Dennis1209

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  349
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,516
  • Content Per Day:  2.69
  • Days Won:  1

This will be a bit lengthy to emphasize my point and question. The following are two commentaries of many that do not address an obvious question studying the 5th seal judgment in Revelation 6:9-11. The question is asked after these two brief commentaries to illustrate.

The fifth seal calls for special attention because its focus is not on judgment but on martyrs. These had been slain (see 5:6) for their faithfulness to God and His Word (v. 9). Their imprecatory prayer (v. 10), a cry to God for vengeance against their adversaries, is strategic to John’s theme, and the book indicates that one of the reasons for God’s judgment against the world during the tribulation is the murder of tribulation saints (see 8:3–5; 16:7; 18:20). While God delayed in the execution of judgment, it would come in due time. Those who remained faithful until death would receive white p 2010 garments in heaven as a reward (v. 11), and their prayers would be answered. These verses must have been a great comfort to the churches of the first century who suffered under Roman tyranny.11 

Green, D. D. (2014). Revelation. In M. A. Rydelnik & M. Vanlaningham (Eds.), The moody bible commentary (pp. 2009–2010). Moody Publishers.

With the opening of the fifth seal John had another revelation of heaven itself and his attention was directed to souls pictured as under the altar and identified as those who had been slain because of the Word of God and the testimony they had maintained. (For “under the altar,” see Ex. 29:12; Lev. 4:7.) These are obviously martyrs, mentioned in more detail in Revelation 7. This makes it clear that souls will be saved in the Great Tribulation, but many of them will be martyred.

6:10–11. They will cry out to the Lord, asking how long it will be before He will avenge them. In reply each is given a white robe and informed that the Tribulation is not over and that others must be martyred before God’s judgment on the wicked and deliverance of the righteous occurs at the Second Coming. This passage shows that the time period is the Great Tribulation, but not its end.

Spirits without any substance could not wear robes. The fact that they will be given robes supports the concept that when believers die they are given temporary bodies in heaven which are later replaced by resurrection bodies at the time of resurrection (cf. 20:4).1

1 Walvoord, J. F. (1985). Revelation. In J. F. Walvoord & R. B. Zuck (Eds.), The Bible Knowledge Commentary: An Exposition of the Scriptures (Vol. 2, p. 948). Victor Books.

These martyrs ask how long is a question in my mind and why they do not know. Are these martyrs not privy to what is happening to those who killed them on Earth? Those who know their Bible in general, and the books of Daniel and Revelation in particular, know the sequence of events culminating in the end of the Tribulation and avenging their deaths.

I realize there are differing opinions and timing on when the seal judgments start in the seven-year tribulation, defined by the Antichrist confirming a covenant with Israel for seven years. I believe all the judgments are contained within seven years.

Israel is at relative peace in the first half of the Tribulation. There are several gaps in the Bible, one being between the 69th and 70th week. After the 1st seal, could there be a gap between the second seal and the remaining judgments? The remaining seal judgments may not occur until mid-tribulation after the AOD, in rapid succession for the remaining 3.5 years. I am not sure, and I am proposing a thought to discuss.

These martyrs do not seem to be the martyrs of all time, but tribulation saints only. 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,801
  • Content Per Day:  1.03
  • Days Won:  0

With the first four seals those of the four horsemen representing the four types of socioeconomic systems on the earth, such as those depicted by the four beasts in Daniel 7 and Revelation 13; I then see the martyred saints under the fifth seal as all the saints who will have been killed throughout the world prior to when the four beasts/types of socioeconomic systems on the earth become unified with the ascension of the fourth beast in Revelation 13; at which time will follow the deaths of their brethren saints during the 42 month tribulation period (Revelation 6:11).

Revelation 6:11 And white robes were given unto every one of them; and it was said unto them, that they should rest yet for a little season, until their fellow servants also and their brethren, that should be killed as they were, should be fulfilled.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  269
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,255
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

5 hours ago, Dennis1209 said:

These martyrs ask how long is a question in my mind and why they do not know. Are these martyrs not privy to what is happening to those who killed them on Earth? Those who know their Bible in general, and the books of Daniel and Revelation in particular, know the sequence of events culminating in the end of the Tribulation and avenging their deaths.

I realize there are differing opinions and timing on when the seal judgments start in the seven-year tribulation, defined by the Antichrist confirming a covenant with Israel for seven years. I believe all the judgments are contained within seven years.

Israel is at relative peace in the first half of the Tribulation. There are several gaps in the Bible, one being between the 69th and 70th week. After the 1st seal, could there be a gap between the second seal and the remaining judgments? The remaining seal judgments may not occur until mid-tribulation after the AOD, in rapid succession for the remaining 3.5 years. I am not sure, and I am proposing a thought to discuss.

These martyrs do not seem to be the martyrs of all time, but tribulation saints only. 

Good point to discuss. Now as I see it from God`s word the 5th seal opening corresponds with the 5th trumpet and the opening of the pit with the demonic spirits being released. They are given power to torment those who do not have the seal of God. (Rev. 9: 1 - 11) That reveals it is about the middle of the trib, when the A/C is given power and authority over the world systems & people. (Rev. 13: 4 & 5) 

I also believe these are the martyrs in the trib, and the `white robes` denotes that they are saved from eternal damnation. 

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  349
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,516
  • Content Per Day:  2.69
  • Days Won:  1

15 hours ago, Marilyn C said:

Good point to discuss. Now as I see it from God`s word the 5th seal opening corresponds with the 5th trumpet and the opening of the pit with the demonic spirits being released. They are given power to torment those who do not have the seal of God. (Rev. 9: 1 - 11) That reveals it is about the middle of the trib, when the A/C is given power and authority over the world systems & people. (Rev. 13: 4 & 5) 

I also believe these are the martyrs in the trib, and the `white robes` denotes that they are saved from eternal damnation. 

I agree with you; however, the question remains.

Daniel 12:4 But thou, O Daniel, shut up the words, and seal the book, even to the time of the end: many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall be increased.

I believe we are approaching the time of the end as you do, and Daniel’s vision is being unsealed. Many may have the wrong hermeneutics with the verse above, connecting it with the information age, modern technology, etc. I propose an alternative meaning.

The key word is knowledge, a conjunction connecting many shall run to and fro. How does one run to and fro to increase knowledge, and what knowledge? I submit the Bible is talking about the Bible.

I propose that, at this time, nature will start revolting with many presumed natural and man-made disasters, never seen with such frequency and intensity, coming on like birth pains. Many people will start waking up and remembering God’s word, the Bible, and the prophecies contained therein.

I suspect they will run to the Bible franticly flipping pages to find out what is happening and what is coming. Their prophetic and biblical knowledge will be increased.

Many will come to know the Lord as their Savior during these times, especially after the Rapture, and most likely will be martyred. Most will now have the biblical knowledge of where and why these things are occurring and the order of events until Christ’s 2nd coming.

Those Tribulation saints martyred under the altar seem to have no idea that their prayers and avenging of their murders are now occurring on earth. This leads me to suspect they are not the Great Tribulation saints during the last 3.5 years. As I mentioned in a previous post, either they are not privy to what is happening to the earth dwellers, they do not remember prophetic scripture, or the 2nd seal judgment and forward has not begun yet, and they are awaiting their fellow martyrs to follow.

Perhaps we do not know why these Tribulation saints ask, “How long Lord.”