• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  9
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0

On 10/9/2023 at 10:48 PM, Renskedejonge said:

They don't want something else. He's one. I was once so confused after reading a discussion between a trinitarian and a modalist, that I asked Him to explain to me the Trinity and He said: Look at Jesus when He was on earth. That was 3 Persons in one body working together. The Father spoke, Jesus uttered the Words and the Spirit performed the Miracles when Jesus spoke. In Him the fullness of the Godhead dwells bodily.

Okay, so how does the process go? Does God as the Father think about what he wants Jesus and the Holy Spirit to do when God wants to fulfill a goal that he has? And they obey the Fathers will because they will want the same thing as the Father wants?

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  9
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

On 10/10/2023 at 11:08 AM, JohnD said:

Bear in mind we are talking about three omniscient wills in perfect harmony. In music or voice there must needs be an initiator to the cadence of the rhythm. There must be a beat to a groove. There is nothing robotic about it. In fact this is the argument musicians with a finely tuned ear against mechanized music that floods the industry these days. Auto-tune etc. That is robotic. Three divine wills converging to the will of the one in the Trinity who is originator of the will is as organic as it gets.

Also Jesus clearly has a will which he showed in Gethsemane. "Not my will but thy will be done."

Also the Holy Spirit showed he has a will (Acts 13:2).

I thought that everything the Father wants, the Holy Spirit and the Son also want.?That the Son and Holy Spirit don't have a will, but only obey the Fathers will?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,090
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Birthday:  05/25/1970

26 minutes ago, ZippZapp12 said:

Okay, so how does the process go? Does God as the Father think about what he wants Jesus and the Holy Spirit to do when God wants to fulfill a goal that he has? And they obey the Fathers will because they will want the same thing as the Father wants?

When Jesus was on earth yes, but now I think it's more that they want the same. On earth He had to say no to his flesh that wanted something else and that's not necessary anymore now.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  905
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,646
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

5 hours ago, ZippZapp12 said:

I thought that everything the Father wants, the Holy Spirit and the Son also want.?That the Son and Holy Spirit don't have a will, but only obey the Fathers will?

Luke 22:42 (KJV)
42 Saying, Father, if thou be willing, remove this cup from me: nevertheless not my will, but thine, be done.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  597
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,124
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

On 10/8/2023 at 11:26 AM, ZippZapp12 said:

Okay. So how does God go about when he wants to do something as the Holy Spirit or the Son?

The conversation goes easier if you drop the word God and just speak of which one you are speaking about. God pertains to any of the three or all in most conversations.

• 2 months later...

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  6,398
  • Content Per Day:  12.16
  • Days Won:  31

In John's Gospel, Romans 8, John's First Epistle, Father, Son and Holy Spirit work indeed together in harmony in a glorious way.

• This is Worthy 2

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  2,249
  • Content Per Day:  1.95
  • Days Won:  20

I was just thinking what a great question this is to begin with but trying to figure out the Trinity of the Godhead is way above my gray matter.  I rely on the Father, Son and Holy Spirit to reveal things to me, to help me discern the scriptures and to live in this world I do not belong in.  I know we were created in the image of the Godhead (Father, Son, Spirit) and have a mind, body and soul so that has to be something similar to how we can relate to them on a combined and individual way. 

It's so very amazing and miraculous how this works on a day to day basis. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Content Count:  6,398
  • Content Per Day:  12.16
  • Days Won:  31

16 hours ago, debrakay said:

I was just thinking what a great question this is to begin with but trying to figure out the Trinity of the Godhead is way above my gray matter.  I rely on the Father, Son and Holy Spirit to reveal things to me, to help me discern the scriptures and to live in this world I do not belong in.  I know we were created in the image of the Godhead (Father, Son, Spirit) and have a mind, body and soul so that has to be something similar to how we can relate to them on a combined and individual way. 

It's so very amazing and miraculous how this works on a day to day basis. 

@debrakay Scripture is indeed gloriously full of Father, Son and Holy Spirit.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  289
  • Content Per Day:  0.17

That was confusing to me too. Where does the Holy Spirit comes in? 

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  289
  • Content Per Day:  0.17

The trinity teaching has always been confusing because If all 3 are God how can Jesus not want to be equal to God?