• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,378
  • Content Per Day:  0.63
  • Days Won:  1

2 hours ago, Shilohsfoal said:

sadly ,you don't know scripture

This is a vapid, unsupported, dishonest (repeated) statement.

I have supported every claim I made about scripture with a hermeneutically sound consideration of context.

By contrast, you have simply repeated this irrational (Adhominem) accusation against me without any form of supporting rebuttal argument. You are incapable of supporting your position with rational arguments, so you revert to making silly, puerile claims about me personally.

you believe this generation of scribes and Pharisees no longer exist but in reality,they do

That is not how words work.

The phrase "this generation" is very specific to the generation being spoken to. It does not mean, 'this, and every subsequent, generation'. This is an overtly nonsense, and dishonest way to interpret any communication (but especially scripture).

Try paying attention to scripture and you will find that Jesus said these things take place just before his coming.not 2000 years before his coming.

I have supported all my uses of scripture with a careful consideration of the context. 

You have made nebulous, unsupported claims about what you think scripture means - and empty insinuations against those who dare challenge you.

Now here is what you say will not take place.

Therefore I am sending you prophets and sages and teachers. Some of them you will kill and crucify; others you will flog in your synagogues and pursue from town to town.

You claim that it is a lie to say Jesus disciples will be beaten in the synagogues and persecuted from town to town in Israel.But that is exactly what Jesus teaches in the gospel.

All of this is a lie. I did not "claim "any of what you falsely attribute to me. You are therefore being intentionally dishonest (technically irrational Stawmanning).

My claim is that Matthew 23 self-evidently, does not refer to the current state of Israel, nor is it related to the current conflict between Israel and Gaza (which is the topic of this thread).

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  153
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  5,881
  • Content Per Day:  2.46

4 hours ago, Tristen said:

This is a vapid, unsupported, dishonest (repeated) statement.

I have supported every claim I made about scripture with a hermeneutically sound consideration of context.

By contrast, you have simply repeated this irrational (Adhominem) accusation against me without any form of supporting rebuttal argument. You are incapable of supporting your position with rational arguments, so you revert to making silly, puerile claims about me personally.

That is not how words work.

The phrase "this generation" is very specific to the generation being spoken to. It does not mean, 'this, and every subsequent, generation'. This is an overtly nonsense, and dishonest way to interpret any communication (but especially scripture).

I have supported all my uses of scripture with a careful consideration of the context. 

You have made nebulous, unsupported claims about what you think scripture means - and empty insinuations against those who dare challenge you.

All of this is a lie. I did not "claim "any of what you falsely attribute to me. You are therefore being intentionally dishonest (technically irrational Stawmanning).

My claim is that Matthew 23 self-evidently, does not refer to the current state of Israel, nor is it related to the current conflict between Israel and Gaza (which is the topic of this thread).

You have done nothing but lie and say the prophecies Jesus spoke of concerning his disciples being killed by Jews will not take place .Jesus plainly states this persecution of the saints takes place prior to his coming and will end with his coming.Mathew 23 says the same thing Mathew 10 and mathew 24 says about that persecution which you say is a lie..

Below is all of the things genea can mean so yes,this generation is still here.This is how the word works and can work.

Word: genea

Pronounce: ghen-eh-ah'

Strongs Number: G1074

Orig: from (a presumed derivative of) 1085; a generation; by implication, an age (the period or the persons):--age, generation, nation, time. G1085

Use: TDNT-1:662,114 Noun Feminine

Heb Strong: H410 H1755 H2233 H2567 H3117 H3211 H4940 H5971 H7256 H8029

1. 1) fathered, birth, nativity
    2) that which has been begotten, men of the same stock, a family
    2a) the several ranks of natural descent, the successive members of a genealogy
    2b) metaph. a group of men very like each other in endowments, pursuits, character
    2b1) esp. in a bad sense, a perverse nation
    3) the whole multitude of men living at the same time
    4) an age (i.e. the time ordinarily occupied by each successive generation), a space of 30-33 years

This generation will be killing all the disciples of Jesus in Israel.Yhey will be persecuted from town to town is Israel till Christ comes just as Jesus said in n Mathew 23 and Mathew 10

23 But when they persecute you in this city, flee ye into another: for verily I say unto you, Ye shall not have gone over the cities of Israel, till the Son of man be come.

And they will be beaten in the synagogues just as Jesus said Mathew 23 and Mathew 24.

34 Therefore I am sending you prophets and sages and teachers. Some of them you will kill and crucify; others you will flog in your synagogues and pursue from town to town.

When Christ comes,that beast will be cast into the lake of fire and the false prophet who helps that beast as well.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers

You have done nothing but lie and say the prophecies Jesus spoke of concerning his disciples being killed by Jews will not take place

Lol. You are now lying about me lying.

I did not "say" any of the things you are attributing to me.

Perhaps you think applying a Tu Quoque fallacy is clever. It is not. Generally speaking, use of fallacy is the opposite of clever.

Jesus plainly states this persecution of the saints takes place prior to his coming and will end with his coming.Mathew 23 says the same thing Mathew 10 and mathew 24 says about that persecution which you say is a lie..

I did not claim anything Jesus said to be a lie. Therefore, it is you who are once again being dishonest.

Everything you have written to me in this thread has been dishonest or wrong on some level. 

Below is all of the things genea can mean so yes,this generation is still here.This is how the word works and can work.

Word: genea

Pronounce: ghen-eh-ah'

Strongs Number: G1074

Orig: from (a presumed derivative of) 1085; a generation; by implication, an age (the period or the persons):--age, generation, nation, time. G1085

Use: TDNT-1:662,114 Noun Feminine

Heb Strong: H410 H1755 H2233 H2567 H3117 H3211 H4940 H5971 H7256 H8029

1. 1) fathered, birth, nativity
    2) that which has been begotten, men of the same stock, a family
    2a) the several ranks of natural descent, the successive members of a genealogy
    2b) metaph. a group of men very like each other in endowments, pursuits, character
    2b1) esp. in a bad sense, a perverse nation
    3) the whole multitude of men living at the same time
    4) an age (i.e. the time ordinarily occupied by each successive generation), a space of 30-33 years

There is nothing in your convoluted definition that would make the phrase "this generation" be inclusive of future generations. Your claim remains an obvious logical nonsense.

This generation will be killing all the disciples of Jesus in Israel

Is the nation of Israel currently "killing all the disciples of Jesus in Israel"?

If not, your point based on this passage is irrelevant to the conversation over who is to blame for the situation in Gaza. You are therefore misusing a passage scripture, that is irrelevant to the circumstance being discussed, to falsely attack Israel for defending itself against terrorism.

The evil party in the situation is the terrorist organization. Israel is completely justified in hunting down those who commit terrorist attacks against Jewish civilians. That is true, regardless of whether or not the state of Israel will one day turn against Christians.

• Thumbs Up 2

14 minutes ago, Tristen said:

Lol. You are now lying about me lying.

I did not "say" any of the things you are attributing to me.

Perhaps you think applying a Tu Quoque fallacy is clever. It is not. Generally speaking, use of fallacy is the opposite of clever.

I did not claim anything Jesus said to be a lie. Therefore, it is you who are once again being dishonest.

Everything you have written to me in this thread has been dishonest or wrong on some level. 

There is nothing in your convoluted definition that would make the phrase "this generation" be inclusive of future generations. Your claim remains an obvious logical nonsense.

Is the nation of Israel currently "killing all the disciples of Jesus in Israel"?

If not, your point based on this passage is irrelevant to the conversation over who is to blame for the situation in Gaza. You are therefore misusing a passage scripture, that is irrelevant to the circumstance being discussed, to falsely attack Israel for defending itself against terrorism.

The evil party in the situation is the terrorist organization. Israel is completely justified in hunting down those who commit terrorist attacks against Jewish civilians. That is true, regardless of whether or not the state of Israel will one day turn against Christians.

Israel is not hunting down terrorists.

They are terrorists bombing everyone including women children and even infants.Israrl is even killing Israelis who beg for help while carrying white flags.They are bombing churches and shooting Christian women.

And you say they are hunting down terrorists.

Since when did Christian women become terrorists in your eyes?

When did you start labeling infants as terrorists?

Edited by Shilohsfoal

• Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,712
  • Content Per Day:  2.45
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

Last I checked not only is Israel not Babylon, but the premise that Israel has been the aggressor towards Palestine is a flat out lie. Unless you count giving them food, money and medical supplies for decades as attacking them. Which Hamas has been stealing those supplies from their own people to use to attack Israel.

So since your very premise is devoid of facts, it stands to reason your entire post is inaccurate and not worth considering.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Well Said! 1

2 hours ago, The_Patriot21 said:

Last I checked not only is Israel not Babylon, but the premise that Israel has been the aggressor towards Palestine is a flat out lie. Unless you count giving them food, money and medical supplies for decades as attacking them. Which Hamas has been stealing those supplies from their own people to use to attack Israel.

So since your very premise is devoid of facts, it stands to reason your entire post is inaccurate and not worth considering.

It's the bible that says Lucifer, king of Babylon is the aggressor against Palestinia and Lebanon before the time of the end.I dont see anyone else attacking Palestinia and Lebanon .Do you?

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,245
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

1 hour ago, Shilohsfoal said:

It's the bible that says Lucifer, king of Babylon is the aggressor against Palestinia and Lebanon before the time of the end.I dont see anyone else attacking Palestinia and Lebanon .Do you?

Spiritually...     Yes...   Iran.

10 hours ago, Shilohsfoal said:

Israel is not hunting down terrorists.

They are terrorists bombing everyone including women children and even infants.Israrl is even killing Israelis who beg for help while carrying white flags.They are bombing churches and shooting Christian women.

And you say they are hunting down terrorists.

Since when did Christian women become terrorists in your eyes?

When did you start labeling infants as terrorists?

Add this to the list of dishonest rhetoric saturating your posts. At least this is on-topic.

If Israel wanted to indiscriminately carpet bomb Gaza, they have the military assets to do so. Hamas has been firing copious rockets into Israel since (and before) they took power in Gaza. Israel has therefore had plenty of opportunity and justification to do what you are suggesting.

But Israel is not doing this. Instead, they are targeting Hamas. Instead, Israeli forces have rules of engagement to limit non-combatant casualties. But in a war where your enemies routinely hide behind civilians, civilian casualties are inevitable.

Are the civilian casualties Israel's fault for going after terrorists who kill Jewish civilians, OR is it perhaps the terrorist's fault for committing acts of terrorism, then running home to hide behind the civilians?

Perhaps you think Israel is the only nation on earth that is not permitted to defend its people against such brutal aggression?

By contrast, the terrorists unequivocally targeted unarmed Israeli civilians (including whole families with "infants") for murder, and torture, and rape, and kidnap.

And the world is so thoroughly corrupted, that they use this inhumane terrorist attack against Israeli Jews as a motivation to garnish global condemnation against Israel.

Isaiah 5:20
Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil;

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,712
  • Content Per Day:  2.45
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

5 hours ago, Shilohsfoal said:

There's one small issue with your anti semitic nonsense.

Israel isn't attacking Palestine. It's defending itself against baseless attacks from Palestine.

There's a even bigger issue. Israel is God's chosen people. God wouldnt use His chosen people as Babylon.

Do I see anyone else attacking them? Well I mean Jordan kicked Hamas out long before they were in the gaza strip.

Egypt entered combat with them, though like Israel their actions have largely been in defense as well.

As far as someone actively attacking them? Just because it hasn't happened yet or they arnt who you think they should be, doesn't give you justification to try and force your own unbiblical agenda into it.

Which is what your doing. Your lying about the facts, in order to make them fit your narrative.

3 hours ago, other one said:

Spiritually...     Yes...   Iran.

Good grief.

Israel droping 2000 pound bombs on peoples homes and you think Iran is beating them.