• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,052
  • Content Per Day:  3.30
  • Days Won:  0

11 hours ago, Marilyn C said:

Yes, I do agree with all but one of your points. That is wonderful, and I would dare to say that having a different understanding of our inheritance will not keep us from our true inheritance. One day, (very soon I believe) we will know.

Very well laid out there Ad Hoc. I think God has been working on our attitude with each other. :)

I do believe you are right. But its refreshing to see somebody passionate about what they've seen. I was a passenger from London once and was seated in economy behind three orthodox Jews. They were discussing in Yiddish so I don't know what the subject was, but it got louder and louder with hands flying. The crew and nearby passengers all looked perturbed as it looked like a fistfight was imminent. Then came the meal. The three joined hands, prayed, and ate in perfect peace. We Christians can learn from that.

Two things can really evoke passion; 1. Being wrong, and 2. one's opponent being wrong and not seeing it. And we all have our limit ... which the Lord allows us to reach for training purposes.

Go well sister.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  267
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,225
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

On 11/18/2023 at 10:46 AM, AdHoc said:

If I'm not mistaken, we agree on all except the first. But your comments and counters are most welcome.

Hi Ad Hoc,

Just so readers know - that `first point` was the Eternal Purposes. So, would you like to have a `Soapbox Debate ` here on Worthy? We can ask George and he will set it up for us so that only us two can comment, but others can all read.

If you would like a debate then -

I suggest `Where is our inheritance, heaven or earth? ` as the topic. What do you think?

13 hours ago, Marilyn C said:

Hi Ad Hoc,

Just so readers know - that `first point` was the Eternal Purposes. So, would you like to have a `Soapbox Debate ` here on Worthy? We can ask George and he will set it up for us so that only us two can comment, but others can all read.

If you would like a debate then -

I suggest `Where is our inheritance, heaven or earth? ` as the topic. What do you think?

That is a tough one. We both put forward arguments at length the time before. I would hate to repeat all that for the sake of being right. That sounds like an ego trip. On the other hand, if you think somebody will profit from one of the points of view, I'll accept the challenge. But do we need to do it on a special Forum? I've never followed a debate yet. Why not ask Denis and use this thread which seems to have exhausted itself, or, start a new one.

If you do, we have to be sure of the theme because Eternal Purpose and Inheritance are two different words. Ephesians 3:11 is not Matthew 5:5, which again is not Matthew 19:29. We don't want to defend a case and then discover we were talking of different things.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, AdHoc said:

That is a tough one. We both put forward arguments at length the time before. I would hate to repeat all that for the sake of being right. That sounds like an ego trip. On the other hand, if you think somebody will profit from one of the points of view, I'll accept the challenge. But do we need to do it on a special Forum? I've never followed a debate yet. Why not ask Denis and use this thread which seems to have exhausted itself, or, start a new one.

If you do, we have to be sure of the theme because Eternal Purpose and Inheritance are two different words. Ephesians 3:11 is not Matthew 5:5, which again is not Matthew 19:29. We don't want to defend a case and then discover we were talking of different things.

Thank you for accepting the challenge. It is no ego trip as I`m sure both of us desire truth, even if shown to be wrong in some area. Now we could have it here but people can interrupt, also it will get `lost` with other threads on top, and then people wont know the discussion/debate because of a different name to the thread. Even a new thread will still allow others to comment and disrupt the debate. Also, it will eventually get lost down the row of other threads.

Thus, I do encourage you to have the debate in the right area as it will stay there for years and so many more people can read it. Also, no one can interrupt, and if we need a space to attend to do something in life then a day or two does not interfere with the debate.

Then about the topic, I agree it needs to be fairly clear, so I suggest - `Where is our in eternal destination, in heaven or on the earth? `

What do you say?

• Thumbs Up 1

40 minutes ago, Marilyn C said:

Thank you for accepting the challenge. It is no ego trip as I`m sure both of us desire truth, even if shown to be wrong in some area. Now we could have it here but people can interrupt, also it will get `lost` with other threads on top, and then people wont know the discussion/debate because of a different name to the thread. Even a new thread will still allow others to comment and disrupt the debate. Also, it will eventually get lost down the row of other threads.

Thus, I do encourage you to have the debate in the right area as it will stay there for years and so many more people can read it. Also, no one can interrupt, and if we need a space to attend to do something in life then a day or two does not interfere with the debate.

Then about the topic, I agree it needs to be fairly clear, so I suggest - `Where is our in eternal destination, in heaven or on the earth? `

What do you say?

Your reasons are flawless. Yes. What is my part in setting it up? I don't mind if you have the first word.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  349
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,506
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, AdHoc said:

Your reasons are flawless. Yes. What is my part in setting it up? I don't mind if you have the first word.

Round one:  

:horse:

1 minute ago, Dennis1209 said:

Round one:  

:horse:

The last one went the full 12 rounds and was very energetic. Nobody takes prisoners on this subject.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

4 hours ago, AdHoc said:

The last one went the full 12 rounds and was very energetic. Nobody takes prisoners on this subject.

;)

6 hours ago, AdHoc said:

Very gracious. I will PM George and he will contact you. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  279
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  13,117
  • Content Per Day:  9.69
  • Days Won:  149

On 11/16/2023 at 10:05 AM, Dennis1209 said:

I remember taking long family drives, going on vacation, or visiting family. My young children in the back seat constantly ask, “Are we there yet? Are we there yet?” To appease them, I would respond, we are getting closer. I also remember back then, my normal is not today’s normal. Inquitity and lawlessness are abounding today. 

Mostly, I am preaching to the choir with my thoughts. We are now living in dangerous and extraordinary times with antisemitism not seen since WW II and gaining traction. Everyone should have the intuitive sense everything today is ultimately leading to big changes never seen before. The world is going crazy; is it demonic, hearts have waxed cold, blinded in part, been turned over to a debased mind, or is God’s plan rapidly coming together as foretold?

It is much too long to delve into how things have and are shaping up, but recently, the nation of Algeria has entered the fray to war against Israel, with a 100% vote to do so. One day soon, the “whole world” will come against Israel. Is that possible? God says it will!

The world is not falling into pieces; the pieces are falling into place.” ~ Jan Markell, Olive Tree Ministries.

In masses, the American and global marches and protests support a terrorist group that beheads and slaughters innocent babies and children, rapes women, parades naked survivors of the holocaust, then kills them and burns people alive in their homes. Israel is the bad guy, the bully on the block. Are you kidding me? How can anyone justify their brutal, outrageous behavior and support? World sentiment and hatred are rapidly growing against Israel.

2 Thessalonians 2:7 For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way.

The Holy Spirit indwells every believer; collectively, we are the church of Christ. The Holy Spirit is the restrainer and works through His body, the church suppressing and restraining evil. When He is taken out of the way, I believe that is symbolic of the Rapture of the church.

Imagine how fast evil will escalate when the Restrainer is suddenly removed. What things and events has this generation seen and witnessed in real-time? Are all these things Jesus talked about coming to fruition?

Luke 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

As time has gone on I try to see these details as they seem to be developing. The anti semitism is a big one.Principalities and powers. Powers aside from God seemingly in control, but in reality only on a tether. A tether that slowly reels them all in over time.

I am of a slightly different opinion on the restrainer who could be a high ranking angel.  Could be several things. Believers apart from God are nothing so far as a match to these principalities without our vine. We do have the upper hand but some things are a mystery as to why God allows some of us to be captired and killed by the enemy, but we know this to be true since the word says it will happen in the end times. The inherent souls of men, even corrupt ones will always have a semblence of law and order. It's when we introduce full unrestrained evil that inhuman things happen by demonically driven and controlled men and women.

So what "lifts" that protection would be the scale tipping to this demonic control using whatever means it has here. 

Another mystery is that we know the other side knows the bible and prophecy, which leads me to think the ways in which a lot of this will be fulfilled not look obvious to the enemy. Just as Jesus was hidden from death by Herod, these events will be hidden until they happen. Are we super studied and wise enough to know all of them? I don't believe so, but I think we will immediately know when they are uncovered.

Some think Israel will never be tipped, but I believe there are passages that point to a temporary tip to insert the man of sin, so it may appear Israel was tipped. WE also need a temple of some kind for the man of sin to be in. The MOS will bring what looks like peace to the region and will be praised. Is this why Iran has opted to look like they aren't involved? Could they be helping to usher in such a person and didn't want to look unpeaceful by lobbing bombs? I dunno. A lot of this is just specualtion on my part, but I do believe we will know it when we see it. They OTOH won't see the moves to upend them. It's important to note that even though there will be peace in the region, it does not suggest there is peace everywhere. In fact the MOS goes to war apparently on several fronts at other locations. Would this ongoing resistance to him signify that a resistance is still intact? 

Many in the world are not religious people and maybe those are the ones who will see through all of this because those who are religious will be duped by their own books.

• Thumbs Up 1