IGNORED

The timing of the battle of Armageddon

Stewardofthemystery

Guest AFlameOfFire
2 hours ago, FJK said:

I do know this already, FJK because I had already looked up the craziness which apparently marks 2014 as some date that makes using parenthesis three times as something similar to saying "beetle juice" three times as against certain groups of people and in this case, Jewish people? 

Why would you even drag something like that into a thread where the OP is examining the scriptures and where anyone can plainly see the parenthesis are emphasizing the word "all"?  

I use ~these~ sometimes, and I also use **these** and sometimes I use ((( these )))  to emphasize a thing, if someone else uses them to do some sort of evil does not mean that everyone else needs to answer for their innocent use of these things.

Are you accusing the OP of being against Jewish people for using the number of parenthesis he used? Is that the only thing you got out of the entire post?

Spend less time on Wiki and more time in the word of God

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  3,349
  • Content Per Day:  7.90
  • Days Won:  1

49 minutes ago, AFlameOfFire said:

Are you accusing the OP of being against Jewish people for using the number of parenthesis he used? Is that the only thing you got out of the entire post?

Whenever I see what appears to be symbolism of antisemitism or other evil being used I question it.

Sometimes it's deliberately being used as such and sometimes out of ignorance of the meaning behind the symbol being used.

This should always be done by everyone, especially with the explosion of anti Israel and antisemitism currently taking place throughout the world and even in the Church.  This is why I pointed it out and asked why it was being used, no different than I would question using a swastika or inverted cross in a post.

Guest AFlameOfFire
1 hour ago, FJK said:

Whenever I see what appears to be symbolism of antisemitism or other evil being used I question it.

Sometimes it's deliberately being used as such and sometimes out of ignorance of the meaning behind the symbol being used.

This should always be done by everyone, especially with the explosion of anti Israel and antisemitism currently taking place throughout the world and even in the Church.  This is why I pointed it out and asked why it was being used, no different than I would question using a swastika or inverted cross in a post.

They are parenthesis around the word "all", to emphasize the word "all"

There's not much to think about.

Parenthesis have been used hundreds of years before some symbolic swastika. Many people use  a multitude Parenthesis without "counting them" because they mean absolutely nothing to them, and you yourself have pointed out that the OP used 3 of them in one place and 4 in another, correct? If being honest with ones own observations than that should have been enough of a red flag for you not to bring it up and attempt to insinuate such a thing. 

That's all I will say about it. 

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  5,119
  • Content Per Day:  1.48
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  09/01/1950

On 10/29/2023 at 2:06 AM, Diaste said:

What I do think is Gog of Magog appears to happen twice. It's Gog of Magog gathered at Megiddo, and Gog is also deceived once again when Satan is released after the 1000 years.

There are just too many differences between Ezekiel 38 and Rev 20.

Precisely. The passage in Ezek. 39 about the feast for the birds is nearly identical to the passage in Rev. about the feast for the birds.

On 10/29/2023 at 2:06 AM, Diaste said:

My thoughts do stray to Gog of Magog as a name representative of the deceived multitudes convinced they can fight against, and defeat, God and the Lamb. 

One Jewish interpreter (Velikovsky) posited, with some historical backup, that the name Gog is just a shortened form of Agag, the titular name of the kings of Amalek. (Haman, for example, was called an Agagite. Esther 3:1) And since the LORD has prophesied that "the LORD will have war with Amalek from generation to generation" (Ex. 17:16), it stands to reason that Amalek will be involved in the leadership of the battles against God and His people both at the end of this age as well as at the end of the Millennium.

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  67
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,629
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  2

11 hours ago, WilliamL said:

One Jewish interpreter (Velikovsky) posited, with some historical backup, that the name Gog is just a shortened form of Agag, the titular name of the kings of Amalek. (Haman, for example, was called an Agagite. Esther 3:1) And since the LORD has prophesied that "the LORD will have war with Amalek from generation to generation" (Ex. 17:16), it stands to reason that Amalek will be involved in the leadership of the battles against God and His people both at the end of this age as well as at the end of the Millennium.

What I have noticed in the search for Gog is Gog is widespread across the European and Asian continents. People who track migrations of people groups aren't necessarily divided on this but do seem to find anecdotal evidence Gog's descendants in Europe and Asia, especially the Eurasian Steppes. Others living in the same areas seemed to refer to them as Gogites, from some of the accounts I have read. 

In any case, I'm convinced at least two beings know exactly who Gog of Magog is and where he's hanging out, unless Gog is used as a collective for a group of likeminded people and nations, akin to Rev 20.

"and will go out to deceive the nations in the four corners of the earth—Gog and Magog—to assemble them for battle. "

Here the deceived nations are Gog and Magog.

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  4,072
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  0

On 10/28/2023 at 3:34 PM, Stewardofthemystery said:

Many confuse the battle of Gog and Magog with the battle of Armageddon, but they are not the same event.  The battle of Armageddon happens “before” the thousand year reign of Christ, and the battle of Gog and Magog happens “after” the thousand year reign of Christ.

God and Magog is BEFORE Armageddon, then 1000 years later God has likened the end time setting of this whole evil world and universe on fire to the original Gog & Magog, just like God used the Four Horses to tell us about the Seals in Rev. 6 but it was not the original four horses was it? And God used Daniel 5, the Mene Mene Tekel chapter of Babylon falling to give us Rev. 17 and the Harlot False Religions falling. In the book of Revelation God simply used Old Testament Shadows to show us whats coming in the future. 

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  114
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  969
  • Content Per Day:  2.92

50 minutes ago, Revelation Man said:

God and Magog is BEFORE Armageddon, then 1000 years later God has likened the end time setting of this whole evil world and universe on fire to the original Gog & Magog, just like God used the Four Horses to tell us about the Seals in Rev. 6 but it was not the original four horses was it? And God used Daniel 5, the Mene Mene Tekel chapter of Babylon falling to give us Rev. 17 and the Harlot False Religions falling. In the book of Revelation God simply used Old Testament Shadows to show us whats coming in the future. 

I disagree…

Revelation 20:7-8

King James Version

And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison,

And shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog, and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  114
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  969
  • Content Per Day:  2.92

6 hours ago, Diaste said:

unless Gog is used as a collective for a group of likeminded people and nations, akin to Rev 20.

"and will go out to deceive the nations in the four corners of the earth—Gog and Magog—to assemble them for battle. "

Here the deceived nations are Gog and Magog.

That is a excellent point you just made.  We are told they are gathered from the “nations” from “the four quarters of the earth”

And shall go out to deceive “the nations”which are in “the four quarters of the earth,”Gog, and Magog

So in both events “the nations” are gathered.  But God uses certain key words like “Gog and Magog” to direct your attention to the battle shown in Ezekiel.  But in Revelation 20 we are given by God “the timing of when”that prophecy shall occur.

God did not use the key words “Gog and Magog” to describe the battle of Armageddon.

Edited by Stewardofthemystery

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  4,072
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, Stewardofthemystery said:

I disagree…

Revelation 20:7-8

King James Version

And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison,

And shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog, and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea.

Which proves you do not understand Ezekiel 38 & 39 at all.

Guest AFlameOfFire

Revelation man says, 

God (sic) and Magog is BEFORE Armageddon

But here in Rev 16 is Armageddon

Rev 16:6 And he gathered them together into a place called in the Hebrew tongue Armageddon.

And Gog and Magog are shown AFTER as StewardoftheMysetry points out

Rev 20

Revelation 20:7-8 And when the thousand years are EXPIRED, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison,

And your response to showing Gog and Magog AFTER according to the scriptures posted is

"Which proves you do not understand Ezekiel 38 & 39 at all."

???

What if  he had responded back,

"Which proves you do not understand Rev 16 and 20 at all?"

I mean what kind of response would that be?

Although he could actually make your own invalid argument against you and actually be more correct.

Edited by AFlameOfFire