• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,140
  • Content Per Day:  4.62
  • Days Won:  327

12 minutes ago, Starise said:

Let's get back to "demons attacking me day and night".

Western culture for the most part has relegated them to horror movies, and those representations are often not accurate.

Demons being those spirits who lost their bodies in the flood go around the earth looking for hosts to inhabit and the bible tells us many of them can possess one person.

What isn't always so obvious is they can be in a person but not be apparent, sometimes not even to the person. Yet another misleading hollywood depiction. Sure, they are apparent in some cases , but I suspect they are more likely to want to stay hidden in a person.

I remember one case of a friend who was dating this girl and at one point he looked into her eyes and seen vertical slits for pupils. It only surfaced for a second 0r two. I have been privy to this one too in another person who I didn't know. They evaded me like the plague.

I'm not saying this is always what happens when a person is possessed, because it isn't what always happens. People who get so mad they loose their faculties temporarily are ripe for it. There are seducing and lying spirits too who will possess.

I admit to at one point in my life having that hanging over me because of sin which opened the door to them. 

This should be a part of what the NT church does when they encounter these people, yet many of them don't have the knowledge of what to do or how to proceed. If someone shows up at your local baptist, presbyterian, methodist church who has a demon or demons and wants deliverance, do you have a game plan? 

Ironically they are better equipped in 3rd world counries that 1st world countries. One local church to my denomination had a conference on them.

It should be noted there are also churches who misrepresent the scriptures when it comes to demons. These would be the churches that say there is a demon for everything instead of acknowledging the sinful human nature as being largely responsible for much of it. Instead they make up a demon for it.

Why?

Why get back to the Topic when the OP has not been here since February?Just curious .... I'm just not sure what the topic is really,seems to have gone sideways quite some time ago

• Interesting! 1

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  279
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  13,083
  • Content Per Day:  9.74
  • Days Won:  149

11 minutes ago, kwikphilly said:

Why?

Why get back to the Topic when the OP has not been here since February?Just curious .... I'm just not sure what the topic is really,seems to have gone sideways quite some time ago

Well maybe he(they) will come back and update us, and if not some of this can maybe be helpful to others. No rules saying we can't comment on old threads or bring them back to topic right?

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,140
  • Content Per Day:  4.62
  • Days Won:  327

5 hours ago, Starise said:

Well maybe he(they) will come back and update us, and if not some of this can maybe be helpful to others. No rules saying we can't comment on old threads or bring them back to topic right?

I never said there was anything wrong with resurrecting any topic-I asked " why" and also added why I asked - just curious

Rather than thinking to myself" why is he replying to this old thread when no one's here,it ran its course & then some " imo- figured I'd ask

No need to be defensive- if I meant anything more I'd of said so 😍

Not intended to be defensive. TBH I commented because someone else bumped it, or at least it was at the top of the list. 

I miss some of these who stop by and never return as well. It would be nice to get a few of them back and ask them why they stopped.

Imagine how many we would have if everyone in the last year had stayed, but they leave and we most often never know why. 

• Interesting! 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  404
  • Content Per Day:  0.32
  • Days Won:  0

People are checking in, reading posts, but not bothering to join in.

I'm doing the same.

Is it apathy?

What happened to us?

@Duck

I had a post started that I eventually decided not to post. On it were some of the ones who came here and added a lot to the place, not that everyone who is here doesn't. 

My intention was to @ them all and see if they come back to tell us why they haven't come back because frankly I miss a lot of them. 

Sometimes on a forum things can seem to be coasting along with nothing to gather. Unlike some other forums there is a criteria here designed to eliminate what I'll call the "riff raff", so a few that have gone, should have gone, but others :no_idea:

Here are a few of the reasons some could not be with us besides being banned for some reason(a very small minority). I'm sure there are other reasons, and if anyone has other ideas please share. Neither do I want to convey Worthy is unhealthy as a forum. It isn't. These things typically happen on most all forums.

- Discouragement. I think this is a big one. Were expectations too high?   What should a healthy forum look like? Any forum is made up of imperfect human beings, and yet as a Christian forum, I think we need to be a cut above that. God lives in us.

- A Busy Life- It happens. People get busier than they intended to be. Large life events happen. Some of this will play into how much a person thinks a forum is advantageous. We tend to do what we prioritize. Maybe a forum isn't the best fit for some and a good fit for others.

- Cultural Differences- I love to see variety here in culture, but sometimes it can be a barrier. I am always excited when I see people from many countries here and I like to learn about their culture. If I see someone from another culture here I want to encourage them and discuss any difference that might be getting in the way. 

- The Testers- Their intention was never to stay. They just wanted to see what it's all about and then like a bee, go on to the next flower.

- Those With Strong Theological positions they feel they should convey- They came expressly to convey a strong leaning and maybe to debate others on the validity of their claims. I'll be honest folks, this one is usually trouble. Many of these types end up in endless arguments. The goal isn't to learn or gently teach, the goal is to "win".

- Age Gaps- OK I'll say it, I think this is one reason. A young person comes by to look for other young people. I want to encourage you that we need you too, and maybe later that person you are looking for will show up.

- Boring discussions by a handful of people.- To some they aren't boring, to others they are or maybe that person wants to discuss a subject that makes others feel uncomfortable, like demons or topics that are "out there". FYI we have areas just for that as long as it isn't false teaching. 

- They Don't feel included- Like a square peg in a round hole. This should NEVER be what the body of Christ is like, even online. Everyone has a place in God's kingdom. The next question is WHY don't they feel uncluded? Do they have valid reasons?

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  57
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,410
  • Content Per Day:  0.27

On 4/9/2024 at 7:20 AM, Starise said:

Western culture for the most part has relegated them to horror movies, and those representations are often not accurate.

Demons being those spirits who lost their bodies in the flood go around the earth looking for hosts to inhabit and the bible tells us many of them can possess one person.

What isn't always so obvious is they can be in a person but not be apparent, sometimes not even to the person. Yet another misleading hollywood depiction. Sure, they are apparent in some cases , but I suspect they are more likely to want to stay hidden in a person.

I largely agree, and with absolutely no intent to downplay OP's issue or anyone else suffering from this the matter is sometimes sensationalized within the Christian (Christian being used loosely) community to a degree that makes it an inaccurate spectacle every bit as much as Hollywood. Add that and how sometimes what might appear to be possession to some is just mental illness and it gets to be a very confusing affair where discernment is required.

• Thumbs Up 2

13 minutes ago, AnOrangeCat said:

I largely agree, and with absolutely no intent to downplay OP's issue or anyone else suffering from this the matter is sometimes sensationalized within the Christian (Christian being used loosely) community to a degree that makes it an inaccurate spectacle every bit as much as Hollywood. Add that and how sometimes what might appear to be possession to some is just mental illness and it gets to be a very confusing affair where discernment is required.

Yep, I see that. Some circles who say there's a demon for everything. Why can't we have the middle? It's either one extreme or another.

Where can they go and be recieved in the way they need to be recieved?  Western culture winces at this. 

There is risk in doing God's work.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  404
  • Content Per Day:  0.32

8 hours ago, Starise said:

@Duck

I had a post started that I eventually decided not to post. On it were some of the ones who came here and added a lot to the place, not that everyone who is here doesn't. 

My intention was to @ them all and see if they come back to tell us why they haven't come back because frankly I miss a lot of them. 

Sometimes on a forum things can seem to be coasting along with nothing to gather. Unlike some other forums there is a criteria here designed to eliminate what I'll call the "riff raff", so a few that have gone, should have gone, but others :no_idea:

Here are a few of the reasons some could not be with us besides being banned for some reason(a very small minority). I'm sure there are other reasons, and if anyone has other ideas please share. Neither do I want to convey Worthy is unhealthy as a forum. It isn't. These things typically happen on most all forums.

- Discouragement. I think this is a big one. Were expectations too high?   What should a healthy forum look like? Any forum is made up of imperfect human beings, and yet as a Christian forum, I think we need to be a cut above that. God lives in us.

- A Busy Life- It happens. People get busier than they intended to be. Large life events happen. Some of this will play into how much a person thinks a forum is advantageous. We tend to do what we prioritize. Maybe a forum isn't the best fit for some and a good fit for others.

- Cultural Differences- I love to see variety here in culture, but sometimes it can be a barrier. I am always excited when I see people from many countries here and I like to learn about their culture. If I see someone from another culture here I want to encourage them and discuss any difference that might be getting in the way. 

- The Testers- Their intention was never to stay. They just wanted to see what it's all about and then like a bee, go on to the next flower.

- Those With Strong Theological positions they feel they should convey- They came expressly to convey a strong leaning and maybe to debate others on the validity of their claims. I'll be honest folks, this one is usually trouble. Many of these types end up in endless arguments. The goal isn't to learn or gently teach, the goal is to "win".

- Age Gaps- OK I'll say it, I think this is one reason. A young person comes by to look for other young people. I want to encourage you that we need you too, and maybe later that person you are looking for will show up.

- Boring discussions by a handful of people.- To some they aren't boring, to others they are or maybe that person wants to discuss a subject that makes others feel uncomfortable, like demons or topics that are "out there". FYI we have areas just for that as long as it isn't false teaching. 

- They Don't feel included- Like a square peg in a round hole. This should NEVER be what the body of Christ is like, even online. Everyone has a place in God's kingdom. The next question is WHY don't they feel uncluded? Do they have valid reasons?

You're probably right. Most of us could fit into at least one of those categories.

Some might simply join forums for Christian fellowship, because they can't find it in their church.