• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  55
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

Keith,

Thanks for the work you did putting this all together. I hadn't seen the significance of the Sabbath Day explained this way before. Lots to digest!

Isn't is amazing when God reveals something to you that has been there all along, you just haven't "made the connection" before? To me it's as surprising as if I were asleep and he just reached down and "shook" me.

Blessings Bro!

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  197
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,461
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Birthday:  12/31/1949

Remember, the time from Adam to Christ is 4,000 years (or four days). The time from the church period is 2,000 years (or two days). So, could this mean that sometime after six days (or 6,000 years), God will revive Israel and fulfill the promises He made to them?

Soon, and very soon, there's going to be a time of judgment on this earth like never before, just prior to the return of Jesus that the Bible calls "The Great Tribulation." And guess what this is? A seven year period.

When God judged the earth in the days of Noah, and also Sodom and Gomorrah, the unbelievers were taken totally by surprise. But in both cases, the believers weren't because they knew judgment was coming.

What this means is that our time is about up. Sometime very soon, Israel will turn to Jesus as their Messiah and Jesus will come back to earth to begin His reign.

Of course, all of this is "unprovable" and just another theory. But, on the other hand

• Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,067
  • Content Per Day:  0.53
  • Days Won:  5

Very nice Kieth.

I had written something very simular years ago. I started the thread "Why a seven day week?" for your consideration and comfirmation.

Peace

BlindSeeker

• Topic Count:  733
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  3,017
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  04/09/1966

Thanks to everyone who responded. I should say that this isn't my theory. It's been around for some time. Now that more of the pieces are fitting together and the math seems to be adding up, I am greatly interested to see what's to come. Time is definitely short. From my studies and calculations.... very short. We really don't have any more time to "waste." It's time to make some serious decisions and either be 100% for or against Him. By 100% for, I mean living, breathing, walking, running, speaking, acting, concentrating, focusing and be deliberate about our faith and what we're doing in every way.

The midnight hour is approaching. It's 11:59pm.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  414
  • Content Per Day:  0.05

This theory has been around for a long time.

I agree with much of what you have posted; and there are many types or foreshadows of Christ in the old testament.

Another one to consider is Nehemiah. He was the king's cupbearer. He was in a position of trust, a personal assistant to the king. (Just like Jesus is at the right hand of God, the Father.)

In the presence of the king Nehemiah was sad, his heart was full of sorrow. The king noticed as asked why are you sad and full of sorrow?

(No one should be sad in the presence of God.)

Nehemiah was granted permission to rebuild the wall in Jerusalem and was was even given the king's army for protection. He gave God the credit. (Just like Jesus gave His Father glory, and Jesus had an army of angels to call upon, if He choose to.)

Nehemiah was in Jerusalem 3 days, and arose in the night. (Nehemiah 2:6) Nehemiah went from the Serpent Well and the Refuse Gate to the Fountain Gate and to the King's Pool. (Jesus takes us away from the serpent, out of the refuse we are in to the King's Pool.)

Nehemiah was laughed at and mocked. He was accused of rebelling against the king. (Nehemiah 2:19) (Just like Jesus was mocked and accused of rebelling against Rome.)

Nehemiah chap. 3 lists 42 building teams. (In Revelation a time of 42 months is referred to.) Nehemiah chap. 4 refers to a leader that became furious and very indignant against the Jews rebuilding the wall.

Just like Satan is furious with God's followers.

Nehemiah left a very high position; he was living in the King's palace.

(Just like Jesus left His heavenly kingdom to come down to us.) By studying Nehemiah, one can see a foreshadow of Christ.

I do have one quesiton about your post, Keith, what scripture supports a seven year trib. period?

In Christ,

CarolineS

• 2 weeks later...
Guest FoundmyFaith

Awesome Keith, as someone who has finally found his faith after a long time of unrest. What you feel and shared with this board has trully lifted me up.

I do have one quesiton about your post, Keith, what scripture supports a seven year trib. period?

In Christ,

CarolineS

Caroline,

I'm sorry to be getting to your post so late. I had almost forgotten about this thread! To answer your question....

Throughout Scripture, the Tribulation is referred to by other names such as:

1) The Day of the Lord (Isaiah 2:12; 13:6, 9; Joel 1:15, 2:1, 11, 31, 3:14; 1 Thessalonians 5:2)

2) trouble or tribulation (Deuteronomy 4:30; Zephaniah 1:1)

3) Great Tribulation which refers to the most intense second half of the 7-year period (Matthew 24:21)

4) time or day of trouble (Daniel 12:1; Zephaniah 1:15)

5) time of Jacob's trouble (Jeremiah 30:7)

Daniel 9:24-27 is key to understanding the time and purpose of the Tribulation. It talks about 70 weeks that have been declared against "your people." Daniel's "people" are the Jews, the nation of Israel, and Daniel 9:24 talks about a period of time that God has given..... "to finish the transgression, to make an end of sin, to make atonement for iniquity, to bring in everlasting righteousness, to seal up vision and prophecy, and to anoint the most holy place." God declares that "70 weeks" will fulfill all these things.

The Hebrew word that is used and translated as "week" is "heptad." When 70 weeks is mentioned, it's not talking about 7 days as we know it. Heptad in this passage, in Hebrew, means 7 and 70 weeks. In other words, 70 sevens (70 times 7).

This time that God is talking about is actually 70 sevens of years, or 490 years. Daniel 9:25-26 confirms it. Daniel is told that the Messiah will be cut off "7 weeks and 62 weeks" (69 weeks total) beginning with the decree to rebuild Jerusalem. In other words, 69 sevens of years (483 years) after the decree to rebuild Jerusalem, the Messiah will be cutoff. Biblical historians confirmed that 483 years passed from the time of the decree to rebuild Jerusalem to the time when Jesus was crucified.

With 483 years having passed from the decree to rebuild Jerusalem to the cutting off of the Messiah, this leaves 1 seven (7 years) to be fulfilled according to Daniel 9:24: "to finish the transgression, to make an end of sin, to make atonement for iniquity, to bring in everlasting righteousness, to seal up vision and prophecy, and to anoint the most holy place."

This final 7-year period is known as the Tribulation period, the time when God finishes judging Israel for their sin and, at the same time, judge the unbelieving world for their sin.

I have a little more information on this if you would like it... regarding the seven years of Tribulation. Daniel 9:27 gives us some insight to those years. This verse also goes into confirmation of the split of the seven years of tribulation, with the last half of it being the Great Tribulation. This is confirmed again in Revelation 13, specifically in verse 5. Daniel 7:25 also refers to the Great Tribulation when the beast will be in power.

Revelation 11:2-3 and Daniel 12:11-12 are two other references to the tribulation period, both referencing a midpoint. If you have any other questions, feel free to ask. I don't claim to be a great scholar, but I have put a great deal of time and study into the end times.

• Topic Count:  439
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  7,315
  • Content Per Day:  0.93

I know I'm babbling now, and I'm sorry. I just feel so much love, joy and gratitude to the Father for anything and everything! Most of all for knowing me and the number of hairs on my head, loving me in spite of myself, caring about what happens to me, giving His Son to die for my filth, planning for my arrival on earth and in heaven, and for forgiving - without condemnation - the many wasted years I've spent selfishly. Yeah, gratitude is a good word for it!

No, you aren't babbling, Keith. I'm so glad you posted this. I wrestle with feelings of fear and sorrow...mainly because I dwell on my past and all of my failures.

Reading and feeding on the posts of so many brethren like yourself, is refreshing to me and a comfort. The insights of yourself and others encourage me.

Sometimes I feel very alone. Part of that has to do with having just moved to a new place (out in the dessert, of all places) and part of it is the difficulty of the journey in this wilderness (spiritually speaking).

Thank you for this study...it's very helpful. I'm definitely in the "search mode" right now.

Edited by catsmeow

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  55
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  28

Thank you Keith for writing this, its very true what you are saying its very late.......

I like the saying you wrote:You will begin to live when you lose yourself in God's purpose for you.

Amen, I agree for 100%

Angels :thumbsup:

Cats - I'd like to recommend a book to you that I think would bring you some much needed comfort. I'll even send it to you if you'd like! Just PM me your address if you'd like it. It's called When Christ Comes by Max Lucado. Here's what the back cover says...

Would you like to discuss the end of time and feel better because of it? Life with no end? Space wiht no bounds? And what about Armageddon, the Lake of Fire, The Mark of the Beast? Am I supposed to feel good about all this?

If these words could be yours, you aren't alone. There is much about the end of history we don't understand. But while thoughts on the final day will stir our questions, they needn't stir our fears. Regarding that day, Jesus urged, "Don't let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God, and trust in me" (John 14:1)

Max Lucado believes the day Christ comes will be the "beginning of the very best." Our primary task is to be prepared and peaceful while we wait.

If you have some questions about the end of time...

If you have concenrs about what will happen to you....

If you like to look to the end of times as a source of comfort and not chaos...

YOU ARE HOLDING THE RIGHT BOOK.