Starise

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  279
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  13,130
  • Content Per Day:  9.63
  • Days Won:  149

I need to watch my delivery of this thought, otherwise it gives the credit to me and makes my comments seem pompous.

The idea behind the title is simply that NO MATTER what comes against us. it won't sever our victory in Jesus for ever. We are like teflon in referring to a past political figure who that term was used on, yet the term applies to us. Sin won't stick to us in the near future, and we are free from it NOW.

Teflon Christians are Christians who hold up the sheild of faith. NOTHING will penetrate our shield. ALL the liars arrows will deflect. The sword of th Spirit of the word of God is ALIVE and cuts the enemy like no other. So bring it. In the power of the Lord, I will stand against it.

NO WEAPON will prosper against any believer grounded in Christ who stays away from sin and who studies the word and prays. Armies have EACH OTHER, but a soldier that goes awol is useless.

• Praise God! 1

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Topics Per Day:  0.36
  • Content Count:  3,506
  • Content Per Day:  6.13
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  04/01/2024

By His sacrifice and righteous act, we are FREE from the penalty of sin, and by the operation of the law of the indwelling Spirit of life we are (in reality) FREE from the power of sin too!  (when we LET this law operate in us, we enjoy it in our experience as well)

• Thumbs Up 1

37 minutes ago, Vine Abider said:

By His sacrifice and righteous act, we are FREE from the penalty of sin, and by the operation of the law of the indwelling Spirit of life we are (in reality) FREE from the power of sin too!  (when we LET this law operate in us, we enjoy it in our experience as well)

It took me some time to grasp this concept, but yes, we are indeed free from the power of sin. What is the power of sin? What the bible calls the flesh, that part of us that we have the power through the Spirit to quench. Some of the biggest battles to be fought are in oneself. We relinquish sin's hold on us and trust Christ to conform us to His image.

My early impressions were that we are in this unwinnable fight against our natures. That foe will finally be conquered when we die, but we  PRESENTLY have the capacity to be what we are supposed to be. To see sin for what it really is and to stop it through His power. I hesitate to say this because "if" a believer stumbles, they may feel like a failure and might give up the quest to be Christ like thinking it's unattainable. In fact, I think this is a favorite tactic of the enemy to give us that guilt trip and cause us to be ineffective. Not proud of my past, but I can't tell you how many times I failed but kept on praying, kept on seeking the Lord. I didn't run AWAY, I ran TOWARD Him. Not that I have completely arrived yet in  everything. The main thing we need to do daily is to take up our crosses, to say , " Lord, this is your day, not mine. Whatever you have in store I trust you with it and in my safety." 

Above everything else I enjoy being right with God and I'll trade anything for that. What temporary thing could ever possibly fill that gap? Nothing will ever be a trade worth making. Satan would have us to think we are missing something. What am I missing? Nothing else compares to a right relationship with the Lord.

In this country one of our documents gives us the right in the "pursuit of happiness". Many have looked high and low and tried everything in that pursuit. The Devil's bag always needs refilling. What does the devil want?

- That no person who is an unbeliever EVER comes to the Lord

- That any believers are all rendered ineffective.

-That effective believers take a fatal hit behind their armor and never come back to fight again. 

Win the head games with the Jesus game. Then we can be effective in ways you never imagined in His power. 

We are not here to make friends with the world. That system is an enemy, but we should work and pray tirelessly to bring those in his army to the truth so they can live.

• Well Said! 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  294
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Days Won:  0

We are sinful by nature and thats why we have to pray daily not to sin, but yet we still sin. Its like Paul at Romans 7:21-25

40 minutes ago, Know Jah said:

We are sinful by nature and thats why we have to pray daily not to sin, but yet we still sin. Its like Paul at Romans 7:21-25

In reality, according to Paul, regenerated believers have a new nature and identity. But the flesh will still rise up and we have a choice whether to take our source from the flesh or the spirit (which is joined to the Lord's Spirit as per 1 Cor 6:17).

• Thumbs Up 1

42 minutes ago, Know Jah said:

Which nature has the most pull?

1 minute ago, Starise said:

Which nature has the most pull?

The one we feed the most?

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,268
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

57 minutes ago, Know Jah said:

It is my understanding that when we accept Jesus as our Lord and receive the Holy Spirit, it is supposed to change our nature so we no longer have to sin.   There is no sin I have seen or experienced that I could not say no to.    If Jesus is your Lord, I would expect lots of no replies to it.   You are not supposed to keep on sinning after you are saved.

I would ask everyone, "What was the last sin you committed that you could not have said no to?"

• Thumbs Up 1

8 minutes ago, Vine Abider said:

The one we feed the most?

If I don't desire to feed that bad nature and if the new nature is stronger, it seems it should be fairly easy to ignore the dark side. 

What is the flesh?

The pride of life, too much emphasis on "things". Accomodating a sexual desire or thought for anyone that isn't your husband or wife. Anything that takes us away from God or harms our fellow man.Lying, cheating stealing. 

Probably the worst seems to me to be getting mad at God , or discrediting Him. X isn't the way I think looks fair, God is blamed which signifies my departure from Him. Instead of being still and realizing God is God, they think God has failed in some way by their own limited views. Envy, bitterness all disable prayer and the Spirit. Loosing our connection with God means we have decided to go it on our own. It's all downhill from there.

When I was caught up in bad stuff, I never stopped asking God to change me, to make me a different kind of man. I think that's the trademark of a true believer. We go toward God at all times, even when we've failed. We seek foregivness. We know we will coninue to fail without His help and that's why He sent us the Holy Spirit to convict, guide and to comfort. He changes our "wanter". 

It's like a person with a map that's always relying on the Lord to get him to his destination. We know we can be victorious through him and we know that one day we will have none of that baggage ever again.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,268
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

3 minutes ago, Starise said:

Probably the worst seems to me to be getting mad at God

I can testify that you can get mad at him personally and really get in his face without him striking you dead on the spot.   Actually it was a really good object lesson for me.

When Diana started having symptoms of MS, and it looked like she wasn't going to be able to walk, I got really upset because he wouldn't heal her.   She's a real dedicated born again Christian, and I know how easy it would be for him to just heal her.  After about three months I just lost it one afternoon and my backyard prayer session I had started concerning it.   I actually looked up and yelled at him while shaking my fist in his face...   Expecting fire from the sky, it was a total shock and nothing I could have ever dreamed up myself, I heard a soft soothing voice as clear as if we were standing face to face three feet apart.   What he said was....   That's between her and myself and really is none of your business. Just take care of her.   I fell down and cried for a long time.

He did let her walk again, and even return to school and finish her teaching degree so she could be a kindergarten teacher for over 20 years....     But it has been a really hard struggle for her all these years.    But I have watched the Lord watch over us all this time, helping us through the struggles.  The whole experience has bonded us together and taught me how to love her as Jesus loves the church.  We truly are one.

• Thanks 1
  • Praise God! 1