be joining in with you in these beliefs for obvious reasons...

6 minutes ago, Stan Murff said:

You have every right to form your opinion based on a select few verses.  It's a free country so have the right to believe whatever it is you'd like to believe!

I won't be joining in with you in these beliefs for obvious reasons...

It's interesting in that I see you are doing that . . .

1 minute ago, Vine Abider said:

It's interesting in that I see you are doing that . . .

You are free to believe whatever it is you'd like to believe.

2 minutes ago, Stan Murff said:

You are free to believe whatever it is you'd like to believe.

Yup!  And as per the elephant parable, I doubt any of us has a complete grasp on the whole salvation issue.

Yeah and purgatory is false doctrine not supported by God's Word!  If it were possible for man to atone for his own sin, Jesus would not have been sent to the Cross at all.

Yer not thinking on converting to catholicism are you?

It's even easier to get out of sin over there, just say a couple of hail marys and throw a few dollars in the offering plate to cover the expense of one's "indulgences" which is what the catholics call rebellion unto the Lord.

Back in my partying days, I knew drug addicts and dealers that were catholic and they knew they were doing wrong, but they believed in error that they could spend a little time in "sinners jail" (purgatory) to pay for their sins and "mother mary" would instruct Jesus to let them in to Heaven after they paid paid their dues.

satan loves this sort of teaching! 

Edited by Stan Murff