IGNORED

12 Reasons I Know that I am Eternally Secure (I am a Child of God)!

Vine Abider

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,027
  • Content Per Day:  4.56
  • Days Won:  0

16 minutes ago, Sower said:

As for re saved no, there is none of that

One doesn't get "re-saved" per say after having turned away from the Lord due to sin which causes them to become corrupt.

When we sin we reap corruption according to Gal 6:7,8 because we reap what we sow... to say otherwise is mocking God according to Gal 6:7,8

This same passage also says if one sows to the Spirit they will reap LIFE which is why God's Word teaches that IF we sin we should confess and forsake out sin and repent which is coming back to the Lord.

I know those that don't accept the whole counsel of God have a really hard time understanding things like this... but it's right there in God's Word and is irrefutable that we reap whatever we sow!

Maybe the OSAS community board can go on a retreat someplace and have a big meeting to figure out a way to explain away Gal 6:7,8 without sounding like it's mocking God.

Maybe do what the baptists do and form a committee to study the situation :)

Edited by Stan Murff

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  5,267
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

22 minutes ago, Stan Murff said:

One doesn't get "re-saved" per say after having turned away from the Lord due to sin which causes them to become corrupt.

When we sin we reap corruption according to Gal 6:7,8 because we reap what we sow... to say otherwise is mocking God according to Gal 6:7,8

This same passage also says if one sows to the Spirit they will reap LIFE which is why God's Word teaches that IF we sin we should confess and forsake out sin and repent which is coming back to the Lord.

I know those that don't accept the whole counsel of God have a really hard time understanding things like this... but it's right there in God's Word and is irrefutable that we reap whatever we sow!

Maybe the OSAS community board can go on a retreat someplace and have a big meeting to figure out a way to explain away Gal 6:7,8 without sounding like it's mocking God.

Maybe do what the baptists do and form a committee to study the situation :)

I rest my case....:unsure:

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  202
  • Topics Per Day:  0.36
  • Content Count:  3,472
  • Content Per Day:  6.19
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  04/01/2024

46 minutes ago, Buzzard3 said:

So says you, but the word "kingdom" doesn't even appear in Rev 20, let alone "the kingdom of God".  

So far you've presented zero evidence that supports your claim that "the kingdom of God" in Gal 5:19-21 and 1Cor 9-11 refers to the "thousand years" in Rev 20.

Furthermore, you didn't answer my question, so I'll try again:  Why wouldn't "the kingdom of God" in Gal 5:19-21 and 1Cor 9-11 refer to Heaven and

You are correct that Revelation 20 does not specifically mention the kingdom, but if that thousand year period is not the Kingdom, where in time does the kingdom take place?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  6,301
  • Content Per Day:  3.62

28 minutes ago, Vine Abider said:

Many of these have to do with Kingdom rewards and losses.

If the one believing has, then the one believing quits believing

how does he get to keep what believing affords when no longer believing? 

4 minutes ago, DeighAnn said:

If the one believing has, then the one believing quits believing

how does he get to keep what believing affords when no longer believing? 

Because the eternal life of God has entered into his spirit when that one was born again. Jesus told us,"That which is born of Spirit is spirit." Therefore "He that is joined to the Lord is one Spirit with Him ."1st Corinthians 6:17

15 minutes ago, Sower said:

I rest my case....:unsure:

Good to hear you now accept Gal 6:7,8 as being irrefutable and that when one sins they become corrupt and are no longer in right standing with God.

I didn't think anyone would be so bold as to mock God by claiming we do not actually reap what we sow.

Doing that would be like, you know.. sin!

Edited by Stan Murff

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  5,267
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, Stan Murff said:

Good to hear you now accept Gal 6:7,8 as being irrefutable and that when one sins they become corrupt and are no longer in right standing with God.

I didn't think anyone would be so bold as to mock God by claiming we do not actually reap what we sow.

Doing that would be like, you know.. sin!

"I didn't think anyone would be so bold as to mock God by claiming ........."

You have done exactly this since you have showed up here, using that same reply ad nauseam, if someone doesn't /understand/believe your interpretation of a scripture, you do not engage in dialog with your brothers and sisters to search the scriptures together the meaning, you just keep on posting how we mock God. I feel sure that you believe belittling and mocking other Christians,  your spiritual siblings, is justly deserved for them, and you do not commit any sin on your part. Brother you are so wrong, or should I say, blind.

Now the table has been turned around. You hung yourself, your  position, when you informed/admitted to us you had lost your salvation when you became an alcoholic. (I'm happy for you that you are sober now, trust me on that)

You talk about the "full council" of the word that you say the osas club refuses to take into account, twisting scripture to suit their argument.  So what happens now, when you are confronted, with your OWN WORDS, you revert to what you call the osas tactics. WHAT THIS SCRIPTURE REALLY MEANS IS.....(what you say)
Before our very eyes. You can't have your cake and eat it too.

Are you not aware of what you are doing?

No, I forgot. You do not answer direct questions, as has been proven.

You have to stay on the offensive, attack attack attack.
I came here yrs back to learn what a Christian should do, to walk in the Light.
As a bonus, I also learned what not to do.    Thank you Stan.

• Well Said! 2

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  1,027
  • Content Per Day:  4.56

31 minutes ago, Sower said:

you do not engage in dialog with your brothers and sisters to search the scriptures together the meaning

So this means you think what the Lord says in Gal 6:7,8 that when one sows to the flesh (sin) they shall reap corruption.... if false?

You have to stay on the offensive, attack attack attack.

Actually it's posting the plain reading of scripture than some "claim" to be an attack on them personally because it doesn't agree with OSAS technology.

I typically speak in general terms and don't direct comments to any one person on a personal level, but instead to the OSAS Community in general.

Do you think I should apologize for not snapping to and agreeing with the interpretation of the select few verses the OSAS Community agrees are the only scriptures we need to be looking at?

Are you not aware of what you are doing?

I'm not doing anything the OSAS community isn't doing... I'm simply advocating for what I believe to be true and posting scripture to show it.

I'm sorry you're having a bad day and you are obviously upset because others won't agree with the OSAS community.

Best thing to do is obtain thicker skin and understand that you cannot expect everyone to agree with what you believe in.

Hope your day gets better from here! :t2:

Edited by Big Boy Johnson

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  6,301
  • Content Per Day:  3.62

4 hours ago, Sower said:

I'm sure this reply came from your heart, DeighAnn.
May God bless you in your journey to learn the truth vs our own truth we struggle with so much, myself included.

I THINK I may have found an answer that...of forget the explanation

WHEN I get to a place you don't agree, please let me know.

43But know this, that if the goodman of the house had known in what watch the thief would come, he would have watched, and would not have suffered his house to be broken up.

Born again, ABIDING

44Therefore be ye also ready: for in such an hour as ye think not the Son of man cometh.

you have no fear of death, you are WORKING, you are laboring in the name of the Lord   - car accident - angels dispatched to RAISE YOU UP FROM THE DEAD TAKE YOU TO THE LORD, you know the WAY, the LIFE, the RESURRECTION, you are on the way to the JUDGMENT SEAT OF CHRIST, IT IS TIME FOR REWARDS OF THE THINGS DONE IN THIS BODY

45Who then is a faithful and wise servant, whom his lord hath made ruler over his household, to give them meat in due season?

your works HAVE followed YOU AND there are a TON OF THEM.  You have been working day and night since you got saved, you know the Lord and the LORD knows you, and having been raised in incorruption, in glory and in power you now receive4 of the things done in this body, and if you have LOTS OF WORKS the 'glory of your star' will reflect it, it all your works are burned up, but you remain saved, your body will reflect that glory.   ONE STAR differs from another star, some seeds are wheat some seeds are other.  Some vessels are Gold and of honor some are of wood and dishonor

the ONLY THING THAT DETERMINES THESE THINGS ARE YOU WORKS THAT FOLLOW YOU

46Blessed is that servant, whom his lord when he cometh shall find so doing.

47Verily I say unto you, That he shall make him ruler over all his goods.

HAVING BEEN RAISED IN GLORY and incorruption and power HAVING RECEIVED of your new body made without hands in heaven

you are returning FROM ABOVE THE EARTH with Christ to sit upon thrones be a priests or rule or reign or judge or what ever

over the dead who are about to rise up from under the earth.  

48But and if that evil servant shall say in his heart, My lord delayeth his coming;

you are not abiding, you are beginning to fall away, not walking in the Lord, not willfully sinning but if Christ doesn't show up soon.....

49And shall begin to smite his fellowservants, and to eat and drink with the drunken;

you are not only not abiding but you have gone into the world, the place the Holy Spirit used to dwell in you has been replaced with the evils of this world are you are DEEP IT, the Holy Spirit couldn't connect with you if it wanted to 

50The lord of that servant shall come in a day when he looketh not for him, and in an hour that he is not aware of,

car accident flesh and blood dies

but you, you no longer know the way, you no longer know the LIFE, you no longer have the Holy Spirit dwelling inside you, you have so much unrepented sin that GOD CAN'T HEAR YOU so you CAN'T CALL upon the SAVING GRACE OF GOD

you have become a sinner in the world, GOD DOESN'T HEAR YOUR PRAYERS

51And shall cut him asunder, and appoint him his portion with the hypocrites: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

YOU ARE going where the hypocrites go, and they don't get to FOLLOW CHRIST, they have to WAIT till He returns before they are raised up

So how do you fit souls in with those verses and get us

from here

to the day of the Lord

1 hour ago, Big Boy Johnson said:

So this means you think what the Lord says in Gal 6:7,8 that when one sows to the flesh (sin) they shall reap corruption.... if false?

Actually it's posting the plain reading of scripture than some "claim" to be an attack on them personally because it doesn't agree with OSAS technology.

I typically speak in general terms and don't direct comments to any one person on a personal level, but instead to the OSAS Community in general.

Do you think I should apologize for not snapping to and agreeing with the interpretation of the select few verses the OSAS Community agrees are the only scriptures we need to be looking at?

I'm not doing anything the OSAS community isn't doing... I'm simply advocating for what I believe to be true and posting scripture to show it.

I'm sorry you're having a bad day and you are obviously upset because others won't agree with the OSAS community.

Best thing to do is obtain thicker skin and understand that you cannot expect everyone to agree with what you believe in.

Hope your day gets better from here! :t2:

You are really proud of your stance and your approach with others, aren't you?  I completely agree with what @Sower stated above - and that has nothing to do with a OSAS viewpoint.  You should take those things he said to heart and take some time to humble yourself before God.

I think I must follow the Lord's admonition in Matthew 18:15-17 regarding if a brother doesn't hear what you have to say about what they are doing. And if enough people on here choose to hit the "ignore" button, then you will be left with no one to be distressed by your dodging tactics, harassment and boastful comments.  I've been sitting on the fence regarding ignoring you, because every so often you reply with a little bit of thoughtfulness, instead of the usual caustic rhetoric . . . but that normally doesn't last very long.  And responding to your nonstop antics has basically proven a pretty big waste of time, which pulls me away from answering serious posters.

You seem like a fairly smart fellow, Big Boy Smurff, and have even made me laugh on occasion with the silly behavior!  I do hope you'll consider your harsh approach with others whom Christ bled and died for.  Even if you don't think you've done anything the least bit sideways, please just ask the Lord about it, okay?  Only He can truly transform us.

In respect for you as a brother, I will wait to see if you reply to this message, then the big ignore will happen . . . it has been "interesting."

"The Lord is with your spirit - grace is with you!"  (2 Tim 4:22)

CC: @Marathoner

• Thumbs Up 1