IGNORED

12 Reasons I Know that I am Eternally Secure (I am a Child of God)!

Vine Abider

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,027
  • Content Per Day:  4.56
  • Days Won:  0

Matthew 24:13
he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved

I wonder what Jesus thinks of what He said being considered untrue??? :noidea:

Will be saved is what the Lord is speaking of here... if we are going to be in the group that "will be saved" then we'd better heed His warning and endure unto the end!

Edited by Stan Murff
  • Oy Vey! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  72
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,238
  • Content Per Day:  7.09
  • Days Won:  99

Salvation, sanctification, and deliverance. That's how I look at it, @Vine Abider.

We were saved when we came to Jesus Christ.

We are being sanctified, conformed to His image by the Spirit of the Lord from glory to glory, entering His kingdom through much tribulation and the fiery trial. We are being saved.

We are delivered from this body which is perishing when our appointed time has come. One might say that we will be saved from the corruptible.

Just my thoughts. :)

• Well Said! 1
  • Thanks 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,309
  • Content Per Day:  7.99
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

1 John 5:11 (KJV)

[11] And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son.

[12] He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life.

[13] These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God;

that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and

image.png.bf3461288543dbb76003cbec6a456ab7.png  image.png.207238e0521289169ec2f717de7653d6.png

The GREEK PERFECT is understood as:
the type of action is viewed as a whole which is concluded, not as on-going or as an analysis of its particulars.
(from Wheeler's Greek Syntax Notes, Copyright © 1985-2002 by Rev. Dale M. Wheeler, Ph.D. All rights reserved. Used by Permission.)

that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.

We can know because God cannot lie... so when people say we cannot know just tell them what God has said...

• Well Said! 2
  • Thanks 1

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  202
  • Topics Per Day:  0.36
  • Content Count:  3,472
  • Content Per Day:  6.19
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  04/01/2024

2 hours ago, Stan Murff said:

None of us are saved yet... only those that have passed from this life and are currently in the presence of the Lord are actually saved cause they made it!

For clarification, this verse in Matthew 24:13 is in the midst of Jesus' speaking about the great tribulation.  Those that persevere in that period will be saved.

2 hours ago, Vine Abider said:

Too far and not true.   This is missing a very clear concept of progressive salvation in the New Testament - we have been saved; we are being saved; and we will be saved.

"For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God —  not by works, so that no one can boast."  Ephesians 2:8-9

Will be saved is what the Lord is speaking of here... if we are going to be in the group that "will be saved" then we'd better heed His warning and endure unto the end!

Of course this was referring to what you said: "None of us are saved yet... only those that have passed from this life and are currently in the presence of the Lord are actually saved cause they made it!"

And you didn't address this verse: "For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God —  not by works, so that no one can boast."  Ephesians 2:8-9

2 hours ago, Marathoner said:

Salvation, sanctification, and deliverance. That's how I look at it, @Vine Abider.

We are being sanctified, conformed to His image by the Spirit of the Lord from glory to glory, entering His kingdom through much tribulation and the fiery trial. We are being saved.

We are delivered from this body which is perishing when our appointed time has come. One might say that we will be saved from the corruptible.

Just my thoughts. :)

Marathoner has well said! The more complete view . . .

Edited by Vine Abider
Added comment on Matt 24 verse
  • Thanks 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  72
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,238
  • Content Per Day:  7.09
  • Days Won:  99

"Who are you to judge the servant of another? To his own master he stands or falls; and he will stand, for the Lord is able to make him stand." (Romans 14:4 NASB)

The entire chapter is worth reading. Just as well,

"Do not slander a slave to his master, or he will curse you and you will be found guilty." (Proverbs 30:10 NASB)

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  271
  • Content Per Day:  0.38
  • Days Won:  1

50 minutes ago, Stan Murff said:

None of us are saved yet... only those that have passed from this life and are currently in the presence of the Lord are actually saved cause they made it!

Exactly.  Whenever the NT says "you are saved", it doesn't mean the Lord has sent you an irrevocable ticket to Heaven - it merely means you've boarded the train and have begun the journey to salvation.  Many people board that same train but get off before it reaches its final destination.

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  271
  • Content Per Day:  0.38
  • Days Won:  1

22 minutes ago, Marathoner said:

When you come to Christ you receive the hope of being saved.  You are saved only after you die, are judged by Christ and then granted eternal life.

6 hours ago, Buzzard3 said:

How do you know that you yourself have been "sealed" by the Holy Spirit?

If you know you've been "sealed" by the Holy Spirit, when did that happen?   At what point did you move from unsealed (so to speak) to sealed?

Great question!  When I cried out to Him in the pit of despair about 50 years ago, and His Spirit flooded me with various miraculous manifestations . . . and I was immediately brought into sweet fellowship with Him.

A couple verses, that are hopefully helpful:

In Him you also trusted, after you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation; in whom also, having believed, you were sealed with the Holy Spirit of promise  Ephesians 1:13

By this, love is perfected with us, so that we may have confidence in the day of judgment; because as He is, we also are in this world. 1 John 4:17

How about you?

• Thumbs Up 1

54 minutes ago, Buzzard3 said:

Exactly.  Whenever the NT says "you are saved", it doesn't mean the Lord has sent you an irrevocable ticket to Heaven - it merely means you've boarded the train and have begun the journey to salvation.  Many people board that same train but get off before it reaches its final destination.

A train is an okay analogy, but not as good as what scripture gives us regarding our salvation, which is shown as a matter of life and relationship to living things:  Seeds, plants & trees growing, birth, children, Father, etc.

47 minutes ago, Buzzard3 said:

When you come to Christ you receive the hope of being saved.  You are saved only after you die, are judged by Christ and then granted eternal life.

You may have missed the sharing of this verse: "For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God —  not by works, so that no one can boast."  Ephesians 2:8-9

Here's a short article on the subject of this ongoing salvation, found here:https://depree.org/you-have-been-saved-past-present-and-future/

Let me illustrate this by pointing to my own life experience. My salvation was earned in the past when Christ died for me on the cross. I received this salvation by faith when I went forward at a Billy Graham crusade in 1963. That also happened in the past. At that time, as a six-year-old boy, I had assurance that I would be saved in the future. But that is not the whole story. For the past fifty-five years, God has been graciously allowing me to experience more of his salvation as he has been bringing me into greater wholeness. Thus, I am able to say with gratitude that I was saved. I will be saved. I am saved. And I have been saved. You can say the same things about yourself if you are in Christ. Hallelujah!

Edited by Vine Abider
Added a response to "train"
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,049
  • Content Per Day:  1.61
  • Days Won:  0

What you are teaching is salvation by works, which scripture repeatedly condemns. If I am required to endure to the end, then I can boast about how I kept my own salvation. Then its NOT Christ alone, its Christ PLUS my own effort.