IGNORED

Question about fornication

Guest AFlameOfFire
1 hour ago, Mochayum said:

Ok I mean a lot of people fornicate. I mean I guess I wonder if that verse states the law , so you know it’s a sin, but so long as you believe and ask for forgiveness you won’t go to hell?

It is the will of God that you abstain from fornication

1 Thes 4:3 For this is the will of God, even your sanctification, that ye should abstain from fornication:

1 Thes 4:4 That every one of you should know how to possess his vessel in sanctification and honour;

1 Thes 4:5 Not in the lust of concupiscence, even as the Gentiles which know not God:

We are to flee fornication

1 Cr 6:18 Flee fornication. Every sin that a man doeth is without the body; but he that committeth fornication sinneth against his own body.

If you believer in Jesus Christ, and are willfully sinning in this thing, you must turn from this, confess that you have sinned, ask God for forgiveness for this action and flee fornication.

You do not want to continue to sin wilfully 

Heb 10:26 For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins

Heb 10:27 But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries.

So when you said, 

I’m asking if we are fornicating and if I need to stop.

The answer according to the scripture is Yes

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,302
  • Content Per Day:  1.71
  • Days Won:  0

12 hours ago, Mochayum said:

Hey everyone. I am just wondering. I am in a relationship with someone who is divorced with a child and does not want to ever marry again. If we were to stay together forever but never marry, would God be displeased and would I possibly go to hell because I willingly continue to fornicate?

This is where you display Christian character by not having sex with her or living with her.

She has been hurt by her previous  husband, so if you want to marry her.

It is up to you to demonstrate that you will not ' love her and leave her ', rather show your character by being patient, loving and a leader.

I suspect by the way you've  worded your question, that you have spoiled your witness by sleeping with her.

If you are serious about being a Christian, stop doing so until you can marry her.

You will have somehow to extract  yourself from living/sleeping with her and also show your determination  to care for her.

Here's  a challenge to your relationship.  Is she willing to commit  to attending church every Sunday with you?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  961
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,704
  • Content Per Day:  5.04
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

12 hours ago, Mochayum said:

Hey everyone. I am just wondering. I am in a relationship with someone who is divorced with a child and does not want to ever marry again. If we were to stay together forever but never marry, would God be displeased and would I possibly go to hell because I willingly continue to fornicate?

Hi, You will not stay together forever! That is the problem, not only for you both, but for the child as well.

Others here are accurately sharing with you the truths that will indeed affect you for all eternity. I am sharing that your basic premise is an error. There is no commitment between those that will not commit!

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  17
  • Content Per Day:  0.11

12 hours ago, grahampaul said:

i presume you are christian.

Yes I am. 

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  17
  • Content Per Day:  0.11

12 hours ago, AFlameOfFire said:

It is the will of God that you abstain from fornication

1 Thes 4:3 For this is the will of God, even your sanctification, that ye should abstain from fornication:

1 Thes 4:4 That every one of you should know how to possess his vessel in sanctification and honour;

1 Thes 4:5 Not in the lust of concupiscence, even as the Gentiles which know not God:

We are to flee fornication

1 Cr 6:18 Flee fornication. Every sin that a man doeth is without the body; but he that committeth fornication sinneth against his own body.

If you believer in Jesus Christ, and are willfully sinning in this thing, you must turn from this, confess that you have sinned, ask God for forgiveness for this action and flee fornication.

You do not want to continue to sin wilfully 

Heb 10:26 For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins

Heb 10:27 But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries.

So when you said, 

I’m asking if we are fornicating and if I need to stop.

The answer according to the scripture is Yes

I know I SHOULD. But will I go to hell if I don’t ?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  68
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,181
  • Content Per Day:  0.38
  • Birthday:  05/25/1970

8 hours ago, Mochayum said:

Could be if you don't repent in time. Danger. Watch out. I've been there. I dated an atheist. I had 3 kids. He had to have sex, so I thought: lets go marry in 3 weeks then. Didn't make it much better. We were married, but I think it was still sin, adultery. In some cases it's not, but I think it was in my case.

One night I had a dream. We were with some people, had to give our passport, money, everything at a desk. It was a bit dark. There were no windows anywhere. There was the beginning of a slide, but you couldn't see where it went to, like in a swimming pool. I saw young blonde girls running to it, jumping in, having fun and I stepped in too and then God showed me where it went to. I saw a big pool with greenish filthy water and 2 huge demons of lust in it. So I stepped out. There was also a pastor. I talked with him and I asked him about all those people jumping in the slide: Why does nobody warn them?

Then I saw 2 weapons of mass destruction, which means judgement.

Later I read a prophecy from a 90 y o woman from Valdres from the 60s who said this would happen:

There will be a moral decay that Norway has never experienced before. People will live as if married without being married. Impurity before marriage and infidelity in marriage will become natural, and it will be excused on all fronts. It will even creep into Christian circles, and we will tolerate it - even sins against nature. Just before Jesus comes again, there will be TV programs that we have never seen before. 

https://www.jesus2europe.com/valdresprophecy

I didn't immediately divorce after that dream. Took a year. And then I asked if I could marry another and He said: Marry Me. Time is short. They were marrying and giving into marriage. But I dated that guy anyway and it went wrong again. But then I saw a preacher on youtube who said: Get out of there now in the Name of Jesus! And I broke up with him. God is patient. I didnt immediately drop dead and go to hell, but what she said what if Jesus comes back tomorrow and you miss the rapture and have to endure 7 years antichrist if you don't get killed by a bomb? Big price for some stupid sex.

People were always slimy sweet when I was living in sin. Went to a church with that guy. They said: Oh how nice. You should get married. I wish someone immediately before even starting to date him would have warned me with hell. Would have saved me a lot of trouble.

Edited by Renskedejonge

• Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  5
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

I am in a relationship with someone who is divorced with a child and does not want to ever marry again. 

I sympathize with her.  Those who have been through a divorce have seen what a travesty our legal construct surrounding "legal marriage" really is.  I would not want to enter into a contract like that again either.

Fornication is sex between two people who are not married.  Since you're talking about staying with her forever, your question is really about whether or not God would consider the two of you married if you did not get legally or officially married.  I found a website that discusses this:  
https://www.gotquestions.org/marriage-constitutes.html

"The problem here is, what constitutes marriage according to the Bible?  The Bible nowhere explicitly states at what point God considers a man and a woman to be married. Due to the Bible’s silence on this matter, identifying the precise moment a man and woman are married in God’s eyes is a complex undertaking. Here are the three most common viewpoints: 1) God only considers a man and a woman married when they are legally married—that is, when they become husband and wife in the eyes of the law. 2) A man and a woman are married in God’s eyes when they have completed some kind of formal wedding ceremony involving covenantal vows. 3) God considers a man and a woman to be married at the moment they engage in sexual intercourse.  Let’s look at each of the three views and evaluate the strengths and weaknesses of each:

1) God only considers a man and a woman married when they are legally married.  There are some weaknesses and potential problems with this view. First, marriage existed before any government was organized. For thousands of years, people were getting married with no such thing as a marriage license. Second, even today, there are some countries that have no governmental recognition of marriage, and/or no legal requirements for marriage. Third, there are some governments that place unbiblical requirements on a marriage before it is legally recognized. As an example, some countries require weddings to be held in a Catholic church.  Fourth, to make the legitimacy of the marriage union solely dependent on government statutes is to indirectly sanction the statutory definition of marriage, which may fluctuate."

Guest AFlameOfFire
5 hours ago, Mochayum said:

Mochayum 1 Cr 6:9 Tells us very plainly that we will not inherit the kingdom of God in doing those things you want to continue in.  I know of no other place outside of the kingdom of God that you will experience some sort of joy peace and comfort eternally in continuance of these things. There is heaven and there is hell, or everlasting life and everlasting punishment, there is not one of us that want to end up in the latter. None of us make the Kingdom of God's rules but we are to obey  them if we prefer to enter in to it.

Our situations are different but as far as fornication goes this was the very sin I was warned to flee myself some 30 years ago, when someone pointed it out to me what I was living in, so I could change my course.

You at least know what you should do even as I also knew what I should do which is to flee this thing.

Edited by AFlameOfFire

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  431
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Birthday:  08/31/1950

8 hours ago, Mochayum said:

as a belever your going to heaven and all hell cant stop you.now deal with the situation.give it to God who knows what can happen in time.do you wanna be married,tis only paper.how is your heart with God,as in you an him.

Guest AFlameOfFire

Jesus also said this,

Mat 7:21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

He that doeth the will of his Father, and this is the will of his Father here

1 Thes 4:3 For this is the will of God, even your sanctification, that ye should abstain from fornication: That every one of you should know how to possess his vessel in sanctification and honour; Not in the lust of concupiscence, even as the Gentiles which know not God

There will also be these sorts

2 Ti 3:13 But evil men and seducers shall wax worse and worse, deceiving, and being deceived.

Which might say otherwise, Paul says be not deceived by such

Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind, Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God. 1 Cr 6:9

And again, when Jesus says

Mat 7:21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

Because many (not a few) would say unto him this

Mat 7:22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?

These are they which in "Jesus name" are doing all these wonderful works while working iniquity

Mat 7:23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

And Paul tells those who name the name of Christ (as believers) to depart from working iniquity

2 Ti 2:19 Nevertheless the foundation of God standeth sure, having this seal, The Lord knoweth them that are his. And, Let every one that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity.

Titus 2:14 Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people,  zealous of good works.

As Paul tells them here to reverse course

Romans 6:19 I speak after the manner of men because of the infirmity of your flesh: for as ye have yielded your members servants to  uncleanness and to iniquity unto iniquity; even so now yield your members servants to righteousness unto holiness.

1 Thes 4:7 For God hath not called us unto uncleanness, but unto holiness.

Without which no man shall see the Lord

Edited by AFlameOfFire