WorthyNewsBot

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  4,265
  • Content Per Day:  2.89
  • Days Won:  1

Paradise or Abraham's bosom, as I understand it, is a section of Sheol. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  909
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,660
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

10 hours ago, Slibhin said:

That's all totally inconsistent with the Torah, but why repeat myself over and over.

Torah does speak prophetically about the New Covenant (without calling it that) Genesis 3:15, Deuteronomy 18:15-19, Genesis 22, the life of Joseph in Genesis. 

Deuteronomy 18:15–19 (KJV)
15 The LORD thy God will raise up unto thee a Prophet from the midst of thee, of thy brethren, like unto me; unto him ye shall hearken;
16 According to all that thou desiredst of the LORD thy God in Horeb in the day of the assembly, saying, Let me not hear again the voice of the LORD my God, neither let me see this great fire any more, that I die not.
17 And the LORD said unto me, They have well spoken that which they have spoken.
18 I will raise them up a Prophet from among their brethren, like unto thee, and will put my words in his mouth; and he shall speak unto them all that I shall command him.
19 And it shall come to pass, that whosoever will not hearken unto my words which he shall speak in my name, I will require it of him.

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,268
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

22 hours ago, Slibhin said:

Okay, do you keep the 613 Mitzvot? If not then why don't you?

Because we are told that we don't need to.   I'm not of Jewish decent and have never been under the first covenant.   I do my best to do the things that Jesus has commanded us to do and according to the teachings of the New Testament those things are not necessary to live a life acceptable to the Father, Jesus himself, or the Spirit.    It is his sacrifice of himself that covers the sacrifices of the first covenant.

I will say though that Jesus's commandments are far deeper than the original ten that was given to Moses.   Under his demands is for you not to ever want to break them.  As for the sabbath, it's not a single day since we house the Holy Spirit in each of us, but an entire way of life.

1 hour ago, Slibhin said:

Then how exactly am I incorrect? The Torah is binding and eternal, G-d's words not mine. Show me in the Torah where G-d says there is an expiration date.

You are right, the Mitzvot don't apply to non-Jews. However Christians claim to be following the same G-d, which presumably means believing in his word. You guys are teaching that the Torah no longer applies and that, amongst other things, is inconsistent with what Hashem said.

same God, different covenant.    but the problem for you is that the first covenant will not get you to heaven with Jesus from what I understand.

So if all you want to do is to be part of that first covenant, there is nothing wrong with that.   It just will not get you reborn spiritually to become part of the spiritual family. 

I have acquaintances in the past that kept the Mitzvot, but also had become born again Christians by proclaiming  Jesus as thier Lord.

It might seem against the rules of the first covenant until you understand that Jesus before he lowered himself to being a flesh and blood man, was the God of Israel that Moses saw and knew.

However it will most likely take the workings of the Holy Spirit to convince you of it.   And that's my prayer for you.   The Holy Spirit mess with your life until  you see the light.

• Topic Count:  43
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  3,349
  • Content Per Day:  7.53

On 10/26/2023 at 10:36 AM, Slibhin said:

I go by plain reading of the text.

Curious, what do you expect to gain from that?

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  41
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,627
  • Content Per Day:  1.07
  • Birthday:  10/28/1957

10 hours ago, Slibhin said:

We don't believe in Jesus or being reborn spiritually. Show me where it says in the Torah that there would be a different covenant or that the Torah had a time limit. G-d said if you repent he will forgive you, not if you aren't absolutely perfect he'd put you in a hell we also don't believe in.

I will never accept a position that G-d has broken his word, reversed himself or changed his mind because G-d himself said he'd never do that. If you or others are going to make these claims then you need to do that work to demonstrate how it squares with the Torah. Don't just assert it does and say you'll pray for me when I ask for those claims to be backed up.

Jeremiah 31:31-34 (KJV)

31 "Behold, the days come," saith the LORD, "that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah: 32 Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them," saith the LORD: 33 "But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days," saith the LORD, "I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people. 34 And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, 'Know the LORD': for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them," saith the LORD: "for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more."

• Thumbs Up 1

15 minutes ago, Retrobyter said:

G-d said if you repent he will forgive you, not if you aren't absolutely perfect he'd put you in a hell we also don't believe in.

Have you considered the nature of the required sacrifices of animals and why they were required?  Why it was only the most perfect of animals that were to be offered?

A deeper understanding of this can lead you toward an understanding of Christianity.

God doesn't change his mind or go back on his word -ever- but he can and does bring us a new way of fulfilling his laws that he made in the beginning so that our repentance can be accepted completely and perfectly.

I would like to hear your considered thoughts on this.

May God bless you this Sabbath and keep you safe.

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  41
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,627
  • Content Per Day:  1.07
  • Birthday:  10/28/1957

27 minutes ago, FJK said:

Have you considered the nature of the required sacrifices of animals and why they were required?  Why it was only the most perfect of animals that were to be offered?

A deeper understanding of this can lead you toward an understanding of Christianity.

God doesn't change his mind or go back on his word -ever- but he can and does bring us a new way of fulfilling his laws that he made in the beginning so that our repentance can be accepted completely and perfectly.

I would like to hear your considered thoughts on this.

May God bless you this Sabbath and keep you safe.

Shalom, FJK.

LOL! For the record, I wasn't the one who said that. That was Slibhin.

10 minutes ago, Retrobyter said:

Shalom, FJK.

LOL! For the record, I wasn't the one who said that. That was Slibhin.

Sorry, I do that once in a while.

Particularly when I post early in the morning and before coffee.

I meant it to be addressed to @Slibhin. hopefully this will call it to her attention and I won't offend her by the misdirection of my post.

16 hours ago, Slibhin said:

We don't believe in Jesus or being reborn spiritually. Show me where it says in the Torah that there would be a different covenant or that the Torah had a time limit. G-d said if you repent he will forgive you, not if you aren't absolutely perfect he'd put you in a hell we also don't believe in.

I will never accept a position that G-d has broken his word, reversed himself or changed his mind because G-d himself said he'd never do that. If you or others are going to make these claims then you need to do that work to demonstrate how it squares with the Torah. Don't just assert it does and say you'll pray for me when I ask for those claims to be backed up.

6 hours ago, Retrobyter said:

Jeremiah 31:31-34 (KJV)

31 "Behold, the days come," saith the LORD, "that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah: 32 Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them," saith the LORD: 33 "But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days," saith the LORD, "I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people. 34 And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, 'Know the LORD': for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them," saith the LORD: "for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more."

Couldn't have said it better Slibhin