IGNORED

My thoughts on what might happen soon with this war in Gaza.

Marilyn C

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  268
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,229
  • Content Per Day:  3.48
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

I thought I`d give some thoughts on what I see might occur following the `war` now in progress with Israel and Hamas in Gaza.

First there needs a bit of background concerning the two sides of Islam - the Sunni and Shi-ites. When Mohammed died the Shites believe that his son-in-law was the rightful leader, however the Sunnis believe it was the `anointed` leader to be in charge. Thus, over many centuries there has been much fighting between the two groups.

In the `8o`s there was the 7 year long war between the two groups. Then in the `90`s the Iraq war with the US and Saddam. Next came al-Qaida, (Sunni) terrorist group bringing terror across the region – Iraq, Afghanistan, North Africa etc.

During that time some Sunni militants tricked about a 100 Shite young men into going to a certain place, but there they were killed and their bodies thrown into the river below. Horrifying. The Shites would not forget this atrocity.

So, now we have a Sunni led (Hamas) group venturing out of their enclave to attack innocent women and children. Iran is supposed to have instigated this. Iran is Shite, and to my mind they have sacrifices the Sunni (Hamas) to Israel`s wrath and while Israel`s military is busy down south they will attack from the north. Thus, Ez. 38 & 39.

In chess you often sacrifice a lesser piece for a greater advantage.

What do you think?

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  6,562
  • Content Per Day:  12.11
  • Days Won:  31

Just now, Marilyn C said:

I thought I`d give some thoughts on what I see might occur following the `war` now in progress with Israel and Hamas in Gaza.

First there needs a bit of background concerning the two sides of Islam. The Sunni and Shi-ites. When Mohammed died the Shites believe that his son-in-law was the rightful leader, however the Sunnis believe it was the `anointed leader to be in charge. Thus, over many centuries there has been much fighting between the two groups.

In the `8o`s there was the 7 year long war between the two groups. Then in the `90`s the Iraq war with the US and Saddam. Next came al-Qaida, (Sunni) terrorist group bringing terror across the region – Iraq, Afghanistan, North Africa etc.

During that time some Sunni militants tricked about a 100 Shite young men into going to a certain place, but there they were killed and their bodies thrown into the river below. Horrifying. The Shites would not forget this atrocity.

So, now we have a Sunni led (Hamas) group venturing out of their enclave to attack innocent women and children. Iran is supposed to have instigated this. Iran is Shite, and to my mind they have sacrifices the Sunni (Hamas) to Israel`s wrath and while Israel`s military is busy down south they will attack from the north. Thus, Ez. 38 & 39.

In chess you often sacrifice a lesser piece for a greater advantage.

What do you think?

@Marilyn C Well, from a complex strategy perspective there may be something there in what you say, I don't know.

But also from a Gospel witness perspective in Scripture - in Acts - Gaza was the place of meeting between Philip and the Ethiopian eunuch; and I also think for the pilgrim church's perspective taking Gospel opportunities in crisis times is so important, even as the Lord Himself sovereignly works out His purposes among Jews, Gentiles and the church of God (1 Corinthians 10.32).

(My 2c.........if this makes sense?)

1 minute ago, farouk said:

@Marilyn C Well, from a complex strategy perspective there may be something there in what you say, I don't know.

But also from a Gospel witness perspective in Scripture - in Acts - Gaza was the place of meeting between Philip and the Ethiopian eunuch; and I also think for the pilgrim church's perspective taking Gospel opportunities in crisis times is so important, even as the Lord Himself sovereignly works out His purposes among Jews, Gentiles and the church of God (1 Corinthians 10.32).

(My 2c.........if this makes sense?)

Hi farouk,

Yes, God is working in - the Body of Christ, Israel and the Nations. 

I have been praying for those taken captive and any believers there would help the others to reach out to God. And for those Israelis to reach out to the God of Abraham that they would have heard of.

Just now, Marilyn C said:

Hi farouk,

Yes, God is working in - the Body of Christ, Israel and the Nations. 

I have been praying for those taken captive and any believers there would help the others to reach out to God. And for those Israelis to reach out to the God of Abraham that they would have heard of.

@Marilyn C To be honest I haven't been following the news very closely; but as always for the pilgrim church the challenge is to continue its sacred mission of Gospel effort, in a prayerful way, searching the Scriptures.

Just now, farouk said:

@Marilyn C To be honest I haven't been following the news very closely; but as always for the pilgrim church the challenge is to continue its sacred mission of Gospel effort, in a prayerful way, searching the Scriptures.

I also don`t follow it all as we know God will bring about His purposes and we can`t carry the burden of pain they try and project hourly or whatever.

I`d rather encourage others and pray. 

15 minutes ago, Marilyn C said:

I also don`t follow it all as we know God will bring about His purposes and we can`t carry the burden of pain they try and project hourly or whatever.

I`d rather encourage others and pray. 

Amen indeed about encouragement and praying, @Marilyn C :)

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  54
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,448
  • Content Per Day:  0.88
  • Days Won:  0

Al qaida was practicing what Islam prophet practiced and that is to rule their countries by Sharia law and to bring back the rule of the caliphate.   Most muslims if you ask would prefer Sharia law, and it is even practiced in Britian where they have a scale down version of the practice. 

You have to read the Islamic holy book to see what is said about the Jews and why OR maybe someone here who is versed in it can explain why Israel cannot exist there as stated.  The former president of Iran made the statement many times before.  

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  54
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,448
  • Content Per Day:  0.88
  • Days Won:  0

23 minutes ago, farouk said:

I agree that we must be focused upward and on things above, but at the same time you never know when you can get a flat tire and thus be prepared.  So keeping ourselves informed in an ever changing world is also prudent I think. 

The Middle East is like a shifting kaleidoscope; the believer makes sense of it by studying Scripture............

Just now, warrior12 said:

I agree that we must be focused upward and on things above, but at the same time you never know when you can get a flat tire and thus be prepared.  So keeping ourselves informed in an ever changing world is also prudent I think. 

Well, the Lord protects His pilgrim ppl; I don't tend to look a things politically too much..............