IGNORED

1948 is not a Sign of the Coming of Jesus.

Diaste

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  67
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,629
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  2

20 hours ago, FJK said:

The reasoning behind that?

What says it is not one of the prophetic signs in the making?

It's not designated by Jesus as a sign to look for concerning the nearness of His coming. Many think that's the case from;

"Truly I tell you, this generation will not pass away until all these things have happened."

But this doesn't refer to Israel restored to the land as one of the signs of the nearness of His coming, since in the whole of the Olivet discourse Israel restored isn't mentioned. It's assumed by the Lord this will indeed be the case, and the end of the age cannot happen unless the Jews have in their possession Jerusalem, but it's not a sign of the nearness of Jesus 2nd coming. 

The A of D is, so is GT.  

18 hours ago, Shilohsfoal said:

A deadly wound being healed and nations tongues and peoples  following after the beast is a sign.I mean come on ,the world was filled with wonder at the sight of it.

I don't know how to tell you this, so I'll just tell you....

You got your prophecy mixed up. 

16 hours ago, Last Daze said:

Perhaps not directly.  However, the 1967 liberation of east Jerusalem is significant, along with the 1948 war which resulted in western Jerusalem becoming part of the state of Israel.  The significance of Jewish sovereignty over is Jerusalem is a prophetic marker.

Jerusalem will be trampled on by the Gentiles until the times of the Gentiles are fulfilled.  Luke 21:24b

The times of the Gentiles has been fulfilled.  What's left is for the fulness of the Gentiles to come in.  That will be brought about by the events of the end.

I agree. It's a requirement for the end of the age to occur, but that's it. Israel restored is not a sign of the nearness of His coming, nor the terminal generation.

Israel already being in the land is assumed by the Lord when He says, "Let them which are in Judea flee..." And in the idea the A of D is  "in the holy place...where it should not be" presupposes Israel is in control of Jerusalem and the Temple Mount at the time the A of D is committed. 

In thinking about this I wonder why Jesus didn't tell them in the answer to the questions that the Jews were going to be kicked out the land of Canaan, for centuries, and be restored. Interesting omission. 

16 hours ago, Last Daze said:

This gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in the whole world as a testimony to all the nations [Gentiles], and then the end will come.  Matt 24:14

Now that is a prophetic sign of the nearness of the end and His coming.

We are almost there.

As of 2023, Wycliffe Global Alliance estimates 97% of all people have at least portions of scripture. Perhaps that means 97% of all people have heard the Gospel of the Kingdom. 

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  153
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  5,881
  • Content Per Day:  2.47
  • Days Won:  1

3 hours ago, Diaste said:

I don't know how to tell you this, so I'll just tell you....

You got your prophecy mixed up. 

No,the deadly wound was healed.The whole world thought it was dead,but then amazingly it was healed .And we are witnessing the latter parts of this generation.In fact I wouldn't be a bit surprised if the second beast didn't appear in  year and a half to two years from now.

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Content Count:  4,011
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  4

21 hours ago, Shilohsfoal said:

Well,is the holy city Jerusalem or is that Chicago?

Revelation 11

But the court which is without the temple leave out, and measure it not; for it is given unto the Gentiles: and the holy city shall they tread under foot forty and two months.

And I will give power unto my two witnesses, and they shall prophesy a thousand two hundred and threescore days, clothed in sackcloth.

So you see Babylon as the holy city.  Weird.  There are serious inconsistencies in your eschatology.

You are also confusing Jerusalem with the holy city.

Edited by Last Daze

21 hours ago, Shilohsfoal said:

You said the times of the gentiles has ended.

Will you still say the times of the gentiles had already  ended when the gentiles take Jerusalem ,tread it under foot,raping the Israeli women and lead many into captivity on the day of the Lord?

Zech 14

For I will gather all nations against Jerusalem to battle; and the city shall be taken, and the houses rifled, and the women ravished; and half of the city shall go forth into captivity, and the residue of the people shall not be cut off from the city.

Sure looks to me like the times the gentiles tread Jerusalem under foot has not quite ended yet.

Just because Jerusalem is not being tread underfoot by Gentiles today doesn't mean that it won't be attacked in the future.

5 minutes ago, Last Daze said:

So you see Babylon as the holy city.  Weird.  There are serious inconsistencies in your eschatology.

You are also confusing Jerusalem with the holy city.

Babylon is apostate Israel.

It is those who remain in captivity.Those who have not returned to the Lord.

Revelation 18:4

Then I heard another voice from heaven say: “’Come out of her, my people,’ so that you will not share in her sins, so that you will not receive any of her plagues;

Babylon is the place the beast that ascends from the abyss and the ten horns attack at the time of the end.

Revelation 17:16

The beast and the ten horns you saw will hate the prostitute. They will bring her to ruin and leave her naked; they will eat her flesh and burn her with fire.

The beast from the abyss and the ten horns who hate the prostitute  attack Jerusalem and conquer it at the time of the end.Here they are seen celebrating their conquest.

Revelation 11

And when they shall have finished their testimony, the beast that ascendeth out of the bottomless pit shall make war against them, and shall overcome them, and kill them.

And their dead bodies shall lie in the street of the great city, which spiritually is called Sodom and Egypt, where also our Lord was crucified.

And they of the people and kindreds and tongues and nations shall see their dead bodies three days and an half, and shall not suffer their dead bodies to be put in graves.

10 And they that dwell upon the earth shall rejoice over them, and make merry, and shall send gifts one to another; because these two prophets tormented them that dwelt on the earth.

9 minutes ago, Last Daze said:

Just because Jerusalem is not being tread underfoot by Gentiles today doesn't mean that it won't be attacked in the future.

Oh ,I know that it not only will be attacked by the gentiles.It will be taken by the gentiles.And the Jews will be led away captive on that day just as Luke says.

24 And they shall fall by the edge of the sword, and shall be led away captive into all nations: and Jerusalem shall be trodden down of the Gentiles, until the times of the Gentiles be fulfilled.

And Zechariah says.

For I will gather all nations against Jerusalem to battle; and the city shall be taken, and the houses rifled, and the women ravished; and half of the city shall go forth into captivity, and the residue of the people shall not be cut off from the city.

and Amos says

27 Therefore will I cause you to go into captivity beyond Damascus, saith the Lord, whose name is The God of hosts.

And Mathew

But the children of the kingdom shall be cast out into outer darkness: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

There are a lot of verses that agree with Luke 21:24 about the time of the end.

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  5,119
  • Content Per Day:  1.48
  • Birthday:  09/01/1950

On 10/28/2023 at 10:16 AM, Last Daze said:

Jerusalem will be trampled on by the Gentiles until the times of the Gentiles are fulfilled.  Luke 21:24b

The times of the Gentiles has been fulfilled.  What's left is for the fulness of the Gentiles to come in.  That will be brought about by the events of the end.

This gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in the whole world as a testimony to all the nations [Gentiles], and then the end will come.  Matt 24:14

Funny, I just posted a blog on this very subject about an hour ago:

https://www.worthychristianforums.com/blogs/entry/2936-joseph-part-4-“the-fullness-of-the-nations”/

The Gentiles/nations, which include the Palestinians, are still trampling Jerusalem, particularly the Temple Mount.

On 10/29/2023 at 2:54 AM, Diaste said:

In thinking about this I wonder why Jesus didn't tell them in the answer to the questions that the Jews were going to be kicked out the land of Canaan, for centuries, and be restored. Interesting omission. 

He essentially revealed this the day before, in Matthew 23:34-39.

However, like He said in Acts 1:7, "It is not for you to know times or seasons which the Father has put in His own authority." The disciples really had no need to know the details of the times, because they had their own specific mission to accomplish; and it quite likely would have discouraged them in that mission if they were to know that He would not return until another 2000 years would pass.

26 minutes ago, WilliamL said:

The Gentiles/nations, which include the Palestinians, are still trampling Jerusalem

Yeah, okay.