• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  6,400
  • Content Per Day:  12.14
  • Days Won:  31

2 minutes ago, Renskedejonge said:

It says you shall return to dust and not to ashes. I find cremation very weird. But people hardly have a choice if they make it so insane expensive. My rabbits, no way I would let them be cremated. I just dug a hole illegal in the park and hid behind the bushes, but when you do that with human remains they might get the idea you're a murderer instead of a cheapskate.

@Renskedejonge In some countries such as Japan, there is apparently no choice in the matter, practically speaking: burials are said to be unavailable.

The metaphor of sowing in 1 Corinthians 15 does seem to imply the raising of resurrection bodies which have been buried, but this is more of a metaphor than an prerequisite. Many Christians do favour burial for reasons close to what the chapter says.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Content Count:  6,400
  • Content Per Day:  12.14
  • Days Won:  31

On 1/9/2024 at 10:56 AM, Renskedejonge said:

It costs a fortune. My dad just died. 11000 euro only for the funeral and a grave for 20 years. It's mainly the ground that's expensive. And not even a stone yet. That costs extra. My mother wanted only the children and grandkids there. Most of their family died, one is 86 and lives in America and couldn't come anyway. We only had one cup of coffee. 10 people. Imagine if you invite hundreds. Luckily dad had saved money. How on earth is a widow to do that who lives on the minimum and has no rich kids? It's big business. He had insurance. I expected the insurance to pay it all, cause he paid for it his whole life. They only pay 4000.

@Renskedejonge Sorry for your loss.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  953
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,592
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

17 minutes ago, farouk said:

@Renskedejonge In some countries such as Japan, there is apparently no choice in the matter, practically speaking: burials are said to be unavailable.

Yep been that way  for a long time. The places of repose for the deceased are actually term limited. I had many a family arrange for their  newly removed deceased relative At Japan to be reinterred at the USA city I was at.

I very soon learned  all were not cremated remains- Surprise!

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,097
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  05/25/1970

3 hours ago, Neighbor said:

Yep been that way  for a long time. The places of repose for the deceased are actually term limited. I had many a family arrange for their  newly removed deceased relative At Japan to be reinterred at the USA city I was at.

I very soon learned  all were not cremated remains- Surprise!

In the Netherlands you get a place for 10 or 20 years and after that you have to pay extra. Else they remove it. My dad used to pay for a lot of family members like their grandparents, but it got too expensive and nobody else from the family cared. 

• Interesting! 1

Interesting. Here in the USA old cemeteries long ago abandoned, many built over with roads, structures including homes, commercial properties, and even a major baseball stadium, are now treasures that must be found and restored, or the bodies removed and placed elsewhere.

Part of the USA racial divide and angst. No one cared till it was found useful as a tool for use in the restitution to  so called minorities game.

Most States now require that each cemetery have a endowment care fund to maintain the facilities  indefinitely; however corporations have found those trust funds to be very tempting targets and so they buy up the cemeteries and find ways to put the trust monies to work- for the corporation's benefit.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Content Count:  15,710
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

They can burn it, bury it, launch it into space, toss into the ocean, whatever they want. I don't care I won't have any use for it after I go, so whatever my remaining family wants to do that would bring them comfort.

• Well Said! 1
  • Interesting! 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  358
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Days Won:  0

I believe that those who die in this world do not die in the Spirit, and are rather brought instantly before Jesus in new bodies.  So the body we leave behind is no longer important to God or to us.  Remember that God transcends time.  And when we enter his presence after leaving this word, we will no longer be bound by the dimensions of this world.

Matthew 22:32

I am the God of Abraham, and the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob? God is not the God of the dead, but of the LIVING.

2 Corinthians 5:8

We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord.

John 14:6

Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the LIFE: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

John 11:25-26

Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the LIFE: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he LIVE:  And whosoever LIVETH and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this?

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.21
  • Days Won:  58

On 1/6/2024 at 3:03 PM, itty-bitty lamb said:

Is there a right or wrong way to be buried when we die for a Christian? i have some people in my family who want to be cremated, and then my husband wants to be cremated and his ashes scattered over the ocean. i have always wondered if it matters to God how we bury our bodies? What are some people's opinions on this?

The God who created the universe is capable of resurrecting no matter how we are buried.. or lost at sea... or obliterated in disaters etc.

• This is Worthy 1

17 hours ago, ayin jade said:

The God who created the universe is capable of resurrecting no matter how we are buried.. or lost at sea... or obliterated in disaters etc.

Hi, seems all will be resurrected; big question I suppose is when, and to what end, what judgement, and will it be related to an ascension as well?