• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  743
  • Topics Per Day:  1.36
  • Content Count:  3,893
  • Content Per Day:  7.12
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  02/18/1956

2 Thessalonians 1:3-5 We are bound to thank God always for you, brethren, as it is fitting, because your faith grows exceedingly, and the love of every one of you all abounds toward each other, so that we ourselves boast of you among the churches of God for your patience and faith in all your persecutions and tribulations that you endure, which is manifest evidence of the righteous judgment of God, that you may be counted worthy of the kingdom of God, for which you also suffer.

They learned to love each other and grow in like minded faith, through patient endurance of persecutions and tribulations for His Name, together. Does this mean that every Christian must suffer persecution for their faith? Of course not. What is expected is that we endure the trials of life with the same Christ driven character.

For the Lord has assured us:

John 16:33 These things I have spoken to you, that in Me you may have peace. 

In the world you will have tribulation; but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world.

This requires you to open up, to receive what a brother or sister is sharing into our heart, and let the Holy Spirit give us a heart of compassion to meet them where they are, under the Anointing that the Lord has promised to the faithful. You represent a Compassionate King!  Today, if you hear His Voice, harden not your hearts.

Galatians 6:1 Brethren, if a man is overtaken in any trespass, you who are spiritual restore such a one in a spirit of gentleness, considering yourself lest you also be tempted. Bear one another’s burdens, and so fulfill the law of Christ. For if anyone thinks himself to be something, when he is nothing, he deceives himself. But let each one examine his own work, and then he will have rejoicing in himself alone, and not in another. For each one shall bear his own load.

We bear one another's burdens placed on us by this world,

to ensure that every soul is able to bear his own load in their relationship with the Lord.

Some people think that it is okay to be eased while others are burdened. This is not The Way.

2 Corinthians 8:13-15 For I do not mean that others should be eased and you burdened; but by an equality, that now at this time your abundance may supply their lack, that their abundance also may supply your lack—that there may be equality. As it is written, He who gathered much had nothing left over, and he who gathered little had no lack.

Some people think their contribution is more valuable. This is utterly unscriptural.

1 Corinthians 12:

20 But now indeed there are many members, yet one body. 

21 And the eye cannot say to the hand, “I have no need of you”;

nor again the head to the feet, “I have no need of you.”

22 No, much rather, those members of the body which seem to be weaker are necessary. 

23 And those members of the body which we think to be less honorable,

on these we bestow greater honor; and our unpresentable parts have greater modesty, 

24 but our presentable parts have no need. But God composed the body,

having given greater honor to that part which lacks it,

25 that there should be no schism in the body, but that the members

should have the same care for one another. 

26 And if one member suffers, all the members suffer with it; 

or if one member is honored, all the members rejoice with it.

Edited by Mr. M

• Mr. M changed the title to That there should be no schism in the body
  • 1 month later...

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,300
  • Content Per Day:  1.72
  • Days Won:  0

But there is schism,  so how should we deal with it? 

25 minutes ago, Who me said:

Surely you are not responsible beyond your circle of fellowship.

Romans 12:

16 Be of the same mind toward one another. 

Do not set your mind on high things, but associate with the humble.

Do not be wise in your own opinion.

17 Repay no one evil for evil. 

Have regard for good things in the sight of all men. 

18 If it is possible, as much as depends on you, 

live peaceably with all men. 

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  241
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  6,946
  • Content Per Day:  3.27
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

1 hour ago, Who me said:

1Co 12:25-26  That there should be no schism in the body; but that the members should have the same care one for another.  (26)  And whether one member suffer, all the members suffer with it; or one member be honoured, all the members rejoice with it.

It is, in my experience, an impossible task for humanity to achieve. 

My whole life consists of being exposed to the "ideal" and having it deposed by the "real". 

No matter, the ideal that we have in Christ remains the true path for us to follow.

2Ti 2:20-21  But in a great house there are not only vessels of gold and of silver, but also of wood and of earth; and some to honour, and some to dishonour.  (21)  If a man therefore purge himself from these, he shall be a vessel unto honour, sanctified, and meet for the master's use, and prepared unto every good work.

• Thumbs Up 2

10 minutes ago, Michael37 said:

1Co 12:25-26  That there should be no schism in the body; but that the members should have the same care one for another.  (26)  And whether one member suffer, all the members suffer with it; or one member be honoured, all the members rejoice with it.

My whole life consists of being exposed to the "ideal" and having it deposed by the "real". 

No matter, the ideal that we have in Christ remains the true path for us to follow.

2Ti 2:20-21  But in a great house there are not only vessels of gold and of silver, but also of wood and of earth; and some to honour, and some to dishonour.  (21)  If a man therefore purge himself from these, he shall be a vessel unto honour, sanctified, and meet for the master's use, and prepared unto every good work.

The unending capacity to complicate

the simplicity of the apostolic doctrine!

Philippians 3:

15 Therefore let us, as many as are mature, have this mind;

and if in anything you think otherwise, 

God will reveal even this to you. 

16 Nevertheless, to the degree that we have already attained, 

let us walk by the same rule, let us be of the same mind.  :)

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  136
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Birthday:  01/01/1978

2 hours ago, Who me said:

I don't see schisms as a bad thing. I think all Christian denominations are right since most of them agree on all foundational doctrine and the unifying figure is Jesus Christ. So in my view all denominations are right and all are trying in their ways to love God and please God. 

I don't see it as right or wrong but as a multitude of people and ways which show their love for God. 

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  241
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  6,946
  • Content Per Day:  3.27
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

2 hours ago, Eli1 said:

I don't see it as right or wrong but as a multitude of people and ways which show their love for God. 

Beware of religious syncretism that falls short of these core biblical truths.

Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me." – John 14:6

"Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to mankind by which we must be saved." – Acts 4:12

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Michael37 said:

Or as Philipians says '2 Therefore if you have any encouragement from being united with Christ, if any comfort from his love, if any common sharing in the Spirit, if any tenderness and compassion, 2 then make my joy complete by being like-minded, having the same love, being one in spirit and of one mind. 3 Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit. Rather, in humility value others above yourselves, 4 not looking to your own interests but each of you to the interests of the others'

So many petty  incidents would be dealt with in church life if we All followed this.

• Well Said! 1

13 hours ago, Eli1 said:

don't see schisms as a bad thing. I think all Christian denominations are right since most of them agree on all foundational doctrine

Yes and no, most denominations  formed because of politics or basic theological disagreements, but now we have the corruption  of Liberal theology  that actually  denies the basic foundational doctrines.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  3,349
  • Content Per Day:  7.92
  • Days Won:  1

Jesus told us that a house divided against itself cannot stand.

The Church today is divided against itself within itself, that is why it has no power in the world other than worldly power and is in constant retreat from the world as it tries to compete on a worldly basis with a;; the other other worldly powers that rule us.

• Haha 1