the_raven_1313

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  98
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

You would do well to listen/watch Joyce Meyer. She will teach you the word and get in your mess, that is what I need.

I have heard or her but haven't really listened to her because in the bible it says that women are not to preach or have any authority over men.

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  21
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

paula white is alot like joyce meyer

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  512
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  8,601
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/04/1973

No she isn't. She's a WOF'er who gets up and duns people for money during telethons.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  111
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  775
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Birthday:  11/12/1987

Hippos Hope:

What do you think about this?

John 6:60 Many therefore of his disciples, when they had heard this, said, This is an hard saying; who can hear it? 61 When Jesus knew in himself that his disciples murmured at it, he said unto them, Doth this offend you? 62 What and if ye shall see the Son of man ascend up where he was before? 63 It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life. 64 But there are some of you that believe not. For Jesus knew from the beginning who they were that believed not, and who should betray him. 65 And he said, Therefore said I unto you, that no man can come unto me, except it were given unto him of my Father. 66 From that time many of his disciples went back, and walked no more with him. 67 Then said Jesus unto the twelve, Will ye also go away?

I think it's true (obviously...it's the Word.) . I think you may have misread a bit what I was saying. See, Jesus draws people in. He didnt scare them away with his constant talk of hell. He approached people on their level, used parables of things they knew about and could understand. When people are convicted and "offended" it's their sin, and the Holy Spirit's conviction of it. Not that Jesus is beating people up. He speaks truth and if he hurts someones feelings, then they needed it hurt. What I was refurring to in the church is those that talk like Jesus, and those that get a self righteous stick and beat people with it. There is a definate difference in the people I am talking about and Christ. And the way Joel speaks IMO (meaning in my opinion, of which we are all entitled to have one) is like Jesus; as in He draws people closer to Christ.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  349
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Birthday:  12/12/1939

As for me i like to hear Joel Olsteen preachbut sometimes he does sound like a word of faither,si i turn him off and go about my business.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  52
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,230
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  05/03/1952

Forget the TV evangelists and get your nose in the Bible and learn to hear the Holy Spirit.

LT

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  23
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  11/11/1957

my opinion is not positive..i think he would be a great motivational speaker but when you put him under the title as a man of God he is not ..imo..he doesnt preach sin and the bible said be weary of false prophets that preach to itchy ears..alot of people dont want to hear about HELL or sin or praying for salvation...those are the people that attend his congreagation..i saw him on larry king and he turned me off completly..he lives in an expensive mansion and his wife wears designer clothes..thumbs down

Well, while I would not refer to JO as not being a man of GOD, I will say however, that the reason his church is so full is because he does not preach the full Gospel. He's too busy trying to be polite! He "touches" on the subject of salvation, and sin without really getting deep into either subject, and I agree that he would make a great MOTIVATIONAL speaker.

• Topic Count:  31
  • Content Count:  1,013
  • Content Per Day:  0.14

He teaches the health & prosperity message like most of the TV guys on the big network.

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  657
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Birthday:  02/15/1959

Well said larryt. Most people want to have a full course meal served to them week after week. It would be much better if people were just given the recipes.

• Topic Count:  154
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,838
  • Content Per Day:  0.40
  • Birthday:  05/29/1991

I have never heard him myself, but am interested in what others might say as well.

*nods*

Don't care for him, I'm with blessedlife.

He was asked in an interview with Larry King lately if Jesus is the only way to heaven and he did not say yes. Didn't say no, but didn't say yes either. He pretty much said he didn't know. BIG MISTAKE. He has a huge apology about it on his website. I can forgive him but, really, WHAT IS HE PREACHING? Feel good, positive nonsense in my opinion. I don't learn anything from his teaching, or talking I should say.

You would do well to listen/watch Joyce Meyer. She will teach you the word and get in your mess, that is what I need.

Hmmmmm

He doesn't know?

That is a big mistake....

I have heard or her but haven't really listened to her because in the bible it says that women are not to preach or have any authority over men.

A KJV er?

Never heard of her. (Paula W)

Well said larryt. Most people want to have a full course meal served to them week after week. It would be much better if people were just given the recipes.

What are the recipes.....