• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  733
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  3,017
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  04/09/1966

Angels - Thanks. I fully believe my signature quote, too. I've experienced it first-hand! This topic is very dear to me because I believe it's part of my calling to comfort those who know Him regarding the last days. And to encourage others to prepare, having their lamp full of oil, and waiting expectantly!

Because the end is foreshadowed in the beginning, we are learning so much more about the last days. If Jesus' return is at the midnight hour, I believe the time is now 11:59 and 30 seconds. Our Bridegroom is coming soon!

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry, Mark, I'm not bold enough to go there! I mean, I wouldn't dare (personally) to pin point it down that far. The Bible says we can know the season and that's about enough for me! I'm not afraid of it by any means, but I don't want to fall into error (personally) by trying to pinpoint it down any further unless I felt God were leading me. :thumbsup:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  414
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0

I do have one quesiton about your post, Keith, what scripture supports a seven year trib. period?

In Christ,

CarolineS

Caroline,

I'm sorry to be getting to your post so late. I had almost forgotten about this thread! To answer your question....

Throughout Scripture, the Tribulation is referred to by other names such as:

1) The Day of the Lord (Isaiah 2:12; 13:6, 9; Joel 1:15, 2:1, 11, 31, 3:14; 1 Thessalonians 5:2)

2) trouble or tribulation (Deuteronomy 4:30; Zephaniah 1:1)

3) Great Tribulation which refers to the most intense second half of the 7-year period (Matthew 24:21)

4) time or day of trouble (Daniel 12:1; Zephaniah 1:15)

5) time of Jacob's trouble (Jeremiah 30:7)

Daniel 9:24-27 is key to understanding the time and purpose of the Tribulation. It talks about 70 weeks that have been declared against "your people." Daniel's "people" are the Jews, the nation of Israel, and Daniel 9:24 talks about a period of time that God has given..... "to finish the transgression, to make an end of sin, to make atonement for iniquity, to bring in everlasting righteousness, to seal up vision and prophecy, and to anoint the most holy place." God declares that "70 weeks" will fulfill all these things.

The Hebrew word that is used and translated as "week" is "heptad." When 70 weeks is mentioned, it's not talking about 7 days as we know it. Heptad in this passage, in Hebrew, means 7 and 70 weeks. In other words, 70 sevens (70 times 7).

This time that God is talking about is actually 70 sevens of years, or 490 years. Daniel 9:25-26 confirms it. Daniel is told that the Messiah will be cut off "7 weeks and 62 weeks" (69 weeks total) beginning with the decree to rebuild Jerusalem. In other words, 69 sevens of years (483 years) after the decree to rebuild Jerusalem, the Messiah will be cutoff. Biblical historians confirmed that 483 years passed from the time of the decree to rebuild Jerusalem to the time when Jesus was crucified.

With 483 years having passed from the decree to rebuild Jerusalem to the cutting off of the Messiah, this leaves 1 seven (7 years) to be fulfilled according to Daniel 9:24: "to finish the transgression, to make an end of sin, to make atonement for iniquity, to bring in everlasting righteousness, to seal up vision and prophecy, and to anoint the most holy place."

This final 7-year period is known as the Tribulation period, the time when God finishes judging Israel for their sin and, at the same time, judge the unbelieving world for their sin.

I have a little more information on this if you would like it... regarding the seven years of Tribulation. Daniel 9:27 gives us some insight to those years. This verse also goes into confirmation of the split of the seven years of tribulation, with the last half of it being the Great Tribulation. This is confirmed again in Revelation 13, specifically in verse 5. Daniel 7:25 also refers to the Great Tribulation when the beast will be in power.

Revelation 11:2-3 and Daniel 12:11-12 are two other references to the tribulation period, both referencing a midpoint. If you have any other questions, feel free to ask. I don't claim to be a great scholar, but I have put a great deal of time and study into the end times.

Keith,

Thank you for the reply. However, I don't see things exactly the way that you do.

The scripture in Isaiah and Joel refer to the Day of the Lord. I see this as a separate event from the tribulation period. I believe the church will go through a time of testing and sifting before Christ returns. God's true church or bride will be separated from the world. Those who are not true followers of Christ will not hold to the truth, they will bail out and follow the ways of the world. Christ will return at the end of this period, and the day he does return is the Day of the Lord.

Daniel 9:24-27 refers to a time of probation for the Jewish people. The decree to rebuild Jerusalem, spoken of by the angel to Daniel, was given in 457 BC. The rebuilding of Jerusalem was completed by 408 BC. Jesus was baptized in 27 AD, exactly 483 years after the commandment to restore Jerusalem.

Jesus was crucified in 31 AD, the middle of the seventieth week. Christ brought an end to the sacrificial service by dying for the salvation of the world.

In 34 AD, the stoning of Stephen, the first Christian martyr, marked the close of Israel's seventy-week (490-year) probation. After the stoning of Stephen the gospel was taken to the Gentiles, and the Christian church was born. Judaism as a nation gave way to spiritual Israel, the church.

In Christ,

CarolineS

• Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,067
  • Content Per Day:  0.53
  • Days Won:  5

Keith,

Thank you for the reply. However, I don't see things exactly the way that you do.

The scripture in Isaiah and Joel refer to the Day of the Lord. I see this as a separate event from the tribulation period. I believe the church will go through a time of testing and sifting before Christ returns. God's true church or bride will be separated from the world. Those who are not true followers of Christ will not hold to the truth, they will bail out and follow the ways of the world. Christ will return at the end of this period, and the day he does return is the Day of the Lord.

Daniel 9:24-27 refers to a time of probation for the Jewish people. The decree to rebuild Jerusalem, spoken of by the angel to Daniel, was given in 457 BC. The rebuilding of Jerusalem was completed by 408 BC. Jesus was baptized in 27 AD, exactly 483 years after the commandment to restore Jerusalem.

Jesus was crucified in 31 AD, the middle of the seventieth week. Christ brought an end to the sacrificial service by dying for the salvation of the world.

I agree with you up to this point Caroline, the following I do not believe was the conclusion of the 70th week however . . .

In 34 AD, the stoning of Stephen, the first Christian martyr, marked the close of Israel's seventy-week (490-year) probation. After the stoning of Stephen the gospel was taken to the Gentiles, and the Christian church was born. Judaism as a nation gave way to spiritual Israel, the church.

In Christ,

CarolineS

Peace,

Keith,

That's perfectly fine! I'm certainly not offended or think I should debate you (or anyone else) into believing as I do. Certainly not about the end times of all things! I don't think any one person (including myself) has it all right. It's a pretty deep subject and it can be very confusing.

The main thing is that Jesus is returning and soon! We are all going to be together with Him for all eternity! No matter what theory is correct... pre-trib, mid-trib, post-trib or whether there are seven years of tribulation, no years, or a hundred years... the main thing is that we keep our hearts ready and are living rightly and staying close to Him at all times! :emot-hug::21:

I appreciate your taking the time to respond, Caroline!

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,254
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

The main thing is that Jesus is returning and soon! We are all going to be together with Him for all eternity! No matter what theory is correct... pre-trib, mid-trib, post-trib or whether there are seven years of tribulation, no years, or a hundred years... the main thing is that we keep our hearts ready and are living rightly and staying close to Him at all times! :emot-hug::21:

Good way to be Keith. Ten thousand years into eternity I doubt many of us will give much thought to those last 7 years anyway, no matter how bad it gets. Staying close to Him so as to be with Him is what is important.

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  54
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

Angels - Thanks. I fully believe my signature quote, too. I've experienced it first-hand!

Or you just fully believe you've experienced it, and continue to believe you livin' it ?

I hope you know the difference between belief and truth. And all I am saying is that I'm glad that

you feel OK.

much love !

Angels - Thanks. I fully believe my signature quote, too. I've experienced it first-hand!

Or you just fully believe you've experienced it, and continue to believe you livin' it ?

I hope you know the difference between belief and truth. And all I am saying is that I'm glad that

you feel OK.

much love !

Being that you don't know the first thing about me and we have never spoken, how can you consider what you posted appropriate? It was hardly Christ-like and it's not even true. It was rude and insulting. And then to top it off the insult, you sign-off with "much love!" That's hypocrisy because there was no love in your post.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  414
  • Content Per Day:  0.05

That's perfectly fine! I'm certainly not offended or think I should debate you (or anyone else) into believing as I do. Certainly not about the end times of all things! I don't think any one person (including myself) has it all right. It's a pretty deep subject and it can be very confusing.

The main thing is that Jesus is returning and soon! We are all going to be together with Him for all eternity! No matter what theory is correct... pre-trib, mid-trib, post-trib or whether there are seven years of tribulation, no years, or a hundred years... the main thing is that we keep our hearts ready and are living rightly and staying close to Him at all times! :blink::o

I appreciate your taking the time to respond, Caroline!

My thoughts exactly!

This is something I am continuing to study; and I do like to read different viewpoints. I am still looking for scripture that supports a seven year period of time. Thanks for the reply.

In Christ,

CarolineS

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  54
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

you feel OK.

much love !

Being that you don't know the first thing about me and we have never spoken, how can you consider what you posted appropriate? It was hardly Christ-like and it's not even true. It was rude and insulting. And then to top it off the insult, you sign-off with "much love!" That's hypocrisy because there was no love in your post.

It is appropriate, because I've asked you a Question based upon your statement that you've

experienced first hand God's confession to you, about your purpose.

There is millions of people believing in second life, after physical death, truth is, as long it didn't

happen', it still is only a belief.

There is absolutely nothing rude and insulting in my communication with you. Simply , what I feel about your statement, in form of a Question.

There is no need, whatsoever, for you to trigger global depression, over legit question.

And to throw all kinda Judgements around. Talking about hypocrisy. :blink:

much time