• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,239
  • Content Per Day:  0.86
  • Days Won:  6

54 minutes ago, Charlie744 said:

I believe that most people agree with this interpretation, however, I am confused when I look at the verses in 9:24-27. 

First, the 70 weeks of years prophecy is concerned with the restoration of “His people and the city” after they were taken into captivity by the Babylonians. 

The start of the prophecy began in 457 BC and would conclude 490 years later in 33/34 AD. 

1) there were 3 separate section carved out of the 70 weeks. 
 a) the first 7 weeks (49 literal years) we’re determined to represent the period of time it would take for the restoration of the Temple, the Sabbatical cycles, the walls and the streets, etc. These restorations were the responsibility of the Jews to fulfill. 

b) Daniel does not offer any elements that would be restored during the next 69 weeks (434 literal years). 

c) Daniel does record the arrival of the Messiah in the 3rd section or the final 1 week (final 7 literal years of the 490 year prophecy). He gives the arrival and crucifixion in two separate verses. 

a) in the “restorative” verse, he tells us the Messiah will arrive after 7 and 62 weeks (69 total weeks or 483 literal years). This is found in 9:25. It is a “restorative” verses because Jesus represents the return of the Presence of God back into the Temple. Only the Messiah could fulfill this last piece of furniture in the Sanctuary. The Ark of the Covenant was the first piece of furniture taken away before the Babylonians came to Jerusalem and it would be the last piece of furniture restored in the form of the Messiah. 
        1) Consequently, AFTER the end of the 69th week, the Messiah would arrive on the first day of the beginning of the 70th week (day 1 He was baptized and anointed in the Jordan to begin His ministry). Meaning, the last week of the 70 weeks were “set aside” for those elements in the “restoration” period that could only be fulfilled by Jesus.

b) but we have a second verse in 9:26. This verse begins the first of the two “destructive” verses within these 4 prophetic verses (9:24-27). Here, Daniel is then telling us the Messiah will be “cut off” (crucified), “after the 62 weeks are completed.” Meaning, that after this prophetic period has come to an end (only the last week remains), the Messiah will be killed. 
    1) the exact time the Messiah will be crucified is found in the last “destructive” verse - 9:27. Daniel tells us He will be crucified “in the midst of the week.” Meaning, exactly 3.5 years into the last week (7 years) of the prophecy. And of course, we all can agree He was killed exactly 3.5 years into His ministry. 

Chapter 9 prophecies the full restoration of His people, the city, the Temple and all of the Levitical ceremonies, 7 feast days, etc., that MUST be completed BEFORE the arrival of their expected Messiah. Jesus represents the return of the last article to he restored as it was prior to the complete destruction by the Babylonians. 

But God would also incorporate WITHIN this 70 weeks of years prophecy those 6 elements (9:24) that His Messiah was given to complete / fulfill DURING His ministry (last week). And He did fulfill all of them. It is DURING this last week the Messiah would be crucified and be our Passover Lamb and offer Himself for the payment for our sins. After the Cross, the Temple, the Levitical ceremonies, the sacrifices, etc., were now be made unnecessary. Their mission in God’s plan of salvation was fulfilled. 

It is so important to recognize chapter 9 is speaking of the Messiah’s sacrifice and the ONLY way we can be saved. 

The most important period of the 70 weeks of years prophecy is in the final 7 years or the last week when the Messiah arrives on earth. 

Please note that the gap theory, and the false teachings that “He” at the beginning of 9:27 is some figure to be identified as the “anti/ Christ” figure rather than “He” (Messiah) was only constructed in the 16th century AD by the Jesuits (little horn or the papacy). They also corrupted these interpretations by claiming the “covenant” which was “confirmed” by the Messiah was also thrown some 2000 years into the future and the same mythical anti-Christ figure would enter in a 7 year agreement with the Jews. 

This has all taken away the most selfless act known in the history of mankind and attributed these Messianic prophecies to some mythical figure that has no basis. But this “little horn,” (papacy), the one that is clearly described in Daniel 7 is the one who speaks against God Himself, His people, His saints, etc. He is the same one who claims to be equal to God, infallible, forgive sins, etc. 

All of the verses speak of the restoration of His people, His city, the Temple, etc., and the arrival and destruction of their Messiah. It is seamless story of the most important time in the history of mankind. 

I use the 445 BC decreee by Artaxerxes…..to rebuild Jerusalem. See Neh 2:1-8. 

Daniel 9:26-27 (ESV) 26 And after the sixty-two weeks, an anointed one shall be cut off and shall have nothing. And the people of the prince who is to come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary. Its end shall come with a flood, and to the end there shall be war. Desolations are decreed. 27 And he shall make a strong covenant with many for one week, and for half of the week he shall put an end to sacrifice and offering. And on the wing of abominations shall come one who makes desolate, until the decreed end is poured out on the desolator.”

AFTER the 69 weeks, Messiah would be cut off….and he was crucified AFTER he first came into Jerusalem riding a donkey being held out as the Anointed One, the Messiah….just as Daniel predicted. It’s perfect…..

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  54
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,667
  • Content Per Day:  1.72
  • Days Won:  0

29 minutes ago, Spock said:

I use the 445 BC decreee by Artaxerxes…..to rebuild Jerusalem. See Neh 2:1-8. 

Daniel 9:26-27 (ESV) 26 And after the sixty-two weeks, an anointed one shall be cut off and shall have nothing. And the people of the prince who is to come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary. Its end shall come with a flood, and to the end there shall be war. Desolations are decreed. 27 And he shall make a strong covenant with many for one week, and for half of the week he shall put an end to sacrifice and offering. And on the wing of abominations shall come one who makes desolate, until the decreed end is poured out on the desolator.”

AFTER the 69 weeks, Messiah would be cut off….and he was crucified AFTER he first came into Jerusalem riding a donkey being held out as the Anointed One, the Messiah….just as Daniel predicted. It’s perfect…..

I hope I don’t misinterpret what you posted….

1) I am not sure you are agreeing that the Messiah arrived AFTER the end of the 69th week, or another way of stating it, He arrived in the 1st day of the 70th week. I may not be a mathematician but I feel comfortable that 70 comes right after 69 AND THERE IS NO WHOLE NUMBER BETWEEN THEMA,

2) I do understand there are two decrees given b Artaxerses - on in 457 and the other in 445 (I think), but the one I believe to begin the 4th and final Great Jubilee in s the same date as the start of the 70 weeks of years prophecy which both would end in 33/34 AD. 

a) there are two ways to try and identify the starting date: I will mention just one.  

At the time of the destruction of the 1st Temple, it was noted that the Temple was in existence exactly 410 years since it was inaugurated by Solomon. The Temple was destroyed by the Babylonians in 587 BC. Then, Cyrus issued his decree to allow the Hews to return to Jerusalem and rebuild the city, etc. This would be issued in 538/7 BC.  Thus, for the past 49 years, the “counting” of the 3rd Great Jubilee cycle of 490 years were stopped. It would begin once again when Cyrus allowed the Jews to return home. 

The Jews were in Jerusalem (after Cyrus’s decree) for exactly 80 years when they would receive the decree from Artaxerses in 457 BC to rebuild the Temple and the city. Thus, the Jews would complete the 3rd Great Jubilee, being back home in Jerusalem for the 410 years (prior to their captivity), plus the 80 years after their release (to the date of the decree). 

Consequently, the 4th and final Great Jubilee cycle would begin in 457 BC. In 408 BC, the Jews would complete and hold service for the completion of the Temple, AND they his would also result in the completion of the first Jubilee Cycle of 49 years (457 - 408/7 = 49). This time period would also coincide with the first 49 years of the 70 weeks of years prophecy that represents those “restorative” elements that had to be restored after the destruction by the Babylonians by the Jews. The only remaining element or article to be restored would be the Ark of Death he Covenant in the form of the Messiah during the last week of the prophecy.