• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  9
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0

4 hours ago, Who me said:

Welcome, I hope I make sense  to you.

There is a hierarchy in the trinity, the spirit looks to Jesus, Jesus looks to the Father, yet all are equally God.

The nearest illustration is marriage. The husband is the Head of the household and his wife has promised to obey him.

Yet the two are also equal, neither is more important than the other.

The power imbalance is corrected by the husbands duty to love his wife, as sacrificial as Jesus loved his church.

It is the same in the trinity, each loves and responds to each other, there advantage is they are perfect with 

Perfect knowledge of each other.

Hope this helps.

I've heard this illustration before :)

Thank you for the answer.

• Group:  Members

15 hours ago, other one said:

First off, we should figure out who/what the Father, Son and Spirit is.  I did the reading/listening for my own self to make up my mind about the trinity.   The church I grew up in to age 18 did not teach this and it was very disturbing when I discovered the difference.

Here is a general overview of the research I once did by reading or listening to the entire Bible twice while driving at my job.

Didn't the Holy Spirit live inside the believers in the Old Testament though? This was before Jesus sacrifice.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,129
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

1 hour ago, ZippZapp12 said:

Didn't the Holy Spirit live inside the believers in the Old Testament though? This was before Jesus sacrifice.

No the Spirit only acted with the prophets.   Humans without the covering righteousness of Jesus are too filthy for the Holy Spirit to live with,

1 hour ago, ZippZapp12 said:

Yes, I believe in the trinity. Thank you for the answer. I've understood that God plans everything as the Father and executes everything as the Son and Holy Spirit. But when I hear that the Son and Holy Spirit obeys the Fathers will only, I cannot help but start thinking about them as two robots that a person is controlling. That's why I get confused.

They are three different entities, keep that in mind.   But they are one in purpose, thought, and actions to be accomplished.  Keep in mind that they are not humans, they are in constant communication with each other.

2 hours ago, other one said:

They are three different entities, keep that in mind.   But they are one in purpose, thought, and actions to be accomplished.  Keep in mind that they are not humans, they are in constant communication with each other.

Okay. So how does God go about when he wants to do something as the Holy Spirit or the Son?

2 hours ago, other one said:

No the Spirit only acted with the prophets.   Humans without the covering righteousness of Jesus are too filthy for the Holy Spirit to live with,

Ah, okay. I see :)

5 hours ago, ZippZapp12 said:

Okay. So how does God go about when he wants to do something as the Holy Spirit or the Son?

That would depend on so many things I'm not sure I could answer that.   I have had one of them speak to me directly, sometimes it is just a mental thing so great that one sees it's not from themselves.  Occasionally he will send an angel to physically help folks.

Even when reading the Bible regularly, the Spirit will point out things that one might now normally see.  

I personally haven't given much thought as to what Jesus is physically doing since he's in Heaven (wherever that is) and they are working through the Holy Spirit and occasionally angels.     There is a whole spiritual world flowing around us that very few of us are aware of and there are spiritual things happening around  all the time.   That the Angels deal with mostly as I see it.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,094
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Birthday:  05/25/1970

On 10/7/2023 at 5:00 PM, ZippZapp12 said:

Hey,

I would like someone to explain how God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit work together? Do the Son and Holy Spirit ever get to choose to do anything out of their own will or do they always submit to the Fathers will? How does the whole process work?

In John 15:16 Jesus says I chose you, but in every other verse he says he does not do anything but the Fathers will.

In 1 Corinthians 12:4-11, it is said that the Holy Spirit decides who he will give spiritual gifts too. Does this mean that the Holy Spirit can do as he want?

Thanks

They don't want something else. He's one. I was once so confused after reading a discussion between a trinitarian and a modalist, that I asked Him to explain to me the Trinity and He said: Look at Jesus when He was on earth. That was 3 Persons in one body working together. The Father spoke, Jesus uttered the Words and the Spirit performed the Miracles when Jesus spoke. In Him the fullness of the Godhead dwells bodily.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  6,398
  • Content Per Day:  12.14
  • Days Won:  31

3 hours ago, Renskedejonge said:

In Him the fullness of the Godhead dwells bodily.

@Renskedejonge Great verse there from Colossians (2.9). Similarly, John 1.14; 1 Timothy 3.16.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  905
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,646
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

On 10/8/2023 at 7:49 AM, ZippZapp12 said:

Yes, I believe in the trinity. Thank you for the answer. I've understood that God plans everything as the Father and executes everything as the Son and Holy Spirit. But when I hear that the Son and Holy Spirit obeys the Fathers will only, I cannot help but start thinking about them as two robots that a person is controlling. That's why I get confused.

Bear in mind we are talking about three omniscient wills in perfect harmony. In music or voice there must needs be an initiator to the cadence of the rhythm. There must be a beat to a groove. There is nothing robotic about it. In fact this is the argument musicians with a finely tuned ear against mechanized music that floods the industry these days. Auto-tune etc. That is robotic. Three divine wills converging to the will of the one in the Trinity who is originator of the will is as organic as it gets.

Also Jesus clearly has a will which he showed in Gethsemane. "Not my will but thy will be done."

Also the Holy Spirit showed he has a will (Acts 13:2).