• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  279
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  13,119
  • Content Per Day:  9.67
  • Days Won:  149

1 hour ago, Alexis8763 said:

I laughed because that is too accurate. It doesn’t matter how many times God has moved in my life, I’m always surprised. 

If I am being totally real, I know God may answer my requests in another way and I guess for me personally that would not have been a surprise just maybe me being a little deflated over an answer I didn't want. I determined in myself to be like that Roman soldier who had enough faith to believe his child could be healed, and God healed from a distance on that occasion. 

Since my expectation at asking is to recieve, I fully expect it. I think my faith is very strong in His capabilities and Love. I KNOW God heals and I KNOW He heard my prayers and the prayers of others.

There are some who would give what I call alternate answers to these outcomes that to me almost seem like cop outs. For instance, Yes if you die you will be completely healed. Not sure if I like that answer. It has good characteristics, but in another way it seems like lipsick on a pig. Yes it's true, but God knows that isn't what someone is asking when they ask to be healed.

Don't get me wrong, I am not into the faith healing thing as a circus side show. God does it his way, not the way some prosperity TV preacher says.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  30
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  0

5 minutes ago, Starise said:

If I am being totally real, I know God may answer my requests in another way and I guess for me personally that would not have been a surprise just maybe me being a little deflated over an answer I didn't want. I determined in myself to be like that Roman soldier who had enough faith to believe his child could be healed, and God healed from a distance on that occasion. 

Since my expectation at asking is to recieve, I fully expect it. I think my faith is very strong in His capabilities and Love. I KNOW God heals and I KNOW He heard my prayers and the prayers of others.

There are some who would give what I call alternate answers to these outcomes that to me almost seem like cop outs. For instance, Yes if you die you will be completely healed. Not sure if I like that answer. It has good characteristics, but in another way it seems like lipsick on a pig. Yes it's true, but God knows that isn't what someone is asking when they ask to be healed.

Don't get me wrong, I am not into the faith healing thing as a circus side show. God does it his way, not the way some prosperity TV preacher says.

That reminds me of this verse: “There are many plans in a man’s heart, Nevertheless the Lord’s counsel—that will stand.”
‭‭Proverbs‬ ‭19‬:‭21‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

• Thumbs Up 1

11 minutes ago, Alexis8763 said:

I definitely take back what I said about life being boring. Spiritual warfare is obviously ANYTHING but boring lol. I now know how to fight demons, I’m less scared of them now and that’s the goal. Cause I’ll be doing this my whole life or until Jesus returns. Also Jesus is giving me dreams and sometimes I pray from 12-3 am. :) God is amazing! 

Yes, for the longest time it was hard to disassociate the persons from the real attackers. I can love the persons but see the attackers now which has helped immensely. 

There was recently another thread here about teaming up with other believers and they used examples of the disciples and apostles working as teams, so I think that to be better covered it's always helpful to share with those around who are also believers who can lift us up in prayer support. Obviously an internet forum is not the church but there are believers here. Having a good friend who understands you and probably best they are your sex to share the deeper things with or another group who understands the battle and can lift one another up. Satan likes to pick off lone rangers.

You seem to have a very deep spitiual life with the Lord which is a good thing. Prayer is one of our weapons.The word is another. I have had dreams but hesitate to share them all here because I believe I was probably the only intended recipient.

In some dreams I seen the foe and the ways in which he embeds into organizations and lives. TBH some of it made me feel almost hopeless because I knew the individuals were a large factor in the problems. I don't give up.

• Thanks 1

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  30
  • Content Per Day:  0.23

14 minutes ago, Starise said:

Yes, for the longest time it was hard to disassociate the persons from the real attackers. I can love the persons but see the attackers now which has helped immensely. 

There was recently another thread here about teaming up with other believers and they used examples of the disciples and apostles working as teams, so I think that to be better covered it's always helpful to share with those around who are also believers who can lift us up in prayer support. Obviously an internet forum is not the church but there are believers here. Having a good friend who understands you and probably best they are your sex to share the deeper things with or another group who understands the battle and can lift one another up. Satan likes to pick off lone rangers.

You seem to have a very deep spitiual life with the Lord which is a good thing. Prayer is one of our weapons.The word is another. I have had dreams but hesitate to share them all here because I believe I was probably the only intended recipient.

In some dreams I seen the foe and the ways in which he embeds into organizations and lives. TBH some of it made me feel almost hopeless because I knew the individuals were a large factor in the problems. I don't give up.

Well thankfully I have my twin sister and she is also going through deliverance so we try to lift each other up when we can. But yes, I do plan on joining a body of believers sometime. 

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  290
  • Content Per Day:  0.17

We need to have the mindset that tribulation is expected according to 2 Timothy 3:12

• Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, Alexis8763 said:

Well thankfully I have my twin sister and she is also going through deliverance so we try to lift each other up when we can. But yes, I do plan on joining a body of believers sometime. 

I'm so glad to hear that!!

You have a community here. Also wonderful you plan to join up with a group.I will keep you in prayer about that. Good churches are not always large bodies of people in places that look successful externally, and there are so many potential obstacles as we are in the end times with lots of apostate churches out there spewing lies, or little groups with a lone theologian who claims to have had some special revelation from God or has weird theological directions. The bible says that where ever two or three are gathered together in Him, He will be also. The wolves are sometimes very convincing.

I attended one church,but have been getting out of it slowly because the Lord showed me some things I just can't live with. I seen another smaller church I felt I could be helpful in so I moved over mostly to it, but keep those ties with the larger church for friends sake. NO church is perfect.

If you wanted to discuss more we can grab one of our female members to be with us in PM and we could turn some of this over more. Feel free to shoot me a PM any time and It can be arranged.

• Thanks 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  6,561
  • Content Per Day:  12.11
  • Days Won:  31

1 hour ago, Alexis8763 said:

That reminds me of this verse: “There are many plans in a man’s heart, Nevertheless the Lord’s counsel—that will stand.”
‭‭Proverbs‬ ‭19‬:‭21‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

@Alexis8763 Good verse there; you know, some NT & Psalms editions also contain Proverbs within the same volume.

• Thanks 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  139
  • Content Count:  1,213
  • Content Per Day:  0.18

Because we forget who Jesus was and who we are in him!

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  139
  • Content Count:  1,213
  • Content Per Day:  0.18

On 1/23/2024 at 1:25 PM, backontrack said:

Because we forget who Jesus was and who we are in him!

Yep 

Your believing on just words in other words you are putting your trust in words and words only. John 3:16 I don't care if you live what you think is a perfect life lead 1,000's to Christ using John 3:16 your still using words. Here is the conclusion, if you believe in John 3:16 then why do you not believe in Mat 10:8 Isaiah 53:5 1Peter 2:24

You see I now not only believe I am saved but now I believe i am healed and I now do Mat 10:8 if you do not then you cannot claim John 3:16 that is what God showed me. Cannot believe in one and not the others all the others not listed! ALL

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  961
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,701
  • Content Per Day:  5.04
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

On 1/8/2024 at 11:48 AM, Alexis8763 said:

This world is made for those who indulge in the flesh. We can’t really care about food that much, we even should fast, or we have the sin of gluttony. We aren’t supposed to care about money or how much we make and we should give some to God. The secular people drink to excess, travel, party, go to fancy places/take vacations..We are not to care about in general what a lot of the world cares about.

Hi, I am going to go full out contrarian on this one for the sake of thinking the presentation through  if nothing else:

1, Yeshua made all; all that has been made has been made by Yeshua for  the good purposes of God His Father  that being His pleasure.

2, I am to care very much about food and what God has given within his covenants to me "as meat"  Just as God has been  very generous and specific,  I should be carefully appreciative and precise in my obedience. If God says leave nothing  for tomorrow consume it all  before next dawn, I should, even must, do so. 

3, God has devoted fully 25% of his word to money. He has used money examples in his lessons about servants serving masters, rewarding those with the best gain for their master. And how to best utilize wealth in sharing of it that all that "work" may be blessed of it and be enabled by God  to bless God without resentment of God for one's poverty, nor be able to ignore God because of one's wealth. 

4, So called secular people ar enot without  standards of decency. They do not drink to excess a bit more than a Baptist alcoholic might, nor do they travel more than a Christian missionary might be led to by the Holy Spirit, nor do they take retreat for  rest more than any cluster of Elders Deacons and Deaconesses might as a "retreat".

Conclusion: I care very much about much of what affects the world. Though I am not of this world, having be born again,  I am in this world.

• Thumbs Up 2